RealGunner
ELO
Collblanc
justdoit_
McLewis
Swanhends
14 posters

Go down

Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off Empty Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Here is video of Jozy's thoughts, followed by an article summarizing the incident:

http://eredivisielive.nl/video/110455-altidore-dit-is-niet-van-deze-tijd.html

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- AZ Alkmaar and United States striker Jozy Altidore was targeted by racist chants during a Dutch cup quarterfinal against second-tier FC Den Bosch on Tuesday, his club said.

"It is terribly sad that this can happen for those involved and for lovers of football in the Netherlands,'' AZ's director of football, Earnie Stewart, a former U.S. midfielder, told Dutch television's Eredivisie Live at halftime.

"You hear that and wonder what on earth is going on,'' he said.

Stewart said Den Bosch officials "are ashamed'' of the fans involved. The club repeatedly urged its fans to halt the chants, to no avail.

According to AZ's official twitter feed, referee Reinold Wiedemeijer wanted to stop the match in the first half "because of jungle sounds chanted at Altidore'' but AZ players, including Altidore, who is black, persuaded him not to.

Wiedemeijer halted play briefly in the second half because of fans throwing balls of ice at his linesmen, according to the Dutch Eredivisie official Twitter feed and Dutch news website Nu.nl.

The racism came just weeks after Dutch football authorities called for more respect in the game after players attacked and fatally injured a linesman officiating after a match between two youth teams near Amsterdam in December.

Altidore scored one goal as AZ won 5-0 to beat Den Bosch, which finished with nine men after having two players sent off.

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off Empty Re: Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off

Post by McLewis Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:24 pm

He gave a great interview as well.

Top lad Jozy :bow:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off Empty Re: Altidore racially abused in Dutch Cup game, match called off

Post by justdoit_ Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Well done, Jozy. Hit up the couch and watch the show tonight.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 pm

http://eredivisielive.nl/video/110409-samenvatting-fc-den-bosch-az.html

When the ref wanted to stop the game Altidore wanted to play on. Match did NOT get called off.

Last edited by Collblanc on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Love how he stumped the woman interviewing him lool

She expected him to be furious and he's all like "Racism? I dont have time for that dumb shit"

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:45 pm

Yeah, great attidtude by him.
:bow:
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:41 pm

Fantastic attitude by Jozy.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm

Would have been good if wanted the game to end too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I personally prefer his reaction to KPB's, tbh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm

Retards. :facepalm: Would not have thought this possible here nowadays, but it figures they are from Brabant.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Seedorf coming in to defend the racists 5, 4, 3............
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:Seedorf coming in to defend the racists 5, 4, 3............

Whats this about?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Well it wasnt total truth, more in jest.

But he was really critical of KPB walking off the pitch and many times over the years he almost denies racism happens in Serie A. His head is firmly stuck in the sand on this issue for whatever reason.

Now its a case in his home country, I wouldnt be surprised if he had a opinion to make and I bet its one of the denial of racism.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Seedorf for some reason rarely if ever get racially abused as far as I followed him. Which is strange. That is also true for Davids as well. In Italy at least, the racist fans usually chant against their own black players or black Italians like Balo.

I remember one instance where Lazio fans monkey chanted Davids while he was playing with Juve. But that is the only instance I remember.

That being said, such occurrences are actually less frequent in Italy than Spain. But it is stupid of Seedorf to deny they exist. Even if he thinks that racism is not as prevalent as the media paints it to be (it is really not), the simple fact that there is some racism is a problem in itself.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well it wasnt total truth, more in jest.

But he was really critical of KPB walking off the pitch and many times over the years he almost denies racism happens in Serie A. His head is firmly stuck in the sand on this issue for whatever reason.

Now its a case in his home country, I wouldnt be surprised if he had a opinion to make and I bet its one of the denial of racism.

Oh right, wasn't aware of that tbh. If that is the case he's a bit of a moron tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:Seedorf for some reason rarely if ever get racially abused as far as I followed him. Which is strange. That is also true for Davids as well. In Italy at least, the racist fans usually chant against their own black players or black Italians like Balo.

I remember one instance where Lazio fans monkey chanted Davids while he was playing with Juve. But that is the only instance I remember.

That being said, such occurrences are actually less frequent in Italy than Spain. But it is stupid of Seedorf to deny they exist. Even if he thinks that racism is not as prevalent as the media paints it to be (it is really not), the simple fact that there is some racism is a problem in itself.

I have a theory.

The racists, really just dislike the players individually. Not because they are black, but they just dont like certain players. Which is normal, some fans boo Cristiano, others boo Adebayor and so on.

Some players are just disliked for whatever reason.

Now, if that player happens to be black...good way to show your dislike is give them racist abuse.

They would hate Balotelli even if he was white probably, but because he is black, instead of simply jeering him, they chant racist abuse at him.

Which might go on to explain why Davids and Seedorf never suffered it, because they are likeable players.

Now this isnt the case with everyone im sure, maybe just a select few.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Seedorf for some reason rarely if ever get racially abused as far as I followed him. Which is strange. That is also true for Davids as well. In Italy at least, the racist fans usually chant against their own black players or black Italians like Balo.

I have a theory.

The racists, really just dislike the players individually. Not because they are black, but they just dont like certain players. Which is normal, some fans boo Cristiano, others boo Adebayor and so on.

Some players are just disliked for whatever reason.

Now, if that player happens to be black...good way to show your dislike is give them racist abuse.

They would hate Balotelli even if he was white probably, but because he is black, instead of simply jeering him, they chant racist abuse at him.

Which might go on to explain why Davids and Seedorf never suffered it, because they are likeable players.

Now this isnt the case with everyone im sure, maybe just a select few.

Im definitely with you on this one, this is my theory as well

This doesn't apply to all of the people at the heart of racist abuse problem, but it definitely does for some of them in my opinion
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Great attitude by Altidore, shows that he's levels above the abusers.

Racism will prolly never cease to exist, but dealing with it with dignity should help to turn the public opinion against it even stronger.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

^yeah i agree. For these certain fans, it's most efficient to do what they think will rile up the player and make them upset if they dislike him, regardless of his color/ethnic background.

Didn't Seedorf say that it was wrong of KPB to walk off because it encourages more of this behavior from fans? I think that's what he said, and I don't think it really makes much sense, but I think he's trying to say that if you walk off, the bad fans have accomplished what they wanted and have earned satisfaction. It's easy for Seedorf to say that though tbh, if he hasn't really been abused like Boateng. He loves SerieA and Italy and it's understandable he doesn't want things like this to grab headlines and hurt Italian football's image.

Last edited by Be//ceCALI on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Jozy did the right thing and if more players behaved like him, i think there would be less racism in football. It's a victory for the asshole fans who do things like this if they see that the player is really affected by it, like KPB for example.

I've never been racially abused (to that extent at least) , and I don't mean to be insensitive, but i really agree with this quote: "nobody can you make you feel inferior without your consent."
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:Jozy did the right thing and if more players behaved like him, i think there would be less racism in football. It's a victory for the asshole fans who do things like this if they see that the player is really affected by it, like KPB for example.

I agree. I think that's why Seedorf and some other criticized KPB's reaction. It's like bullies in schools, they just turn it up if they see it works.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Jozy :bow:

American attitude :bow: Such professionals :bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down