Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

+28
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
free_cat
Abramovich
_LMG_10_
Forza
Lord Hades
Lex
Ganso
Swanhends
The Franchise
Senor Penguin
RED
RealGunner
Giggslegend
che
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Pedram
Adit
Milan31
Cassius
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Raptorgunner
Sushi Master
Babun
32 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? Empty Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm

If you ever asked yourself what makes EPL so exciting for neutrals... eco smile

1. The game is extremly direct and fast paced. Players go on the pitch with the aim to score the shortest way possible. You can see it in their playing style and body language.

2. EPL avoided the Europe wide pussyfication through referees. It's the league where it's understood that football is a contact sport. You're allowed to tackle or bully the opposition as long as it's rule conform.

3. They may not be the most skillful players ( la liga) out there or tactically set ( Serie A ) but they do everything to win with never give up attitude. That's what makes EVERY match competitive eco smile From parking the bus to hacking down players or outplaying with possession you could find all forms in EPL as long as it helps them to win.

If I were a neutral I'd watch EPL week and week out eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Sushi Master Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Spot on.

Poor man's Bundesliga, though.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Cant argue with the truth. :coffee: Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Spot on.....problem is people confuse most enjoyable with best.................
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Id like to point out there are a lot of different styles in the epl. You have arsenal who arsene wenger has turned into a continental style team, tottenham who are the best example of a traditional english attacking style of direct, fast, football with skill, manchester city who are copying arsenal with a short passing game but with a more tactical manager (mancini), man utd who play fast direct, stoke who play rugby, swansea who think they are barcelona, chelsea who dont even know what they are trying to play like, ect ect
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Spot on.....problem is people confuse most enjoyable with best.................
Pretty much this.

Babun also forgot to add the clear disrespect of the defensive part of the game, which does make it more pleasing to the eye for someone who doesn't respect and/or understand that concept.

And no parking the bus doesn't count as a defensive display. More along the lines of desperation unless it's mixed in with a game plan which would then make it tactical.

But I can't and won't argue the fact that it's the fastest paced type of football which many many people like to watch.

It's good but the whole 'best league in da wurlddd' thing pisses me off. Blaaa!
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:

3. They may not be the most skillful players ( la liga) out there or tactically set ( Serie A ) but they do everything to win with never give up attitude. That's what makes EVERY match competitive eco smile From parking the bus to hacking down players or outplaying with possession you could find all forms in EPL as long as it helps them to win.

If I were a neutral I'd watch EPL week and week out eco smile
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Id like to point out there are a lot of different styles in the epl. You have arsenal who arsene wenger has turned into a continental style team, tottenham who are the best example of a traditional english attacking style of direct, fast, football with skill, manchester city who are copying arsenal with a short passing game but with a more tactical manager (mancini), man utd who play fast direct, stoke who play rugby, swansea who think they are barcelona, chelsea who dont even know what they are trying to play like, ect ect

eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Spot on.....problem is people confuse most enjoyable with best.................
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 pm

The problem is in your head eco smile There's no objective best league, only best teams. Each person has different preferences like I rather score with a brunette than a blonde eco smile

My league preference:

1. La liga
2. Bundesliga
3. Serie A
4. EPL
eco smile

See, I don't even like EPL but I could tell why it would excite a neutral eco smile

Also, to you info, our team could be regarded as most technical EPL team style wise eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

I dont really like Donky League.Its end to end football deceives 'neutrals' while the quality of football is nothing special.

Two things i like about BPL is better refereeing and better marketing of the league.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Why EPL is so boring to watch ?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Valdano wrote:"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick. Chelsea and Liverpool are the clearest, most exaggerated example of the way football is going: very intense, very collective, very tactical, very physical, and very direct, he added. But, a short pass? Noooo. A feint? Noooo. A change of pace? Noooo. A one-two? A nutmeg? A backheel? Don't be ridiculous. None of that. The extreme control and seriousness with which both teams played the semi-final neutralised any creative licence, any moments of exquisite skill."
This is why Mourinho hates him Razz

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Because it is faster, allows more contact and the teams at the top of the table are close in terms of quality.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:59 pm

EPL seriously bores me to death

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Valdano wrote:"Football is made up of subjective feeling, of suggestion and, in that, Anfield is unbeatable. Put a shit hanging from a stick in the middle of this passionate, crazy stadium and there are people who will tell you it's a work of art. It's not: it's a shit hanging from a stick. Chelsea and Liverpool are the clearest, most exaggerated example of the way football is going: very intense, very collective, very tactical, very physical, and very direct, he added. But, a short pass? Noooo. A feint? Noooo. A change of pace? Noooo. A one-two? A nutmeg? A backheel? Don't be ridiculous. None of that. The extreme control and seriousness with which both teams played the semi-final neutralised any creative licence, any moments of exquisite skill."
This is why Mourinho hates him Razz

:vagi: ....to some extent I agree with Valdano.....but plain on simple you cannot hate on Liverpool.I'm not going to call it worse.....I'm just saying it's different not necessarily for the better.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:02 pm

well i'm a neutral and most epl games i happened to catch this season made me want to claw my eyes out... most chelsea, liverpool and man utd games could be used as a form of anesthesia, city are boring as shit when they don't happen to be raping someone, arsenal are a coin flip between having an awesome game and the above mentioned anesthesia, etc etc...

so what if it's faster, if i wanted to watch the ball bounce from left to right a lot i'd watch tennis...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:05 pm

Che :lol!:

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Giggslegend Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

haters gonna hate :dance:
Giggslegend
Giggslegend
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:08 pm

che wrote:well i'm a neutral and most epl games i happened to catch this season made me want to claw my eyes out... most chelsea, liverpool and man utd games could be used as a form of anesthesia, city are boring as shit when they don't happen to be raping someone, arsenal are a coin flip between having an awesome game and the above mentioned anesthesia, etc etc...

so what if it's faster, if i wanted to watch the ball bounce from left to right a lot i'd watch tennis...

how are you a neutral lol ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:10 pm

One thing I like about it is the space.

Just that alone...even if you remove all the other factors make the game relatively more exciting.

Spanish and Italian teams should make their pitches wider IMO.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:10 pm

neutral where english teams are concerned... i've got no support incentive to watch any epl games and when i want to just watch some football over the weekend i prefer a different style...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Le Samourai wrote:One thing I like about it is the space.

Just that alone...even if you remove all the other factors make the game relatively more exciting.

Spanish and Italian teams should make their pitches wider IMO.

Barcelona already have the widest pitch yet they play the most boring football. Razz
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 pm

che wrote:neutral where english teams are concerned... i've got no support incentive to watch any epl games and when i want to just watch some football over the weekend i prefer a different style...

Fair enough
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:12 pm

It's the only exciting league. Apart from my local league, it's the only league I follow and find exciting and interesting. La Liga, I only watch El Classico. I don't even bother with Serie A....sometimes I tune in to watch the Milan derby. The rest meh...

EPL>>>
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm

You only watch El clasico and Milan derby other than EPL yet you are so sure its the most exciting league :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next