Juveman17
juve_gigi
davidsNC
DeviAngel
10 posters

Go down

Juventus reveal transfer plans  Empty Juventus reveal transfer plans

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta has discussed the club’s transfer plans in a revealing interview with the Corriere dello Sport.

Having won the Scudetto this season, the Turin official is now working on building a team to challenge in the Champions League – despite fierce competition from wealthier clubs on the market.

“There are powerful owners in England, while the Germans depend on entrepreneurship and management,” the former Sampdoria man noted.

“Having lost our leadership from the 1990s, the only solution open to Italy is to focus on organisation and culture. The gap remains though, especially in revenue terms.

“We are looking to increase the size of our squad. That is a necessity because we’ll be facing the prospect of more games.

“For the same reason, boss Antonio Conte and his team are already working on what training methods to use to prevent injuries.

“We have to try and win the Champions League, our prestige obliges us to do that. Juve can’t only be content with taking part. But it depends on a lot of factors. Look at Chelsea, they seemed out and then they won it.

“We are looking for two or three excellent elements, without losing sight of the balance of a squad which has important technical and human qualities. We also have to balance the finances.”

The club’s top priority is a new striker and they’ve been linked with Arsenal’s Robin Van Persie, Luis Suarez of Liverpool and Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain.

“Van Persie is one of the best players in circulation,” he smiled. “It is possible that he, along with Suarez and Higuain, will be one of the top players we are after. They are interesting players.”

The Bianconeri have also been paired with Napoli’s Edinson Cavani and Mario Balotelli of Manchester City, but Marotta played down those reports.

“Cavani? You always have to consider the desire of the clubs which own players.

“We have never thought about Balotelli. He doesn’t fit the profile we are looking at, a profile which isn’t based solely on technical ability.”

Moving on to the club’s midfield targets, it is no secret that they hope to sign two teenagers – Manchester United’s Paul Pogba and Marco Verratti of Pescara.

“We respected the rules,” he explained when asked about the Frenchman. “Pogba, for his own reasons, didn’t intend to renew.

“We informed the club and we are now waiting for an answer. Talks are well advanced.

“Verratti? Juventus have a strong appeal again and not just with youngsters. The fact that the player wants to join us could help negotiations, but an auction has now kicked off and his price is high. We want to invest, but we have rules.”

Verratti, a surprise inclusion in Italy’s 32-man Euro 2012 squad, is being compared with Juve playmaker Andrea Pirlo.

“Pirlo, like Alex Del Piero, is hard to replicate,” Marotta commented. “I don’t see any players around with similar experience or value.

“Conte is a flexible Coach and we are looking for a versatile midfielder. Udinese’s Asamoah? He’s one of the names.

“Our defence? It is one of the hardest to break down in Europe, but we need to fully integrate it.”

Marotta was also questioned on the futures of Marco Borriello, on loan from Roma, and Sebastian Giovinco – the forward who is co-owned with Parma.

We took an opportunity in January with Borriello. We have a month to consider our options.

“We’ve always believed in Giovinco, but he had to confirm himself as an important player which he now is. He’s matured.

“We’ll now evaluate things with Parma to decide whether to recall him or choose another path.”

The director general also confirmed whispers that Coach Conte would soon put pen to paper on a new contract until June 2015.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Juventus reveal transfer plans  Empty Re: Juventus reveal transfer plans

Post by davidsNC Wed May 23, 2012 2:25 pm

I think Marotta enjoys these interviews
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed May 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Giovinco will be 100% Juventino very soon. Mark my words...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Marotta is smart Smile)
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Question guys where to Giovinco play? He surely wont take a starting lineup over marchisio pirlo or vidal. Isn't he a CAM?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by NavJuve Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm

juveman17 wrote:Question guys where to Giovinco play? He surely wont take a starting lineup over marchisio pirlo or vidal. Isn't he a CAM?

Personally, I think he can be our vice-pirlo.

Yes I know that seems radical, but I don't mean that in a conventional sense. Pirlo has Vidal and Marchisio to do the running and the majority of the defending for him right? So instead when Pirlo needs a break, we could turn this:

Pirlo
Vidal - Marchisio

into:

Vidal - Marchisio
Giovinco

The play style would be changed, granted, but Vidal and Marchisio would still do most of the defending and Giovinco would have the responsibility of creating goals, one which I think he can thrive under. Thoughts?
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventino89 Wed May 23, 2012 8:51 pm

NavJuve wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Question guys where to Giovinco play? He surely wont take a starting lineup over marchisio pirlo or vidal. Isn't he a CAM?

Personally, I think he can be our vice-pirlo.

Yes I know that seems radical, but I don't mean that in a conventional sense. Pirlo has Vidal and Marchisio to do the running and the majority of the defending for him right? So instead when Pirlo needs a break, we could turn

You're a genius !
My plan with gio

Top CF
Vucinic- Giovinco
Marchisoo-pirlo-vdal

Pirlo
Vidal - Marchisio

into:

Vidal - Marchisio
Giovinco

The play style would be changed, granted, but Vidal and Marchisio would still do most of the defending and Giovinco would have the responsibility of creating goals, one which I think he can thrive under. Thoughts?
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed May 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Giovinco scored 15 goals and 12 assists this term because he was used as a second if not even main striker. When he left Juve last year he was considered winger or even attacking midfielder. This was not his position and if you do not play Giovinco as either a prima punta (not realistic because he is a midget) or a secunda punta/trequatista he will not play anything like any of you expect. Giovinco is exactly the same kind of player as Vucinic and should be playing on the opposite side with a porcher in the middle - in a 4-3-3.... Maybe he could play the other striker in a 3-5-2 but I believe he would shine playing alongside Vucinic and someone like Hig.....
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 pm

No he isn't a CAM, he can play off the left or the right side, mainly as an SS

In a 3-5-2, Vucinic's spot (I don't see the two of them playing together)
In a 4-3-3 on either the left or the right

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu May 24, 2012 1:06 am

I agree with Luca. Giovinco is a SS. As I said in another thread, he may be a cheaper option than other SS.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 am

He definitely can give us some creativity . It seems like when he has played cam he gets muted
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu May 24, 2012 1:41 am

He's simply not a CAM and he shouldn't be utilized too deep into the midfield as a wing. He needs to be getting the ball on the attacking end of the field. He can't be relied on to win balls in the air or as a defensive threat in the midfield.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 24, 2012 1:42 am

That & the fact that a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-3 does not require a CAM
Regista + SS is enough, especially with how Vidal and Marchisio contribute to the attack, being such complete midfielders.

The problem is the burden is on Vucinic completely. He is a fantastic player but you can't rely on him every game

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 am

Juventude wrote:He's simply not a CAM and he shouldn't be utilized too deep into the midfield as a wing. He needs to be getting the ball on the attacking end of the field. He can't be relied on to win balls in the air or as a defensive threat in the midfield.

LOL what makes you not want to give him the responsibility of winning balls in the air scratch
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu May 24, 2012 1:58 am

stefanobada wrote:
Juventude wrote:He's simply not a CAM and he shouldn't be utilized too deep into the midfield as a wing. He needs to be getting the ball on the attacking end of the field. He can't be relied on to win balls in the air or as a defensive threat in the midfield.

LOL what makes you not want to give him the responsibility of winning balls in the air scratch

I swear that it has nothing to do with his towering stature. I'm sure he has great ups and can win balls over Chelsea's midfielders.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Thu May 24, 2012 2:11 am

Juventude wrote:
stefanobada wrote:

I swear that it has nothing to do with his towering stature. I'm sure he has great ups and can win balls over Chelsea's midfielders.

Hahahaha tell you what a 12yr old mikel or drogba is no match for giovinco

stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down