Barcelona will have 100m to sign players.

+35
Ganso
Dnmac4
alexjanosik
Senor Penguin
rwo power
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forza
guest7
S32TABLANCA
halamadrid2
Yeezus
Yuri Yukuv
VivaStPauli
Khaled
urbaNRoots
BarrileteCosmico
barca 2011
che
Lex
VanDeezNuts
kiranr
Grande_Milano
Be/\/ceCALI
Bellabong
The Messiah
Mr Nick09
Sushi Master
nasir6371
Lord Awesome
Le Samourai
TalkingReckless
Swanhends
Rebaño Sagrado
Albiceleste
39 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Barcelona will have 100m to sign players.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona will have 100m to sign players.

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 pm

While Sport is crap paper the targets make sense ( alba aside) and they wont get Silva......

Llorente tho would be perfect for them imo and he would'nt flop like Ibra did.

What i said on Llorente and RVP in the transfer rumour thread and how i feel whether they can work or not.....

Disagree with that, he has proven at Bilbao he can excel in a passing/pressing game and not slow down the build up at all....

Llorente would be an excellent signing IMO, imagine if Llorente played where Sanchez was playing against Chelsea.

They would have struggled to prevent Barca from knocking thier bus down ALOT more..... also he's not the ego-maniac Ibra is and will fall in line to support the team and not kick up a fuss like Ibra did.

He's also more physical than Ibra and a bigger menace in the air and lighter on his feet IMO.

I do question if Bilbao would let him go tho.

RVP would'nt work at all lol, he takes up similar positions and moves in similar ways to Messi.

And he cant play outwide because he will have to press, make runs in behind and be quick.....

He will/cant do any of those things..... RVP makes no sense at all to me.

Llorente does make sense tho for the reason's i explained plus the added bonus he can provide a Plan B.

I know people said the same with Ibra, but Ibra despite his size is'nt that great in the air and is'nt that physical where as Llorente is.

Added to all the things i already mentioned.

What i think they should go for if the money available have is true?

Javi Martinez, Felipe Luis( Alaba is impossible) and Llorente.

Highly doubt Bilbao will allow this tho.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barcelona will have 100m to sign players.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona will have 100m to sign players.

Post by Zealous Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Signing a player Bayern wants to keep.

:vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:How can a club in around HALF A BILLION $ of debt, have 100m to sign players?

That is because we have a tree at an undisclosed location that grows money for us. That is why we were able to offer Guardiola a blank cheque to stay and also offer him unlimited spending power in the summer.

Awesome, isn't it?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Does that tree have the word "BANK" on it in big letters? And does that tree expect that money back at some point?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Seriously, does anyone know the answer? because even if they can service their debt, they surely cannot repay any of it whilst they spend such huge amounts on (unnecessary) transfers!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:How can a club in around HALF A BILLION $ of debt, have 100m to sign players?

Because they're making profits way in excess of the interest they pay for those debts? So as long as they keep on qualifying for the UCL and La Liga has a ridiculously unfair way to distribute TV money they could be a whole billlion in debt if they wanted to, their income covers the interest.

I wouldn't run a club like that, but it seems to work well with the local mentality, looking at the Spanish government Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Because they're making profits way in excess of the interest they pay for those debts? So as long as they keep on qualifying for the UCL and La Liga has a ridiculously unfair way to distribute TV money they could be a whole billlion in debt if they wanted to, their income covers the interest.

I wouldn't run a club like that, but it seems to work well with the local mentality, looking at the Spanish government Razz
20% of Barca's players soon to be unemployed (AKA bought by A.S. Roma)
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Seriously, does anyone know the answer? because even if they can service their debt, they surely cannot repay any of it whilst they spend such huge amounts on (unnecessary) transfers!

They have a high revenue. With money coming in every year they can cover debts and Banks will be patient because they'll eventually get their money. The richer you are the more freedom you are given by banks (I should know)

Barca's immediate threat will probably be their yearly interests.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 02, 2012 8:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Thats usually what people with mortgages do, eventually you still have to pay it back, and if the expenses increases by time(and the revenue/profit stays the same or goes down) they sure hell will find it hard to pay off the debt even if they keep covering the interest rates(which fluctuates depending on the economy anyways)

Who ever runs their finances :facepalm:

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed May 02, 2012 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

Anyway it's down right shameful that Barca should have money concerns in a period where they were on top for 3+ years.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 02, 2012 8:40 pm

I think barca has everything they need in la Masia, and i find it shameful that they would want to sign players for big money.

RB: Montoya
LB: that kid Josh likes
CM: Thiago, wilshere 2.0, wilshere 3.0, wilshere 4.0
AM: Rafinha
WF: Delofeu
SS: Dongou

Cantera chichos, no Cartera!!!
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 pm

You are all a bunch of noobs when it comes to financial analysis.

I am just going to say that much and you can try to find out why i said so.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Are they really concerns though? We don't know at what rates they borrowed their money but I'm pretty sure they didn't exactly get shitty terms. The interest probably coasts neatly along the line of inflation, I'd reckon, so it really doesn't cost them much. When you borrow sums this large, and are a trusted institution, you get very good rates.

I personally would pay off the debt, but just paying the interest, and making small payments here and there, does work. I just think it doesn't feel right, but that doesn't mean that it ain't workin'.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:42 pm

In conclusion: debt really only is a concern if you can't pay it back, and Barca can.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed May 02, 2012 8:46 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:In conclusion: debt really only is a concern if you can't pay it back, and Barca can.

Nah, the debt coverage is actually low. But the interest coverage is actually good. So you get half a point.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Zealous wrote:Anyway it's down right shameful that Barca should have money concerns in a period where they were on top for 3+ years.

actually financially speaking finishing second is much better since prize money is usually lower than a club like barcelona would have to pay in bonuses

also i'm fully on board with barcelona buying llorente since bilbao would have to buy aduriz banana

it's depressing how our entire transfer season depends on them...

Last edited by che on Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm

kiranr wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:In conclusion: debt really only is a concern if you can't pay it back, and Barca can.

Nah, the debt coverage is actually low. But the interest coverage is actually good. So you get half a point.

How lovingly condecending you are, even though I already totally mentioned that. :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm

che wrote:
Zealous wrote:Anyway it's down right shameful that Barca should have money concerns in a period where they were on top for 3+ years.

actually financially speaking finishing second is much better since prize money is usually lower than a club like barcelona would have to pay in bonuses

Lol I never thought of that - but don't many sponsors give bonus payouts to the clubs if they win titles as well? Moneyception!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed May 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Alaba is not going anywhere Anytime soon
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Where can you find FC Barcelona financial statements?

All I can find is this

SETTLEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2009/10 SEASON

Trading income: 415.4 million euros
Operating costs: 486.9 million euros
Ebitda (Earnings before tax and depreciations): -82.6 million euros
Operating profit or loss: +22.4 million euros
Income / financial expenses: -71.5 million euros
Net profit or loss: -11.1 million euros
Cash flow: -79.6 million euros

BUDGET 2010/11 SEASON

Trading income: 420.2 million euros
Operating costs: 428.1 million euros
Operating profit or loss: -7.9 million euros
Financial and extraordinary profit or loss: -13.5 million euros
Before tax net profit or loss: -21.4 million euros
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Lol I never thought of that - but don't many sponsors give bonus payouts to the clubs if they win titles as well? Moneyception!

no reason to do that as long as the sponsor gets exposure... maybe they get extra money for reaching different cl knockout rounds but if i was working out a sponsorship deal i sure as hell wouldn't make a difference between winning and running-up
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Where can you find FC Barcelona financial statements?

All I can find is this

SETTLEMENT OF ACCOUNTS 2009/10 SEASON

Trading income: 415.4 million euros
Operating costs: 486.9 million euros
Ebitda (Earnings before tax and depreciations): -82.6 million euros
Operating profit or loss: +22.4 million euros
Income / financial expenses: -71.5 million euros
Net profit or loss: -11.1 million euros
Cash flow: -79.6 million euros

BUDGET 2010/11 SEASON

Trading income: 420.2 million euros
Operating costs: 428.1 million euros
Operating profit or loss: -7.9 million euros
Financial and extraordinary profit or loss: -13.5 million euros
Before tax net profit or loss: -21.4 million euros

See, this looks bad. Income below the operating costs, and that's not including financial loss.

But, bright side: 10/11 already better than 09/10, so they'll probably be fine.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed May 02, 2012 9:10 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

See, this looks bad. Income below the operating costs, and that's not including financial loss.

But, bright side: 10/11 already better than 09/10, so they'll probably be fine.

According to Swiss Ramble they also have negative equity.

Barcelona has long gotten away with alot of financial no-nos and bank commitments mainly because they are considered to be the national team of Catalonia.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed May 02, 2012 9:13 pm

So are banks suddenly going to come down on them?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed May 02, 2012 9:15 pm

Of course not, why would they? They know Barca are good for the money, them not making profit is a matter of heavy investments, not lack of income.

The banks will get their money, and they can wait. This isn't a team in financial dire straights, this is a team operating with the debt they can afford. I personally don't like it, but it's perfectly reasonable to do so.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Well, I read somewhere that no Spanish bank would dare to bankrupt Barca or Real as it would annoy their biggest customers big time, so I guess the clubs can get away with much more than any normal customers.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next