How important are shirt numbers?

+3
Freeza
rwo power
S32TABLANCA
7 posters

Go down

Are shirt numbers important?

How important are shirt numbers? Vote_lcap30%How important are shirt numbers? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 6 ]
How important are shirt numbers? Vote_lcap60%How important are shirt numbers? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 12 ]
How important are shirt numbers? Vote_lcap5%How important are shirt numbers? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
How important are shirt numbers? Vote_lcap5%How important are shirt numbers? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 20

How important are shirt numbers? Empty How important are shirt numbers?

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Seeing the new shirt numbers for various European NTs, and some of the fuss made over them, made me wonder about how important these really are to many people. Its true they're nice and symbolic, and some of them carry huge amounts of history, responsibility even. Certain positions have traditional numbers, each player their preferred #. But then again, its the player who is remembered, the name not the number.

Also, back to NT shirt numbers. Is it important to have the same number on the back for club and country, or completely irrelevant? Should certain shirts be retired in honour of legendary players (this applies to clubs too)?

Discuss.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

How important are shirt numbers? Empty Re: How important are shirt numbers?

Post by rwo power Tue May 29, 2012 10:45 pm

Well, I need the shirt numbers to better recognize the players, especially from teams I don't know too well as the names are often less easy to read. As long as I have a list which number is which player, I'm fine. Other than that, the numbers don't really interest me.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 30, 2012 12:08 am

When i play myself, I feel a big importance in having the number 9 since i feel more confident when having "my lucky number" on the back. I think that is what the numbers mean for the players, they feel more confident when wearing a specific number, and thus they play better in it
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 30, 2012 12:09 am

The number just indicates the position of a player and should have no effect on their performance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 30, 2012 1:46 am

Idk if I'd agree with its the name that people remember, not the number. To a degree its true but some players are known for their numbers as well. Off the top, I always hear Messi referred to as "El Diez", just as a nickname and we always use R9 or CR7 when distinguishing Ronaldos. Or R10 as well and even though its not football, the number 23 is synonymous not just with Jordan but with Basketball period. So numbers are of some importance, at least to me.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed May 30, 2012 1:54 am

Well some of the numbers are just mythical so important. Players like lassana diara shouldn't wear n10 again , never
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed May 30, 2012 2:01 am

Bénin wrote:Well some of the numbers are just mythical so important. Players like lassana diara shouldn't wear n10 again , never
]
LOL, I agree there. Also for NTs, I think it shouldn't be as big a deal as clubs since players are always getting called up or dropped from the team, and form fluctuates as well. I think NT numbers are fine the way they are, in the sense that they are given to players reflecting on their form.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed May 30, 2012 2:21 am

very important. My confidence and concentration improve tremendously if i do remember that i'm wearing the classic #7 shirt. It's the best number for me and remind who i am
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down