Juventude
Charrua
Luca
DeviAngel
Cotes
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread... Empty Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread...

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 12:19 am

This dude is one of the best left wing backs in Europe right now & after watching the Lecce match...who ever thinks different is blind...
Caceres is a great player but not a back up or replacement for De Ceglie...he coming off injured today also injured our chances today...
Caceres was able to control only one of Pirlo passes & that was as he entered the pitch...
I hope Paolo is OK...wanna see him back on the pitch very soon...
If he can't play...Estigarriba should get a chance...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread... Empty Re: Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread...

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 am

PDC is beast this 2 part of the season he brings so much good width and he is great in offense he is beast
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread... Empty Re: Paolo De Ceglie Appreciation Thread...

Post by Luca Thu May 03, 2012 12:37 am

Sorry, I'm not buying it and the argument you're presenting is pretty weak to be honest

PDC is the best because Caceres was average on the left? When this is his first appearance for Juventus playing that side, and he didn't even do as bad as you're saying?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 am

Luca wrote:Sorry, I'm not buying it and the argument you're presenting is pretty weak to be honest

PDC is the best because Caceres was average on the left? When this is his first appearance for Juventus playing that side, and he didn't even do as bad as you're saying?

Ok...tell me which LB in Serie A is better than him...
Caceres had a really awful time on the left...Pirlo played about 8 passes to him in which he only manage to catch one...
Even when Cuadrado got red card...he still struggled on the left side
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 03, 2012 12:52 am

Cotes wrote:
Luca wrote:Sorry, I'm not buying it and the argument you're presenting is pretty weak to be honest

Caceres had a really awful time on the left...Pirlo played about 8 passes to him in which he only manage to catch one...

Why don't you tell me which LB he is better than? :coffee:
He only played about 10 great games at LB, how does that make him the best? And now he went off injured, a common occurrence in his short lived career which causes doubt each and every single time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 am

Luca wrote:
Cotes wrote:

Why don't you tell me which LB he is better than? :coffee:
He only played about 10 great games at LB, how does that make him the best? And now he went off injured, a common occurrence in his short lived career which causes doubt each and every single time

Did I not just write the best LB in Serie A?
meaning he's better than all... smoking
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 am

I'm not into that debate, I like PDC but I don't rate him as highly as you do, which is fine in all honesty.

He was missed tonight but this is exactly why I don't rate him that highly, each time you really do need him he has a habit of picking up an injury (very unfortunate for him and his career). It's been season after season of the same issue for him, so it's difficult for him to cement his spot or for a club to depend on him.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Thu May 03, 2012 2:08 am

Was caceres that bad tonight?
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu May 03, 2012 2:11 am

Charrua wrote:Was caceres that bad tonight?

No, not by any means.
He miss controlled 1-2 balls from Pirlo, another was over-hit by Pirlo that I remember.

Defensively, he was great and he was thrown in due to injury onto the left side, a position that he had never played for Juventus to this day.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Charrua Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 am

Pheww :p I saw goal.com give him a afive, of course goal.never actually is accurate at all :p
Charrua
Charrua
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 am

Let's stop being ridiculous. PDC is above average at best. I would argue that he is the weakest link of our starting 11. He has improved, but he is nowhere near the best in Europe or Serie A. This is the same mindset that had many of us thinking the Scudetto was already won.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 am

i just had to log on to comment on Cotes argument. Dude, please man. Paolo De Ceglie is NOT the best LB on Serie A or one of the best in Europe. While its true that PDC has grown to be a good player, i STILL believe we need a left-back urgently.

PDC is good going forward but still gives me that nervous feeling when he's defending.

Would i keep him in my Juventus? Hell yeah.....as to what he is....a good BACK-UP. (2nd team)

Luca +1
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 3:30 am

Juventude wrote:Let's stop being ridiculous. PDC is above average at best. I would argue that he is the weakest link of our starting 11. He has improved, but he is nowhere near the best in Europe or Serie A. This is the same mindset that had many of us thinking the Scudetto was already won.

then could you please enlighten us as to which left backs are better than him...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu May 03, 2012 3:47 am

Your mind is already made up, so I don't know why I even bother arguing with you since you already believe that he is one of the top LBs in all of Europe. To be honest, there really aren't many good true LBs in Serie A at all this season and PDC just doesn't stick out from that group of average LBs playing for any of the top teams. He has gotten better this season and shows promise in playing as a LWB and can move the ball forward and cross, but he's not a great defender is and far from being a complete player or one of the best in Europe.

He is easily the weakest player in our best starting 11.

And with Caceres, he is not a LB. He is mostly a CB and RB. So, it's unfair to pick on him for his mistakes.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Thu May 03, 2012 4:12 am

@Cotes

Luca Antonini (when healthy) is much better than De Ceglie at LB. He's defensively sound, whereas PDC is shaky in his own third.

And no, Caceres moving to LB -- a position that he NEVER plays -- did not affect the result today, whatsoever. He actually did a decent job, considering the cirumstances.

Now let's be realistic, Buffon's error and our sub-par finishing are what cost us the three points.

SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 4:19 am

Juventude wrote:Your mind is already made up, so I don't know why I even bother arguing with you since you already believe that he is one of the top LBs in all of Europe. To be honest, there really aren't many good true LBs in Serie A at all this season and PDC just doesn't stick out from that group of average LBs playing for any of the top teams. He has gotten better this season and shows promise in playing as a LWB and can move the ball forward and cross, but he's not a great defender is and far from being a complete player or one of the best in Europe.

He is easily the weakest player in our best starting 11.

And with Caceres, he is not a LB. He is mostly a CB and RB. So, it's unfair to pick on him for his mistakes.

I ain't picking at our samurai warrior...I love that dude but for alot of people here who been saying he should start at left back over de ceglie, I'm highlighting how much De Ceglie was missed today & that Caceres can not replace him, this is an appreciation thread hence me showing my appreciation...

I honestly feel right now...De Ceglie is being view the way Bonucci was being viewed a couple months back...
The weak link in the team, the one who never gets credit for the good but the bad is always highlighted...
I bet no one remembered vs Inter when we got 1-0 up...there was a Milito break away from a long ball & when every other defender was beaten...De Ceglie was the one who saved the day?
No one remembers vs Roma that he made an assist for the first goal because all I hear is Vucinic was man of the match because he was behind all 4 goals?
No one else notices him tearing up the left flank in all most every match?
Well if no one don't, I do

I'm just glad that no one can name a LB in Serie A who is better than him which proves my point...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 4:22 am

SuperClaudio wrote:@Cotes

Luca Antonini (when healthy) is much better than De Ceglie at LB. He's defensively sound, whereas PDC is shaky in his own third.

And no, Caceres moving to LB -- a position that he NEVER plays -- did not affect the result today, whatsoever. He actually did a decent job, considering the cirumstances.

Now let's be realistic, Buffon's error and our sub-par finishing are what cost us the three points.

Not Antonini of late...
it did affect the result...there wasn't enough balls being played in from the left side...
I AM NOT BLAMING CACERES NOR BUFFON FOR TODAY'S REULT...I am merely showing my appreciation for a player I think deserves it...
he was missed today on the field & it was evident

Last edited by Cotes on Thu May 03, 2012 4:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 am

Cotes wrote:I ain't picking at our samurai warrior...I love that dude but for alot of people here who been saying he should start at left back over de ceglie,

Unfortunately, those people don't have a clue considering Caceres doesn't play LB and that's not his natural position. They need to stop playing so much FIFA.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 am

Cotes wrote:Not Antonini of late...

I haven't seen him as as of late, but he is better defensively, although he does have more experience.

Someone already mentioned that there aren't that many decent LBs in Serie A at the moment, so being the 'best' LB in the league at this point in time isn't saying much, regardless of who we're talking about.

it did affect the result...there wasn't enough balls being played in from the left side...

That aside, we still wasted too many clear-cut chances.

I AM NOT BLAMING CACERES NOR BUFFON FOR TODAY'S REULT...I am merely showing my appreciation for a player I think deserves it...

Okay, but I think you're over-rating De Ceglie a bit.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 am

SuperClaudio wrote:
Cotes wrote:I ain't picking at our samurai warrior...I love that dude but for alot of people here who been saying he should start at left back over de ceglie,

Unfortunately, those people don't have a clue considering Caceres doesn't play LB and that's not his natural position. They need to stop playing so much FIFA.

He Superclaudio...Welcome to Forum...
I think your new...If not...my bad

I rate Caceres highly...one of the best buys on January...so please don't get me wrong but if you place Pirlo in the goal over Storari...Storari would be missed because it is not Pirlo's natural role plus not to mention the fact Pirlo would probably get raped in there XD
but in all seriousness....De Ceglie is a great LB & that's the reason I read that Prandelli is considering taking him to Euro 2012
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 am

SuperClaudio wrote:
Cotes wrote:Not Antonini of late...

I haven't seen him as as of late, but he is better defensively, although he does have more experience.

Someone already mentioned that there aren't that many decent LBs in Serie A at the moment, so being the 'best' LB in the league at this point in time isn't saying much, regardless of who we're talking about.

That aside, we still wasted too many clear-cut chances.

Okay, but I think you're over-rating De Ceglie a bit.

LoL...of course we did...but what's new about that?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Thu May 03, 2012 4:45 am

Yes, I am new. And thanks. Smile

Also, I rate Caceres rather highly as well. But as I said before -- and in agreement with you -- people shouldn't expect Caceres to be a better LB than PDC. It's just not going to happen, but he did do a pretty good job as an emergency cover today.

Cotes wrote:LoL...of course we did...but what's new about that?

Nothing, which is unfortunate. Sad
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by fb123 Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 am

Armero is way better

fb123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Not the best Italian LB tho :coffee:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/papiss-cisse-newcastle-v-chelsea/

p.s its about who creates the goal not who scores it :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu May 03, 2012 1:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not the best Italian LB tho :coffee:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/papiss-cisse-newcastle-v-chelsea/

p.s its about who creates the goal not who scores it :coffee:

Mole, how about we give you Motta, Padoin and Giaccherini in return of you giving us Santon? Very Happy
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next