VivaStPauli
Sushi Master
The Messiah
Babun
rwo power
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC Empty CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:17 pm

CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC 150px-11 VS CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC 150px-12

Date: 19 May 2012 at 20:45 CEST (GMT+2)

Line-ups:

Bayern: Official line-up: Manuel Neuer - Philipp Lahm, Anatolij Tymoshchuk, Jérôme Boateng, Diego Contento - Bastian Schweinsteiger, Toni Kroos - Arjen Robben, Thomas Müller, Franck Ribéry - Mario Gómez

Coach: Jupp Heynckes

Suspended: Holger Badstuber, David Alaba, Luiz Gustavo

Chelsea: Official line-up: Petr Cech; Ashley Cole, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Jose Bosingwa; Frank Lampard, John Obi Mikel; Ryan Bertrand, Juan Mata, Salomon Kalou; Didier Drogba

Coach: Roberto di Matteo

Suspended: John Terry, Branislav Ivanovic, Ramires, Raul Meireles

Referee: Pedro Proença (41, Portugal) plus Bertino Miranda and Ricardo Santos as assistant referees, and Manuel de Sousa and Duarte Gomes as additional assistant referees (all Portugal)
4. Official: Carlos Velasco Carballo (41, Spain)

Last edited by rwo power on Sat May 19, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC Empty Re: CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC

Post by Babun Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Chelsea will win. If Farca couldn't score, Bayern wouldn't be able to score anyway. On his day, a fully fit/ rested Drogba is the most lethal lone striker out there.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC Empty Re: CL Final 2011/12: Bayern München vs Chelsea FC

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:02 pm

On the other hand, you can never count out Gomez to score the most unbelievable goals Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:06 pm

rwo power wrote:On the other hand, you can never count out Gomez to score the most unbelievable goals Very Happy
It won't happen against Chelsea. They defend in numbers. Just imagine, they've been playing defensive/ counter footy for years, experience is the other part. Bayern will have 70-75% possession but the game will end up 0-1 or 0-2 in favour of Chelski.

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:16 pm

Dunno. It could end 0:0, too, and then go to penalties. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:30 pm

It's going to be a tough match, Chelsea came a long way, so also did Bayern. I am not going to predict score line, but I know who will come out ontop.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 am

rwo power wrote:Dunno. It could end 0:0, too, and then go to penalties. ^^
See, your head says Bayern won't score eco smile Mäschen exposed herself... eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am

Immortal Babun wrote:Chelsea will win. If Farca couldn't score, Bayern wouldn't be able to score anyway. On his day, a fully fit/ rested Drogba is the most lethal lone striker out there.
Farca's attack has been extremely meh apart from Messi this season. No Villa, no magic. They've been very wasteful and with confidence I'd say that Bayern's attack this season has been better than anyone's.

They've scored against every CL opponent they've been up against, plus home advantage.

The game is Bayern's to lose, but of course Chelsea are not to be written off that easily.

Babun, you took Bayern against Madrid as a very tough match (which it was), but then write them off against 6th placed Chelsea?

Smells like butthurt to me :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:Chelsea will win. If Farca couldn't score, Bayern wouldn't be able to score anyway. On his day, a fully fit/ rested Drogba is the most lethal lone striker out there.
Farca's attack has been extremely meh apart from Messi this season. No Villa, no magic. They've been very wasteful and with confidence I'd say that Bayern's attack this season has been better than anyone's.

They've scored against every CL opponent they've been up against, plus home advantage.

The game is Bayern's to lose, but of course Chelsea are not to be written off that easily.

Babun, you took Bayern against Madrid as a very tough match (which it was), but then write them off against 6th placed Chelsea?

Babun is still butthurt, it's obvious.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:24 am

Idrisozet wrote:
Babun is still butthurt, it's obvious.

Sushi Master wrote:

Laughing
If anything you should know by now that I don't let emotions cloud my judgement eco smile You were tough for us because of wingplay and our shitty fullbacks in defence. Chelsea won't attack like we did, they'll sit back with a deep line of defence. Their fullbacks are defenders first and they'll attack with Drogba only eco smile I fail to see how Bayern is going to score, not joking eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:55 am

Well, contrary to Barca, Bayern has some players who can (and do) shoot from long range distances, too. I think this is a not to underestimated advantage compared to Barca who mainly try to deliver the ball into the goal from their short pass play. Plus the players are taller, so they are more dangerous in set-piece situations.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:23 am

I kept thinking of this, while watching the Chelsea v Barca match - they really let Barca come incredibly close, knowing that Barca will always try to walk the ball into the net.

With Bayern, if you let them have that much possession, they'll start firing away at Cech.

It'll be tough, and it's not guaranteed that Bayern will score, I just think they're more likely to than Barca was.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:45 am

ROFL. Thorsten Linke just in the "Doppelpass" on TV: "The tactic against Chelsea should be clear. They park the bus, so play for 0:0 and then go to penalties. And then you have Germans versus Englishmen in penalties..."
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 am

Hahahaha, that is depressingly true.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:56 am

Either way, with Robben, Kroos, Schweinsteiger etc. at Bayern they hardly can afford Bayern as much time on the ball near the box as they did Barca.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

I Honestly, I don't know how we will line up, or what our tactics will be.

However, it won't be easy for Bayern.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:39 pm

Not sure how the Barca can be related to this........

Unlike Barca...... Bayern has two of the best wingers in the world, an actual striker and actual defenders instead of midfielders that think they are defenders Laughing

Also unlike Barca...... Bayern will have more than one gameplan and are more direct than Barca and will try different things other than just passing it sideways and backwards all game long.

So yes Babun is Butthurt eco smile

I think Bayern will win but Chelsea will make it difficult...... although Bayern will make it more difficult than Barca did.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Kick wrote:However, it won't be easy for Bayern.

I don't think anyone thinks this will be easy, I was just arguing, that Bayern isn't a one-trick pony like Barca. So parking the bus that close to the own goal would be suicide by Chelsea - meaning that really defending against Bayern means pressing, because they will shoot from 20, 30 yards out, and even against Cech, it is very possible that any of Robben, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, even Ribéry might just score a "lucky" goal from far out.

And Barca forwards could have tons of shots at Cech if they hadn't tried to walk the ball into the net.

That being said, I'm not convinced Bayern is going to win, but they're slim favorites. I don't expect Chelsea to be dumb enough to defend against Bayern like they did against Barca either.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Actually, Bayern are rather predictable. If you double team their wingers each time they receive the ball they'll be out of ideas. They don't play enough through the middle and lack of Alaba would make defending against Ribery rather easy. The only way to score for them is a lucky cross or from set pieces.
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not sure how the Barca can be related to this........

Unlike Barca...... Bayern has two of the best wingers in the world, an actual striker and actual defenders instead of midfielders that think they are defenders Laughing

Also unlike Barca...... Bayern will have more than one gameplan and are more direct than Barca and will try different things other than just passing it sideways and backwards all game long.

So yes Babun is Butthurt eco smile

I think Bayern will win but Chelsea will make it difficult...... although Bayern will make it more difficult than Barca did.
4-0 eco smile

Unlike Farca, Bayern suck through the middle. Unlike them, they don't make many runs to stretch the defence, unlike them, they build up slower, unlike them, they don't have a dribbler like Messi to break through the middle eco smile

Against Bayern, Chelsea just needs to shut down the wings and defend Gomez=> in control. They've got the recources to do so...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:59 pm

Babun is still butthurt and should be ignored, Chelsea will not defend as much as they did against Barca, they are missing 4 starters and possibly Cahill if he doesn't return on time, which will make their defence look like shiit.

I see Van Buyten scoring if he plays or Gomez as well, Kroos delivery one of those his Freekicks that he crosses the ball deep inside the 18yard. Chelsea have more chances of winning the match if Van Buyten doesn't play, as he will bully Tymo all light long...

Anyways, Babun is still butthurt and should be ignored, with that said, both team have a chance of winning it, but in other news Babun's Butt is still hurting and he should be ignored, I say Babun still feel pains in his butts and should be left alone..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed May 02, 2012 4:14 pm

I've been pretty dead on all through the Champions League on another forum, and I am admittedly biased towards Munich, but this is how I see the game playing out:

In the beginning Chelsea will park the bus, but Bayern will just start peppering shots from distance. For the first 30 minutes this approach will work until Cech will let a ball get away and Gomez will score a clean up goal. This will most likely come from Ribbery's side as Chelsea like's to sink in on the left.

The second goal will come in extra time off of a set piece and Kroos will place a header to Gomez to make the game 2 - 0.

Going into the half down 2 - 0, Chelsea will change their tactics and bring Torres in early as a winger/forward to work with Drogba. The line up will be just as confusing for Chelsea as it will be for Munich, but Torres or Drogba will finish something off of a break created by Mata bring Chelsea back within 1.

With minutes left before injury time, and Chelsea no longer parking the bus in front of goal...Bastian will play a long ball into Gomez that will be laid off to Robben who will finish the game with a tiny touch that just gets by Cech.

I think when Drogba comes off there is potential for another goal on the part of Chelsea by Torres from distance, but in the end Bayern are still victorious.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed May 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Welcome Motogp69. Your scenario seems exciting. If at least 2 goals in CL final are scored I'd be happy eco smile Usually, finals are cagey affairs.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes Chelsea will find this game quite hard, specially with Ramires suspended...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm

Referee for the final is Pedro Proenca in case you wanted to know who to hate before the match.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1072164/uefa-confirms-champions-league-final-referee?cc=5901
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 17, 2012 3:37 pm

Motogp69 wrote:Referee for the final is Pedro Proenca in case you wanted to know who to hate before the match.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1072164/uefa-confirms-champions-league-final-referee?cc=5901
Check the first page - I already posted the ref team yesterday Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next