Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides?

+17
Grande_Milano
stunt
Lex
Le Samourai
donttreadonred
RealGunner
red&blacklegion
AnJl
milanfan7
Sushi Master
S32TABLANCA
BarrileteCosmico
Adit
aleumdance
jibers
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides? Empty Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides?

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:31 pm

So seeing almost all the English sides are out of the Europe, they have had games that they should win for the amount of hype the Press place on their teams and players.
but do you think that they disrespect European sides as inferior and play weaker teams?
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides? Empty Re: Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides?

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:35 pm

No...I just think the defenses of EPL teams have been getting weaker and weaker (and the goals per game of the last few seasons supports that) and they are struggling with more organized and defensive continental teams...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides? Empty Re: Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides?

Post by jibers Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:No...I just think the defenses of EPL teams have been getting weaker and weaker (and the goals per game of the last few seasons supports that) and they are struggling with more organized and defensive continental teams...

This. I'm afraid Calcipoli made the whole EPL look stronger than they are. 2 winners of the Cl, same amount as the supposedly 'weakened' EPL serie A sums it up. The things that make the EPL teams admired are the same things that hinder them in Europe. Teams in England play fast paced and are not very tactical or technical, and are used to the referees waiting for players to be dead before the whistle is blown. As far as I'm concerened, things are just a shade from back to normal. English teams are just not designed for continental competitions. La Lihga is superior, always has been, and Serie A is still better. Only Arsenal will be able to compete in the coming decade, because of the infrastructure and philosophy Arsene has imposed on the club.

Last edited by jibers on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Arsenal, were just unfortunate

united suck at home in Yurop

Citeh were sham in an ok UCL group

this year has been shitteh all round
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Im with Britaniablue,EPL top teams has been playing dangerously open games all season,its not a surprise all the english sides are on the verge of getting eliminated from CL.

Athletic Bilbao match is another story.It was yet another story of a top la liga team trained to play possession football raping a counter attacking United.Pass and move football peeps,pass and move.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:03 pm

I don't see how you can make this argument, at least in the CL. Most EPL teams fielded their strongest teams considering their situation.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:06 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:No...I just think the defenses of EPL teams have been getting weaker and weaker (and the goals per game of the last few seasons supports that) and they are struggling with more organized and defensive continental teams...

DAT SIGGGG

Matrix :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:13 pm

@jibers, and even Arsenal really struggled to adapt to the way Milan players went down so easily and the ref kept giving them the calls....And Arsenal is the team you would think would be most ready to handle that...

Totally agreed with your post

The openness and excitement of EPL games hinders the teams continentally...They aren't used to breaking down organized defensive sides they are used to more fluid, free-flowing games...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

No disrespect, just clearly not good enough and a huge mess tactically.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:@jibers, and even Arsenal really struggled to adapt to the way Milan players went down so easily and the ref kept giving them the calls....And Arsenal is the team you would think would be most ready to handle that...

The openness and excitement of EPL games hinders the teams continentally...They aren't used to breaking down organized defensive sides they are used to more fluid, free-flowing games...

YOU SAD IT ALL MATE

Milan player's type of diving confused Arsenal players so much ( NO OFFENSE)

at EPL it either you dive or you just get on with it, but Arsenal players got clearly confused by Milan especially van Bommel
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:26 pm

aleumdance wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:@jibers, and even Arsenal really struggled to adapt to the way Milan players went down so easily and the ref kept giving them the calls....And Arsenal is the team you would think would be most ready to handle that...

YOU SAD IT ALL MATE

at EPL it either you dive or you just get on with it, but Arsenal players got clearly confused by Milan especially van Bommel

Show me a dive.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 pm

milanfan7 wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

YOU SAD IT ALL MATE

Show me a dive.
Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides? 1311438624-57
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Ibra dived 2-3 times .It wasnt like a dive fest. EPL is like Hollywood;lot of action,not enough cleverness behind it. Man u was pretty much the only team that had the ability to adapt other football styles,and also lot of experience to cope with tempo change and tactical change of the other teams.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:06 pm

Injuries have ruined Both Arsenal and Man utd this season. But EPL is probably at its weakest point over a decade.

So its a bit of this and bit of that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Regarding the actual question of the thread (whether EPL teams disrespect other European teams), I don't believe this to be true. I think they tend to prioritize the league in the early rounds. This occasionally backfires, resulting in early elimination and underwhelming results. I suppose the very fact that they prioritize the league could be interpreted as disrespecting other European teams. If you believe that, well then you've probably already made your mind up anyway...

Now the implied question (why the EPL teams failed so miserably this season in the Champions League) is a very interesting topic. This season has certainly fed the "EPL is in decline/pathetic" exponents, and I can't say I blame them. The showing in the Champions League has been utterly poor. It's really very simple... Two of the teams have undergone substantial changes from their qualifying form, one is a CL virgin and is strongly prioritizing winning the league, and one... well one is ManUtd, who feel they are entitled to make it to the knockout stages on recent years' runs in the CL (Okay, okay... So they had some injury concerns and early season form issues...) One could make the argument that Tottenham, Newcastle and even Liverpool (based on Cup form this season and a tiny bit of bias) could have put forth stronger efforts in the CL this year.

Contrary to some, I don't think this is a sign of the downfall of the EPL. I think it's merely an "off" year for this competition. I would be surprised to see ManUtd repeat their early exit next season and I can only see ManCity improving on their showing. Arsenal, if they make it, will be much improved (assuming they hold onto Van Persie and don't continue to break Wilshere). Tottenham is an interesting case, though. If they lose Redknapp, their performance in the Champions League will probably hinge on his replacement's CL pedigree and player retention.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:02 pm

The only English team remotely capable of winning the CL is currently fighting for 5th place in the PL to qualify for Europa :facepalm:

Edited.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:05 pm

If they were capable of winning the CL, they wouldn't be in Europa
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:10 pm

You know that's not how i works.They aren't even in Europa anyway Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 pm

The English dont disrespect other teams. They are simply not as good as the English Media and fans hype them out to be.

The EPL has declined alot in past seasons, and this year I believe it has been completely surpassed by La Liga.

EPL needs some serious reinforcements otherwise the Serie A will catch up aswell.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:52 am

One-off decline, they ll be back on tracks
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:21 am

Grande_Milano wrote:One-off decline, they ll be back on tracks

Honestly I don't think so. Thefact is that noone wants to play in the EPL anymore. The big draw in the EPL was the money nad the advertising strategy. The mass marketing was what sepeerated the EPL from the rest. Other leagues are cathcing up and thanks to the internet, more and more people are aware of other teams. Madrid and Barcelona can ghet any player they want. La Liga is getting stronger, with Bilbao under Bielsa, changing their playing style, you have two super teams in Spain and a potential one in the wait. As I said, this is going back to the norm. Uniteds previous success was down to Our players gaining experience in EUrope from multiple seasons, we have Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Fabio, young players that have no consistent experience. We will be lucky to make the Semis in the next three years tbh. I always maintained that to win the CL you need three things, Tactics and luck. We got our tactics right in 08, and played like a very Italian team in the CL actually. Our success over the last 4 years was built on our efence, whch we do not have atm. I mean we can get away with it in the EPl, but over 2 legs in the cl? no chance.

Serie A will become the strongest again within the next decade, Italian football has always been superior to the rest. The EPL might be entertaining to some, but I find most games tedious to watch. I LOL'd when I heard some idiots saying Swansea play attacking football...they literally just pass the ball between their CMs and CBs and rarely have a decent spell of attack, the sad part is that teams are clapped when they make 2 passes in the EPl, it's a sad sad reality. In fact I played football with a Bilbao supporter today, who is Basque and lives in there and is in the same area as me. He was surprised I was able to describe his clubs history because he said most English people didn't know Bilbao till they humilated us.

Where United not a big club when we wree reaching QFs and R16s in the SAF years? The fact is that even with the media exposure you get the 'pundits' in England coming out with rubbish. The EPL has been exposed. Only Arsenal has any chance in hell in the next decade of wining it. English football has to change their infrastructure and the refereeing rules to compete. For those that say that La Liga is easy to score in, you are right, because of the harsh refereeing, the attackers have the advantage when playing and you have to be a much much better defender in La liga than you do in the EPL. Can you imagine Chris Samba or Cahill in La Liga? ROFL. He would get embarrassed! But in the EPL he is apparantly a top CB. And anyone that brings up Chelsea should get a clue. Chelsea since Mourinho never really played EPL style football. They played more like a Serie A team. I might get flamed, but this is my honest opinion.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:38 am

You have to realize that other leagues have really improved their teams: For example, in Spain, before there used to be Real and Barca, then Valencia who were good teams. Teams like Atletico, Sevilla, Bilbao were extremely inconsistent in their efforts to finish fourth. However, in the last few years, Malaga and Atletico have spent a lot of money and bought a lot of quality players. Both Malaga and Atletico spent around 70mil last year. And they will spend quite a bit this year too. Malaga have built such a quality foundation with players like Toulalan, Isco, Rondon, Baptista, Monreal, Cazorla, Seba.

Additionally, teams like Bilbao have changed their mentality with a coach like Bielsa. They genuinely play like they want to win something nowadays rather than being happy with a 6th place finish. They are in the final of the Copa, and will likely do well in Europa (although never fully count out Man-U)

The teams in La liga have upped their games in order match Madrid and Barca, even though they are still far behind, teams like Malaga will have the money to catch up in the near future. Also, Sevilla now actually have a really good coach in Michel. Also, they have a really good team. The quality of La liga is clearly superior in my opinion compared to the other leagues this year. This why La Liga teams are genuinely doing better this year in Europe.

However, next year, I think EPL teams will spend to "catch up". Teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man-U are clearly in need of better players. Therefore, next year, I can see them all putting out better teams.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:41 am

jibers wrote:

Honestly I don't think so. Thefact is that noone wants to play in the EPL anymore. The big draw in the EPL was the money nad the advertising strategy. The mass marketing was what sepeerated the EPL from the rest. Other leagues are cathcing up and thanks to the internet, more and more people are aware of other teams. Madrid and Barcelona can ghet any player they want. La Liga is getting stronger, with Bilbao under Bielsa, changing their playing style, you have two super teams in Spain and a potential one in the wait. As I said, this is going back to the norm. Uniteds previous success was down to Our players gaining experience in EUrope from multiple seasons, we have Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Fabio, young players that have no consistent experience. We will be lucky to make the Semis in the next three years tbh. I always maintained that to win the CL you need three things, Tactics and luck. We got our tactics right in 08, and played like a very Italian team in the CL actually. Our success over the last 4 years was built on our efence, whch we do not have atm. I mean we can get away with it in the EPl, but over 2 legs in the cl? no chance.

Serie A will become the strongest again within the next decade, Italian football has always been superior to the rest. The EPL might be entertaining to some, but I find most games tedious to watch. I LOL'd when I heard some idiots saying Swansea play attacking football...they literally just pass the ball between their CMs and CBs and rarely have a decent spell of attack, the sad part is that teams are clapped when they make 2 passes in the EPl, it's a sad sad reality. In fact I played football with a Bilbao supporter today, who is Basque and lives in there and is in the same area as me. He was surprised I was able to describe his clubs history because he said most English people didn't know Bilbao till they humilated us.

Where United not a big club when we wree reaching QFs and R16s in the SAF years? The fact is that even with the media exposure you get the 'pundits' in England coming out with rubbish. The EPL has been exposed. Only Arsenal has any chance in hell in the next decade of wining it. English football has to change their infrastructure and the refereeing rules to compete. For those that say that La Liga is easy to score in, you are right, because of the harsh refereeing, the attackers have the advantage when playing and you have to be a much much better defender in La liga than you do in the EPL. Can you imagine Chris Samba or Cahill in La Liga? ROFL. He would get embarrassed! But in the EPL he is apparantly a top CB. And anyone that brings up Chelsea should get a clue. Chelsea since Mourinho never really played EPL style football. They played more like a Serie A team. I might get flamed, but this is my honest opinion.

Jibs you support Utd and Barca, yet self hates))

Fergie rebuilts teams from scrap, so thats just matter of time

On a whole league situation:

even as a fan, I can see there is a big hole between EPL and others potential:

-EPL got money
-Marketing
-Best players are lured
-country in a better financial position than Italy or Spain

Finances>Skills in long term

On the other hand:

-Italy and Spain-worst football federations on the continent
-corruption
-amount of sugar daddies
-no private stadiums for Italy
-advertising inequality in Spain

So on, so many problems, Southerners hold on their traditions, good coach systems and scouts, yet they gonna lag behind German and English, like the countries do in politics

But God Bless Italian Premier League ofc
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 am

Grande_Milano wrote:
jibers wrote:

Jibs you support Utd and Barca, yet self hates))

Fergie rebuilts teams from scrap, so thats just matter of time

On a whole league situation:

even as a fan, I can see there is a big hole between EPL and others potential:

-EPL got money
-Marketing
-Best players are lured
-country in a better financial position than Italy or Spain

Finances>Skills in long term

On the other hand:

-Italy and Spain-worst football federations on the continent
-corruption
-amount of sugar daddies
-no private stadiums for Italy
-advertising inequality in Spain

So on, so many problems, Southerners hold on their traditions, good coach systems and scouts, yet they gonna lag behind German and English, like the countries do in politics

But God Bless Italian Premier League ofc

Do you think EPL sides disrespect the European sides? 1183019_o
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:58 am

Dude, jibers hates barcelona..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next