M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".

+18
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Zealous
RealGunner
Amar
The Messiah
Jay29
urbaNRoots
Raptorgunner
Sushi Master
Iceman
Abramovich
McLewis
Mr Nick09
Magricos
uzonero
xabi
Lex
EarlyPrototype
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

m vila - M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".  Empty M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:18 am

MVila was the subject of four bids "of around €30 million [£26m]" from Champions League clubs including Arsenal during last summer, according to Rennes.

Mangane believes it is inevitable that the highly coveted defensive midfielder will be sold by the Ligue 1 club in the next 12 months.

“There has been no decision taken so far,” Mangane told Goal.com of MVila’s future. “He might go to England but he also likes the Spanish league. I don’t think he will leave in January but I think he will join Real Madrid or Arsenal next summer.

“The top clubs are right to scout him as I see him with a big career in front of him. Yann has the potential to be one of the biggest players in the world. He has extraordinary abilities.”

Mangane, who has been converted from a midfielder to a centre-half during his three years at Rennes, has watched MVila, 21, come through the ranks into the first team.

“You can see he is a fantastic player from what he does in training,” explained the 28-year-old. “Yann is good enough to play anywhere in the world. He is a complete player. He has a good eye for the game, he is technically excellent and he is also very good at defending and regaining balls.”

The right thing to do is join Arsenal imo. We have Sahin and Khedira so he is not really needed.

Last edited by EarlyPrototype on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

m vila - M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".  Empty Re: M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".

Post by Lex Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:39 am

The sensible thing to do would be to join Arsenal if he wants to actually kick a ball about. But he'll probably end up sitting on a bench somewhere in Spain or Manchester
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

m vila - M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".  Empty Re: M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:41 am

If he actually gives a crap about his career he will end up at Arsenal. I am not even sure if we are actually gonna bid for him whereas Arsenal already have. Then again United could be in the picture to..... hmm
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:42 am

Lex wrote:The sensible thing to do would be to join Arsenal if he wants to actually kick a ball about. But he'll probably end up sitting on a bench somewhere in Spain or Manchester

If he wants trophies he won't

m vila - M'Vila's friend: "M'Vila will join Arsenal or Real Madrid next summer".  Emirates-trophy-cabinet_835475
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:43 am

isn't the arsenal midfield filled up already?
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:44 am

The truth hurts Xabi's soul
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 am

If Man Utd are interested in him he would be starting Man Utd needs a DM.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:58 am

Lex who would you bench for M'Vila?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:06 am

i think he would see a whole lot of playing time if he were to join man u since they are lacking personnels in that area
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:10 am

----------------------------Welbeck------------------------

-----Young---------------Rooney---------------Nani-----

------------------M'Vila------------Anderson--------------

or a 442.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:48 am

Lex wrote:The sensible thing to do would be to join Arsenal if he wants to actually kick a ball about. But he'll probably end up sitting on a bench somewhere in Spain or Manchester

Dont you guys also have Song and Wilshere playing the double pivot?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:54 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Dont you guys also have Song and Wilshere playing the double pivot?

Ramsey can play there too. Frimpong and Coquelin as well.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 am

He would definitely push out Frimpong and Coquelin though.

It would be Song that he'd be in direct competition with.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:21 am

If Arsenals midfield is as talented as some members here make out (hint middle east) then there's no need for a 'bench warmer' to join them either :dance:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 am

I actually don't want M'vila. As much as I rate him highly, I see that Frimpong and Coquelin have a lot more to ffer to this Arsenal side. They are more complete, especially offensively, than he is.

Not taking anything away from Yann. He is better than all of our midfielders, defensively. It's just that we need more complete players right now, and he's too defensive for that.
I don't mind getting him, but I don't see the need to do so either
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:53 am

We have no depth. He's not walking into our starting 11. Song-M'Vila could also work, because M'Vila can pass pretty well. He could rotate with Song, or take up one of the deep midfield positions.

I don't see us buying him at a crazy price, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 am

Iceman wrote:I actually don't want M'vila. As much as I rate him highly, I see that Frimpong and Coquelin have a lot more to ffer to this Arsenal side. They are more complete, especially offensively, than he is.

Not taking anything away from Yann. He is better than all of our midfielders, defensively. It's just that we need more complete players right now, and he's too defensive for that.
I don't mind getting him, but I don't see the need to do so either

How is Frimpong more complete that M'Vila? scratch
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 am

Offensively, he is.
You should have seen him play for the reserves the other day (I had a friend who took a video of the whole match). Frimpong was great offensively. He was the one taking most of the set-pieces too.
He doesn't like like it, but he's got very good technique and is an offensive threat too.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:04 am

I personally wouldnt rate a reservist higher than a pro footballer when it comes to reading the attack or defense, let's wait for him to do the same at top level football before we can conclude that he is more complete.

But i do agree that M'vila is a very defense oriented player. He makes up for his offense with pin point passing from the middle, and great vision though

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:05 am

Arsenal would be a better side with M'Vila playing instead of Frimpong who is not even a starter. Frimpong does not play because of his offensive skills.
M'Vila is a great tackler and passer of the ball and would be great alongside with Wilshere.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:11 am

Oh no, I'm not saying that Frimpong is better. I'm saying he's more suited. In Arsenal, all of the midfielders are involved in attack. That's why we see Song bomb forward. It's not like he's going against orders and instructions in every single match since 2010. He has been given the freedom to attack and has helped the team in many situations. At some point during this season, Song was playing the most through balls in all of the team.
I'm going to be honest and say that the last time I watched M'vila was during last season, but I actually watched him a lot back then. Nowadays, I don't have the time, so he might have changed, but from what I saw, Frimpong is better suited.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

Personally, I think Arsenal could benefit from someone like M'vila sitting back and protecting their back 4 which, while improved, still needs a bit of work.

Having an extra man back there and with M'Vila's energy and drive could be very beneficial.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 am

I really dont think Arsenal will go after him, he is needed but not as much as other areas. I would love to have Goetez and Goloski :bow:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 am

We aren't sorted in DM like you guys are making it. If Song gets injured we're screwed, we just can't completely rely on youngsters. And please my Gunner fellows, stop overrating our youngsters, it's pretty obvious that atm M'villa is better than Frimboss, i'm not sayin' that he hasn't the potential to be better but let's keep it underdog like the Bayern fans. I'm a huge fan of him, maybe i'm biased. But I agree that we need more a Goetze type of player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:04 am

Even with M'Vila, Frimpong will get plenty of playing time. In between the PL, Carling Cup, FA Cup and Champions League that's like 50 games. Considering injuries, suspensions and the African Cup, it's not at all a bad buy.

I never want to go through that 8-2 again. And yeah, I agree with Urban here, we're overrating our youngsters. The only youngster who deserves and has proven the hype is Wilshere, the rest are still there to be judged.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next