The Franchise
7amood11
jibers
82 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 6 Empty Re: Xavi vs Pirlo

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:18 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Pirlo on top of his game for 8 years? sorry but thats rubbish..... he declined massively between 2007 and 2011.... yes he came back to the top this season but before then he fell well below his usual level..... i mean f*cking Alonso bossed him twice in that period.

BTW Ronaldinho is still considered a legend despite only being at the top for 3 years max.... I am sorry this is all rubbish to put Xavi down.

Fact is Xavi has won everything there is to win in football and being the brain's of that success as well not like he was tagging along others success he was one of the main reasons Spain and Barca won so much....

Have'nt Madrid fans been saying the last few seasons they cant wait till Xavi retires? enough said...

Also last time i checked 25% of 22 years is'nt 4 years Laughing

Also Iniesta has been WC for less time than Xavi has so well done for contradicting yourself Thumbs up

Xavi and Pirlo are both 2 of the best regista's to ever play the game anyone that puts such a massive gap between the two is quite frankly a fanboy.

What Ronaldinho did in that 3 years Xavi can't do in 30. The man reached another level from the others in 2004-2006.

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:23 am

Kizu wrote:

What Ronaldinho did in that 3 years Xavi can't do in 30. The man reached another level from the others in 2004-2006.

Xavi's winners medals says differently Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:30 am

Xavi is a football legend too no doubt about that.

He is better than Pirlo imo, Xavi has taken the passing to another level.

Xavi has been second best player after Messi for arguably best team ever, definitely shows his quality.

He has won more than Pirlo,almost twice more. I dont know when was the last time some one completely owned him in the last four years..while Pirlo has had many meh matches during his last Milan years.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 am

The thing is, when wc players change teams and still dominate, they take a whole new dimension for me. Zidane, pirlo, cr7, etc. heck, i had my doubts about henry until he went to barca and had that good first year.

Given nt and club success, i'll redact my statement. Xavi is a legend already. He's done it on multiple stages and for long enough.

Can't say i get really excited thinking about xavi though. Pirlo was like that for me too u til he went to juve and redominated. Just one of those personal thing.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

Just to point something out: The amount of trophies a player has won does not accurately reflect how good he is. I mean, Llorente has a World Cup medal.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:45 am

sportsczy wrote:The thing is, when wc players change teams and still dominate, they take a whole new dimension for me. Zidane, pirlo, cr7, etc. heck, i had my doubts about henry until he went to barca and had that good first year.

Given nt and club success, i'll redact my statement. Xavi is a legend already. He's done it on multiple stages and for long enough.

Can't say i get really excited thinking about xavi though. Pirlo was like that for me too u til he went to juve and redominated. Just one of those personal thing.

Henry's first year is widely regarded as a flop...

Anyways if you think that a player needs to move that's on you. Football logic disagrees with you and there are plenty of cases of legends staying in 1 club and still being rightfully regarded as legends (Pele, Yashin, Maldini, etc).

Maybe you should watch the 6-2 again, which might be his best performance ever. I know I get excited about thinking about it, although I can see why you might not find his exploits exciting.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 am

7amood11 wrote:Just to point something out: The amount of trophies a player has won does not accurately reflect how good he is. I mean, Llorente has a World Cup medal.
Yes it does. Champions win trophies. While I agree with you that some players having some medals is ridiculous, if you're an integral part of the team throughout the entire competition then it says that player has everything it needs to succeed.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Pirlo is a football legend

Xavi is a Barca legend.

'nuf said.

i loled... hard... not only the post, the possitive votes too
ninja edit... I just saw the revised statement
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Just to point something out: The amount of trophies a player has won does not accurately reflect how good he is. I mean, Llorente has a World Cup medal.
Yes it does. Champions win trophies. While I agree with you that some players having some medals is ridiculous, if you're an integral part of the team throughout the entire competition then it says that player has everything it needs to succeed.

No, not necessarily. Buffon is a champion and is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in history, yet he's never won a Champions League.You don't have to win trophies to be a champion.

That's why I said that the amount of trophies you have doesn't accurately reflect how good you are.

I do agree with that part though.

Last edited by 7amood11 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:58 am

and we all know how important llorente was at WC.

completely different story with xavi since he was key in almost every title he has
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

So im clear on this.......Pirlo gets extra credit because Milan didnt want him anymore?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:So im clear on this.......Pirlo gets extra credit because Milan didnt want him anymore?

Is that directed at me? Because I didn't even remotely imply that.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The thing is, when wc players change teams and still dominate, they take a whole new dimension for me. Zidane, pirlo, cr7, etc. heck, i had my doubts about henry until he went to barca and had that good first year.

Henry's first year is widely regarded as a flop...

Anyways if you think that a player needs to move that's on you. Football logic disagrees with you and there are plenty of cases of legends staying in 1 club and still being rightfully regarded as legends (Pele, Yashin, Maldini, etc).

Maybe you should watch the 6-2 again, which might be his best performance ever. I know I get excited about thinking about it, although I can see why you might not find his exploits exciting.

Messi, Scholes, etc. are exceptions. They just outclass(ed) everyone by a margin. Henry was absolute meh with France NT, which is why i never rated him. Besides, Henry was old when he went to Barca and maybe he was considered a flop by Barca standards... but he had 17 goals and 11 assists followed by 24 goals and 11 assists for Barca after the age of 30.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:05 pm

7amood11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:So im clear on this.......Pirlo gets extra credit because Milan didnt want him anymore?

Is that directed at me? Because I didn't even remotely imply that.

Nope not you.

Those who think, Pirlo is better because he "proved himself" (whatever that means) at another club.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:08 pm

No. He gets kudos for reaching goatness again at the age of 33 with a different team. It also shows that Milan were complete idiots on this one. Can you think of many players that managed to reach WC level again after the age of 32?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:11 pm

No I cant..but I can think of loads of great players players who didnt completely fall off for 3, 4 years at some point in time so they have to get back to that level.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:14 pm

7amood11 wrote:No, not necessarily. Buffon is a champion and is regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in history, yet he's never won a Champions League.You don't have to win trophies to be a champion.

That's why I said that the amount of trophies you have doesn't accurately reflect how good you are.
Buffon won titles though. And yes being a champion = winning trophies. it's the definition of the word.

Also, I understand you on the green part, but how does that relate to a conversation about Xavi, a footballer who has won absolutely everything?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Riquelme is also 33 and playing at his best level, he, like Pirlo, has also returned from a slump in form. He's currently the holder of the league title with Boca which he won undefeated and has maintained Boca alive in 3 competitions, reaching a final in the first Copa Argentina, semis in Copa Libertadores (won the first leg 2-0 with a great performance, so he has a foot in the final) and is still the favorite to win the league. Some think him to be the best player in South America right now. Boca's chances of winning a treble are also high.

Is he better than Xavi too?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:No I cant..but I can think of loads of great players players who didnt completely fall off for 3, 4 years at some point in time so they have to get back to that level.

His fall off had a ton to do with Gattuso and Seedorf dropping massive class. He couldn't carry the midfield himself. Opponents would attack Pirlo and force the others to make the plays. Allegri's hiring made it even worse. Imagine if Xavi had to play with Gattuso and Seedorf when they were old lol.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Riquelme is also 33 and playing at his best level, he, like Pirlo, has also returned from a slump in form. He's currently the holder of the league title with Boca which he won undefeated and has maintained Boca alive in 3 competitions, reaching a final in the first Copa Argentina, semis in Copa Libertadores (won the first leg 2-0 with a great performance, so he has a foot in the final) and is still the favorite to win the league. Some think him to be the best player in South America right now. Boca's chances of winning a treble are also high.

Is he better than Xavi too?

You're going to compare the Argentinian league with Serie A... no offense, but please.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Barca Fans know Pirlo is better...
so they start stray from the argument & started saying about what they have won...
We can not compare 2 players that play in different league on what they won...
Xavi should be happy he always had players like Messi, Ronaldhino, Eto'o & Henry to make him look good!
Pirlo makes team & other players look good! example, Kaka & Shevcenko
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:52 pm

Being a champions isn't only about winning trophies. To be a REAL CHAMPION you need attitude of a champion. Xavi doesn't have that.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks for the laugh. What exactly is lacking from his attitude? He's incredibly competitive.

Also Sports I wasn't equating Seria A to the argentine league, but rather the way the argument for Pirlo is made. Also, I'd argue that the later stages of the Libertadores are of superior quality than Serie A in its current state, which is not what it used to be.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:27 pm

When xavi is at his best barca and spain are almost unstoppable in all the top competitions!

Spain won Euro's and World Cup looking good to win another Euro's for the triple which hasn't been done before, that can only be done with the attitude of a champion.

Last edited by Gemini on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:41 pm

When I said attitude of a champions, I meant character, which he lacks.

'Mourinho won't go down in football history'
'Madrid's players bad losers, animals'
'Inter won the champions league, but nobody talks about them'
'Real Madrid lack respect towards Barcelona'

This man is a REAL CHAMPION :

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp_4o19Ymm4iAMuH15FnQOyXb5kBVSxLXUfyx2wIYZdc98WA-iEyaO_A19eQ
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 pm

Kizu wrote:When I said attitude of a champions, I meant character, which he lacks.

'Mourinho won't go down in football history'
'Madrid's players bad losers, animals'
'Inter won the champions league, but nobody talks about them'
'Real Madrid lack respect towards Barcelona'

This man is a REAL CHAMPION :

Xavi vs Pirlo - Page 6 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp_4o19Ymm4iAMuH15FnQOyXb5kBVSxLXUfyx2wIYZdc98WA-iEyaO_A19eQ

dat champions respect :bow:
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next