Le Samourai
Lex
halamadrid2
Die Borussen
Grande_Milano
48 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by 1991 Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:01 pm

Nothing to do with fans, It's because of their new deal with the national bank of Abu Dhabi. They must be desperate.

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
Albiceleste wrote::lol!:

Shocked to see them change such a vital part of the clubs history and culture for citizens of UAE tbh. Real UAEdrid

By changing the emblem, the Los Blancos followed in the footsteps of their archrivals from Barcelona, who also had to part with a cross on their logo to please their sponsors from Qatar.

Are you talking about this?

If so, that was done without Barca's permision..

rwo power wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Barca has never had a cross. See it for yourself
Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Fcb-cr10

Razz

Oh, I thought that they meant a different kind of cross Razz.

But my still point stand, Barca has NEVER changed that to appeased some fans to my knowledge..

Aensensen wrote:
rwo power wrote:
harhar11 wrote:Barca has never had a cross. See it for yourself
Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Fcb-cr10

Razz
Give it up RWO, I've tried to point, to these openminded and intelligent people, that the cross from their Barcelona flag is the same cross as the one on the crown of Spain, but somehow the message is not getting to them.

As they say their cross is a part of Barcelona (city) flag, so is our cross a part of the royal crown. Free_cat even tried to humble RM because RM has a religious symbol on their crest. Guys like him are probably the same that "promote" human freedoms and "religious equalities", the kind of people that don't see the hypocrisy in it when they bash someone based on their religious background - because they have a cross on crest. Sounding their preferences is what that is or having a butthurt for religions, not a deep routed sense for right and equality. Add to that the fact that they HAVE a cross too... :facepalm: Hypocrites.

Benfica used to have a "Banco Espirito Santo" sponsor on their jerseys. I guess that was inappropriate and puts a bad light on Benfica :facepalm:

Harhar - you're a cool enough guy, and I didn't mean to attack you personally, I had a "debate" with free-cat before so I'm still adressing that original issue. And I believe that whole "Barca removing their cross" was just a decievers try to confuse people eco smile

Ok, when did Barca remove the st george flag to appease another religion?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 pm

It took me 10 minutes to even find the damn thing, I doubt most people even know it's there. Laughing
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:10 pm

The less religion is connected with my club, the happier I am. Only a plus getting money from it. I'm ecstatic tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:48 pm

http://en.as.com/en/2017/01/24/football/1485291798_737715.htm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I'm glad

The less religion the better !

The days of crosses on every single european thing is gone, Dark ages stuff really.
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Nothing but a marketing move

Madrid fans are lucky because the new logo is not some mediocre bs like this
Spoiler:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:29 am

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Intermilan
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:49 am

Real Madrid to remove cross from its emblem - Page 5 Kostuem-kreuzritter-fastnachtskostueme-fasnacht-mittelalter_1_g
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:20 am

Not my circus, not my monkeys- but how is removing an integral part of your history a good thing? It's not that big of a deal but if a cross offends anyone then the solution should be to not remove it but for the offended to learn to be tolerant or just get some proper education.

I would not be offended and I wouldnt have a problem if a club of Muslim founders had some Islamic signs all over it. Why should I be? Their club, their thing.

The problem is with people here (those demanding change), who are clearly not very bright and practice some middle ages shit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:45 am

I didn't even know it was there...
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 am

"to please muslim fans" sounds like really suspect reasoning, to me. It would make more sense that they are removing it, in order to distance themselves from criticism related to religion, in general. But sure, let's go for the more controversial alternative lol.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:"to please muslim fans" sounds like really suspect reasoning, to me. It would make more sense that they are removing it, in order to distance themselves from criticism related to religion, in general. But sure, let's go for the more controversial alternative lol.

So it's better to lie than to speak the truth? That's some typical liberal thinking right there.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:17 pm

If I ever see you I will shove a huge Catholic cross up your arse, @Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:44 pm

I don't think you would want to do something to me that I would enjoy.

BTW I'm not a religious person, I just defend the basics of common sense or something like that, dunno how to put it into better words.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:57 am

Myesyats wrote:Not my circus, not my monkeys- but how is removing an integral part of your history a good thing? It's not that big of a deal but if a cross offends anyone then the solution should be to not remove it but for the offended to learn to be tolerant or just get some proper education.

I would not be offended and I wouldnt have a problem if a club of Muslim founders had some Islamic signs all over it. Why should I be? Their club, their thing.

The problem is with people here (those demanding change), who are clearly not very bright and practice some middle ages shit.

PSG crest should be changed then right?
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5