poolsupporter
donttreadonred
McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newcastle United vs Liverpool |1st April | 13.30 BST kick off | - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle United vs Liverpool |1st April | 13.30 BST kick off |

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:58 pm

There doesn't have to be contact for it to be a red card, that's a moot point.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Newcastle United vs Liverpool |1st April | 13.30 BST kick off | - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle United vs Liverpool |1st April | 13.30 BST kick off |

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Well... these games don't matter that much since a top-4 spot has been gone for a while now, but six defeats in seven league games is just embarassing. Here's to hoping we will salvage some pride in the remaining games. Aston Villa at Anfield should be the perfect occasion to start that....
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Perch flopped worse than Carroll. However, it was still an aggressive act, and can still be a legit Red Card. Reina was understandably frustrated, but he could've dealt with it in a better way. It's immaterial now. We aren't appealing. Doni will be in goal. Hopefully, he can do the job we bought him for.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MGNRomulus Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:11 pm

that is were the inconsistency of referees and linesmen comes in.

there doesn't have to be contact to be a red card because the intent is there, that i can understand. so ill give 2 examples and lets see what you think.

Pepe Reina: intent of headbutting a player - Straight red card.

about a season back (possibly 2) Wayne Rooney: deliberately jumps 2 footed tackle high in to the air (not even exaggerating), as high as the opponents knee, also no contact, but worthy of only a yellow card.

if you want to avoid arguments like this, the referees and linesmen have to be consistent. one person favouring a player or team more than the other is a joke.

i know the decision has been made and theres nothing that can be done, it just grinds me to know that nothing will happen to Perch for the fall he took to get a fellow professional sent off. much like the tackle Cabaye did on Spearing the previous time these 2 teams matched up (possible leg breaking challenge, no card).

the league is becoming a joke, and the fact that Sepp Blatter still honestly believes that goal line technology, review system (the cricket thing) isn't needed in football makes you think what direction its going in to.

if what donttreadonred says is true and we aren't appealing, when will Pepe be returning?

MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 pm

After the FA Cup semi-final.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 am

As far as I know, it's just a standard 3-game ban, right?

So that means he misses Aston Villa, Blackburn and Everton (FA Cup). He's back for West Brom.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:14 am

S'what I said, bunny bread.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:35 pm

If that was a sending off then the way Krul grabbed Mcclean when we played them was defo a red.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:07 am

Dempsey vs Bellamy is another.

But whatever.

Kenny needs to offload half the "players" at the club.

Not one player has played football after that Arsenal defeat, they look like they don't even want to be on the pitch ffs. Well, bar that Everton game.......
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

i think your in a similar position as Bilbao, your not getting the results in the League but since you know you've already booked yourselves an EL qualifying spot, your just waiting for the league to end so that you can start from scratch next season

also Lucas will be back then, i personally think injuries to your best players screwed you up, if say Downing got injured or Henderson nobody would give a flying damn because they aren't really that integral to the way you play and them not playing wouldn't affect your overall play

but instead you've had Gerrard, Lucas, Glen, Dagger, Suarez away for long period of time for various reasons thats a big chunk of your core players right there, its hard to actually be consistent when the core is away all the time and you have to make do with Wolves-calibre players

i honestly think one midfielder(Granero) and one striker(Hunteelar) would make you complete and a pretty competitive bench as well to keep the starting players sharp #mytwocents
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:43 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:i think your in a similar position as Bilbao, your not getting the results in the League but since you know you've already booked yourselves an EL qualifying spot, your just waiting for the league to end so that you can start from scratch next season

also Lucas will be back then, i personally think injuries to your best players screwed you up, if say Downing got injured or Henderson nobody would give a flying damn because they aren't really that integral to the way you play and them not playing wouldn't affect your overall play

but instead you've had Gerrard, Lucas, Glen, Dagger, Suarez away for long period of time for various reasons thats a big chunk of your core players right there, its hard to actually be consistent when the core is away all the time and you have to make do with Wolves-calibre players

i honestly think one midfielder(Granero) and one striker(Hunteelar) would make you complete and a pretty competitive bench as well to keep the starting players sharp #mytwocents

:bow: appreciate the optimism and nuance, and agree with most of it. I think we could use a scoring winger along side those two spots you named as well.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:55 pm

I hope you are all happy, thanks to Reina's big forehead..... Perch is now injured Mad

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I hope you are all happy, thanks to Reina's big forehead..... Perch is now injured Mad

Spoiler:
:lol!:

You mean thanks to Perch being so scared of Reina's enormous forehead he threw himself to the ground, resulting in an injury.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm willing to bet that was the only WC CB impersonation Perch had in him. HE would most likely score an own-goal to make up for it in the next match. Won't Colo be back anyway?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I hope you are all happy, thanks to Reina's big forehead..... Perch is now injured Mad

Spoiler:
:lol!:

You mean thanks to Perch being so scared of Reina's enormous forehead he threw himself to the ground, resulting in an injury.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm willing to bet that was the only WC CB impersonation Perch had in him. HE would most likely score an own-goal to make up for it in the next match. Won't Colo be back anyway?

Perch has been brilliant for over a month now believe it or not and Colo probably wont be back in time.....

If Perch isnt fit then Simpson will play at CB No BTW Smash those Toffee's eco smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Perch has been brilliant for over a month now believe it or not and Colo probably wont be back in time.....

If Perch isnt fit then Simpson will play at CB No BTW Smash those Toffee's eco smile
Good point about Perch. He has been relatively solid. I can't see Simpson doing too well at CB, though.

And, I would love for us to help you get into Europe Mole. Here's hoping Doni (and the rest of the squad for that matter) is up to the challenge.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Now James facking Perch is having a dig at us in his interview

:"It's Liverpool fans after all, so I ain't surprised"

You know you are f*cked, when James Perch, and I repeat James *bleep* Perch tries to mock you

Back to top Go down

Post by alumley Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Perch is a girl for going down the way he did. Accept the red card for intent but it is another level of unsportmanly conduct the way Perch went down especially after he tripped Pepe.

How does the bastard sleep at night?

While we didnt deserve to win, the Perch thing was so unnecesary.
alumley
alumley
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 am

Schweini wrote:Now James facking Perch is having a dig at us in his interview

:"It's Liverpool fans after all, so I ain't surprised"

You know you are f*cked, when James Perch, and I repeat James *bleep* Perch tries to mock you

He's been playing infront of geordies week in week out. I guess he's adapted to their ways.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2