Luca
Cotes
inderbaby
GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
9 posters

Go down

A-List...... Empty A-List......

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:46 pm

The GK position looks to be set, Gianluigi Buffon should be the undisputed #1; he has shown through last season + Euro 2012 that he is GOAT-esque. Storari is a great #2, he loves Juve and is alright w/ (occasionally) deputizing for Buffon. More importantly, if Buffon (god-forbid) has back problems, he could easily be a #1. Nicola Leali is a GOAT-IN-TRAINING and will probably be loaned out to Varese to gain experience; Branescu/Arcari should be the #3.

For the defense, Lichtsteiner is BOSS at RB and will fight it out w/ Isla for a starting position; each are great defensively and make lung-bursting runs. At LB, De Ceglie had a great year and seems to (hopefully) getting over his injuries-plagued season(s); Marotta and Paratici should really be looking at a LB for depth, F Coentrao (dream) or Balzaretti would be ideal. Chiellini-Barzagli played phenomenally, conceding the least amount of goals in Europe; Bonucci is always-improving and should only improve when/if paired w/ Lucio. Lucio is getting on, but should (hopefully) be great for 1 year, and of course, Caceres is the definition of a great utility player.

Dzagoev would be an amazing purchase, the technique on this guy is incredible! I won't go into discussion over Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio as the 3-man midfield, any real Juventino is well aware how (potentially) great it could be once again. I fully expect Buoy to get a look in by Conte; guy has played extremely well w/ the Primavera.....a man among children. Asamoah has played well for Udinese over the past 2 years, and i fully expect that trend to continue as a DM (not a great passer by any means, but is great at positioning and tackles). I would hope Marotta goes after Aquilani in case Pirlo sustains and injury, though. He is no Pirlo by any stretch, but would be good as a rotation player. Giaccherini and Pepe each add something to the group, be it their flair (Giaccherini) or their non-stop running and determination (Pepe), respectively. Both are welcome with open arms, but should really working on their crossing. Marrone should be kept on, but Giandonato is mediocre and should ply his trade in Serie B.

Giovinco has a lot to prove, but if he works hard, has the remaining tools to make it work as Juventino. Vucinic and Quagliarella's class and skill speak for themselves, and if each can remain injury-free and consistent, could be tantalizing!!!! With all due respect to Matri, he is a sub, not to be played as a starting CF; he was great in his first year w/ us, but has plateaued at 10 goals, unacceptable. I hope Van Persie or Dzeko arrives.

In
F Coentrao/Balzaretti
Dzagoev
Aquilani
Van Persie/Dzeko

thoughts??

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

A-List...... Empty Re: A-List......

Post by inderbaby Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:18 pm

LB would be sorted with the addition of another player like Balzaretti or Kolarov but after the Lucio signing we have enough depth at CB and if you consider that PDC is our natural player there, then you have Caceres who can play LWB for us, Chiellini can cover LB and in a 3 man back line with two wing backs even Giaccherini is a good attacking option as a LWB although he would be a more attacking choice against teams that just park the bus! Tbh I think we could be looking at various changes in form this season from the 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2. I have also been thinking that there is a possibility that We could play something like a 3-5-2 with Giovinco and Vucinic leading the attack depending on whether we sign another top class forward with Isla as our RWB coming forward and Marchiso also making break forward etc. Its all looking pretty exciting to me as we also have Pogba coming who I think could turn out to be our future replacement for Pirlo, Obviously he is not a Pirlo type player but he tends to keep a similar positioning in the middle of the pitch, he plays the ball about brilliantly, has a corker of a shot and he is great at recovering the ball (something which pirlo is actually good at but hardly appreciated for). In terms of this Dzagoev I think he is a neat little player but we already have Giovinco who plays a similar role and does this Juventus team really accommodate a CAM? I'm not so sure tbh but we havent really been linked to him so I wont count on Juve signing him. As for the Forward I think Dzeko seems the best option for us especially if we can get him on loan as I feel RVP is world class but his salary is a joke and would not be in terms with the Juve policy. I think this season we will really see Vucinic beginning to peak as he was brilliant last season but he was being plagued by a knee problem which I believe has been operated on this summer so once he is back to 100% I think we will see some real class from him, I am looking forward to see him and Giovinco play together as they are both very clever and creative footballers smoking

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Finally u make a thread that is NOT criticizing the players, I like that...

I think Conte has a great idea what he wants from the team...
He wants a high energy, all round versatile team...
Other from Pirlo & Buffon, he wants almost every player to be able to play more than one position...
eg: Giovinco: Winger & Attacking Midfielder/second Striker
Vucinic: Second Striker, Left/Right Winger
Marchisio: Central, Defensive or Attacking Midfielder etc.....

I think Isla will challenge Pepe for his spot in a 4-3-3 formation
Lichtsteiner & Caceres are already RB's, Isla has the stamina, crosses & ability to play Right Wing Striker in a 4-3-3 formation.
Imagine a formation with these 3 guys on the same side of the field (although Vidal is almost everywhere all of the time...) smoking

GK
RB(Lichtsteiner)......CB....CB.....LB
MF(Vidal).....MF......MF
RWF(Isla).....CF.....LWF

That's alot of technique & energy right there....

Also...No Mention of Padoin?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 am

On your transfers in:

I wouldn't see any use in bringing in Aquilani. He isn't started and I believe he gets paid fairly well. I would rather give time to the wide array of midfielders that Juventus already possesses. I don't want anyone eating anymore minutes from Marrone and the other potential young players like Appelt, Pogba, Bouy etc.

I would say yes to Balzeretti, absolutely. The LB must be addressed because De Ceglie will not manage this many games, it's just not in his DNA. Balzeretti seems like the perfect candidate since he won't cost much and he's a fairly decent player who could rotate with Paolo.

Dzagoev would be a good signing, but unless he is getting minutes I see this as another Krasic/Elia.

RVP would be sweet, I'm much more fond of Suarez but he may be out of reach Sad

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:19 am

Buffon
Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Pirlo
Isla-Vidal-Marchisio-PDC
Giovinco-Vucinic

This is the most realistic lineup..Absolutely sick and tired of this striker talk..I have almost come to a point were i would even accept our current attack as it is.

Balzaretti would be a great addition but he wont come cheap.(heard Palermo want 10m or something close to that).We've been linked to Adriano as well and we'll see how it goes.

Lets rock and roll with Gio-Vucinic baby..both will take Serie A by storm next season smoking

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:21 am

God awful depth up top if that happens
And if PDC goes down, I'm assuming you'd have Isla swap sides and then have Lichtsteiner start

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:27 am

Luca wrote:God awful depth up top if that happens
And if PDC goes down, I'm assuming you'd have Isla swap sides and then have Lichtsteiner start

Perhaps hmm

Though i havent seen him play on the left..I dont know if he can use both feet well.

With this current attack its still good enough to win the Scudetto..Gio and Vucinic to deceive you all by wreaking havoc next season smoking

Dont mind me i am not being serious at all right now.Just exhausted by this shit striker talk in the media
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I actually like the idea of the a Giovinco-Vucinic attack, but there is no one behind them and that's the problem.

As it stands:

Giovinco, Vucinic, Quagliarella, Matri

In a two striker formation, Juventus has 4 strikers.... It's just not ideal.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Well we have Iaquinta back from loan though..

A-List...... WZpFV
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:25 pm

A-List...... Disgusted-mother-of-god

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Iaquinta to surprise us all

:bow: the top CF we were looking for.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:06 pm

A-List...... 23057417
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't even joke about that lmao

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Razz

I can see it now, in the semi-final of the CL 2nd leg. The commentators are going crazy.

"GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL, a beautiful volley by IAQUINTA sends Juventus through to the CL Final and completes his 2nd half hattrick. His link up play with the re-signed Amauri has been excellent so far in this game. Marco Mottas bombing run down the right flank opened up the defence."
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm

Surag wrote:A-List...... 23057417

:bow: Marotta the genius
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:04 pm

TomJuve wrote:Razz

I can see it now, in the semi-final of the CL 2nd leg. The commentators are going crazy.

"GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL, a beautiful volley by IAQUINTA sends Juventus through to the CL Final and completes his 2nd half hattrick. His link up play with the re-signed Amauri has been excellent so far in this game. Marco Mottas bombing run down the right flank opened up the defence."
" Great set up play from Poulsen what a playmaker he is Martin Tyler"
Razz
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 pm

juveman17 wrote:

Razz

I just shivered a little thinking about how Poulsen genuinely played for us.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:47 pm

TomJuve wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Razz

"But of course credit goes to the defender Grygera for winning that tackle and starting the play"
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

juveman17 wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Razz

"But of course credit goes to the defender Grygera for winning that tackle and starting the play"

Zdenek Grygera :bow:

Although Olof Mellberg helped him out quite alot today.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:11 pm

TomJuve wrote:
juveman17 wrote:
TomJuve wrote:
juveman17 wrote:

Razz

Zdenek Grygera :bow:

Although Olof Mellberg helped him out quite alot today.

Mellberg :bow:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Oh come on, Mellberg and Grygera weren't Juve quality but they always played well for us. Credit to them for giving their all. Don't mention them in the same sentence as Poulsen and Amauri Mad
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:38 pm

then again what is Juve quality?

I don't think Giacherini, Pepe, Bonucci, Paolo de Ceglie etc are "Juve quality" yet they play for us.......
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down