Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

+99
Vlad the Impaler
chad4401
Collblanc
TheRedStag
barca 2011
Gomez83
SaintJoe
aleumdance
Cassius
boss
♠Ace
Brady2Moss
Abramovich
ronalessi
matpol
Jack Daniels
Cotes
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
FalcaoPunch
white_star
Doc
vivabarca38
V
billy_gr
ToEy
S
McLewis
Albiceleste
nandrolona
Jeps33178
juventus101
Swanhends
ELO
Mr. Festim
Yuri Yukuv
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Mr_Puyol
halamadrid2
johndear
Red Alert
punkfusion1992
Milan31
Pedram
LeSwagg James
Seppuku
la bestia negra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Margera
Tigole
RED
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
Aensensen
che
hrealmadrid
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
RealGunner
REWB
manlio
H.A.
Omniscient
S32TABLANCA
Funkentelechy
Die Borussen
Tomwin Lannister
Babun
ioilersrock448
Adit
Onyx
Bellabong
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
guest7
stunt
BarcaLearning
StevieRayVaughan
Rebaño Sagrado
phenom
Grande_Milano
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
McAgger
Lord Awesome
rwo power
free_cat
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
Zealous
zarola
huntsman
the xcx
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
izzy
The Messiah
103 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 26 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm

"Uli Hoeness, Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Oliver Kahn and Ottmar Hitzfeld say that Madrid are not a great side, that Bayern are stronger, and that we have a complex with the 'dark beast'.

thats' bullshit, none of them said Madrid is not a great side. They only say that Madrid is, in comparison to Barca, beatable.

BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 26 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 am

who's ready for the Madrid pawnage tomorrow? I know I am. Heart

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:24 am

Big talks from Rema-Reed fans.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am

Can't wait.. Going to wake up right at kick off.. LOL

Chaka
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 26 Empty Madrid needs Help

Post by huntsman Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 am

This is one of the games that wouldve been better to be played at home first; just like tottenham last season, bayern is a team that's very eager to win the champions league. The match has already been blown out of proportions and the advantage that Madrid had (because they are a better team on paper) has been lost because of all the hype.

The damage must be reduced now that the game will be played at the Allianz Arena. Madrid should show character and they should strike quick. efficiency is really required here and only players with balls should be lined up for the start-up; Granero and Di Maria should be benched, Kaka should start or at least play one full half preferably the second if he's not going to start and play 70% of the game. Madrid never loses when Kaka starts so i am all with starting Kaka ahead of the other secondary players like di maria and Granero. Normally i would say bench Ozil but Ozil in this match and since its against a german side might prove to be pivotal.

If Madrid players are going to slack or show any weakness in character Madrid will lose. It is very important for the players to be motivated and to show a strong character. They have to go as gladiators and fight to earn a win not a draw, not a loss.

Madrid has very important players who can score but efficiency is required and regrets wont mean anything. Referee this referee that, all this wont mean nothing cause no one cares and such is the game.

Fight fight fight until the end. Ronaldo is pivotal just like Kaka is, and he also needs to show character and not be easily bullied by Bayern players.

It will be a tough match because its a knock out match and because the opposition are really eager to win, they belive they are just about as good as Madrid which they almost are, and they believe they can win this tie which they could. Moreover, Madrid believes and knows that Bayern can cause them trouble which is the truth. The power that transcends is with the Germans and that's what dangerous.

They believe they can win, they believe they desrve it, they are motivated and they are very good, madrid believes they should win because they are a better team overall and in general but they also respect their opponents and know they are capable of toppling them and winning the CL.

The paragraph above explains why this tie is going to be very close and that's why Madrid needs help. Madrid needs its senior players to be at their best and luck on their side. It also explains why individual talents and moments of magic and not team work will be the decisive factor.

It is very important that Madrid draws or wins or at least scores in the first leg because they have been conceding alot at home.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 am

huntsman recognizes Ozil for once!! [even though the reason was because the opposition are german Razz ]

Kaka may not start but he most probably will get minutes. We'll find out before the match. Even if he doesn't start this match he'll start on the weekend I assume.

Indeed this will be a tight game and I don't believe anyone are favorites. Hopefully the team will put it all out on the field Very Happy
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:"Uli Hoeness, Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Oliver Kahn and Ottmar Hitzfeld say that Madrid are not a great side, that Bayern are stronger, and that we have a complex with the 'dark beast'.

thats' bullshit, none of them said Madrid is not a great side. They only say that Madrid is, in comparison to Barca, beatable.

The interview according to RealMadrid.com:

"I haven't made any changes at the club. I've just helped change, with the help of the players, the fact that Real Madrid hadn't reached this far in the Champions League for many years, and this is our second consecutive semifinal and we've only lost one of our last 22 games in the competition. We have to take a step further to reach the final."

"The greatest praise for a team is to say it plays like a true team, and that's what I think of Bayern Munchen. I think they are a great side with some players who are more special than others, like on all other great teams. Bayern are an optimum side that grew with Van Gaal some time ago and that plays phenomenal football now with Heynckes. They have the right to believe they'll reach the final."

"I have no doubts regarding the lineup I'll use tomorrow. I know who will play, who will be on the bench and who will watch the game from the stands. I've worked a lot on this match and I have no doubts. I usually like to be sure about the lineup before going to sleep the night before a match. I've already made my decision."

"Webb is a solid referee with great experience in this sort of game. We just expect him to do a good job and to make the right decisions. Our players will help in everything they can, but sometimes dubious penalties are awarded and may cost a team a defeat."

"I will not reveal anything regarding the lineup. I am well aware of who Kaka is and of his good performances in Champions League matches. It wouldn't be intelligent on my part not to use a player with such virtues. I count on Lass this season and the next. He wasn't called-up for the clash against Valencia and was free to do whatever he wanted."

"Equalling the goal record in La Liga isn't what's most important to me, but it is a beautiful thing and it proves the team wants to give spectacle and win every game. Let's hope this translates into winning a title this season."

"The opinion of men of football is more important than mine. Hoeness, Beckenbauer and others believe they are favourites and that we will be weary of them. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

"Numbers from previous meetings between both sides say nothing to me. Bayern have the motivation of maybe playing the final at their stadium and we're motivated to be in the semifinals a second straight year. I'm not worried about what happened between both teams in the past."

"UEFA handle security very well and I'm sure they'll have firefighters around to put out the hell we may experience in Munich. We should only focus on playing the game and Webb on officiating it. Bayern will play from the heart, but they also play good football. They have good players and the match, though tactical, will be good."
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:"Uli Hoeness, Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Oliver Kahn and Ottmar Hitzfeld say that Madrid are not a great side, that Bayern are stronger, and that we have a complex with the 'dark beast'.

"I haven't made any changes at the club. I've just helped change, with the help of the players, the fact that Real Madrid hadn't reached this far in the Champions League for many years, and this is our second consecutive semifinal and we've only lost one of our last 22 games in the competition. We have to take a step further to reach the final."

"The greatest praise for a team is to say it plays like a true team, and that's what I think of Bayern Munchen. I think they are a great side with some players who are more special than others, like on all other great teams. Bayern are an optimum side that grew with Van Gaal some time ago and that plays phenomenal football now with Heynckes. They have the right to believe they'll reach the final."

"I have no doubts regarding the lineup I'll use tomorrow. I know who will play, who will be on the bench and who will watch the game from the stands. I've worked a lot on this match and I have no doubts. I usually like to be sure about the lineup before going to sleep the night before a match. I've already made my decision."

"Webb is a solid referee with great experience in this sort of game. We just expect him to do a good job and to make the right decisions. Our players will help in everything they can, but sometimes dubious penalties are awarded and may cost a team a defeat."

"I will not reveal anything regarding the lineup. I am well aware of who Kaka is and of his good performances in Champions League matches. It wouldn't be intelligent on my part not to use a player with such virtues. I count on Lass this season and the next. He wasn't called-up for the clash against Valencia and was free to do whatever he wanted."

"Equalling the goal record in La Liga isn't what's most important to me, but it is a beautiful thing and it proves the team wants to give spectacle and win every game. Let's hope this translates into winning a title this season."

"The opinion of men of football is more important than mine. Hoeness, Beckenbauer and others believe they are favourites and that we will be weary of them. We'll see what happens tomorrow."

"Numbers from previous meetings between both sides say nothing to me. Bayern have the motivation of maybe playing the final at their stadium and we're motivated to be in the semifinals a second straight year. I'm not worried about what happened between both teams in the past."

"UEFA handle security very well and I'm sure they'll have firefighters around to put out the hell we may experience in Munich. We should only focus on playing the game and Webb on officiating it. Bayern will play from the heart, but they also play good football. They have good players and the match, though tactical, will be good."

"Hoeneß, Rummenigge, Kahn, Hitzfeld, Beckenbauer - all diese Leute, die ich sehr schätze, haben davon gesprochen, dass Real Madrid keine so tolle Mannschaft hätte und der FC Bayern Favorit sei. Dann ist es wohl so. Meine Meinung ist uninteressant", sagte Mourinho nach der Ankunft der Königlichen im München am späten Montagnachmittag.

Dass diese Herren Real Madrid unisono als herausragende Mannschaft bezeichneten und insbesondere Rummenigge die Favoritenrolle den Königlichen aufoktroyierte, drang offenbar nicht bis zu Mourinho durch.

maybe RWO can translate the last sentence for me Smile
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:39 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

"Hoeneß, Rummenigge, Kahn, Hitzfeld, Beckenbauer - all diese Leute, die ich sehr schätze, haben davon gesprochen, dass Real Madrid keine so tolle Mannschaft hätte und der FC Bayern Favorit sei. Dann ist es wohl so. Meine Meinung ist uninteressant", sagte Mourinho nach der Ankunft der Königlichen im München am späten Montagnachmittag.

Dass diese Herren Real Madrid unisono als herausragende Mannschaft bezeichneten und insbesondere Rummenigge die Favoritenrolle den Königlichen aufoktroyierte, drang offenbar nicht bis zu Mourinho durch.

Because Mou usually gives his press conferences in German, thus it's the most accurate version? Smile

FYI: The press conference was given in English...
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:43 am

@Bayern: Well, I would take that with a grain of salt as the German text is most likely a translation from English which is not Mou's first language either, while he originally got the quotes he refers to translated from German, possibly via English (or maybe via Spanish when one of the Spanish tabloids got their hands on them) as well. Cross-language translation can do the wildest things Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ♠Ace Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:48 am

I will likely miss this Sad Sad
final exam, y u gotta do me like this?

♠Ace
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:06 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
paperbackwriter wrote:

Because Mou usually gives his press conferences in German, thus it's the most accurate version? Smile

FYI: The press conference was given in English...

The german quote of Mourinho has the same meaning as the english one posted by you.
But the last sentence says, that all of Hoeneß,Rummenigge,Kahn,Hitzfeld and Beckenbauer stressed that Real Madrid is an outstanding team, and that Rummenigge always said that Real Madrid are clear favorites for this clash. And that it seems like Mourinho didn't got these statements right.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:12 am

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:But the last sentence says, that all of Hoeneß,Rummenigge,Kahn,Hitzfeld and Beckenbauer stressed that Real Madrid is an outstanding team, and that Rummenigge always said that Real Madrid are clear favorites for this clash. And that it seems like Mourinho didn't got these statements right.
That's what I meant - Mou doesn't speak German, so he has to rely on getting translated quotes. And you bet that Spanish magazines like their sensationalism just like the German (or English) ones and so probably "translate" stuff as they see fit so that they can have a nice headline and wind people up.

BTW, things get even worse if people rely on machine translations as these can sometimes omit negatives and thus turn statements and sentences into the exact opposite. It's quite funny, actually, but can be dangerous when people take this at face value.

Just compare the Hoeness quote you posted: "He is a self-promoter with an extraordinary penchant for megalomania. This did not change anything" with a proper translation: "He was a show-off with an extraordinary tendency for megalomania. So far nothing changed about this."

The last sentence conveys a totally different meaning in the machine translation.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 am

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 26 T78
They'll decide the game tonight eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Tonight we walk into the valley of death to meet the black beast, we either come back proud and victorious or we will be soulless bodies.

Marcello will be the key.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:13 pm

There is a second leg lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Depending on the scoreline, the 2nd leg might not be all that important...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Three good articles from goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3039195/di-maria-instead-of-robben-gomez-ahead-of-benzema-how-many Combined XI of Bayern - RM. The first one is the best on paper, the second one is meh. Kroos over Schweinsteiger? Which combined XI would you choose?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3041270/masters-of-minnows-bayern-match-gives-real-madrid-the-chance good article about Madrid's chance to prove that they are not just flat track bullies.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3039671/who-is-the-better-goalkeeper-neuer-v-casillas-head-to-head Neuer vs Casillas, comparision.

Finally some decent job by goal.com.

Tonight it will end in draw :coffee:
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Doc wrote:Depending on the scoreline, the 2nd leg might not be all that important...
Are you being optimistic or pessimistic? i'm unable to figure you out eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Bayern should be wary of Ronaldo and Di Maria the most..serial divers! Those two will not hesisate to go down at the slightest breeze. Laughing

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
Doc wrote:Depending on the scoreline, the 2nd leg might not be all that important...
Are you being optimistic or pessimistic? i'm unable to figure you out eco smile

Mostly optimistic...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

matpol wrote:Three good articles from goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3039195/di-maria-instead-of-robben-gomez-ahead-of-benzema-how-many Combined XI of Bayern - RM. The first one is the best on paper, the second one is meh. Kroos over Schweinsteiger? Which combined XI would you choose?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3041270/masters-of-minnows-bayern-match-gives-real-madrid-the-chance good article about Madrid's chance to prove that they are not just flat track bullies.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/17/3039671/who-is-the-better-goalkeeper-neuer-v-casillas-head-to-head Neuer vs Casillas, comparision.

Finally some decent job by goal.com.

Tonight it will end in draw :coffee:

Casillas

Lahm - Ramos - Pepe - Marcelo

Alonso - Schweinsteiger

Ozil

Robben - Ronaldo - Ribery

:notbad:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 pm

I'd take Di Maria over Robben every day all day

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 pm

I would as well but not because Di Maria is better, Angelito just has more hustle than Robben which would help when defending.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Lahm do your thing Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:Bayern should be wary of Ronaldo and Di Maria the most..serial divers! Those two will not hesisate to go down at the slightest breeze. Laughing

:bow:

This is very funny but I must say it is true!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next