Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

+28
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
free_cat
Abramovich
_LMG_10_
Forza
Lord Hades
Lex
Ganso
Swanhends
The Franchise
Senor Penguin
RED
RealGunner
Giggslegend
che
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Pedram
Adit
Milan31
Cassius
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Raptorgunner
Sushi Master
Babun
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Lord Hades Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:18 pm

thats why i had really high hopes from that osasuna match, with la liga trying to captuew asian market n all.. sadly most of the matches were the same time again

bilbao gave me some outstanding trolling moments today has to be said.. got banned from 4 or 5 premier league fan groups today itself .

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Forza Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 am

free_cat wrote:You guys from India or Australia really are surprised by the EPL extensive coverage compared to other competitions?

It's no big brainer: commonwealth.

You were/are part of it. People in your country have ties with england. If they start watching football, they'll choose an english team. Then the media broadcasts what interests the people, which is english football, so it is a circle (that goes on everywhere).

It's the same reason of why English is the most spoken language in the world, which it also helps EPL of course.

We have ties with England, but there are a huge number of immigrants here from other countries and the coverage of English things is just absurdly disproportionate to that. Politically and economically America and Asia are much more important to us. Admittedly there are some people who are clinging on to this whole "Commonwealth" thing. The only thing the man on the street would be able to tell you about it would be to mention the Queen, the meetings with the other former English colonies, and the Commonwealth games (which, let's face it, is a very, very poor man's Olympics). I personally have no family ties to England and find the idea of a Constitutional Monarchy strange and superfluous in a modern, autonomous Australia.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:14 am

BTW regarding the EPL - Babun has a point. Hoofball and counter-attacks together with fighting spirit are great to watch.

The most entertaining matches I saw the last couple of weeks were the Europa League matches by Hannover - and Hannover pretty much are a poor man's EPL team.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:29 am

I think all of the leagues have their ups and downs. If you're a real football lover, there really is no "boring" top league.

I like the EPL because of the pace and physical aspect. I also like how it's not a foul just because somebody fell on the ground. (Of course, it can have negative impact when real fouls aren't given) Contrary to popular belief, some EPL sides like Arsenal play beautiful attacking football just as well as anyone else..

I like Serie A because it's a great league and is pretty physical as well. I feel it's currently the most competitive league of the big ones. Even players from the small teams like Catania and Chievo have quality players and almost every game is a tight battle.

I like La Liga because the players have great individual skill and there is a lot of flashy play, but i feel it's the softest when it comes to physicality and the refs stop the game too often. Maybe I just need to watch it more, though.

I don't really see much of the Bundesliga, Ligue1, or South American football. From the highlights I see, some of the South Americans have unmatched skill and technique.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3