Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

+104
billy_gr
the xcx
halamadrid2
Cassius
Brady2Moss
dostoevsky
Collblanc
teamanarchy
Lord Spencer
honduran09
Cotes
nandrolona
windkick
modernplaymakers
everest1
MaraVilla
arabprince
juventus101
Swanhends
jibers
•MilanDevil•
Kev
Luca
Lex
I Have Mono
Grande_Milano
ToEy
DuringTheWar
punkfusion1992
paperbackwriter
Yuri Yukuv
Arquitecto
Mr Nick09
leemhuis
V
red&blacklegion
nichabr
che
Dnmac4
tonger
CBarca
KMD
Seppuku
_LMG_10_
aford92
kiranr
The Verminator
VanDeezNuts
Cookie Monster
shamr9pato
steve_smith
serieAkings
Baraa
donttreadonred
vivabarca38
Eman
harhar11
dronte
Tomwin Lannister
Amar
Mamad
RED
Kuru
EarlyPrototype
Be/\/ceCALI
Adit
RealGunner
ronalessi
Zealous
Babun
S
Forza
Eivindo
Seth
Soul
sbaggio
StevieRayVaughan
cositomilan
chad4401
The Messiah
pUsHa
Mr_Puyol
guest7
johniet
The Franchise
Die Borussen
Lord Hades
Margera
spanky
Doc
Tigole
Albiceleste
zizzle
manlio
Milan31
Raptorgunner
Le Samourai
Ganso
rsinatra
Tomasso
TonyDaBeast
LeVersacci
Pedram
milanfan7
108 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 15 Empty Re: Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

Post by teamanarchy Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:38 am

In my opinion,
Barca were very fortunate to be awarded the penalty.
But I'm also probably biased, so let's disregard my opinion for a moment or two...
I would just like Barca fans to look at this:
https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/search?search_keywords=Scandal&search_where=f2

That's a search result for all of the "scandal" threads.
Barca fans made hundreds of these because they were adamant that refs were doing harm by them.
So, when you're all stubborn and tell Milan fans that blaming the ref is unfair and providing a convenient excuse... just remember how many times you did the same thing...

teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 15 Empty Re: Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg.

Post by teamanarchy Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:48 am

The issue:
Referees have overlooked shirt pulling incidents for ages.
Milan players, playing corners like they normally do, get charged with the offence for the first time, because they dont know any better.
But IN THIS GAME!
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:29 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Frankly, anyone calling this penalty call the right one is being biased. If every shirt pulling incident was called, there would be a penalty in every corner and you know it.

True, defenders need to stop pulling shirts. I hope more refs give penaltys and even give a yellow card for the foul. Dont pull shirts, dont push players. Very simple rule. Every club teaches this to the pupils/juniors.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:31 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:Just a question if the ball deflects of an opponent and ends up in an offside attacker's feet, is it offside or not? Just informational. Please refer to the example of the first penalty.

Offside.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by modernplaymakers Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:37 am

•MilanDevil• wrote:Just a question if the ball deflects of an opponent and ends up in an offside attacker's feet, is it offside or not? Just informational. Please refer to the example of the first penalty.

Offsides is reset whenever the offense touches it, or the defense intentionally touches it in a controlled way. Here he never had control of the ball so it was indeed offsides.

modernplaymakers
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:38 am

Albiceleste wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Damn.....Puyol is holding Nesta when the ball actually does go in.....
Having his hands on him =/= holding
This is why video evidence > photographic.
Guess you didn't watch the video evidence then, because Puyol was doing everything to bring him down.

Anyways, even though Barca's third goal was extremely lucky (at least the deflection), at least they didn't won by this lame penalty, so I guess that's some justification.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:40 am

dronte wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Damn.....Puyol is holding Nesta when the ball actually does go in.....
Guess you didn't watch the video evidence then, because Puyol was doing everything to bring him down.

This does not matter. Nesta was holding - this is a foul. Very very very simple. Ref should always give penalty for this foul.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am

If holding is a foul , I repeat for the thousandth time, Ibra had 10 penalty shouts over both legs.

That's in the box , and according to the rules it's a penalty.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am

Collblanc wrote:
dronte wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:

This does not matter. Nesta was holding - this is a foul. Very very very simple. Ref should always give penalty for this foul.
I'm amazed how biased are all the Barca fans here. Wow.

Good read:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/04/3012510/nestas-shirt-pulling-van-persies-red-chelseas-five-penalties

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:47 am

I am very biased being profesionnaly linked to Barcelona. It is a foul, no question. All other pulling are also fouls and should be a penalty. Ref robbed Milan, not Barcelona.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:57 am

Nesta took a risk when he grabbed his shirt and it backfired; when you do something like that you're asking to be punished eventually and as much as I'd love to blame the referee this really isn't that scandalous.

There's no point crying over spilt milk. I'd have loved to see what we could have done had we entered at half time with a 1-1 scoreline, but it's a futile hypothetical, it's time to focus on the Scudetto now and getting something out of this season. I'm still proud of the team, and we can go out with our heads held high.

I just hope that any bickering in the media doesn't last long, as hilarious as Ibra is when he starts blaming anything that moves.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:04 am

Kev wrote:I haven't logged into goallegacy in ages due to academic commitments, but this disgraceful shit just pushed me over the edge sign in and comment.

Same as Thimmy, I woke up this morning and remembered that this game would have been finished. I predicted that Barca would win 2-1 or 3-1, and that controversial (aka incorrect) calls would be made against Milan.

Surprise surprise, I log into this forum and see a few threads about outrageous calls. Just like Thimmy, my heart didn't skip a beat and my eyes didn't blink out of sync.

It's just become downright predictable that Barca gets dubious calls when shit genuinely gets tough. For the past 5 or 6 years, it's always Barca justifying this, explaining that, reasoning their way through this, arguing their way through that. It has NEVER been the opposite case. Never has Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, Arsenal and now Milan had to constantly justify incorrect calls going their way. Never has one particular team in the part half decade consistently had dubious calls go in their favour. You don't hear people talk about Arsenal and UEFA conspiracies do you? You don't listen to rumours about Milan cosying up with UEFA do you? You don't discuss about Chelsea and referee bribery do you? You don't see people talking about Inter cheating in the CL do you? It's always Barca.

If incorrect calls must occur due to legitimate referee errors, then Barca should get 50% of the wrong calls going against them. This is basic probability. But this is never the case, and it's not due to Barca fans taking a higher moral ground and not complaining. Human beings are still human beings. When shit blatantly doesn't go your way, you complain and vent your anger, unless, of course, the end result is still extremely beneficial for you. Club affiliations don't change human nature. In fact, Jiopsi's "Scandal in La Liga Part 243434" threads are just some examples. There are more.

People, in general, can handle defeats when they are comprehensively defeated. They might be angry and frustrated, but at least they know their being unreasonable and normal when their channeling their distress. But people cannot take dubious losses well. The questions of "what ifs", and 'what would have happened if" start to arise. This makes it exceptionally hard to gain closure. England NT fans can attest to that after Lampard's disallowed goal. They may have lost the overall game, but going into the locker room with a score of 2-2 changes the dynamics of the game completely. Sadly, FIFA and UEFA's incompetence couldn't let this happen.

Personally, I would rather lose the CL than win due to unfair circumstances.

Lastly, congratulations to Barca for playing a great game, kudos to Milan for giving a valiant effort, and two thumbs down for the ref for destroying the game.

Because other than Inter, Barca has always won despite unfavourable decisions being given against them. This myth of "barca never had decisions against them" should end once people starts thinking with their brains or being less selective with their eyes.

On top of my head
1) Messi's disallowed goal against Arsenal (1st leg last season)
2) Milito's offside goal (1st leg against Inter)
3) Henry being pulled down, no penalty (Chelsea 1st leg, 50/50)
4) Abidal's red card (Chelsea 2nd leg)
5) Adebayor's double clothsline + Thuggery by pepe and co in the 1st leg (Real Madrid)
6) Sanchez penalty call ( Milan 1st leg, 50/50)
7) Rooney equaliser, giggs his provider was offside ( United, Final)

Just on top of my head, and people here has the gall to say that Barca doesn't have decisions going against them. Unfair circumstances happens to anyone and everyone, only the losers will complain about them, the winner just shug them off and win the trophy...that is human nature

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:08 am

Milan31 wrote:LOL that is embarrassing :facepalm: I can't believe Barca fans still stand by that decision, if this happened to them, there would be riots :lol!:

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 15 Di-FAKQ

..not as embarrassing as this. :facepalm:

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:32 am

Last year Pepe didn't even touch Alves and get sent off for that in the semi Final of CL. This Penalty compared to that red card is nothing.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:37 am

This thread is embarrising.

Penalties all day long and it doesn't even need explaining.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:40 am

Lord Spencer wrote:

Both teams had three shots on goal. Not exactly goals scoring galore from Barca.

uh huh

Barcelona-Ac Milan;Champions league's quarter final second leg. - Page 15 Untitl12
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:09 am

I was glad, as a neutral, that Barcelona, the stronger and more interesting team, won. But I wasn't happy about how they won it. That second penalty was a joke. How often is that type of a penalty EVER given these days??? Ibrahimovic, who I usually dislike, was most correct in saying "if that penalty was given, they should've given mine too." It's a shame. I won't go as far as saying that there's a UEFA conspiracy to bring Barcelona to the final against Real Madrid or whoever, but the fact remains that that second penalty was a joke, and it changed the whole scenario. It's a pity that there's something like that to stain Barcelona's possible title.

A shame that they hired such a ref.

Last edited by rsinatra on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 am

that's just never given in modern football... now they will have to be coherente and start giving penalties every time there is shirt-pulling inside the box..... then we'll have 3 penalties per match.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am

For the neutrals like me the ref really killed the game by awarding that really soft penalty just when Milan looked threatening what was turning into an interesting tie ,i guess its a tough pill to swallow for Milan fans.Rulebook or not ,you just dont see it give often.That eredivisie ref had some real balls to award that penalty.

I have seen Mou's Inter when they won the CL ,on every corner Walter Samuel resorted to shirt pulling and nothing was awarded.And basically what sinatra said.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:31 am

Surag wrote:For the neutrals like me the ref really killed the game by awarding that really soft penalty just when Milan looked threatening what was turning into an interesting tie ,i guess its a tough pill to swallow for Milan fans.Rulebook or not ,you just dont see it give often.That eredivisie ref had some real balls to award that penalty.

I have seen Mou's Inter when they won the CL ,on every corner Walter Samuel resorted to shirt pulling and nothing was awarded.And basically what sinatra said.

exactly, the match was just getting really interesting, then after that and the third goal i stopped watching. the conversation i had with my friend was more competitive than that game had become. Razz

like i said, i dont care if it's in the rulebook.. it's just not something given these days.. now they will have to give it every time.

Last edited by rsinatra on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 am

Le Samourai wrote:If holding is a foul , I repeat for the thousandth time, Ibra had 10 penalty shouts over both legs.

That's in the box , and according to the rules it's a penalty.

At last the truth behind the bias of referees has been exposed, what a shame.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:34 am

Cassius_Case wrote:This thread is embarrising.

Penalties all day long and it doesn't even need explaining.

[CITATION NEEDED]
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am

That was outside the box.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am

rsinatra wrote:
Surag wrote:For the neutrals like me the ref really killed the game by awarding that really soft penalty just when Milan looked threatening what was turning into an interesting tie ,i guess its a tough pill to swallow for Milan fans.Rulebook or not ,you just dont see it give often.That eredivisie ref had some real balls to award that penalty.

exactly, the match was just getting really interesting, then after that and the third goal i stopped watching. the conversation i had with my friend was more competitive than that game had become. Razz

like i said, i dont care if it's in the rulebook.. it's just not something given these days.. now they will have to give it every time.

And third goal was of a lucky deflection.Barca dint play really well at all and i have to say Milan dint take advantage of that to be really honest despite all the dubious decisions given by the Ref.

Plus in game like this ,it was really poor poor defending on Milan's part to concede a penalty like the first one.The whole fault was of mexes and then Antonini with his terrible control in the box.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 am

kiranr wrote:That was outside the box.

was it or was it not?? ibra was complaining about some penalty that wasn't given to him. anyone got a video on that?
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

Surag wrote:
rsinatra wrote:

And third goal was of a lucky deflection.Barca dint play really well at all and i have to say Milan dint take advantage of that to be really honest despite all the dubious decisions given by the Ref.

Plus in game like this ,it was really poor poor defending on Milan's part to concede a penalty like the first one.The whole fault was of mexes and then Antonini with his terrible control in the box.

Thiago Silva was sorely missed.

I don't think Barcelona played badly, but after Milan equalised, it certainly looked even and it could've gone either way. Until the ref stepped in.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next