jibers
pedrosom
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bad news, guys Empty Bad news, guys

Post by pedrosom Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 am

Tancredi Palmeri ‏(@tancredipalmeri) tweet this a few minutes ago
JUST IN:According to Corriere delloSport,tomorrow italian sport justice will officially involve Juventus manager Conte in match-fixing trial
pedrosom
pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Bad news, guys Empty Re: Bad news, guys

Post by jibers Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 am

Shit
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:53 am

u lying!!!!!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:05 am

So he will be charged and sent to jail?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:51 am

:facepalm: there sure is someone out there who really really hates Juventus.

Our players and conte have never fixed a match, but getting apparently 3 year bans for NOT REPORTING that they might have known something.

Utter BS, no wonder people hate the police and governing bodies.

They are basically being punished for keeping out of it. I dont see how that helps football at all. Juve have just got back to the top, found a brilliant juventino manager and look really threatening to win a lot from now on and do italian football well but no, some idiots incharge of sports in italy decide if your not a grass your guilty aswell!

Whats more frustrating is (not hating on Inter btw, just using this as a point) I remember reading when the second lot of trials for Calciopoli were going on and some reports were floating about from officials who said something like 'if inter were also seen in 2006 to have ties with referree's like every club in italy they could of been punished too' and i dont remember if it was the same report or another BUT at the point in time, Inter were THE biggest club in Italy and i read more statements about even though theres evidence Inter did the same things as Juve in 2006 nothing would happen to them now because it would just hurt italian football even more and make the league look even worse than it did.

But now i guess its Juventus back involved it changes and Conte, Bonucci and Pepe, 3 main Juventino's will suffer because someone doesnt like to see us on top :coffee:

Its Conte im mostly worries about, we can find another Pepe or Bon anytime, but Antonio is the man right now that we need.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 am

You're wrong Cassius..The worst punishment Conte could get is a 1 year ban..(That is the maximum punishment one can get if you fail to report any match fixing activity)

I'm hearing Conte could get a possible ban of 3-6 months..I am not sure.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 am

Wow, really?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:37 am

I urge some of you people to not jump the gun yet..Nothing's official yet..Atm this is just a deferral and its not a 'charge'..Lets wait until August 2(thats when the hearings are set to start) for more updates.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Also Bonucci is threaten 3 yrs ban from playing football
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Corruption level in Italy: infinite

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Great. Just in time to also screw up our transfer market.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:03 pm

If he is found guilty and given the 3-year ban, then I won't argue against it, the penalty for match-fixing must be sever in order to set an example.

What I am worried about though, is the whole Bonucci leaves in the defense. If we play a 3-5-2 we're going to need another CB. Caceres is injured for almost 2 months, Lucio has shown that he can't be relied on regularly, and Masi is too inexperienced. I think we should bring back Sorensen from Bologna just in case.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:17 pm

The max he can get is 1 year, as he was aware (at least that's what they say) of 2 fixed matches and didn't report it. He was cleared off from match fixing, as he didn't participate in it.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:20 pm

dronte wrote:The max he can get is 1 year, as he was aware (at least that's what they say) of 2 fixed matches and didn't report it. He was cleared off from match fixing, as he didn't participate in it.

That is in Conte and Pepe's case..And the length of the ban can be reduced on appeal.

But not in Bonucci's case as he's been accused of sporting fraud.So he is the big problem right now..He's on the brink of a severe punishment perhaps.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm

So, even if Conte is judged guilty does that mean the league which was won by Juve is going to be taken away?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:00 pm

Nameless wrote:So, even if Conte is judged guilty does that mean the league which was won by Juve is going to be taken away?

No. This had nothing to do with anyone's time at Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Nameless wrote:So, even if Conte is judged guilty does that mean the league which was won by Juve is going to be taken away?

No, all 3 cases have nothing to do with Juve. It was when Pepe was with Udinese, Bonucci was with Bari, and Conte was with Siena.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Andrea Agnelli:

Andrea Agnelli commented on the referrals transmitted by the Prosecutor’s Office of the Italian Football Federation:

“Today’s events leave a bitter taste in our mouths, which is relieved only by the awareness that, as stated by the Italian sporting authorities, the rules of the sport action will certainly clarify the circumstances ahead of various status of case. On behalf of our club, I’d like to confirm that our full support lies with Antonio Conte, Angelo Alessio, Christian Stellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Simone Pepe:

Juventus are a company quoted on the Stock Exchange, but people perceive us like a team, and all those involved who have devoted work and passion to the Bianconeri’s colours have an even stronger perception. In teams, people help one another while fighting, loosing and winning. But nobody is alone. And even now nobody will be abandoned.”
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm

That is so stupid/unlucky by Juve to get 3 people into the club who was involved in stuff like this. How much we may never find out, but if they know about it and didn't tell, I guess its like witnessing a murder and not saying anything.

If there is evidence of Bonucci being directly involved he should be banned for life! An example must be made.

Conspiracy: Someone out to get Juve? Not to mention Italian football as a whole.

Matchfixing is much more normal than one might think though. There was recently one in the Norwegian league, and former Norwegian International and Southampton legend and captain Claus Lundekvam, who after Dennis Bergkamp was the foreigner in the PL who played the most number of games, said that it was normal to bet money on things like "whos gonna get the first throw", and they spoke with teammates to make it look natural. Dont know to what degree that is fixing a game though.

It seems to be popular in the smaller clubs, where there is harder to get the same attention obviously.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:18 pm

Am i the only one who thinks he should be fired if proven guilty?

Or is my moral compass off?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:49 pm

CroInter wrote:Am i the only one who thinks he should be fired if proven guilty?

I haven't followed this scandal close enough to know what is Conte's degree of involvement besides the fact that he was charged knowing about the fix, but not reporting it. If Conte is found to be heavily involved, such as knowing definitively that a fix was on, I would have a hard time defending him. Harsh punishments need to be given in order to stop the corruption in Italian football.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:54 pm

Juventude wrote:
CroInter wrote:Am i the only one who thinks he should be fired if proven guilty?

I haven't followed this scandal close enough to know what is Conte's degree of involvement besides the fact that he was charged knowing about the fix, but not reporting it. If Conte is found to be heavily involved, such as knowing definitively that a fix was on, I would have a hard time defending him. Harsh punishments need to be given in order to stop the corruption in Italian football.

If he knew the fix is on and didnt say shit then its the same if he fixed it himself, same shit, he played out a game knowing its fixed.

I would ban his cheating ass for 5 years.

OFC IF HE IS FOUND GUILTY.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 pm

CroInter wrote:
Juventude wrote:

If he knew the fix is on and didnt say shit then its the same if he fixed it himself, same shit, he played out a game knowing its fixed.

That's ridiculous, it's not the same at all and you know that. Knowing about a murder and committing murder are not the same and that's why they aren't punished the same. So, let's not try and say they are the same.

However, I would say if he knew for certain, then Juve may want to consider it. If he kind of knew, but didn't know it was happening for sure, that's different. There are different levels of knowledge. Hearing whispers about something potentially happening and knowing for sure something happened are two different things.

So, I disagree with you. It's not black or white. There is a lot of grey area. If i was on those teams and heard rumors about it, I probably would not have gone to the authorities and started naming people because it's not my place to do that if I don't know.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 pm

CroInter wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Seriously. Noone would ever report it, for two reasons:
1. he would be probably be fired instantly and hated by many supporters
2. reporting something like this would be a threat for anyone, the betting mafia isn't something you would want to mess with

I'm not sayin that it is a good thing he didn't report it, but it is totally understandable.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Juventude wrote:
CroInter wrote:
Juventude wrote:

That's ridiculous, it's not the same at all and you know that. Knowing about a murder and committing murder are not the same and that's why they aren't punished the same. So, let's not try and say they are the same.

However, I would say if he knew for certain, then Juve may want to consider it. If he kind of knew, but didn't know it was happening for sure, that's different. There are different levels of knowledge. Hearing whispers about something potentially happening and knowing for sure something happened are two different things.

So, I disagree with you. It's not black or white. There is a lot of grey area. If i was on those teams and heard rumors about it, I probably would not have gone to the authorities and started naming people because it's not my place to do that if I don't know.

But he did commit the murder, he knew game was fix and he played it, maybe he didnt planed the murder but he sure was one of ppl who commit it. Maybe he didnt profit for it but still, scumbag move.

For me its simple IF he did knew game was fixed and he obviously played along, he is fkn disgrace for football.

Last edited by CroInter on Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next