+3
iNFINITY9910
Noonan22
Kick
7 posters

Go down

Possible Tactics for the new setup Empty Possible Tactics for the new setup

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 4:00 am

Obviously we cannot play like we did last season, we are buying players which are attacking minded who cannot defend all that well. This in itself is a problem as we cannot let our frontline attack without some way of covering our back four.

There are two ways we can fix this problem without buying a DM (if we get Hulk a Buying a CM/DM is pointless.) The first option is to play two DM's in the Pivot. Eg
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Mikel Romeu
Hulk Mata Hazard
Torres

However, I feel unless Romeu Improves his vision or Luiz plays all of the balls out of defence we will have a rather disjointed midfield. This team on paper is certainly balenced and would be very strong in attack and defence but if we cannot play the ball out from defence then we cannot counter attack.

The second option invovles teaching Lampard increased defencive ability and stopping him from making forward runs. This would mean Lampard would solely be a DM/DLP. All we have to then do is to play this formation:
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole
Lampard Mikel
Hulk Mata Hazard
Torres

Mikel to Drop back to cover Cole on his attacking runs which will have to do to allow Hazard and Mata to interchange, Hulk stays wide on the right and only cuts in when he has the ball. Ivanovic does not venture forward and Lampard acts as the DM. When we have the ball in attack this is how it should look.
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Mikel Terry
Lampard
Hulk Mata Hazard Cole
Torres

If the other team counters and gets passed Lampard, Mikel goes to the ball carrier first which allows cole to drop back and our shape to be regained. This will only work if Lampard and Mikel improve their positioning which will slow down and counter attacks from the other team.

These two are crutial in this formation, if they flop, we flop. It will be AVB all over again. However, if Mikel and Lampard become a great Midfield Partnership we will have a fantastic season as long as HazMatulk can replicate their form from last season.

The other option which I won't go into detail about is buying Modric who could do the Lampard role. I think Hulk Hazard and a RB is enough for one summer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Possible Tactics for the new setup Empty Re: Possible Tactics for the new setup

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 4:04 am

I also forgot to mention, if we can always play Ramires in Hulks spot if our defence looks Shaky.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 am

Great effort mate Thumbs up

See this is why I think buying Hulk is not necessary.We could put Ramires on the right wing,as he's got so much stamina and energy and can get up and down the right flank all day long.

Our team would certainly look alot more balanced with Ramires in the team,and Hulk is going to cost somewhere between £30-40 million.Really not necessary imo.

Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 4:19 am

Yes, however, what ever way you look at it, that squad has top 4 and IMO even top 2 written all over it. I understand why we are buying both but think Ramires could do a bang up job there. The lineup would be a lot more balenced with him in it and IMO, I would play Ramires over Hulk in any big match. In matches against the bottom half teams I would play Hulk for all out Assult.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu May 31, 2012 4:35 am

Kick wrote:Yes, however, what ever way you look at it, that squad has top 4 and IMO even top 2 written all over it. I understand why we are buying both but think Ramires could do a bang up job there. The lineup would be a lot more balenced with him in it and IMO, I would play Ramires over Hulk in any big match. In matches against the bottom half teams I would play Hulk for all out Assult.

Oh definitely,we would be title contenders no doubt.

If we do get Hulk,Mikel needs to up his game,and Lampard has to transform his.It's hard to think Mikel has only just turned 25.This is a huge season for him.

I suppose another bonus about the possible signing of Hulk is that it gives us plenty of options,in personnel and formation.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 am

Yes, like I said, the Mikel Lampard combination could make or break our season. I both have blistering seasons then we will almost certainly be top 2. If both are poor, I can see us spending in the winter.

Our attacking depth is now crazy.

RW: Hulk, Ramires, Marin, Hazard, Sturridge, De Bruyne, Kakuta

LW: Hazard, Marin, Malouda, Ramires, Mata, Hulk, De Bruyne, Kakuta, Piazon

AM: Mata, Hazard, Marin, De Bruyne, Kakuta, Piazon, Meireles, Lampard

That is crazy!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 31, 2012 6:37 am

Noonan22 wrote:Great effort mate Thumbs up

See this is why I think buying Hulk is not necessary.We could put Ramires on the right wing,as he's got so much stamina and energy and can get up and down the right flank all day long.

Our team would certainly look alot more balanced with Ramires in the team,and Hulk is going to cost somewhere between £30-40 million.Really not necessary imo.

I at first thought its really unnecessary but think about this, we will be playing 2 games per week and rotation is absoloutely necessary, this season I don't know how we did the rotation, the players would have been sh*t tired. A good squad which has enough quality to rotate is the best way to challenge the title.

and my bit Very Happy

If we go for a 3 CB formation, we would end the need to buy a RB + Hazard and Mata can both play AM roles just behind the three strikers allowing Sturridge to fit in the right wing as well... If Mikel and Lamps stand strong in the defence we would be quiet deadly. Wing playing opponents would be a problem so we will have to play possession football for most of it.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 am

Teams like United where their wingers are so deadly Mikel and Lampard will have to learn to position themselves correctly to stop that threat. If they can do that we will be amazing.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by launchpad Thu May 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Great work Kick. Good to see that you think a lot.

My opinion is playing game by game. our owner seems to enjoy attacking and beautiful football. That is why he is still not satisfied with any manager.
RDM employed Composure based tactics(Many would call Defensive).
we ahve Hazard now, I feel we should retain this side only nd not go for any new signings. Give some breathing space to RDM and see what he can do.
For me Formation would be

-------------------------Cech----------------------------------------------

---Bosingwa-----Terry-----Cahil----------A.Cole-----------

---------------Mikel-----------Ramires----------------

------Hazard------------Lampard----------Mata--------

---------------------Torres-----------------------
launchpad
launchpad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 31, 2012 1:10 pm

The first formation could kind of work, Romeus problem isn't vision it's probably defensive positioning and recovery speed. At 20 maybe he could work a little on his legs (although that might be too much to ask for) passing range wise he probably doesn't have the same depth as Lampard but his 2 footedness and first time passing can make up for that.

I think you would see Mata dropping deep a lot in receiving the ball, which isn't the worst thing in the world but would prefer to see him in the hole between the lines with 3 runners ahead of him who he's able to feed in as opposed to coming deep and having to face a CM screen or such.

The other formations I don't really like, which includes yours launchpad. As Lampard is pretty whack in the hole and loses a massive amount of effectiveness (although he is BEAST in Fifa doing this) and Ramires in the pivot just wouldn't be a good idea as his passing isn't good enough and it would restrict his surging runs. Also Bosingwa has been released by the club and Luiz has to start for me.

If we didn't sign Hulk I could see a Xmas tree type of formation in terms of

-------------------------TORRES---------------------

----------HAZARD-----------------MATA------------------

----LAMPARD--------MIKEL/ROMEU-----------RAMIRES--------

That way in most cases you will always have to CM's defensively responsible, Hazard and Mata to do their own thing the DM role will just sit and spray like the old Makelele days & I suppose Ramires will be the old Essien. This formation gives me great nostalgia oh how I miss you the special one Crying or Very sad ........

I personally think I would rather have a CM quarter back Sahin/Modric or such over an RB, I believe Branna is great and having Hutch or Paolo as back up isn't too shabby. Although if Bran gets injured for a long period of time we would be in trouble, that being said what if Essien revives to a level some what close to his old form which could mean he could fill in at RB as he won't bench Ramires unless he truely returns to old form (highly doubtful imo).

Hulk for me is a headache to the starting line up but in a squad perspective it is great, having the extra option enables a better deal of rotation and strength off the bench. Especially when we will want to be competing on all fronts next season, as any silverware is a huge morale boost for the squad and team.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 1:26 pm

I don't doubt we will sign Hulk so both of your formations won't happen.

I would like to see the Xmas tree formation though. I personally think my second formation would be killer if we had Javi Martinez alongside Mikel but I doubt that will happen.

I don't think either Paulo or Hutch are good enough replacements for Ivanovic so we need to buy a RB after HazHulk.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu May 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Iva is solid enough IMO, he doesn't need to go that forward with those wingers at hand lol
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Yes but he needs a back up.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu May 31, 2012 11:58 pm

Hutch and Paolo are fine for back ups, if we are talking about getting a starter RB than that is another matter. Everyone was whacking off to PVA earlier in the season saying how he will be the successor to Cole and didn't feel that confident it would be Ryan look where he is now. We are always on about giving youth a chance this that or the other, yet when the opportunity presents it's self its like oh we need to sign someone else.

Paolo always gives it his all and still gives decent performances even when rusty and not match fit and Hutch is Chelsea through and through, I don't have any fears about allowing them either of them a back up role.

Also Todd Kane can be in for some cameo games in Carling cup or World club championship, quarter or semi match (can't remember where we start in), pretty pointless if we win youth cup and what not if we don't promote.

Last edited by Abramovich on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 am

Hutch may be Chelsea through and through, but I'm sorry his performances are failing his heart.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 am

He's played what 2 matches this season for the first team and we won them both? He's 22, even as back up he won't get massive amounts of minutes and worst case scenario we have January transfer window.

I have no qualms in getting a starter quality RB and having Bran as back up RB/CB, but buying a back up RB isn't needed imo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am

And who were those 2 matches against though? Weren't those QPR(when we were up 4 or so) and Blackburn(already relegated)?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 am

So what lol its still Premiership quality, its not like we are going to stick him in against City or United. I seriously don't get your beef with having him as a back up player and taking minutes in the CC and FA cup initial rounds where you play teams lower than Prem standard as it is.

Bare in mind he is a homegrown player which helps the PL registration squad and trained at the club for the CL too.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:24 am

I certainly don't have a problem with him. However, I do have a problem with what his body is preventing him from doing.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:37 am

Don't worry about the Hutchy we have awesome medical team and facilities, carefree and troll gil instead :bow:.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:46 am

My only fear with Hutch is that if Ivanovic goes out long term, We have Hutch or Paulo, both are ok for the occasional game but neither a good enough to step in without us missing Bran. Why do you think Bosingwa was played ahead of them? Because they are just as poor as he is.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:56 am

Bossi was favored by AVB Portuguese blah blah and he was more match fit than the others, I don't think either of them are upgrades on him but back up is back up. Any manager would have picked Bossi over Hutch just due to the experience factor, we would have had this fear with Cole when Yuri was sold as well. Breed an in house player, preferably English but if club trained I don't mind either.

Worst case scenario Jan transfer window, could even call back Bruma.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 am

We also mustn't forget about Toddy Kane. Now, I'm not suggesting he's anywhere near ready to be immeadeate backup to Iva in the way Bertrand is for Cole, but, as someone may have said before, if we start blooding him in CC (or should i say, COC Very Happy ) matches and whatnot, he could be groomed into the role gradually over a period of time.

Even still, a back-up RB is indeed needed in the short-term, I feel. Relying only on Iva would be suicidal.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:17 am

IMO PVA is still a good candidate... maybe try him on RB as well...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:44 am

PVA has to get gametime somewhere before he will impress me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down