Le Samourai
Lex
halamadrid2
Die Borussen
Grande_Milano
48 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 pm

I for one would not be happy with this, am not happy with this.

I see both sides of the argument but the fact remains we were awarded the title "real" by the king of Spain in 1920 and it has been a part of our club for the better part of 80 years.

It should not be changed so quickly on a whim to please some sections of fans.

If fans are seriously offended by our history that much then they a) don't understand the meaning behind and the history of the club and b) should find another club to support.

Would be seriously upset at this.....

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 pm

Cause all sorts of butthurt: Complete smoking

Being accused of intolerance: Complete smoking

Operation "Troll Madrid, Political Correctness, Religion" : Complete smoking

Awaiting Mr. Libera, Senor to appear :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:25 pm

ok I'm sorry I'm so confused I've nonstopped looked at these logos and I don't see a cross somebody put me out of my misery where the hell is the cross!
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 pm

zarola wrote:ok I'm sorry I'm so confused I've nonstopped looked at these logos and I don't see a cross somebody put me out of my misery where the hell is the cross!

On the very top of the crown, its tiny Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 pm

zarola wrote:ok I'm sorry I'm so confused I've nonstopped looked at these logos and I don't see a cross somebody put me out of my misery where the hell is the cross!

Italy in trouble too, how many teams have crosses there Very Happy They already banned Dante's ''Divine Comedy'' in schools :vagi:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:33 pm

Crimson wrote:

On the very top of the crown, its tiny Smile

OMG TY

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:34 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:

Italy in trouble too, how many teams have crosses there Very Happy They already banned Dante's ''Divine Comedy'' in schools :vagi:

Really?, one of the best pieces of literature in history and they banned it?

wtf is the world coming too......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 pm

Just researched this, apparently all we did was drop the cross from the promo video for the island in order to appease and not offend UAE residents and the Prince that is helping us with the project.

It is in no way an indication that the cross will officially be dropped from the emblem for good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 pm

Crimson wrote:Just researched this, apparently all we did was drop the cross from the promo video for the island in order to appease and not offend UAE residents and the Prince that is helping us with the project.

It is in no way an indication that the cross will officially be dropped from the emblem for good.

I read exactly the same thing, and it's even explained in real madrid official videos, we did it just for the presentation and the logo might be slightly different in our resort but in no way is that an official change of logo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 am

How does this offend the fans in UAE ? Since when did Religion become important in football ? It's not like someone did a petition of removing it.

Doesn't make sense
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:12 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Crimson wrote:Just researched this, apparently all we did was drop the cross from the promo video for the island in order to appease and not offend UAE residents and the Prince that is helping us with the project.

I read exactly the same thing, and it's even explained in real madrid official videos, we did it just for the presentation and the logo might be slightly different in our resort but in no way is that an official change of logo.

Yep I knew that, actually in the official documents aswell, but dont spoil the butthurt in this thread :shisha:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:14 am

RealGunner wrote:How does this offend the fans in UAE ? Since when did Religion become important in football ? It's not like someone did a petition of removing it.

Doesn't make sense

The story about it sounds rubbish to me, again, we are reacting to a piece a blog wrote but i dont think it's true.

As i said, i remember hearing about it, and it had to do with us building that resort Island. I can understand how in the negotiations the princes we were dealing with asked for the logo to be slightly different but i doubt it's a popular demand resulting from people being offended from it.

I have never heard of muslim fans being upset at our logo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 am

Rumor has it that Madrid players are taking extra wives/girlfriends to appease the Arabic way of life…
Seriously I’m gonna ask what most people here are asking… What do all this things have to do with football???
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Yep I knew that, actually in the official documents aswell, but dont spoil the butthurt in this thread :shisha:
Grande_Milano with ill intentions pirat
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Wow what a useless issue to discuss. You should be discussing Madrid choking :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Zealous wrote:Wow what a useless issue to discuss. You should be discussing Madrid choking :coffee:

This is all part of Mou's plan. His control is so great that he released this story now so that people will talk about it and be distracted from our choking, thus removing pressure from the players.

Mou :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:53 pm

Anti-DNA wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
Albiceleste wrote::lol!:

Shocked to see them change such a vital part of the clubs history and culture for citizens of UAE tbh. Real UAEdrid

By changing the emblem, the Los Blancos followed in the footsteps of their archrivals from Barcelona, who also had to part with a cross on their logo to please their sponsors from Qatar.
:vagi:

O_O

Barca has never had a cross. See it for yourself

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Escudo

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 pm

harhar11 wrote:Barca has never had a cross. See it for yourself
Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Fcb-cr10

Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

rwo power wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Barca has never had a cross. See it for yourself
Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Fcb-cr10

Razz
Give it up RWO, I've tried to point, to these openminded and intelligent people, that the cross from their Barcelona flag is the same cross as the one on the crown of Spain, but somehow the message is not getting to them.

As they say their cross is a part of Barcelona (city) flag, so is our cross a part of the royal crown. Free_cat even tried to humble RM because RM has a religious symbol on their crest. Guys like him are probably the same that "promote" human freedoms and "religious equalities", the kind of people that don't see the hypocrisy in it when they bash someone based on their religious background - because they have a cross on crest. Sounding their preferences is what that is or having a butthurt for religions, not a deep routed sense for right and equality. Add to that the fact that they HAVE a cross too... :facepalm: Hypocrites.

Benfica used to have a "Banco Espirito Santo" sponsor on their jerseys. I guess that was inappropriate and puts a bad light on Benfica :facepalm:

Harhar - you're a cool enough guy, and I didn't mean to attack you personally, I had a "debate" with free-cat before so I'm still adressing that original issue. And I believe that whole "Barca removing their cross" was just a decievers try to confuse people eco smile
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Empty Real modifies logo for muslim money.

Post by Harmonica Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 3,w=985,c=0.bild

Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:56 pm

didn't barça give up their " no shirt sponsorship " principles for " muslim " money ? hmm

more relevant and visible than some microscopic logo change .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:16 pm

That was already big news in 2012. Now it is olds and not news. :coffee:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/real-madrid-small-distinct-change-crest-uae-resort-202900831.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:20 pm

deja vu.. aka what rwo said

And the logo is only for Abu Dhabi. Normal logo will still be the same in Europe.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Threads merged.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 4 Blackflag6

would an entity with a logo like this get sponsorship and business deals easily in a pious christian society ? i doubt it . Laughing

people making a big a deal about nothing . :facepalm: they changed a microscopic detail in the logo in ONE COUNTRY .. big deal .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Nothing to do with fans, It's because of their new deal with the national bank of Abu Dhabi. They must be desperate.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next