You have just been appointed as the.....

+4
The Nature Boy
DeviAngel
Juventude
GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
8 posters

Go down

You have just been appointed as the..... Empty You have just been appointed as the.....

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm

right hand-man of Marotta, working under the tutelage of Fabio Paratici; how you work to solve Juventus' lack of RB,CM,CDM,LWST,SS,and CF depth? For the purpose of this, you must work within the usual (50m euro+ sales) budget which Juventus regularly adhere to and must be kept realistic (cannot have Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo in the squad).
----------Players Brought In-------------
Ivanovic-------------------Raul Meireles------------Jovetic
Ranocchia-----------------Ekdal (loan recall)--------Destro
Sorensen (loan recall)------Kucka-------------------Dzeko
Caceres-------------------Ananidze----------------Giaccherini

-------------Players Sold------------------
M Motta-----Padoin-----------Matri
-------------Marrone (loan)---Boriello
-------------S Pepe
-------------Krasic
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

You have just been appointed as the..... Empty Re: You have just been appointed as the.....

Post by Juventude Wed May 16, 2012 4:18 pm

RB is not a problem for Juve. Also, the central midfield also does not appear to be a problem with the number of young players available. You could argue that we need a regista to replace Pirlo, but I don't think that we have an overall problem at that position.

I think our problems are at LB (if we want to replace PDC), CF, and SS/Wingers (depending on what kind of attack we want). We might also sign a veteran CB for depth purposes.

If we are working within a 50 million budget, which is realistic, but others here will claim that we can miraculously come up with 75+ million euros by simply selling players. However, the transfer budget is never that simple and people need to remember how much we spent and went into debt the last few seasons just to get to this point.

With that said, if we are staying within 50 million, we should probably bring back Giovince at SS. Try to bring in a veteran like Berbatov or Drogba for cheap at CF. Sign Verratti and Pogba at CM. I'm not sure about LB. I'd like Criscito or Balzaretti. I'm sure we can find veteran CB like Nesta for depth. After that, I would try to bring back players like Pasquato, Immobile, and Sorensen if necessary. I think that could be done for less than 50 million. I would also probably just buy most of our options on players like Giacch, Boriello, and Esti. However, I would try to get the prices down on at least Esti and Boriello.

That's not a dream scenario, just a reasonable one.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

You have just been appointed as the..... Empty Re: You have just been appointed as the.....

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 4:27 pm

I respect your opinion, but players you mentioned are simply to young to be counted on for the CL and Serie A (bar-Appelt and Sorensen); Immobile is a striker which suits are system of play, but is simply to inexperienced, same with Pasquato. Juve aren't Udinese, we are in it to WIN IT! Destro>>>>>>>Boriello. Recall Immobile, Sorensen and Appelt imo

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 16, 2012 5:14 pm

I was just working within your budget confines. This is by no means my dream situation for Juve. My dream would be Cavani because we need a new hero for the club in attack.

I think we'll spend more than 50 million. However, to bring back Gio will cost over 10 million. A new LB will cost over 10 million. Drogba could be free or Berbatov would be somewhere over 10 million. I think the other 50% of Giacch will cost 3 million. Esti's price is 5 million. Boriello's option is 8 million. Also, Immobile cannot simply be recalled. We sold 50% of his rights to Genoa. We will have to buy them back and they may cost significantly more than what we received from Genoa. When you start adding those figures up, you approach 50 million very quickly. We might be able to reduce some of our options on players, but 50 million doesn't go as far it used to.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 16, 2012 5:17 pm

berbatov is the same player as ibra
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Ivanovic @ 10m euro, Ranocchia @ 12m euro, Sorensen @ 0m euro; Kucka @ 10m euro, Ekdal @ 0m euro, Meireles @ 7-10m euro; Jovetic @ 20m euro, and Destro @ 8-10m euro=68-70m euro. Take Fernando Torres on loan. Sell Pepe, Krasic, and Matri and that's easily within the 50m euro constraints

I truly believe that Boriello and Estigarribia will not be kept on permanently; Immobile is a Juventino and will surely want to return (offer Genoa 10m euro+ loan of Verratti and Fausto Rossi and they would probably take that offer for Kucka and Immobile)

50m euro + whatever cash is brought in by the scrubs that are sold; Vucinic is like Ibrahimovic, Berbatov is a pure CF

Last edited by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo on Wed May 16, 2012 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .........b/c)

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 pm

Ppl still wanna get rid of pepe?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 16, 2012 5:36 pm

I think that a lot of your estimates are low, especially with Jovetic, Ivanovic, Meirles, and Destro.

Also, why do you think that we need a RB? Licht is going to be our starting RB with Caceres as the first sub. That is just about guaranteed. If we really need anything on defense it's LB and depth.

I really don't think Pepe will be sold. Conte has found him to be useful and if you're worried about starting young players next season, you have to keep an effective player like Pepe on the bench. Krasic and Elia are the most likely sales. Matri could be loaned out, but I don't see his sale happening during this transfer window. I also feel quite certain that we are going to buy most of our options on players, or at least Giacch and Boriello. Those numbers have to be included in your transfers.

Also, you can't just add money to the budget by accounting for certain players' sales. Let's not forget that we paid good money for Elia and Krasic in the last two years. We are likely to take a loss on those players. That isn't money that just keeps going back into the budget. We have obligations to pay on past transfers.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed May 16, 2012 6:43 pm

If i wanted a ST that cant score, id just keep matri, so forget about berbatov.

1. Buy Douglas Costa, or Krasic + Cash for Nani
Bring back Giovinco

2. Buy Cavani

3. Buy Ogbonna (said he wont come, but talk is cheap), astori, and Isla or assou-ekotto.

4. Buy Moussa Sissoko or Buy Essien (if they were willing to come, i assume theyd both cost in the 20 mil range)

5. Buy Gotze

6. and lastly id definetly try for Balotelli. i personally believe he's just young and coddled and with the right attitude change (dont know if itll happen), conte, and Nedved influence, i think he can shape up.

Sell: Krasic, Matri, Motta, Melo, Elia, padoin, and let borriello and
estigarribia go.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by NavJuve Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:If i wanted a ST that cant score, id just keep matri, so forget about berbatov.

1. Buy Douglas Costa, or Krasic + Cash for Nani
Bring back Giovinco

2. Buy Cavani

3. Buy Ogbonna (said he wont come, but talk is cheap), astori, and Isla or assou-ekotto.

4. Buy Moussa Sissoko or Buy Essien (if they were willing to come, i assume theyd both cost in the 20 mil range)

5. Buy Gotze

6. and lastly id definetly try for Balotelli. i personally believe he's just young and coddled and with the right attitude change (dont know if itll happen), conte, and Nedved influence, i think he can shape up.

Sell: Krasic, Matri, Motta, Melo, Elia, padoin, and let borriello and
estigarribia go.

So Juventus should buy Nani, Cavani, Ogbanna, Astori, Isla, Essien, Gotze and Balotelli... scratch

How about we just buy every player from every team, so the other teams have no players to play with and we're certain to win CL?
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed May 16, 2012 7:32 pm

tighten up, buddy. I dont know whats so confusing.

i dont find any of these farfetched. nor did i start naming a bunch of star players.

We have been linked with all of these players in the past year, rumor or not. As fans we have no concrete info, no matter how confidently someone states their opinion, as to player valuation by clubs, how highly the rate him, or what that player wants to do.

yes, This is what i would do

Douglas Costa and Moussa arent untouchable, nor are their clubs asking for inordinate sums of money for them and they fill needs.

Nani is admired all over europe, and especially by italian clubs and considering krasic wanting to move and the epl being the most likely destination, i think it be a good swap.

We need a top class striker Cavani is a no brainer

Isla, astori, and ogbonna should be below 15 mil

Essien and gotze both seem to want to stay but havent come out themselves and said they wouldnt move.

And Balotelli is discounted this year for sure.

Can we get ALL of them, probably not, but these are the ones id go after.

Once we sell off dead weight, the combination of salary dump, transfer fees, and that korean sponsorship should be sufficient.
Of course, if torino ask for 20 mil E for Ogbonna, and Toulouse want 30 mil of course, we have a problem, but i doubt that would be the case

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Juventude wrote:I think that a lot of your estimates are low, especially with Jovetic, Ivanovic, Meirles, and Destro.

Also, why do you think that we need a RB? Licht is going to be our starting RB with Caceres as the first sub. That is just about guaranteed. If we really need anything on defense it's LB and depth.

I really don't think Pepe will be sold. Conte has found him to be useful and if you're worried about starting young players next season, you have to keep an effective player like Pepe on the bench. Krasic and Elia are the most likely sales. Matri could be loaned out, but I don't see his sale happening during this transfer window. I also feel quite certain that we are going to buy most of our options on players, or at least Giacch and Boriello. Those numbers have to be included in your transfers.

I think most of the estimates seem pretty reasonable tbh; Caceres can play RB, but usually plays as a CB/LB for Uruguay+Lichtsteiner needs rest sometimes. I don't understand this love-affair-type of props re Pepe, he's simply a mediocre player who makes up for his lack of any skill whatsoever by trying hard, that's it. Matri on loan?? :vagi:, doubt it, as he cost Juve 18m euro....probs be sold for Destro. Estigarribia and Boriello???......neither of which will stay, Giaccherini and Caceres will be kept, not those 2 dustbags

Last edited by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo on Wed May 16, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : idk)

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Conte has expressed his satisfaction with Boriello. I am guessing that he'll stay. Conte has found a lot of use for Esti as a reserve and I think that Juve will keep him as a depth player for five million rather than risk signing another player that Conte can't use, like Elia.

I still don't get why you think that we need a RB and not a LB. Licht does need rest, but you can't have two RBs like Ivanovic and Licht on the same team.

With Matri, I just don't see Juve signing a top CF until late into the summer (remember there are Olympics and Euros this summer) and it may be too late to get a decent price for Matri. Therefore, I see Juve either sending him out on loan or using him in exchange for a player (using him for Giovinco would be my first choice).

I don't have a lot of love for Pepe, but he started a lot under Conte's system and he injects life into the game when used as a sub because of his work rate. I think that if you have a concern with having too many young players as subs, then why do you sell a proven experienced player under Conte?

People are calling for too many purchases. The starting 11 is going to remain about the same for about 8 of 11 positions, if not more. Juve isn't going to introduce four or five new starters into the lineup and break up the chemistry. They will add a few quality starters and depth

As I've said a bunch of times, give me a class CF, solid SS, vice for Pirlo, and potentially a LB or a versatile defender for depth. Then if we can pull off moves like Pogba and returning some of our co-ownerships or loan players, we'll have a solid team for next season.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 pm

[quote="People are calling for too many purchases. The starting 11 is going to remain about the same for about 8 of 11 positions, if not more. Juve isn't going to introduce four or five new starters into the lineup and break up the chemistry. They will add a few quality starters and depth

As I've said a bunch of times, give me a class CF, solid SS, vice for Pirlo, and potentially a LB or a versatile defender for depth. Then if we can pull off moves like Pogba and returning some of our co-ownerships or loan players, we'll have a solid team for next season. [/quote]

Ivanovic can play CB, move Caceres to LB; RB; Lichsteiner-Ivanovic CB; Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci-Sorensen LB; De Ceglie-Caceres. I'm not saying Juve need many signings, 5 at most. Kucka and Meireles for Pirlo and Marchisio-vice. Jovetic to replace Del Piero and Destro to replace Matri+ a top CF, that's 6 players

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Sorry guys why are you trying to buy so many players?

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:right hand-man of Marotta, working under the tutelage of Fabio Paratici; how you work to solve Juventus' lack of RB,CM,CDM,LWST,SS,and CF depth? For the purpose of this, you must work within the usual (50m euro+ sales) budget which Juventus regularly adhere to and must be kept realistic (cannot have Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo in the squad).
Ivanovic-------------------Raul Meireles(maybe for reserves only)------------Jovetic
Ranocchia :facepalm: -----------------Ekdal (loan recall)--------Destro

-------------S Pepe
-------------Krasic
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

way to many purchases. We need a top CF and bring back OUR YOUTH(Immobile, Pasquato) not other teams youth then our offense will be sorted out. Our MID is perfect we only need depth such as Verrati, and some average players to use for rotation. For DEF, we need Sorensen as he is young and provides depth. Also, we need someone who can start over De Ceglie such as Kolarov. For RB, we have Litch and Caceres so if we get a backup CB than that position shouldent be a problem.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 pm

juveman17 wrote:Sorry guys why are you trying to buy so many players?

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:right hand-man of Marotta, working under the tutelage of Fabio Paratici; how you work to solve Juventus' lack of RB,CM,CDM,LWST,SS,and CF depth? For the purpose of this, you must work within the usual (50m euro+ sales) budget which Juventus regularly adhere to and must be kept realistic (cannot have Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo in the squad).
Ivanovic-------------------Raul Meireles(maybe for reserves only)------------Jovetic

-------------S Pepe
-------------Krasic

way to many purchases. We need a top CF and bring back OUR YOUTH(Immobile, Pasquato) not other teams youth then our offense will be sorted out. Our MID is perfect we only need depth such as Verrati, and some average players to use for rotation. For DEF, we need Sorensen as he is young and provides depth. Also, we need someone who can start over De Ceglie such as Kolarov. For RB, we have Litch and Caceres so if we get a backup CB than that position shouldent be a problem.

Yes, I'm sure Pogba and Appelt will do brilliantly v players like Ozil, Messi, Robben, David Silva, etc. Sorensen (for depth), Ivanovic (RB) and the defense is set. Kucka and Meireles (depth for Vidal n Marchisio) and midfield is set. Jovetic to replace ADP and a top CF (Dzeko) + Destro if Matri leaves

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 16, 2012 8:30 pm

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Sorry guys why are you trying to buy so many players?

-------------S Pepe
-------------Krasic

Yes, I'm sure Pogba and Appelt will do brilliantly v players like Ozil, Messi, Robben, David Silva, etc. Sorensen (for depth), Ivanovic (RB) and the defense is set. Kucka and Meireles (depth for Vidal n Marchisio) and midfield is set. Jovetic to replace ADP and a top CF (Dzeko) + Destro if Matri leaves

Jovetic better not get the Number 10. I'm in favour of letting the number out of circulation for at least a year. We haven't come close to finding the heir.

Last edited by juveman17 on Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 16, 2012 8:31 pm

Berbatov can't score ?? lol he is killer in front of goal he is not used because Rooney is used as ST he is beast
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed May 16, 2012 8:37 pm

It's unrealistic to compare Appelt and Pogba, who may be our third or fourth choice reserves, to the best players in all of football. Juve has been rotating a lot of players in the CM, including Padoin and Giacch. I agree that we need a vice for Pirlo, but comparing Messi vs. Pogba is ridiculous. You may as well compare Arsenal's fourth choice defender vs. Pirlo.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Juventude wrote:It's unrealistic to compare Appelt and Pogba, who may be our third or fourth choice reserves, to the best players in all of football. Juve has been rotating a lot of players in the CM, including Padoin and Giacch. I agree that we need a vice for Pirlo, but comparing Messi vs. Pogba is ridiculous. You may as well compare Arsenal's fourth choice defender vs. Pirlo.

:lol!:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed May 16, 2012 11:53 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Berbatov can't score ?? lol he is killer in front of goal he is not used because Rooney is used as ST he is beast

he's had 3 very good seasons, 2 decent ones and he's 31 or 32. Not the kind of signing im looking for going into next season up front.

For that, i keep matri.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu May 17, 2012 7:09 am

hes cheap. Hes deadly and last season was the higest scorer in the EPL.
He is LETHAL when given half a chance

Hes NOT the future of Juve but Him and Droga are the cheapest options for top-tier strikers at the moment.
We can easily get 2 good years out of them without having to spend much
more than 10m on Bervatov

Berbatov for 10 is a 100000x times better than spending 8m on Boriello, or the 5m we spend on Padoin.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Thu May 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Lynx100 wrote:hes cheap. Hes deadly and last season was the higest scorer in the EPL.
He is LETHAL when given half a chance

Hes NOT the future of Juve but Him and Droga are the cheapest options for top-tier strikers at the moment.
We can easily get 2 good years out of them without having to spend much
more than 10m on Bervatov

Berbatov for 10 is a 100000x times better than spending 8m on Boriello, or the 5m we spend on Padoin.

I dont know. will half to agree to disagree as far as the word 'lethal', he didnt have the best opporunity at ManU, i agree, and for 10 mil he is way better than boriello. but im just not convinced. id prefer drogba for free.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down