The Messiah
Potential
rwo power
REWB
Onyx
68 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by ELO Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm

me, too. Schürrle had a few faux pas defensively, so yeah, Poldi might be the smarter choice in jogis eyes. I can also see Kroos for Schweini...

ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:10 pm

No team has had more shots at #Euro2012 than Italy - 87.

4 goals from 87 shots Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Balotelli's misses. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No team has had more shots at #Euro2012 than Italy - 87.

Juventus 2012 :bow:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 pm

I dont think anyone accuse this Italy of being defensive at this tournament but what we can accuse them of is being very bad finishers lol.

Think what Inzaghi would do with this service Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Wanknk2
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 pm

nah most of those shots are long shots .

One goal from open play so far Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:23 pm

Adit wrote:nah most of those shots are long shots .

One goal from open play so far Laughing

Usual spanish fanboy hater Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Italy have played great so kudos to them. Hope they continue to play this way because it's better than what they tried to do in South Africa.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Truth hurts but apart from pirlo offensively the italian midfield has been largely impotent.Marchisio,De ross,Motta etc have been excellent supporting Pirlo defensively but none of them had fantastic game offensively.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Adit wrote:Truth hurts but apart from pirlo offensively the italian midfield has been largely impotent.Marchisio,De ross,Motta etc have been excellent supporting Pirlo defensively but none of them had fantastic game offensively.

None of them are supposed to be offensive players, but there have been chances.

Marchisio created two chances against England, the one De Rossi bottled in the second half and I believe one of Balotelli's chances (not 100% on this one). Marchisio had a couple good chances against Spain, bottled a one v one against Croatia too.

Motta had the header against Spain (just off the top of my head right now) and a backheel to start a nice attack against Croatia.

De Rossi, hit the post against England and then missed a sitter in the six yard box in the same game.

Sorry, if any of these are incorrect I'm just going off of memory

In any case, they are not offensive players, they support Pirlo first and foremost.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:34 pm

More passes than anyone else = attacking team

More shots than anyone else = defensive team

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Okay-meme-jpg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Luca wrote:
Adit wrote:Truth hurts but apart from pirlo offensively the italian midfield has been largely impotent.Marchisio,De ross,Motta etc have been excellent supporting Pirlo defensively but none of them had fantastic game offensively.

Marchisio created two chances against England, the one De Rossi bottled in the second half and I believe one of Balotelli's chances (not 100% on this one). Marchisio had a couple good chances against Spain, bottled a one v one against Croatia too.

Motta had the header against Spain (just off the top of my head right now) and a backheel to start a nice attack against Croatia.

De Rossi, hit the post against England and then missed a sitter in the six yard box in the same game.

In any case, they are not offensive players, they support Pirlo first and foremost.

I dont know if they are there for defensive works alone but they clearly havent contributed enough in attack to ''say those players are offensive threats''.

Cassano and Balotteli relaying too much on long shots in an example of them not getting enough support. They both had 33 shots this tournament and scored 1 goal and that was during a set piece.Even though you can say they are bottling chances i just dont think they are getting enough service.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:More passes than anyone else = attacking team

More shots than anyone else = defensive team

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Okay-meme-jpg

passes remaining teams

Spain 3211
Italy 2676
Germany 2557
Portugal 1754
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Adit wrote:
Luca wrote:

I dont know if they are there for defensive works alone but they clearly havent contributed enough in attack to ''say those players are offensive threats''.

Cassano and Balotteli relaying too much on long shots in an example of them not getting enough support. They both had 33 shots this tournament and scored 1 goal and that was during a set piece.Even though you can say they are bottling chances i just dont think they are getting enough service.

You're right, they aren't for two reasons.
The first is in the 3-5-2 against Spain and Croatia, the wingers didn't provide enough service into the middle.
The second, is in the 4-3-1-2, Montolivo/Motta (neither of which are natural trequartistas) haven't provided enough creativity to open up defenses.

So, because of this, Cassano has been dropping off deeper to collect the ball, try and find Balotelli or have a shot himself.

Balotelli has had a variety of chances, including a few inside the box which he should be scoring.

I have no problems with Italy shooting from distance, they are not the type of team that is going to walk the ball into the net and to be fair they have had quite a few decent shots from outside the box.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I dont think anyone accuse this Italy of being defensive at this tournament but what we can accuse them of is being very bad finishers lol.

Think what Inzaghi would do with this service Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 Wanknk2

My friend our finishing has been sh*t
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No team has had more shots at #Euro2012 than Italy - 87.

Not for nothing was I recalling the days when Italy had more than one world class finisher on a regular basis and now they need to rely on an erratic and crazy Balotelli as their best hope which is sad. Cassano is not up to it physically and in the last match even his passing and decision making was bad.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:13 am

The whole team plays around and for Pirlo. He is by light years their best player. Maybe one reason why Italy was rated low was that they hardly have outstanding players in defense, midfield or attack but what most people did not anticipate was that Pirlo could roll back the years to this extent.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am

Zealous wrote:
sbaggio wrote:
REWB wrote:^^fck me ozil looks EPIC in that pic. looks like a total beast.

back on topic, i think it will be an even game. i have a feeling ozil will flop though, pirlo will shine again. Germany will go through as they have much more clinical players.

He looks like a retard.

Lol sbaggio uber-nationalism :bow:

He's going to make a few Italian players look retarded :lucas :

What's up, Zealous? Pirlo may make one or two Germans look like monkeys as well. Laughing
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:53 am

messixaviesta wrote:

Not for nothing was I recalling the days when Italy had more than one world class finisher on a regular basis and now they need to rely on an erratic and crazy Balotelli as their best hope which is sad. Cassano is not up to it physically and in the last match even his passing and decision making was bad.

Good to see you in this section Deepak.

Cassano had an odd performance. He is the kind of man you'd expect to step it up big in these situations (which he usually does). But what bothered me is how he didn't fulfill his usual role of being the Fantasista/10 of the frontline as he was being uncharacteristically selfish along with his inaccurate passing against England. Very strange as although I suspect his lack of fitness after the stroke has taken a toll on him.

Most of us didn't want Balo to play.

We wanted Antonio Di Natale who is one of the best finishers in the world. He also naturally is a 10 and combines far better than Balo does with Cassano as its pleasing to the eye.

Which is why I was perplexed on why Prandelli didn't even use him as an impact sub! Maybe he was resting him for Germany hmm

Point being Di Natale has to start with Cassano imo as when given the chance to finish, he makes it look easy.

As for Italia, people underrate them as usual every tournament.

Italia's defense midfield and attack is greater than many think as people like Mole, Dosto etc can attest to that.

Italia's problem is that Prandelli hasn't yet found the best system that suits them.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:30 am

Arquitecto wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

Cassano had an odd performance. He is the kind of man you'd expect to step it up big in these situations (which he usually does). But what bothered me is how he didn't fulfill his usual role of being the Fantasista/10 of the frontline as he was being uncharacteristically selfish along with his inaccurate passing against England. Very strange as although I suspect his lack of fitness after the stroke has taken a toll on him.

We wanted Antonio Di Natale who is one of the best finishers in the world. He also naturally is a 10 and combines far better than Balo does with Cassano as its pleasing to the eye.

Which is why I was perplexed on why Prandelli didn't even use him as an impact sub! Maybe he was resting him for Germany hmm

Point being Di Natale has to start with Cassano imo as when given the chance to finish, he makes it look easy.

Italia's defense midfield and attack is greater than many think as people like Mole, Dosto etc can attest to that.

Italia's problem is that Prandelli hasn't yet found the best system that suits them.

You're the man! Forza Italia!
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 am

Sup sbaggio Very Happy

I'm just hoping to see a great game eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am

Arquitecto wrote:

Thanks arqui.

I agree to some extent about Di Natale but there have been doubts if he can do it for Italy. As to why Balotelli played I guess it was due to his physical prowess.

I agree that Italy have a good team in all aspects. All I meant was that they don't really have any outstanding players besides Pirlo and Buffon and hence such a team will be rated low. For traditional reasons at least people should take Italy more seriously than they have a habit of doing.

I would say Prandelli has done at least a decent job with what he had in hand.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:58 am

Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 A0go08
Only 6 players from 2006 still play for both teams while on of them sits on the bench. I also updated my blog ( under my avatar) for this special occasion eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

Immortal Babun wrote:Semi final: Germany vs Italy discussion - Page 6 A0go08
Only 6 players from 2006 still play for both teams while on of them sits on the bench. I also updated my blog ( under my avatar) for this special occasion eco smile

De Rossi :coffee:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:23 am

So I heard that Germany have not defeated Italy in an official match since 1970. Can anyone confirm or deny this statistic?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:36 am

That statistic is entirely true but probably irrelevant, until a few days ago Spain had never beaten France :lucas :
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next