Le Samourai
Lex
halamadrid2
Die Borussen
Grande_Milano
48 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Too much ado about nothing, pretty insignificant change. Did any Muslim supporters even care that the cross was there before?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by REWB Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 pm

religion :facepalm:

creationists :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:54 pm

deadrave wrote:Lass, , Khedira, Ozil, Benzema and kaka will be pleased as well of this move of the club eco smile

why would super religious kaka be happy if madrid removed the symbol of his religion from the emblem of the club he currently is playing for ?=!?!?!?)!"=?#() your logic sucks
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Too much ado about nothing, pretty insignificant change. Did any Muslim supporters even care that the cross was there before?

Nope as far as I'm concerned.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:11 pm

che wrote:because if some people consider a teeny tiny cross that's not even visible until very close inspection offensive and you decide to take it out, where does it end?

should the crown also be removed because it's a symbol of a totalitarian regime which might be offensive to human rights activists? should the white background of the badge be changed to grey since this might offend black people? better yet, why not change the team's nickname to "los grises"?

stop embracing this politically correct horseshit please

:bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Albiceleste wrote::lol!:

Shocked to see them change such a vital part of the clubs history and culture for citizens of UAE tbh. Real UAEdrid
aleumdance wrote: i am going to get attacked

but this is pointless

you change your history cuz some fans said they don't like it?
Lex wrote:Arsenal to integrate the star of David on the cannon to appease Benayoun :bow:
Lord Hades wrote: put a swastika too to appease hindus aka majority of indian fans please while youre at it .. and maybe a banyan tree for buddhism ..

Real madrid had the cross ever since they got the crown. Now they remove it because of marketing? Perez is raping this club for money so hard it's embarasing.
No cross = no crown. The crown has a cross so wtf? Why only remove the cross? Everyone knows how the Spanish crown looks like.

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2hN7hzCe4oMHd1ZOCOgu9EsCC0PUOHvcnACT-183HI119ELCiKw
See? Cross.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm

barça changed the shield? i dont think so.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Giggslegend wrote:
deadrave wrote:Lass, , Khedira, Ozil, Benzema and kaka will be pleased as well of this move of the club eco smile

why would super religious kaka be happy if madrid removed the symbol of his religion from the emblem of the club he currently is playing for ?=!?!?!?)!"=?#() your logic sucks

he thinks kaka is a muslim
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:25 pm

We didnt change our shield, confirmed.

On topic, i would applaud the move if it was to embrace secularism, but doing that to appease other religious is stupid imo.

Barça shield doesnt have any Cross on it, aside from St George's flag, which is part if barcelona's flag.

How cliche that Madrid has a monarchy and a religioud emblem on their shirt, while our shield has only references to barcelona, the club and football. More than a club.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Baraa992 wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 640x392_56706_185345

this got me confused some months ago.. and what baraa992 said i thought he was a muslim !

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:32 pm

deadrave wrote:
Baraa992 wrote:
Giggslegend wrote:

this got me confused some months ago.. and what baraa992 said i thought he was a muslim !

i think this was from a visit he made to Dubai in UAE , where he attended a lecture about Islam , but he didnt really converse to Islam.

Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 pm

so i stop posting in the religion section because of all the bullcrap and now this :vagi:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 pm

zizzle wrote:so i stop posting in the religion section because of all the bullcrap and now this :vagi:

there is a religion section? :vagi:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm

deadrave wrote:Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 640x392_56706_185345

I need to see what the ladies in this pic look like without their robes. 🐘
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm

deadrave wrote:
zizzle wrote:so i stop posting in the religion section because of all the bullcrap and now this :vagi:

just pretend you didnt read my post, trust me, its for the better :vagi:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:06 pm

zizzle wrote:
deadrave wrote:

just pretend you didnt read my post, trust me, its for the better :vagi:
or he can lurk and laugh
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:18 pm

I am really angry about this.

I am a Catholic, a proud Madridista and I CERTAINLY knew the cross was on the Madrid crest. I dont mind because of religion, I mind because we are changing the crown. We cannot change an intrinsic part of our tradition for some Muslims who didnt mind in the first place. Its ridiculous.

ANYWAY, calm down people. From as much research as I have been able to do, this is ONLY FOR THE DUBAI ISLAND PROJECT. The emblem in Spain and the rest of the world should be the same. I think it is only responsible to remove the Cross in Muslim areas, but if we changed our international crest, I would be incensed.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:19 pm

free_cat wrote:We didnt change our shield, confirmed.
LOL, you fell to one of the oldest "decieving" tricks from the book.
On topic, i would applaud the move if it was to embrace secularism, but doing that to appease other religious is stupid imo.

Barça shield doesnt have any Cross on it, aside from St George's flag, which is part if barcelona's flag.
Does the aforementioned flag not have a certain cross on it? St. George is a saint, hence St. prefix. And the cross is the christian cross. Barcelona was created by christians just like most of the europen clubs, go figure, therefore even your first crest had a saint George's cross on it.
How cliche that Madrid has a monarchy and a religioud emblem on their shirt, while our shield has only references to barcelona, the club and football. More than a club.

So, to continue, the first logo of Barcelona (pic 1.1*), also has DAS crown in it. Hmmm. Anyway, first you say it's ok if Barca has a symbol of the country, province, but it's not ok if Real has it? You poor guy, so much contradictions it must be exhausting.

Mes que un club? Seriously Free Cat, you're one of the most nauseating posters on this forum, sometimes I really doubt that even you believe the stupidities you sometimes say.

Barcelona has a St. George's flag right? Check this out:

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 200px-Greater_coat_of_arms_of_Georgia.svg

In this pic we have a coat of arms of Georgia. There is the St. George, and, oh look, a royal crown that is EXACTLY the same as the royal crown of Spain, the one in the (pic 1.2*) RM crest affraid

EDIT: Could it be... that both clubs have something religious? Could it be that both clubs show symbols of some kind of government?

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Escut_bo1
1.1*

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2hN7hzCe4oMHd1ZOCOgu9EsCC0PUOHvcnACT-183HI119ELCiKw
1.2*

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1Lp6g6HBj_wYLLCKEY2c91K_UTnvyYwySmP44n6IeFaNfxXAoxw
Now please, shoo. Go away.

Dat muslim Kaka wife

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeSgEWEOlbHagH_R_XHM_U-srQsk8noz1Ic9XTe0D6JWz3GEic5A
Yummy, like a peach Thumbs up
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Hilarious post Aensen.

Why bring up a shield from 19th century? Very Happy Wtf has Georgia to do with barça? Very Happy

St George flag is part of barcelonas flag, its not there as a christian sign, and in the post u quote i already mention st george flag is a cross. Very Happy

A crown is not a 'country's' symbol as u put it. Its a symbol of a type of government, which is based in human inequality and outdated IMO.

Barça, més que un club even in our badge.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Saetablanca wrote:I am really angry about this.

I am a Catholic, a proud Madridista and I CERTAINLY knew the cross was on the Madrid crest. I dont mind because of religion, I mind because we are changing the crown. We cannot change an intrinsic part of our tradition for some Muslims who didnt mind in the first place. Its ridiculous.

ANYWAY, calm down people. From as much research as I have been able to do, this is ONLY FOR THE DUBAI ISLAND PROJECT. The emblem in Spain and the rest of the world should be the same. I think it is only responsible to remove the Cross in Muslim areas, but if we changed our international crest, I would be incensed.

the crest wont go muslims have been wearing madrid shirts since god know's when

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:41 pm

already madrid has three starting muslims probably other non christians on the team, its cool they dont have to wear it anymore (or does this pertain to the project only?)

Im impressed at madrid moving away from euro centrism and realizing they are a global club
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 pm

completely ridiculous
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Madrid can do what they want, at the end of the day no one will remember this in a week or so which is kind of why it's pointless but whatever.

It's a little over the top IMO as symbols and crests are a pictorial representation of your club and how they got where they are and what they represent. It's not something that should be changed for political correctness.

Also, tons of clubs have the cross in there crest/emblem and I hope this doesn't turn into a trend of teams doing this as I love when Inter wears the jerseys that have one massive cross over the front of the jersey, I think Parma does it as well.

Again, I know the cross is turning into some PC bad symbol but I just hope that teams don't get bullied into showing that religion was a part of who and what they were at one point in time.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 pm

free_cat wrote:Hilarious post Aensen.

Why bring up a shield from 19th century? Very Happy Wtf has Georgia to do with barça? Very Happy

St George flag is part of barcelonas flag, its not there as a christian sign, and in the post u quote i already mention st george flag is a cross. Very Happy
Why bring up a shield from 19th century? Because it is a part of your history which is important if you want to understand what your crest symbolizes.

Many countries and clubs have St. George's flag, that flag is a christian symbol whether you put it there as a flag of Barca or England or Milan. The cross on our crest is a part of the crown - so it's there because of the crown which is also christian in background. You tried to put RM down in comparison with Barca by trying to say RM is a christian club (as if that's necessarily bad) based on that crown's cross. While you too have christian smybolism in your crest.

A crown is not a 'country's' symbol as u put it. Its a symbol of a type of government, which is based in human inequality and outdated IMO.
Your political opinions go past my interest. You tried to put dirt on RM because they have a crown in their crest, while saying BarcelonaFC has only Barcelona's colours/symbols. If you understand what the crown symbolizes and what the St. George's flag symbolizes - you will understand that these are not opposing ideologies. This is why you need to understand what your symbols symbolize. This is why you can find the royal crown and St.George's flag in the same flag - the one of Georgia. And even in the Barcelona's coat of arms. you might argue the crown is there in Barca's coat of arms because of "tyranny" or the Monarch, but Barca always had a crown as far as I know.

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 149px-Escut_de_Barcelona.svg
This is the coat of arms of Barcelona (city)

Barça, més que un club even in our badge.
:facepalm:

Also, you don't see Arsenal having St.George's flag in their crest. Neither London Broncos, West Ham United F.C., Dagenham & Redbridge F.C., Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Chelsea F.C., Millwall F.C., Charlton Athletic F.C., Crystal Palace F.C., Wimbledon F.C., Fulham F.C., Brentford F.C., Barnet F.C., Queens Park Rangers F.C. have the flag in their crest - even though they're all from London hmm

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe704GYBBnLfcHPsueFyGa4FlKxRB2xGN-sVXiQtxJoR53fywO
this is London's coat of arms
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:11 pm

They are all of them teams of neighbourhoods from london, not from the whole city.

Theres nothing more normal than to have un ur badge part of the flag where you are from, and the city of barcelona has a st george flag on it since 14th century.

That badge from 19th century is basically the badge of the city at that time but with a ball. Barça was wise enough to change it later and renove the crown, while madrid donned the crown when appointed as 'royal'. How cliche, madrid being the favorite of the rulers in spain.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 pm

I for one would not be happy with this, am not happy with this.

I see both sides of the argument but the fact remains we were awarded the title "real" by the king of Spain in 1920 and it has been a part of our club for the better part of 80 years.

It should not be changed so quickly on a whim to please some sections of fans.

If fans are seriously offended by our history that much then they a) don't understand the meaning behind and the history of the club and b) should find another club to support.

Would be seriously upset at this.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next