Zealous
tehcpeng
DRK
Milan31
Il Diavolo
TonyDaBeast
16 posters

Go down

MAKE IT HAPPEN DON!! Empty MAKE IT HAPPEN DON!!

Post by TonyDaBeast Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Berlusconi plans to axe Allegri and half the current AC Milan squad - report

The ex-Italian PM is said to be disgusted that the Rossoneri are poised to end the season empty-handed and has concluded that a summer clear-out is the only way forward

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi is planning an end-of-season cull at San Siro, which will result in the dismissal of Massimiliano Allegri as coach and the release of half of the current squad, according to Tuttosport.

The former Italian Prime Minister is furious that the Rossoneri will likely end the season trophyless, having been dumped out of Europe by Barcelona, eliminated from the Coppa Italia by Juventus and now having slipped three points behind the Bianconeri in the race for this year's Scudetto.

Consequently, Allegri is now set to lose his job just under a year after leading Milan to the title in what was his first season at the helm, with the report claiming that Berlusconi has always remained sceptical of the 46-year-old's merits as a coach.

In addition, the media mogul also intends to offload roughly 50 per cent of the current team and bring in just seven or eight new players as he believes not only is the 33-strong senior squad lacking in quality, it is also too large.

The clear-out might not end there, either, with the position of athletic training manager Daniele Tognaccini under threat after a season in which Milan have been beset by injuries.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

MAKE IT HAPPEN DON!! Empty Re: MAKE IT HAPPEN DON!!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:17 pm

if this news is to believed... it should happen... especially squad overhauling....

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I really doubt the truth in this. Berlusconi has no right to be angry! Its not like he's been spending millions in the market and is not getting results.

Anyways, if this were to happen and half of our squad is replaced by some quality players, I'd be a happy man. I don't wany Allegri to be sacked, but there has to be some collosal damage, and if his sacking leads the way to an overhaul, than let it be!

None of this is going to happen though!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:31 pm

I believe in the squad being cut, but not in Allegri getting axed. I really do believe he deserves one more year. Another thing that made me happy is this,

The clear-out might not end there, either, with the position of athletic training manager Daniele Tognaccini under threat after a season in which Milan have been beset by injuries.

Smile

EDIT: Don't believe any of lol.com is reporting is actually legit though.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:40 pm

lol.com got it from tuttosport Razz so this is even more fictional than ever, but hey we never know Razz
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Cutting the squad yes. Allegri deserves at least one more year though and I don't want to be changing managers constantly every time Berlu gets annoyed with them, we need stability in that position. But I doubt this is true anyways.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tehcpeng Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

Yeah... The number of players in squad is insane. 33 is too much and waste of wage bill. The athletic manger should change as well as the medical team... really :facepalm: . Well, I don't expect much, but reduce the squad is something must.
tehcpeng
tehcpeng
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:52 pm

As a neutral I think Allegri deserves another year. He is good imo

Give him a better squad and results will improve.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm

i would like to see players like ambro, pippo, seedorf and some other oldies leave the team.. not allegri though.. and 7 - 8 players coming in?? hard to believe that.. i doubt even if we do sell those players we would get half of the money we need to bring just one decent player
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:02 pm

I hope the part about allegri isn't true i like him as a manager and think he can do very well with a better squad.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Keep Allegri. He is a good manager.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:31 am

Fire coach
Sell half the squad and buy 7 or 8 players
These players will probably be 1-6mil players or free agents

Why on Earth would you want this to happen?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:20 am

Tuttosport is Juve-biased trash. Don't believe it.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:29 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Fire coach

i see bayern munich pull off amazing 12 million deal for player like shaqiri whose price i believe could have gone up to easily 25 million if there was a bidding war.

monchengladbach is negotiating granit xhaka for 6 million. ibrahim afellay was bought for 6 million. real madrid brought ozil for like 12 million.

milan can pull off deal like this if they try hard, but obviously they arent doing enough. they were too busy pulling off impossible deals for guys like balotelli tevez hamsik ....

there were some stupid moments even last year that we had registered serious interest on axel witsel even came close to ending negotiation, then braida goes to see him at his match, he misses pk and all of sudden .. a week later deal off, within 2 weeks after that benfica bought him for .. was it 8 million?? u might wonder ... what the hell happened... and not long ago we totally bottled cissokho deal .... he had agreed wage of just 1.2 million something like that but galliani messed up big time with porto .. he broke promise.

it doesnt have to be expensive deal... i see us squandering so many good deals, and buying free agents who are poor players.

better yet, milan should be heavily investing on scouting instead if they have such bad hesitation on spending, because i look at team like udinese napoli and they bring some serious talent at low price.

all we do if we buy young player is either send them to primavera and when they graduate they are sent to loan and they are very much forgotten players.

... there is some serious problem in the management which has been badly ignored for so many years now and if berlusconi wants to see changes yes i would like that to happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 am

JespSwe wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Fire coach

i see bayern munich pull off amazing 12 million deal for player like shaqiri whose price i believe could have gone up to easily 25 million if there was a bidding war.

monchengladbach is negotiating granit xhaka for 6 million. ibrahim afellay was bought for 6 million. real madrid brought ozil for like 12 million.

milan can pull off deal like this if they try hard, but obviously they arent doing enough. they were too busy pulling off impossible deals for guys like balotelli tevez hamsik ....

there were some stupid moments even last year that we had registered serious interest on axel witsel even came close to ending negotiation, then braida goes to see him at his match, he misses pk and all of sudden .. a week later deal off, within 2 weeks after that benfica bought him for .. was it 8 million?? u might wonder ... what the hell happened... and not long ago we totally bottled cissokho deal .... he had agreed wage of just 1.2 million something like that but galliani messed up big time with porto .. he broke promise.

it doesnt have to be expensive deal... i see us squandering so many good deals, and buying free agents who are poor players.

better yet, milan should be heavily investing on scouting instead if they have such bad hesitation on spending, because i look at team like udinese napoli and they bring some serious talent at low price.

all we do if we buy young player is either send them to primavera and when they graduate they are sent to loan and they are very much forgotten players.

... there is some serious problem in the management which has been badly ignored for so many years now and if berlusconi wants to see changes yes i would like that to happen.

i pretty much agree with everything jepswe said, spot on, nothing to add really, a total overhaul and refresh is needed, we simply can't continue the way we've been doing for the last few years..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:08 am

Allegri is staying
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperClaudio Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:50 am

Why should Allegri be sacked? It's not exactly his fault that his squad has been plagued with injuries throughout the season.

The fact that Milan is still in the scudetto race is a testament to Allegri's ability to tinker and motivate his players to rise to the occasion, despite being shorthanded in several key matches this season.
SuperClaudio
SuperClaudio
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:25 am

Never have I ever felt the inexperience of a coach in my life as much as I did with Allegri.

Like the 17-year-old Messi, he shows flashed of undeniable brilliance here and there, but he is still too naive to handle a club like Milan.

No offense, but Allegri would make the perfect assistant to a colossal figure like Sir Alex, because according to what I hear, Ferguson doesn't necessarily have to be a good tactician or trainer, he simply needs to be a perfect human resources manager, which he more than is.

I'm honestly not sure if Allegri has finally matured or not, but I don't wanna be assessing that at the end of next season too.

If there was anything such as loaning out a coach... We could do that and be amazed by its incredible results.

Capello wouldn't have stuck so stubbornly to a single formation, would he?
Capello wouldn't have played it like that against Real Madrid, would he?
Capello wouldn't have granted purchase of Muntari and Mesbah, would he?
Capello wouldn't have sold Pirlo for free to a direct rival, would he?
Capello wouldn't have played Thiago Silva against Roma, would he?
Capello wouldn't have rushed Pato against Barca, would he?
Capello wouldn't have put it all on Ibra's shoulder, would he?
Capello wouldn't have (fill in the parentheses), would he?

Like I said, Allegri is destined to be a great if he realizes his mistakes, but can't we let go of him for a few years, and get back a refined version when the time comes?

I'm also not saying we must absolutely acquire Capello, but come on, such a fantastic manager is out of job, and we're not rushing to him? Why not?

As for the squad revolution, I will explain my ideas in the next post...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:31 am

If you sack Allegri... :facepalm:

Excellent coach IMO.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by IrasMaldinista Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:45 am

Milan were a mess in 2011-12 in terms of squad.

Defenders all over the place, midfield department a shambles and strikers always entering and exiting the infirmary's sliding doors.

A midfield trio of Van Bommel-Muntari-Emanuelson simply doesn't deserve the scudetto, a trio of Pirlo-Vidal-Marchiso does and I can challenge whoever objects to this theory.

Except for Pato, Gattuso, Cassano, Yepes and Flamini, every other injury was at least 70% avoidable, if not 95%.

Barca and Real aren't doing miracles, they're just playing it normal. We're not.

Gattuso's eyes got screwed up, Cassano's heart suddenly stopped working and Yepes and Flamini's injuries were just too nasty. While Pato's case remains as foggy and mysterious as Black Dahlia.

But why should we have so many niggling little injuries? It must be somebody's fault, I don't know who, but somebody's.

Whenever we were at full strength, we did something. When we weren't, we improvised hence the current situation.

The injured are all back, it's time to restart from scratch.

We MUST sell our useless space-filling, Oxygen-consuming low-lives, we have to somehow push the 30+ ones through a smart filter and also change the technical-medical staff if need be, we just have to.

A core of Nesilva, Ibra, Ambrottuso, Seedorf, Pato, Abate and Boateng plus useful players like Maxi, Nocerino, Zambrotta and Abbiati should be kept, while whether to keep the rest or not will depend on who will coach us next season.
Let's be realistic, though, we will definitely keep 80% of the current squad.

We need to stay healthy and fit, I don't know any other way to
say it. Otherwise even if we get Messi, in 2012-13 we will go through the exact same shit we went through in 2011-12.

I wished we got Sacchi as adviser, he always has some unique tricks up his sleeve...
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down