M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer

+4
Adit
Zealous
Mr Nick09
Onyx
8 posters

Go down

M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer Empty M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm

"Yann M'Vila won't be a Stade Rennais player next season," Antonetti revealed to Radio Monte Carlo.

His Rennes team-mate, Kader Mangane, also told Goal.com in that month that the youngster "will join Real Madrid or Arsenal next summer".

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2012/03/12/2962724/arsenal-real-madrid-target-yann-mvila-will-leave-rennes-this

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer Empty Re: M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer Empty Re: M'Vila will join Real Madrid or Arsenal in the Summer

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:53 pm

He's all yours Arsenal.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Thing is whenever i watched him i wasnt really impressed with his ball technique.He sits deep and plays alot of long ball.A player who sits deep isnt needed in madrid when xabi is here imo,wont work.

btw i have been scouting Javi Garcia for a while now and i will say Javi has better passing,ball technique and is tall,strong,pretty good on one on one and can play CB also.

If we are going to bring a pure DM in madrid my choice will be Javi Garcia.A poor mans busquets with much better strenght and CB ability bar the possession keeping aspect.Busquets and Javi both have around same pace.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Alonso's getting on a bit now imo. We need a pure DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm

i haven't been that impressed with mvila aswell, i prefer promoting coqulin as he has a better future and is more talented imo. but we havent got a proper solid DM at the club maybe thats why wenger want mvila.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 pm

mtfootball wrote:Alonso's getting on a bit now imo. We need a pure DM.

As long as we have Alonso, a pure DM will not make us a better side.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:58 pm

What's wrong with Sahin replacing Alonso?

hmm
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

As long as we have Alonso, a pure DM will not make us a better side.

It's arguable that as long as we are not playing in the 90's a pure DM will not make us a better side.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah pure DMs are waste of space now days for top teams,no one really plays with NO 10's which was DMs target lol.Give me total footballers any day.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:01 pm

lenear1030 wrote:

What's wrong with Sahin replacing Alonso?

hmm

Sahin can play CM instead of DLP. Which means we can then play a pure DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 pm

Adit wrote:Yeah pure DMs are waste of space now days for top teams,no one really plays with NO 10's which was DMs target lol.Give me total footballers any day.
not true imo, if we had Sahin starting, signing M'vila would sound like a great idea. If we had someone like Banega, THiago and a playmaking CM that can drive forward, we would need a DM to protect the back 4. It's only because of ALonso that we dont need him, and so far, it doesnt look like Sahin has a future with us.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Thing is I'd rather have a CM instead of a DLP. And by having a CM the safe option would be to have a DM behind him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm

OK so you have a DM but who is this DM targeting though?

Who is he picking up?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:05 pm

mtfootball wrote:Thing is I'd rather have a CM instead of a DLP. And by having a CM the safe option would be to have a DM behind him.
DLP is a role not a position. Sahin is a CM who plays a DLP role, that's his style. You have CMs like Khedira or Vidal who play box to box.

Alonso is a DM who plays a DLP role.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Zealous wrote:OK so you have a DM but who is this DM targeting though?

Who is he picking up?

The DM just basically protects the backline.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Adit wrote:Yeah pure DMs are waste of space now days for top teams,no one really plays with NO 10's which was DMs target lol.Give me total footballers any day.

Ozil .
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Thing is I'd rather have a CM instead of a DLP. And by having a CM the safe option would be to have a DM behind him.
DLP is a role not a position. Sahin is a CM who plays a DLP role, that's his style. You have CMs like Khedira or Vidal who play box to box.

DLP would pretty much come under the DM category in terms of where they would be on the pitch.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
not true imo, if we had Sahin starting, signing M'vila would sound like a great idea. If we had someone like Banega, THiago and a playmaking CM that can drive forward, we would need a DM to protect the back 4. It's only because of ALonso that we dont need him, and so far, it doesnt look like Sahin has a future with us.
On an aspect you are right but the DMs who sits deep like in makelele role were used to nullify No 10 across the europe in late 90s/early 2000.When Makelele role became so popular teams often started playing with out 10s and look at today,no teams really play with a classical No 10 and hence no teams uses that deep destroyer role instead every one is back to using that Guardiola role,ie deep lying play maker role.

It is bit ironic that Makelele role destroyed makelele role itself lmao.On the point ,i would still prefer Javi martinez (a total footballer ) to pair Sahin,it will help us in the long run.

add to that pure DMs can become a big liability up on a formation change or a tactical change while players like Javi will adapt.

Last edited by Adit on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Not sure why this thread was moved, it's not only to do with Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:22 pm

mtfootball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

DLP would pretty much come under the DM category in terms of where they would be on the pitch.

yeah but they arent DMs, and they move up the pitch a lot given their mobility. Sahin was moving up a lot for Dortmund, so was Prilo in his prime, Xavi, Banega etc... Alonso has tried to convert into a DM because he doesnt have great drbbling, but it's rare. Most DLP are CMs, and they all usually need a bodyguard.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
mtfootball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

yeah but they arent DMs, and they move up the pitch a lot given their mobility. Sahin was moving up a lot for Dortmund, so was Prilo in his prime, Xavi, Banega etc... Alonso has tried to convert into a DM because he doesnt have great drbbling, but it's rare. Most DLP are CMs, and they all usually need a bodyguard.

And since DLP's are limited I prefer CM's since they can got B2B.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:37 pm

hes all arsenal's as far as im concerned, i have not been impressed by him this season. we dont need him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down