Torres

+50
Jonathan28
rsinatra
che
billy_gr
serieAkings
II Capitano
The Sanchez
MaraVilla
lszanto
Blue Barrett
Soul
Brady2Moss
RedOranje
StrugaRock
FalcaoPunch
iNFINITY9910
Lord Hades
Cotes
Adit
Doc
Gil
Harmonica
buddytaller
Gomez83
Valkyrja
gondov
Grande_Milano
the xcx
Milan31
fatman123
nasir6371
Kick
Ganso
Mr_Puyol
Guiltybystander
McLewis
S32TABLANCA
DeviAngel
Le Samourai
Eman
pUsHa
Onyx
Senor Penguin
LeBéninois
guest7
vivabarca38
VanDeezNuts
urbaNRoots
McAgger
vizkosity
54 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by vizkosity Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:10 am

fatman123 wrote:Torres - Page 4 246549_379953155396939_1806729079_n
irrelevant. It's his job, he's paid to do it. It has nothing to do with the fans.

vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1065
Join date : 2012-05-04

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 am

He played well....

Messed up the one chance....it's the first game of the group stages lol, it's not Torres time just yet.

^He's paid to play football, which he does very very well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:22 am

Some lazy journalism and a few deluded members, or so it seems.

Instead of what Torres didn't do, you should maybe look at what he did do. He offered intelligent movement and troubled the Italian defence. He offered good interplay, something neither Negredo nor Llorente can offer. His first chance was actually hard, the speed at which Buffon came out made the chance much more difficult than it seems, and it has nothing to do with Torres losing confidence and all that garbage. The second chance, just major lulz at those who thought it was another sitter.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:26 am

lszanto wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
lszanto wrote:Heh, this guy get so much hate. Spain were horrid for 75 minutes then he comes on and actually creates chances and runs? Oh what a terrible player!

Go bash RVP for his performance against Denmark, looked like he was blind and drunk.
RvP made his chances, and only spurned one very good opportunity. He deserves no more flaming than Torres, at the moment.

Yet Torres comes on for a team that has done nothing all game and brings the game to life by being an actual forward. So what if he missed a chance? It was more than most of his team had done all game.
Did I say Torres deserved the criticism he's getting? No. I said RvP deserves no more criticism than Torres at the moment, after attempted to use a straw man fallacy with RvP as the strawman. Hooray for reading comprehension!
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by serieAkings Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 am

Torres' first touch of the ball and it was 1 v 1 against one of the greatest goalkeepers in the game, nerve (and the fact that Buffon is GOAT) got the better of him. He caused more of a threat in the 15 minutes he was on there than Spain had done in the time he wasn't on there.

Dat Torres hate. :facepalm:
serieAkings
serieAkings
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 376
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by fatman123 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 am

II Capitano wrote:The second chance, just major lulz at those who thought it was another sitter.

exactly! he wasnt in the box and he had two defenders with him plus the GK coming out and people are calling it a sitter :facepalm: torres just made the wrong decision.
Even the first one wasnt easy, he was moving at full pace and to take the touch to the right was his only option and Buffon knew that so he rushed out and shut it down. That one came down much more to good keeping then it was poor striking.
Not only that but both chances were created by Torres; movement off the ball
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 am

fatman123 wrote:
II Capitano wrote:The second chance, just major lulz at those who thought it was another sitter.

exactly! he wasnt in the box and he had two defenders with him plus the GK coming out and people are calling it a sitter :facepalm: torres just made the wrong decision.
Even the first one wasnt easy, he was moving at full pace and to take the touch to the right was his only option and Buffon knew that so he rushed out and shut it down. That one came down much more to good keeping then it was poor striking.
Not only that but both chances were created by Torres; movement off the ball

Both chances were hard to take as it is, when you sit down and consider the factors, but insulting Torres and all that nonsense seems to be turning into a mandatory thing, it's becoming tedious as well when he starts playing well. I would actually like to see who criticising Torres score both chances, I bet they couldn't when you consider the circumstances. If Spain start with an out and out striker, in other words, Torres, then they will score a few goals, that was the missing piece against Italy, not to take anything away from the brilliant defending.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 am

he still seems to lack confidence. ruined a couple of good chances.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Adit Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

Now ruining two good chances is considered good in a tough international tournament Laughing

He was asked to lead line and score goals,Torres did the first one but was a disaster in the second.

Hard chances? are you kidding me?

He was all alone for the first chance but his first touch ruined the chance and buffon intercepted. Whose fault for a crap first touch ? TOrres.


Second chance hard? actually he shouldnt have tried hard. Why the fk he tried to lob over a Gk and 2 defenders in stead of passing it right next to Navas who was infront of open net because Buffon was out of position?

Those were probably best chance Espana had all day.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by che Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:14 am

II Capitano wrote:I would actually like to see who criticising Torres score both chances, I bet they couldn't when you consider the circumstances.

um, no shit...?

it's like people still don't get it... he's a striker, he's supposed to SCORE GOALS, obviously noone would criticise him if he actually, you know, did his job

sure spain played marginally less shit when he was on, because he's a striker, he actually has the direct mindset to make runs and not hang around the penalty box and pass the ball around
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:15 am

lol
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:16 am

che wrote:
II Capitano wrote:I would actually like to see who criticising Torres score both chances, I bet they couldn't when you consider the circumstances.

um, no shit...?

it's like people still don't get it... he's a striker, he's supposed to SCORE GOALS, obviously noone would criticise him if he actually, you know, did his job

sure spain played marginally less shit when he was on, because he's a striker, he actually has the direct mindset to make runs and not hang around the penalty box and pass the ball around

Screw me lol, you always find a way of making me laugh even when you don't mean it. You're just repeating what I've read over and over again, it's becoming tedious.

lol indeed.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by che Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 am

yea, "he's a striker so he should score" is such a ridiculous statement... what the hell is this world coming to when people actually expect players to do what's in their job description

:facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by rsinatra Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 am

He shouldn't be there imho. His goal against Barcelona and stuff wasn't enough for a call-up. He got called up because of his name.. and because that coach just has no personality. Isn't he who used to say that Fabregas and Xavi couldn't play together? As soon as Guardiola did it.....................
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland
Posts : 2201
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

che wrote:yea, "he's a striker so he should score" is such a ridiculous statement... what the hell is this world coming to when people actually expect players to do what's in their job description

:facepalm:

That's actually not the point of my original post. If you actually took the time in reading my post, instead of spouting your usual nonsense then you would understand the point I'm trying to make. All you're doing is reiterating the point. The first touch could have been better, but you did not consider the speed at which Buffon came out at, which is why you lack knowledge all round, you're just saying the same thing over-and-over again. The second chance he could have squared it to Jesus Navas, but obviously he wanted to score, the chance was very difficult, if you have ever played football. Overall, his movement and intelligence is what created these two chances, it's a positive sign for Spain. If you're just going to disregard what he brought to the field, and by that I'm not talking about the missed chances, then lol at you indeed.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by che Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 am

so *bleep* what if he provided movement if he didn't finish it, let me know the next time when "movement and intelligence" win someone a game mkay

and yes, i'm saying the same thing over and over again because you don't seem to understand it... here, i'll try in caps, see if it helps

FORWARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO SCORE GOALS, NOT CREATE CHANCES
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:35 am

che wrote:so *bleep* what if he provided movement if he didn't finish it, let me know the next time when "movement and intelligence" win someone a game mkay

and yes, i'm saying the same thing over and over again because you don't seem to understand it... here, i'll try in caps, see if it helps

FORWARDS ARE SUPPOSED TO SCORE GOALS, NOT CREATE CHANCES

Sums you up perfectly.

Had Spain started with Torres, they would have had a target man, a focal point in attack. His intelligence and movement was second to none yesterday, albeit with the help of some poor defending by Italy, but that was a result of Torres coming on. Actually, movement and intelligence does win you a game, thanks for showing me your clear lack of knowledge again. Italy's goal was all about Pirlo's intelligent passing and Di Natale's clever movement. Spain's goal was all about Silva's intelligent pass and Fabregas' good movement, so yeah it does help.

No you're saying the same thing over and over again because you don't understand what Torres can offer to this Spain squad. Llorente and Negredo, as many have already acknowledged, don't offer the same movement and interplay. Torres has a better understanding with the team than they do, so nice try again.

You're becoming boring now.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by che Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 am

II Capitano wrote:

Actually, movement and intelligence does win you a game, thanks for showing me your clear lack of knowledge again.

no, you see, scoring goals is what wins you a game... if movement was all it took, bayern would have had the champions league wrapped up 30 minutes into the final because of all the chances gomez created

they didn't, and why? because he couldn't FINISH them... again, movement isn't worth shit if you don't have any end product

my lack of knowledge :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by billy_gr Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 am

Not to mention he's a 50m euro branded forward.
He’s not Bendner ffs.

I agree with the movement comments and all but in the end you just have to hit the nets.

Torres from 4 years ago would have done so
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:52 am

che wrote:
II Capitano wrote:

Actually, movement and intelligence does win you a game, thanks for showing me your clear lack of knowledge again.

no, you see, scoring goals is what wins you a game... if movement was all it took, bayern would have had the champions league wrapped up 30 minutes into the final because of all the chances gomez created

they didn't, and why? because he couldn't FINISH them... again, movement isn't worth shit if you don't have any end product

my lack of knowledge :facepalm:

Once again, you're choosing to interpret this wrongly. Movement and intelligence creates those chances, it can win you games if you take those chances. The opposite of this is running with the ball and trying to dribble past the whole opposition. It's up to the player to make the right movement. Getting into an ideal position helps a lot and my initial point is, had Torres been present from the start, Spain would have carved out many more chances.

You have got good knowledge, to be honest, but the way you decide to express your points sometimes is a bit puerile for my liking. I like you, though. Here's some of my Muslim love for you <3 Now give me some back.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by che Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 am

sure, movement helps, but in the end if you can't finish your movement is worthless, which sums up torres exactly

and i only give my love to women :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 am

che wrote:sure, movement helps, but in the end if you can't finish your movement is worthless, which sums up torres exactly

and i only give my love to women :coffee:

We'll have to agree to disagree then, but I feel that credit should be given to Torres for getting into good positions. He improved Spain's play overall. I'm not even a Torres fan, but I appreciated his contribution yesterday, despite being an Italy supporter.

Ugh, screw you, bro.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 am

Why is Torres getting critizied? In the time he was on he exposed th Italian defense, they couldn't live with him. I don't want to hear anyone say those were easy chances, the fact Buffon didn't go down for the 1st chance put him off, it actually surprised because i was sure he would go down. 2nd chance he should have passed to Navas but people implying it was a tap in please, i'd like to see you score that.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by II Capitano Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:05 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Why is Torres getting critizied? In the time he was on he exposed th Italian defense, they couldn't live with him. I don't want to hear anyone say those were easy chances, the fact Buffon didn't go down for the 1st chance put him off, it actually surprised because i was sure he would go down. 2nd chance he should have passed to Navas but people implying it was a tap in please, i'd like to see you score that.

Exactly the point I made. This article is stupid, lazy journalism:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jun/11/euro-2012-fernando-torres

Scotland FTW!
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Jonathan28 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:29 am

That article is terrible, writer just jumping on the bash Torres bandwagon.
Yep, Scotland >>>>>> England

Come on France!
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1917
Join date : 2011-07-31
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Brady2Moss Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am

Jonathan28 wrote:Why is Torres getting critizied? In the time he was on he exposed th Italian defense, they couldn't live with him. I don't want to hear anyone say those were easy chances, the fact Buffon didn't go down for the 1st chance put him off, it actually surprised because i was sure he would go down. 2nd chance he should have passed to Navas but people implying it was a tap in please, i'd like to see you score that.

Why is Torres being criticized? umm, i dunno, maybe its got something to do with the fact is that he is a striker who can do all things but SCORE goals. Last time I checked, a striker's job was to score goals. So, what good is Torres if he can't even do that? Getting into goal scoring positions? Heck, even Heskey can do that.

Given the striking options in the Spain's squad, I do not blame Del Bosque one bit for playing without a striker.

Torres- useless
Llorente- useless
Negredo- waterboy





Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 557
Join date : 2012-04-04

Back to top Go down

Torres - Page 4 Empty Re: Torres

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum