BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Johan Cruyff: The Creator - Page 2 Empty Re: Johan Cruyff: The Creator

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 am

Misleading article.
Misleading headline in honesty...
Marca have really got this one upon the scoffers...

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 am

"Neymar's arrival could cause problems. Just look at free kicks for example. Neymar is very good at taking them. And Messi has already shown he is great, too. Who's going to take them...

He should be aware that Leo is left footed and shoots free kicks mostly from the right, and Neymar normally shoots from the left.

Not only that Xavi is our go to man for free kicks in the left, should we also sell Xavi?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

He is just reiterating how Neymar was a bad buy. He doesn't literally want Messi to be sold, nor does he think its the right move for the club.
pls don't Marca headlines decieve you man
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by laxman363 Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:08 pm

The headlines don't deceive us. He meant every word he said. So Johan cruyff goes into the list of guys whos opinions are now not worth listening.
laxman363
laxman363
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:10 pm

Cruyff's opinion is always worth listening to Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Hope he just means that to spite the board, because if he really believes it, it's a disappointment from our guru.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:34 am

laxman363 wrote:The headlines don't deceive us. He meant every word he said. So Johan cruyff goes into the list of guys whos opinions are now not worth listening.

Cryuff is a guy that you need to tackle hard what he speaks. As Free suggested, he doesn't approve of the move or how the board are thinking...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:26 am

About Lio: "Messi plays at Barcelona because his basic qualities and genius fit completely with Barca's style. As a result, Messi and Barcelona together are very successful. In Argentina he has not been so successful because the players are different and with other characteristics."

About LioNer: "At Barcelona the idea is to have the ball. But when the opponent has the ball, you have to recover it. And they are not ball recoverers, we will have to see who can do it in the other players they field. You have to see to these two geniuses, but you also have to see how they fit between them and with the rest of the team. I said it before. Two captains of the same ship many times leads to problems. If the directive made the decision, you have to respect it. I have also not said that they should sell Messi or Neymar. I'm just making public an observation. Maybe I would have waited 2 years to get them together. Wait for Messi to be older and see how it works, see if he has luck with his injuries and also see how Neymar develops. At 21 years old you can have many qualities but you have not developed them fully."

About Martino: "I don't know him so I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt. The coach is chosen before the team. Rijkaard and Pep were chosen from behind, Tito as well. Now, since Tito is sick, everything was done in a rush. They have made choices without the due diligence and made a rushed decision."

Who is your best student? "I would say Pep because he is coaching at a very high level. And after that, Rijkaard. Pep has achieved things very similar to the ones I did, not only for style, but also because of the club in which he coached. Guardiola is a great coach, very intelligent, he sees things as they are. I participated of his appointment as Barca B coach. In my opinion, my main achievement is that an 80% of the players I coached went on to coach now: Koeman, Laudrup, Stoichkov, Bakero, Guardiola... many of my former players today are coaches and that says a lot about their love for the game. They are people that were born to live for football."

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/johan-cruyff-habria-esperado-dos-anos-antes-juntar-messi-neymar-2560209
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:01 am

"80% of the players I coached went on to coach now"

Some how I don't believe this Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Am I reading it wrong or is cruyff saying that messi should not be asked to press?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm

I didnt read it like that. I read it as a statement, "Messi is not a ball recoverer" which these last 2 years at least have been a fact.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:15 pm

i think thats a fact for always.....atleast he never recovered as much as others....Otherwise cryff would not mention it as a Fact. And he expects/worries that Neymar would also be no different. Therefore he does not think too many of these kind are bad for teamwork or so...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:27 pm

Well I think with more in depth questioning, Cruyff would agree there are different levels of "ball recoverer's".

There are Etoo's and Olic's...there are Ibrahimovic's and recent Messi...and there are players somewhere in the middle.

I would put Neymar somewhere in the middle.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Neymar worked his socks off for Santos. Don't know what you are getting at neuro11
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 pm

Everyone can put pressure on his marker. It's a matter of attitude, it's not a special "ability". Even Robben learned how to press last season. I'm not worried about Neymar at all. He has that Justin Bieber aura around him with DEM fancy haircuts and all but his footballing behaviour doesn't seem like that at all.

Neymar: "Team-mates say I'm introvert? You have to go step by step. There will be time to joke, dance and sing. Now it's time to work hard." Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:37 pm

futbol wrote:Everyone can put pressure on his marker. It's a matter of attitude, it's not a special "ability". Even Robben learned how to press last season. I'm not worried about Neymar at all. He has that Justin Bieber aura around him with DEM fancy haircuts and all but his footballing behaviour doesn't seem like that at all.

Neymar: "Team-mates say I'm introvert? You have to go step by step. There will be time to joke, dance and sing. Now it's time to work hard." Proud
DAT NERMAN Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:44 pm

jibers wrote:Neymar worked his socks off for Santos. Don't know what you are getting at neuro11
and so??? where did i deny it??? dont know what are you getting where

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Cascia just linked me to this gem:

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/10/13/when-a-young-valdano-confronted-cruyff/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I will always address him as Mr. Cruyff Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:36 pm

The former Barcelona boss went on to praise the work of Johan Cruyff in modern football, describing him as the most important figure in the development of the game.

"Johan is the most influential person in football around the world. He was an amazing player, but also a great coach," said the 43-year-old.

"He has left so much beauty at my previous club. But not only at Barcelona do you see his influence. You see it in all the players who worked under him and those who took over from him. His influence went much further."
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:11 am

Johan Cruyff has said that he does not have "any need or interest" in being part of the Catalan club after refusing the honorary presidency upon the arrival of Rosell. Speaking to Radio station 'Rac1', Cruyff admits that reconciliation with the club's current management is impossible.

The Dutchman was appointed by the board of directors under the charge of his friend, Joan Laporta, as honorary president, for which he also acted as an external advisor, but Cruyff gave up the role on the first day of Rosell's presidency. "I never let anyone use me" the former Barça coach stressed.

"It looks as though those of us there before were fools ... Unicef has done an amazing job worldwide for Barcelona's prestige and if all those social values aren't important, only money, then I don't want to be part of the club," he reiterated.

Cruyff acknowledged that he had later met with Rosell, who went to visit him at his home on the outskirts of Barcelona, but that they failed to reach any kind of accord. "I told him that it was unacceptable for him to have talked about me like that (..) I don't have a good or a bad relationship with him, there is no relationship," he insisted.

He admitted that Joan Laporta is a friend. From his time as president, the Dutchman recalls the work of Frank Rijkaard, Pep Guardiola and sporting director Txiki Beguiristain. "It's a huge luxury," Cruyff stressed.

On next Saturday's 'Clasico', Cruyff admits that he has not watched a full match this season, neither that of Barcelona or Real Madrid. "Only the highlights", he said.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 pm

In his early Ajax days,he was a great dribbler,as good as any.In his later years,he didnt dribble as much.I have watched some of his earlier games and he was a brilliant dribbler.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:04 am

Its Cruyff birthday today, Happy Birthday Cruyff.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:51 pm

Do you think Senior Johan is right about Suarez joining Barcelona? I feel like it is more of a vanity signing. Every year it seems like this club is moving away from the ideals that the 3 great Dutch pinnacles have instilled in this club.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Well, I would want Cruyff to first of all elaborate on what he said and educate us more with his opinion. Also, I would like it more if he watched Barcelona (which he admits to not doing) and then said whatever he likes.

I already talked about my issues with Suarez, but I dont know if his style of play or attitude is all that different from that of Hristo Stoichkov...one of Cruyff's marquee players in his time as coach.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next