Clubs that should be worried about FFP

+6
fatman123
S
chinomaster182
TalkingReckless
nasir6371
Abramovich
10 posters

Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Abramovich Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 pm

Pretty interesting article, although for sure its not canon and set in stone but still makes you aware of stuff you might not have known about like for me instance with Liverpool I didn't know that they would be in trouble, but then again it sure does make sense.



Paris St. Germain: PSG would seem the obvious one here. With rich ownership, they have no issues with spending. They'd seem to offer regular Champions League football and a great city in which to live, so they have no issues attracting great players. Ligue 1 doesn't generate huge revenues outside of France though, and as the new kids on the block they don't have the advertising dollars of a Chelsea. They also have were little in the way of valuable assets to sell. If they keep splashing, they won't have a prayer of compliance.

Manchester City: The Premier League champions will benefit from the new TV money and sponsorship deals, but their spending spree of the last several years will still be an impossible hurdle. Where Chelsea signed the majority of their stars prior to the FFP accounting, Man City did not have that luxury. Major sales and little spending will be necessary if they are to comply, although they've put in place a solid enough framework that they should be in ok shape down the road.


Liverpool: Like City, Liverpool will benefit from the increased TV revenue. Unlike City, Liverpool haven't had Champions League income in a while. Liverpool spent a lot last summer, doing so again without CL money will likely doom them as far as FFP is concerned.

Malaga: Malaga have very rich ownership, but they have quite pathetic revenues. The TV model that Barca and Real have forced on the rest of La Liga leaves Malaga in worse shape revenue wise than many Championship clubs. They have Champions League revenue this year, but even with that I'd be surprised to see them generate as much total revenue as any of the newly promoted Premier League sides do. They have money to spend due to rich owners, but if they do they will not comply.

Anzhi Makhachkala: Another newly rich club, the Russian Premier League just doesn't generate enough revenue to let them comply if they spend. Factor in the wages they need to pay to get anyone to even consider playing there and you paint a pretty bleak picture as far as compliance goes.

Inter Milan: Inter was one of the least profitable clubs in Europe over the last 5 years. They the gave up massive revenue in the new Italian TV deal. Then they missed the Champions League. They've made some great sales over the last several years in Ibra and Eto, they'll need to make quite a few more of those types of deals to have a shot.

AC Milan: The two Milan clubs have traditionally showed big losses. They also just gave up massive TV revenue to the rest of Serie A in hopes of avoiding watching the league mimic the model that destroyed the Scottish Premier League and is destroying La Liga. Both were in bad shape as far as FFP goes despite having many 'grandfathered" contracts, and both now have to start replacing those players. AC Milan is in better shape than Inter due to qualifying for the CL, but they have an awful lot of old players moving on that they have to replace. I'd expect to see some big names sold if they hope to comply.

Juventus
: This might be the least likely club in all of Europe to comply. They also took a huge hit in TV revenue, and they haven't had the Champions League to help recently either. They've still spent big though, and their wage bill is very high. Even if they signed a bunch of free players and still won the Champions League, Juve will likely not be compliant. Of all the clubs in Italy though, they are heading in the right direction the fastest due to their new stadium and sponsorship deals.

Roma: Roma are the 4th Italian team to take a hit in TV revenue. They are in pretty big trouble if they don't start making the CL regularly, and with Serie A down to 3 spots that seems unlikely at best.

Full story here:

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/14/3085089/so-what-clubs-do-need-to-worry-about-ffp
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 am

No Chelsea.... Hazard for 32M+ and Hulk for 38M

Russian Gangster massaging books :bow: :bow:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 2167
Join date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

nasir6371 wrote:No Chelsea.... Hazard for 32M+ and Hulk for 38M

Russian Gangster massaging books :bow: :bow:

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/14/3084550/chelsea-financial-fair-play

Also Hulk deal is far from complete and might not be it's all died down a little.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:33 am

i am gonna wait until Swiss Ramble does his next FFP article before i believe who is in trouble or not

Here is a recent look at Milan's fiances

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/05/milan-warning-signs.html?utm_source=BP_recent
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:47 am

BS article.

we cut the wage bill by 30M a year last summer, and saved bucket load of money (and spent 40M net since take over anyways, which is club's earning over a year)

I am so pissed that John Henry is taking FFP so seriously

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:18 am

Schweini wrote:I am so pissed that John Henry is taking FFP so seriously

Irresponsibility ftw?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by S Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:23 am

Juventus: This might be the least likely club in all of Europe to comply. They also took a huge hit in TV revenue, and they haven't had the Champions League to help recently either. They've still spent big though, and their wage bill is very high. Even if they signed a bunch of free players and still won the Champions League, Juve will likely not be compliant. Of all the clubs in Italy though, they are heading in the right direction the fastest due to their new stadium and sponsorship deals.

scratch

Seems like an uninformed article to me..I'd trust swiss ramble more.

This article is giving a whole new meaning to FFP seriously.Dont understand this at all.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28436
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by fatman123 Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 am

chinomaster182 wrote:
Schweini wrote:I am so pissed that John Henry is taking FFP so seriously

Irresponsibility ftw?

no cause FIFA are never going to kick anyone out of the CL, imagine how much revenue theyd loose if there was a CL with no RM, Barca, Chelsea, and Yanited
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by S Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:38 am

I doubt this guy who wrote the article is perfectly aware of financial status of each club..This dude is a Chelsea Fan himself.

I'd rather wait for the next Swiss Ramble article.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28436
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:42 am

Abramovich wrote:Pretty interesting article, although for sure its not canon and set in stone but still makes you aware of stuff you might not have known about like for me instance with Liverpool I didn't know that they would be in trouble, but then again it sure does make sense.



Paris St. Germain: PSG would seem the obvious one here. With rich ownership, they have no issues with spending. They'd seem to offer regular Champions League football and a great city in which to live, so they have no issues attracting great players. Ligue 1 doesn't generate huge revenues outside of France though, and as the new kids on the block they don't have the advertising dollars of a Chelsea. They also have were little in the way of valuable assets to sell. If they keep splashing, they won't have a prayer of compliance.

Manchester City: The Premier League champions will benefit from the new TV money and sponsorship deals, but their spending spree of the last several years will still be an impossible hurdle. Where Chelsea signed the majority of their stars prior to the FFP accounting, Man City did not have that luxury. Major sales and little spending will be necessary if they are to comply, although they've put in place a solid enough framework that they should be in ok shape down the road.


Liverpool: Like City, Liverpool will benefit from the increased TV revenue. Unlike City, Liverpool haven't had Champions League income in a while. Liverpool spent a lot last summer, doing so again without CL money will likely doom them as far as FFP is concerned.

Malaga: Malaga have very rich ownership, but they have quite pathetic revenues. The TV model that Barca and Real have forced on the rest of La Liga leaves Malaga in worse shape revenue wise than many Championship clubs. They have Champions League revenue this year, but even with that I'd be surprised to see them generate as much total revenue as any of the newly promoted Premier League sides do. They have money to spend due to rich owners, but if they do they will not comply.

Anzhi Makhachkala: Another newly rich club, the Russian Premier League just doesn't generate enough revenue to let them comply if they spend. Factor in the wages they need to pay to get anyone to even consider playing there and you paint a pretty bleak picture as far as compliance goes.

Inter Milan: Inter was one of the least profitable clubs in Europe over the last 5 years. They the gave up massive revenue in the new Italian TV deal. Then they missed the Champions League. They've made some great sales over the last several years in Ibra and Eto, they'll need to make quite a few more of those types of deals to have a shot.

AC Milan: The two Milan clubs have traditionally showed big losses. They also just gave up massive TV revenue to the rest of Serie A in hopes of avoiding watching the league mimic the model that destroyed the Scottish Premier League and is destroying La Liga. Both were in bad shape as far as FFP goes despite having many 'grandfathered" contracts, and both now have to start replacing those players. AC Milan is in better shape than Inter due to qualifying for the CL, but they have an awful lot of old players moving on that they have to replace. I'd expect to see some big names sold if they hope to comply.

Juventus
: This might be the least likely club in all of Europe to comply. They also took a huge hit in TV revenue, and they haven't had the Champions League to help recently either. They've still spent big though, and their wage bill is very high. Even if they signed a bunch of free players and still won the Champions League, Juve will likely not be compliant. Of all the clubs in Italy though, they are heading in the right direction the fastest due to their new stadium and sponsorship deals.

Roma: Roma are the 4th Italian team to take a hit in TV revenue. They are in pretty big trouble if they don't start making the CL regularly, and with Serie A down to 3 spots that seems unlikely at best.

Full story here:

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/14/3085089/so-what-clubs-do-need-to-worry-about-ffp

Humble and Respectful Milan clubs showing La Liga how its done :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:46 am

Surag wrote:
Juventus: This might be the least likely club in all of Europe to comply. They also took a huge hit in TV revenue, and they haven't had the Champions League to help recently either. They've still spent big though, and their wage bill is very high. Even if they signed a bunch of free players and still won the Champions League, Juve will likely not be compliant. Of all the clubs in Italy though, they are heading in the right direction the fastest due to their new stadium and sponsorship deals.

scratch

Seems like an uninformed article to me..I'd trust swiss ramble more.

This article is giving a whole new meaning to FFP seriously.Dont understand this at all.


The latest Swiss Ramble on Milan shows the wage league for Serie A this season, Juventus is in third place for highest wage bill.


no cause FIFA are never going to kick anyone out of the CL, imagine how much revenue theyd loose if there was a CL with no RM, Barca, Chelsea, and Yanited

RM, Barca and United are going to be more than fine for FFP (check swiss ramble), Chelsea can also do it.

Serie A clubs are the ones in trouble, it defenitly shows on the market.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Dante Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:08 am

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Pretty interesting article, although for sure its not canon and set in stone but still makes you aware of stuff you might not have known about like for me instance with Liverpool I didn't know that they would be in trouble, but then again it sure does make sense.



Paris St. Germain: PSG would seem the obvious one here. With rich ownership, they have no issues with spending. They'd seem to offer regular Champions League football and a great city in which to live, so they have no issues attracting great players. Ligue 1 doesn't generate huge revenues outside of France though, and as the new kids on the block they don't have the advertising dollars of a Chelsea. They also have were little in the way of valuable assets to sell. If they keep splashing, they won't have a prayer of compliance.

Manchester City: The Premier League champions will benefit from the new TV money and sponsorship deals, but their spending spree of the last several years will still be an impossible hurdle. Where Chelsea signed the majority of their stars prior to the FFP accounting, Man City did not have that luxury. Major sales and little spending will be necessary if they are to comply, although they've put in place a solid enough framework that they should be in ok shape down the road.


Liverpool: Like City, Liverpool will benefit from the increased TV revenue. Unlike City, Liverpool haven't had Champions League income in a while. Liverpool spent a lot last summer, doing so again without CL money will likely doom them as far as FFP is concerned.

Malaga: Malaga have very rich ownership, but they have quite pathetic revenues. The TV model that Barca and Real have forced on the rest of La Liga leaves Malaga in worse shape revenue wise than many Championship clubs. They have Champions League revenue this year, but even with that I'd be surprised to see them generate as much total revenue as any of the newly promoted Premier League sides do. They have money to spend due to rich owners, but if they do they will not comply.

Anzhi Makhachkala: Another newly rich club, the Russian Premier League just doesn't generate enough revenue to let them comply if they spend. Factor in the wages they need to pay to get anyone to even consider playing there and you paint a pretty bleak picture as far as compliance goes.

Inter Milan: Inter was one of the least profitable clubs in Europe over the last 5 years. They the gave up massive revenue in the new Italian TV deal. Then they missed the Champions League. They've made some great sales over the last several years in Ibra and Eto, they'll need to make quite a few more of those types of deals to have a shot.

AC Milan: The two Milan clubs have traditionally showed big losses. They also just gave up massive TV revenue to the rest of Serie A in hopes of avoiding watching the league mimic the model that destroyed the Scottish Premier League and is destroying La Liga. Both were in bad shape as far as FFP goes despite having many 'grandfathered" contracts, and both now have to start replacing those players. AC Milan is in better shape than Inter due to qualifying for the CL, but they have an awful lot of old players moving on that they have to replace. I'd expect to see some big names sold if they hope to comply.

Juventus
: This might be the least likely club in all of Europe to comply. They also took a huge hit in TV revenue, and they haven't had the Champions League to help recently either. They've still spent big though, and their wage bill is very high. Even if they signed a bunch of free players and still won the Champions League, Juve will likely not be compliant. Of all the clubs in Italy though, they are heading in the right direction the fastest due to their new stadium and sponsorship deals.

Roma: Roma are the 4th Italian team to take a hit in TV revenue. They are in pretty big trouble if they don't start making the CL regularly, and with Serie A down to 3 spots that seems unlikely at best.

Full story here:

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/14/3085089/so-what-clubs-do-need-to-worry-about-ffp

Humble and Respectful Milan clubs showing La Liga how its done :bow:

Then , after having less money than Greece to spend , going on to sell the best CB in the world or sell Eto after 1 minute the offer was made
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am

Liverpool probably won't break-even for the foreseeable few years, but neither will our losses be too big for the club to comply with the FFP rules.

PSG and Anzhi are two clubs who clearly should have no business playing in UEFA competitions if FFP happens in any scale at all. Not that Anzhi have qualified for CL, sure didn't this season.

With rest of the clubs, let's wait and see what stance UEFA shall eventually take.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18194
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Abramovich Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:08 am

Surag wrote:I doubt this guy who wrote the article is perfectly aware of financial status of each club..This dude is a Chelsea Fan himself.

I'd rather wait for the next Swiss Ramble article.

Doesn't matter if he is a Chelsea fan or not and he is pretty well informed on football in general, its his job and he also wrote this.

Juventus will be in excellent shape going forward if their new stadium generates the expected revenues

After the first monitoring period though, they’ve already hit the acceptable loss for a three year period while losing about 23 million Euros in domestic TV. The Champions League will make that up, but it also shoots wages up by a good amount.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli
Posts : 6544
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:18 pm

I can't comment on other teams but Juventus usually make a profit each year. This season with no Europe and a new stadium was the exception. Juventus are in good shape financially. This article seems to have the wrong idea of the club.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 81

Back to top Go down

Clubs that should be worried about FFP Empty Re: Clubs that should be worried about FFP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum