Cotes
juventrini
LWL91
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Estigarribia Empty Estigarribia

Post by LWL91 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 am

WOW. Just WOW. These skills are amazing. This is flair, all he need is self-assurance and courage!!!
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Estigarribia Empty Re: Estigarribia

Post by juventrini Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:06 am

what he needs is another team

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 am

I want him to stay...brilliant & versatile player
I love his passion & desire to do better...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:42 am

He would be a bargain with that low prize.Juve must buy him because he can be hell of a LB if he improves his defending because in the attack he is solid Smile Good player
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 am

at 5 mil? im sorry but he's takin up a roster spot that should be taken by somebody higher quality that can be more useful. its no surprise that he hasnt been included much as of late..

he's not brilliant and not that very versatile...versatile would imply that he actually does something useful in the LWF, LWB, LB positions he has played in this season..he is mediocre and that is not what we need for next season

we cant keep throwing away money like that..5mil can be used with other monies to bring someone on board that can ensure a proper return on investment

no to estigaribbia

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:13 pm

we spent 5m on Padoin and gave him a 5 year contract and hes totally sub-par and nowhere NEAR Juventus quality. A lot of people here were saying how hes a very versatile player and were happy that he was signed. See how that turned out - not any better than the Boriello signing.

Esti is a good solid useful player. I disagree with you on that point.

I do agree that we should save that 5million and spend it on someone like Kolarov or Armero for the LB/LWB position. We cannot keep making the same 'Padoin' purchases.

BUT if we cant guarantee a quality LWB/LB signing, the we should DEF keep Esti. He would be more than useful.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Padoin is infinitely better and more useful than Borriello. Padoin was bought to use when our first team players got injured or needed rest. Neither of those happened, so Padoin hasnt played. Do you know what a squad player is? Conte is doing the right thing with him.

Back to Esti, I think he shows tons of potential and can be extremely useful to the team. Definitely keep him, no doubt. At worst a bench player and a sub for the Left Side... but he has the potential to be much more.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Esti has the potential to be beast but he needs more playing time plus he can be LWB,LWST,LW,LM for 3 MIL .. YES 3 mils he is keeper we get 5 players in him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:43 pm

a player i really like.. he's hardworking like pepe but i think he's a little more dangerous in attack. the change of formation and deceglies good form is what has been keeping him on the bench.. but i think he would be ideal in our 3-5-2..
hope he gets some more chances cause i liked what he was doing in the first half of the season.
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I love this player...hope he stays...loan extension at the minimum :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:05 pm

For five million? I would pass and let him return to his former team.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Juventude wrote:For five million? I would pass and let him return to his former team.

Its 3 millions bro Wink
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Juventude wrote:For five million? I would pass and let him return to his former team.

Its 3 millions bro Wink

I'm going by the Juventus' press release that clearly states 5 million euros.

http://www.juventus.com/wps/wcm/connect/b6ebd854-5981-4130-8b8e-6a3c47caf58e/comunicato+28082011+estigarribia+eng.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=b6ebd854-5981-4130-8b8e-6a3c47caf58e
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:35 pm

Juventude wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Its 3 millions bro Wink

I'm going by the Juventus' press release that clearly states 5 million euros.

http://www.juventus.com/wps/wcm/connect/b6ebd854-5981-4130-8b8e-6a3c47caf58e/comunicato+28082011+estigarribia+eng.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=b6ebd854-5981-4130-8b8e-6a3c47caf58e

oh my bad than Smile still he covers 4 positions I would like to have him he showed blitzes and of what he is capable of but he has one flaw he can't run more than 60min
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:00 pm

He'll be 25 when the 2012-13 season will start and I feel that his development should be more advanced at this point in his career. He is too old to be considered a prospect and I would rather see some youth team players provide the same depth that he provides. In my opinion, on a good day, he's just average. If we can knock a couple of million off of his asking price, he may be worth it. Five million is just too much for a still relatively unproven player in Serie A. People can say what they want about Padoin, but he was a proven regular starter for Atalanta.

I needed to see something that showed me that Estigarribia was above average in order to justify his price and selection over younger prospects. I just haven't seen that this season.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Juventude wrote:He'll be 25 when the 2012-13 season will start and I feel that his development should be more advanced at this point in his career. He is too old to be considered a prospect and I would rather see some youth team players provide the same depth that he provides. In my opinion, on a good day, he's just average. If we can knock a couple of million off of his asking price, he may be worth it. Five million is just too much for a still relatively unproven player in Serie A. People can say what they want about Padoin, but he was a proven regular starter for Atalanta.

I needed to see something that showed me that Estigarribia was above average in order to justify his price and selection over younger prospects. I just haven't seen that this season.

I respect what you said and I see form where are you coming from but I think that Esti should be focused on attack only the running spends him to much for example against Napoli first game conte asked him to attack and he was thorn in opposition defense maggio ffs couldn't watch him
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 pm

I could see Juve keeping him and my argument for keeping him would be that he is a solid option that can fill multiple positions and he already knows Conte's tactics. He would be useful for depth purposes in a campaign when Juve is playing in multiple competitions. However, fans should not expect him to develop into a great player because he should already be an impressive player at his age.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Juventude wrote:I could see Juve keeping him and my argument for keeping him would be that he is a solid option that can fill multiple positions and he already knows Conte's tactics. He would be useful for depth purposes in a campaign when Juve is playing in multiple competitions. However, fans should not expect him to develop into a great player because he should already be an impressive player at his age.

Exactly my thoughts there. +1
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Juventude wrote:I could see Juve keeping him and my argument for keeping him would be that he is a solid option that can fill multiple positions and he already knows Conte's tactics. He would be useful for depth purposes in a campaign when Juve is playing in multiple competitions. However, fans should not expect him to develop into a great player because he should already be an impressive player at his age.

Camoranesi ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:00 pm

Not fussed, he's not exactly young and apart from taking his man on every now and then he offers little more to the team than any other average LWB/LM would.

He loses the ball a bit too much for my liking and seeing how we play under Conte, this is not good enough.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

My favorite player at Juve.

Or the only one I like? hmm
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm

DeviAngel wrote:

Camoranesi ?

Don't throw out that argument. For every Camoranesi that develops late in his career there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of players that were average in their mid 20s and stayed average or got worse in to their late 20s or early 30s.

If you're going to use Camoranesi, then I'm going to use Kapo for my example.

I can safely say that Esti will never be even close to Camo's level.

Last edited by Juventude on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Many players develop well into their late 20s. Peaks are around 28 or so for a lot of players... He can definitely still improve, both technically and tactically.

Worth the money, hands down.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Of course they develop, but do they develop into something great or remain about average? More average players at 25 remain average as they get older than become great. With an overwhelming majority of football players, you have a pretty good idea of what you have in terms of talent by the time they are in their mid 20s.

I wouldn't keep Esti because you think he is going to become a great player because the chances of that are slim. Rather, you should consider keep him for what he can offer next season's team. People need to tailor their expectations of him.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Well i honestly have hardly been impressed with him.He has been overshadowed by De Ceglie pretty much entire season.

And if we are buying him it would be a depth option for WB position mainly also has he showed he isnt exactly cut it for the 4-3-3 either.So i'd rather use that 5m and add additional money to buy an explosive wing-back like Armero.

On the other hand i've been impressed with Gaiccherini whenever he has started and as a sub as well plus he can play as a CM,SS and ofcourse outwide so i'd definitely considering buying him over Esti first .

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next