Lord Awesome
Forza
LeBéninois
Gomez83
barca 2011
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street." Empty Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street."

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 am

From goal.com:

The Manchester City forward also claims that he will simply "go home" if subjected to racist behaviour while on the pitch for his country in this summer's Euro 2012

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has threatened to walk out of Euro 2012 should he be singled out for racist abuse and claims that he would "kill" someone if they threw a banana at him in the street.

The Italian has dealt with such abuse before in his career, with an incident in a Rome bar one case in which he admits that he almost lost control, but he has declared that, if it happened again, he would not be so tolerant.

Balotelli told France Football of the incident: "There were two or three boys, and it was lucky that the police arrived quickly because, I swear, I would have beaten them.

"I would have really destroyed them. I hope it will not happen again because if someone throws a banana at me in the street, I will go to jail, because I will kill them."

The Italy international has also had to cope with abuse while on the pitch, with Juventus fans targeting him in 2009, and he has already decided that he will leave Euro 2012 if he has to put up with it this summer.

He continued: "Let's see what happens at the Euros. I hope it will pass without a problem. I really couldn't deal with that.

"I will not accept it at all. If it should happen again, I will leave the pitch immediately and I will go back home.

"It's 2012 and it is unacceptable. Sometimes when you are strong as a player, people have to find other ways to make you angry.

"They think the only way to hurt you is to provoke you."
--------------------------------------------------------

Lol, this Euro is going to be something else. But although Balotelli is known for controversy, I can't say I'd disagree with him. I'm not sure what the circumstances were for him to say this but racism shouldn't be tolerated so I aint mad at him.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street." Empty Re: Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street."

Post by Gomez83 Wed May 30, 2012 1:42 am

What a thug, I'd throw a banana at him just so I could sue his ass.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street." Empty Re: Balotelli: "I'd kill someone if they racially abused me on the street."

Post by LeBéninois Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 am

Balotelli showing how smart he is by using hyperbole
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 30, 2012 1:59 am

Gomez83 wrote:What a thug, I'd throw a banana at him just so I could sue his ass.
you would already be dead before you could sue. :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed May 30, 2012 2:12 am

Gomez83 wrote:What a thug, I'd throw a banana at him just so I could sue his ass.

Deadman walking (typing). Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Wed May 30, 2012 2:14 am

Would be worth it, my family would be set for life.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 am

Good luck on that, no judge would find your favor if you got beat for being a racist...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 30, 2012 2:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Good luck on that, no judge would find your favor if you got beat for being a racist...
Actually, they probably would because killing someone is not a proportionate response to the racism. Your family would be distraught. Would you really trade your life for a pile of money, Gomez?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

The guy throwing darts at people is complaining about having something as pliable and fluffy as a banana thrown at him Laughing

Having your feelings hurt>>>>losing an eye
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed May 30, 2012 2:47 am

Balotelli :bow:

Why Poland and Ukarine of all places scratch
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed May 30, 2012 2:51 am

He's never been racially abused, while being a black Italian? I find that hard to believe.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 30, 2012 2:54 am

Lex wrote:The guy throwing darts at people is complaining about having something as pliable and fluffy as a banana thrown at him Laughing

It's charming that your personal feelings about Balotelli have seen the issue of racism go flying over your head. He's an idiot, however it doesn't make the issue of protecting people from racist abuse any less important.

Sushi Master wrote:He's never been racially abused, while being a black Italian? I find that hard to believe.

He's been abused at games before, Juventus have been fined for it before.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed May 30, 2012 3:54 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Lex wrote:The guy throwing darts at people is complaining about having something as pliable and fluffy as a banana thrown at him Laughing

It's charming that your personal feelings about Balotelli have seen the issue of racism go flying over your head. He's an idiot, however it doesn't make the issue of protecting people from racist abuse any less important.

Sushi Master wrote:He's never been racially abused, while being a black Italian? I find that hard to believe.

He's been abused at games before, Juventus have been fined for it before.

Lex hate for Mario = water is wet :coffee:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 am

The way he expressed himself was a bit extreme, but Balotelli's got a point.

Laughing Yeah, alright.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 am

It always depends on who gets showered by bananas, I guess ^^

(Look at Neuer's grin - you bet he was actually proud they threw the bananas at him Razz)

As for Balotelli - he was somewhat stupid to announce something like this (leaving the pitch because of that) - after all, now some fan of an opponent team might consider throwing a banana just for fun to take out an important player of the Italian team, even without any racist background :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed May 30, 2012 10:15 am

balotelli vs. joey barton...
go go go go go
who would win?
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 10:49 am

I genuinely hope he is using hyperbole. As awful as racism, killing someone is a lot worse (though probably not worse than murder fulled by racist intention).

Though I do think leaving the pitch is a sensible thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 am

Guys when someone says "I'm going to kill him" it doesn't mean he's actually going to end a human being's life.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 am

Maje10 wrote:Though I do think leaving the pitch is a sensible thing to do.
Not if he announces it like this beforehand, as it would very likely invite people to do it as a prank. :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 30, 2012 10:59 am

Zealous wrote:Guys when someone says "I'm going to kill him" it doesn't mean he's actually going to end a human being's life.

This LOL.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed May 30, 2012 11:51 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Zealous wrote:Guys when someone says "I'm going to kill him" it doesn't mean he's actually going to end a human being's life.

This LOL.

when it comes to balotelli....you never know.
he has done crazy shits lol
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Wed May 30, 2012 12:01 pm

especially if the person saying it is a well renowned troll.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

I heard John Terry is fearing for his life after hearing about this :coffee:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Balotelli :bow:

Why Poland and Ukarine of all places scratch

Out of all teams you choose Manchester city scratch
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 am

Usually it's just exaggeration, but when you add, seriously i will go to jail, because i will kill someone, it begs the question is he really exaggerating...anyways i wouldnt hold something against him if he beat the s*** outta someone for being racist.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next