Le Samourai
Ganso
Bellabong
che
VivaStPauli
LeBéninois
18 posters

Go down

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Empty Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup

Post by LeBéninois Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 pm

The FIFA president, Joseph Blatter is already in Brazil for a meeting with president Dilma Rousseff.

They will try to iron out a confused scenario. FIFA has a commercial agreement with Budweiser. So, Bud is sold at FIFA World Cup games. However, in order to put a damper on hooligan violence at soccer games, Brazil has long prohibited the sale of any alcoholic beverages in its stadiums. When Brazil presented itself as a candidate for the 2014 World Cup it agreed to allow the sale of alcoholic beverages during the games known as Agreement #8.

The problem is that the law prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages in Brazilian stadiums has to be changed by Congress. In order to make the change, Brazil has drawn up specific legislation for the World Cup, which is known as the General law of the World Cup.

There was confusion about the General Law in the Chamber of Deputies meeting when the executive branch told Congress that Agreement #8 did not exist. Party leaders under pressure than changed the wording in the General Law to prohibit the sale of alcohol.

Then, deputy Vicente Candido, the man responsible for the wording of the General Law revealed that there had been a misunderstanding, that there was an Agreement #8 and that he would change the wording in the General Law allowing the sale of alcoholic beverages in Brazilian stadiums during the World Cup.

The General Law still has to go to a vote.

there will be alcohol sold in the stadium in 2014 . i would like to know if alcoholics beverages are sold in Cup like Euro or in some country etcc
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Empty Re: Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm confused - will there be beer, or Budweiser? :X
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Empty Re: Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup

Post by che Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:17 pm

why was this even an issue in the first place? NOT selling beer during games should be illegal :coffee:

then again, there was no issue about fermented urine so i don't know what the problem with budweiser was...?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Because a ridiculously high percentage of violence can be attributed to alcohol, and hooliganism is a legitimate problem.

Budweiser = the water leftover from dishwashing.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Phritz wrote:Because a ridiculously high percentage of violence can be attributed to alcohol, and hooliganism is a legitimate problem.

I think that violence will normally occur in club football,but international football is another story imo,unless there are games like brazil vs argentina,but even then i think nothing serious would happen
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I am so :vagi: by this.

Fine I guess we'll have to smuggle Sangria into the stadium.

Edit: Misread the title Chaka

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Phritz wrote:Because a ridiculously high percentage of violence can be attributed to alcohol, and hooliganism is a legitimate problem.

If there's something us Brits and Germans agree on its our hatred of the dog water known as "Budweiser" cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Beer in general is dog water IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:10 pm

bottles of bud won't be a big deal. even the average person will need to drink about 15 bottles to get drunk
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:22 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Beer in general is dog water IMO.

So it's a Strawberry Virgin Margerita for the lady, then? :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

To quote Xabi

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Large
Madrid. Sunny. Terrace. Cafe con hielo, por favor.
[/quote]
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 pm

I thought the big hoopla about this was the percentage of revenue between FIFA and Brazil... heh.

aslong as alcohol is flowing who cares?? heh.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Everything thats not produced under the "Bavarian Purity Law" shouldn't be called beer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

If there's something us Brits and Germans agree on its our hatred of the dog water known as "Budweiser" cheers

I always wondered the hate for Busweiser untill I tried it

its basically glorified water
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:

To quote Xabi

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Large
Madrid. Sunny. Terrace. Cafe con hielo, por favor.
[/quote]

F*** Xabi and his sunny terraces.

Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Leiden_winter
Having a beer on a frozen canal FTW
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm a Budweiser virgin and darn proud of it

Stella Artois all the way Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Love0010
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Also, gotta love Blatter. Dealing with the important elements of football issues first. Who cares if an offside goal relegates a team, bankrupts them financially and forces the club to liquidate its assets when all that matters is if Brazil sell £3 piss beer in a paper cup at the next WC
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Lex wrote:I'm a Budweiser virgin and darn proud of it

Stella Artois all the way Brazil will allow sale of alcoholic beverages at World Cup Love0010

Stella is my fav...

OT
i think it should be limited, like putting stamps on people's ticket who buy beer, not allow more than 4 per game....
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Ganso wrote: I think that violence will normally occur in club football,but international football is another story imo,unless there are games like brazil vs argentina,but even then i think nothing serious would happen

Yeah NT supporters are much milder. I doubt there would be problems even in an Argentina - Brazil.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:04 am

I dont get any of this bs!

Not drinking alcohol at a stadium :facepalm:

Hooliganism increases because people drink :facepalm:

Horse piss aka Budweiser being called beer :facepalm: :brickwall: :facepalm:
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:32 am

it is illegal to drink alcohol in stadiums here in brazil :vagi:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Magnificent, now all the northerners from England are going to go, get pissed and start fights and make us all look like idiots.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:31 am

This is a big issue in Brazil, because alcohol sale at football stadiums is otherwise forbidden in our country.

So, why allow it just during the WC? Does it mean that the foreign, wealthier people that'll be the majority of the audience is more well behaved than the Brazilians themselves? It's okay for them to drink during that one month, and then afterwards we won't be allowed to again? It's a lack of respect to the people imho.

I do believe that alcohol SHOULD be allowed in general, with some restrictions (e.g. in Danish stadiums they sell beer with a lower percentage of alcohol - I think), because people go out at half time and drink anyway, if they don't come drunk already. It's like marijuana, etc. Forbidding it is not making anything better, really.

I don't know if this has worked in other countries. Bu in Brazil we still have fights here and then. Just last week a 21-year-old kid died in a post-match fight between fans outside the stadium. So is it really helping?

Either way, we did sign the *bleep* thing some years ago, so it would also look incoherent if we changed our minds. That just goes to show the tip of this iceberg-ish mess that is the WC in Brazil.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:56 am

Doesn't make any difference to me personally because where I live in it has always been allowed.

I don't care much for hosting a WC either. Too much room for embezzlement, too many costs and its social and economics benefits are extremely overrated. It serves mostly as a national morale booster and a very expensive one at that, lol.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down