Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

+28
Doc
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
free_cat
Abramovich
_LMG_10_
Forza
Lord Hades
Lex
Ganso
Swanhends
The Franchise
Senor Penguin
RED
RealGunner
Giggslegend
che
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
Pedram
Adit
Milan31
Cassius
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Raptorgunner
Sushi Master
Babun
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Adit Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:14

You only watch El clasico and Milan derby other than EPL yet you are so sure its the most exciting league :bow:

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why EPL is so fun to watch for neutrals?

Post by Senor Penguin Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:17

Why does it have to be about the league as a whole? There are many different teams in different leagues. Some are absolutely atrocious to watch and others usually give you a good performance week in week out.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:17

Adit wrote:You only watch El clasico and Milan derby other than EPL yet you are so sure its the most exciting league :bow:

In general...yes. If I wanna check out some top teams from the other leagues, CL it's where it's at.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:19

RED 80s. wrote:
Adit wrote:You only watch El clasico and Milan derby other than EPL yet you are so sure its the most exciting league :bow:

In general...yes. If I wanna check out some top teams from the other leagues, CL it's where it's at.

I lol'd
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu 08 Mar 2012, 19:26

:facepalm: *top teams in european cup competitions* damn Europa League lol.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 08 Mar 2012, 20:05

Well I find EPL exciting, generally speaking.

Like all leagues, some game are boring of course. However, its VERY open and end to end and those games are generally fun to watch.

I think especially in big games, its more open than other leagues and teams generally are more offensive. Overall, I dont think any say top 6 team in the league is afraid of any other team and go for it. Again, there are exceptions, but generally speaking I find this to be the case.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 08 Mar 2012, 20:47

QPR-Norwich >>>>>>>>> Catania-Novarra etc

EPL games are more interesting because they are defensively weak, and the players and fans are so passionate

get in you beauts
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 08 Mar 2012, 20:50

i dont find the "normal" league games interesting,but when it comes to big club vs big club type of games,they are definitely the most entertaining bar el classico imo.I love watching Arsenal vs Man U vs Chelsea vs City
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 08 Mar 2012, 21:12

El Pipita wrote:Why EPL is so boring to watch ?
I know, right? Us against Spurs may have been the most boring game i've ever seen
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu 08 Mar 2012, 23:08

RED 80s. wrote:

Maybe now you have changed your mind? Smile
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri 09 Mar 2012, 06:15

i developed an intense dislike maybe because its stuffed down your head most of the times thanks to its wonderful marketing.. 90 are pl fans and develop a very cocky attitude,, plus the football isnt really that special.. i do watch the big matches though and some of them are quite entertaining..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri 09 Mar 2012, 06:38

Lord Hades wrote:i developed an intense dislike maybe because its stuffed down your head most of the times thanks to its wonderful marketing.. 90 are pl fans and develop a very cocky attitude,, plus the football isnt really that special.. i do watch the big matches though and some of them are quite entertaining..
EPL doesn't even bother with marketing that much here, but the Australian media is for some reason obsessed with everything English so the EPL gets coverage on the news all the time... Tottenham v Stevenage highlights were on the news the other day... surely in an Australian 25 minute news bulletin there are better games that you could show highlights of than an easy FA cup win for Spurs?

Honestly, this would not annoy me as much if Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga also got news coverage... but they are almost never mentioned on TV except for on football shows (and there are hardly any football shows here). Even the Champions League gets far less news coverage than the EPL. Often CL games with no English teams participating are not reported on at all in mainstream media. The consequence is the creation of a huge group of EPL band-wagoners who are largely ignorant of the diversity of football styles and culture - nobody on this forum.

So to tie this back into the topic... this whole media phenomenon has predisposed me to think that the EPL is not any more or less exciting than any other league. It probably seems more exciting because more neutrals watch it and then they talk to each other about it. It's hard to talk about Serie A when nobody knows it exists. Neutral
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri 09 Mar 2012, 07:02

lol
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:i developed an intense dislike maybe because its stuffed down your head most of the times thanks to its wonderful marketing.. 90 are pl fans and develop a very cocky attitude,, plus the football isnt really that special.. i do watch the big matches though and some of them are quite entertaining..
EPL doesn't even bother with marketing that much here, but the Australian media is for some reason obsessed with everything English so the EPL gets coverage on the news all the time... Tottenham v Stevenage highlights were on the news the other day... surely in an Australian 25 minute news bulletin there are better games that you could show highlights of than an easy FA cup win for Spurs?

Honestly, this would not annoy me as much if Serie A, La Liga and the Bundesliga also got news coverage... but they are almost never mentioned on TV except for on football shows (and there are hardly any football shows here). Even the Champions League gets far less news coverage than the EPL. Often CL games with no English teams participating are not reported on at all in mainstream media. The consequence is the creation of a huge group of EPL band-wagoners who are largely ignorant of the diversity of football styles and culture - nobody on this forum.

So to tie this back into the topic... this whole media phenomenon has predisposed me to think that the EPL is not any more or less exciting than any other league. It probably seems more exciting because more neutrals watch it and then they talk to each other about it. It's hard to talk about Serie A when nobody knows it exists. Neutral

kind of funny because the exact same thing happens here.. if its the champions league, they will post a huge article in the press about english fixtures even if it is against genk while barca milan will get a small mention somewhere

and i think there is a kind of brain washing here, mainly thanks to the marketing , people instantly believe epl is the best ever or something( not saying it is bad or anything at all) , and believe things like 'there is something special about the premier league ' , ' high scoring games - only in the premier league ; , ' good crowd only in the premier league, ' serie a is slow and riddled with scandals, la liga is where 18 teams let 2 teams win etc etc

i mean such things do automatically make you hate pl, its a psychological thing, and i guess its too late now to start liking it

but since the defenses have digressed a bit i find a lot of matches interesting to watch .

your point makes a lot of sense :
many hadnt even heard of bilbao and confused with with atletico madrid...

'The consequence is the creation of a huge group of EPL band-wagoners who are largely ignorant of the diversity of football styles and culture -'
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri 09 Mar 2012, 07:47

Immortal Babun wrote:If you ever asked yourself what makes EPL so exciting for neutrals... eco smile

1. The game is extremly direct and fast paced. Players go on the pitch with the aim to score the shortest way possible. You can see it in their playing style and body language.

2. EPL avoided the Europe wide pussyfication through referees. It's the league where it's understood that football is a contact sport. You're allowed to tackle or bully the opposition as long as it's rule conform.

3. They may not be the most skillful players ( la liga) out there or tactically set ( Serie A ) but they do everything to win with never give up attitude. That's what makes EVERY match competitive eco smile From parking the bus to hacking down players or outplaying with possession you could find all forms in EPL as long as it helps them to win.

If I were a neutral I'd watch EPL week and week out eco smile

My buddy who's a liverpool fan made me watch the ManU - Chelsea game which ended 3-3 last month. I was ready to call it a game at 2-0, and most certainly at 3-0. But somehow Manchester United came back with 3 goals.

He said to me "this is why you watch the premier league".

I won't lie, I was intrigued.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri 09 Mar 2012, 09:44

_LMG_10_ wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:If you ever asked yourself what makes EPL so exciting for neutrals... eco smile

1. The game is extremly direct and fast paced. Players go on the pitch with the aim to score the shortest way possible. You can see it in their playing style and body language.

2. EPL avoided the Europe wide pussyfication through referees. It's the league where it's understood that football is a contact sport. You're allowed to tackle or bully the opposition as long as it's rule conform.

3. They may not be the most skillful players ( la liga) out there or tactically set ( Serie A ) but they do everything to win with never give up attitude. That's what makes EVERY match competitive eco smile From parking the bus to hacking down players or outplaying with possession you could find all forms in EPL as long as it helps them to win.

If I were a neutral I'd watch EPL week and week out eco smile

My buddy who's a liverpool fan made me watch the ManU - Chelsea game which ended 3-3 last month. I was ready to call it a game at 2-0, and most certainly at 3-0. But somehow Manchester United came back with 3 goals.

He said to me "this is why you watch the premier league".

I won't lie, I was intrigued.

he didnt mention the great man who was refereeing that game? Surprised
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri 09 Mar 2012, 13:34

Fast pace, less pussy players, always drama.

Especially this season you never know what quite is going to happen :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri 09 Mar 2012, 14:59

You guys from India or Australia really are surprised by the EPL extensive coverage compared to other competitions?

It's no big brainer: commonwealth.

You were/are part of it. People in your country have ties with england. If they start watching football, they'll choose an english team. Then the media broadcasts what interests the people, which is english football, so it is a circle (that goes on everywhere).

It's the same reason of why English is the most spoken language in the world, which it also helps EPL of course.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 09 Mar 2012, 15:10

free_cat wrote:It's the same reason of why English is the most spoken language in the world, which it also helps EPL of course
BZZZZT guess again
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri 09 Mar 2012, 15:20

Lex wrote:
free_cat wrote:It's the same reason of why English is the most spoken language in the world, which it also helps EPL of course
BZZZZT guess again

If you count 2nd language speakers it is, isn't it?
Or is it still Mandarin?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri 09 Mar 2012, 15:26

It would be impossible to estimate, but I don't know if 1/6 of the world knows English...

Anyways, I've never found the EPL to be this neutral's haven everyone talks about.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 09 Mar 2012, 15:35

BPL is as fun and boring as any other major league in Europe. What I do like about the BPL mostly is that they have stuck to the idea that football is, in fact, a contact sport and its referees hold that mantra in their minds while doing their thing.

Other than that, I never saw the big deal in the hype.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Fri 09 Mar 2012, 16:23

the thing about Refs is Flattering though

EPL refs are fvckign horrible, yes they let the game go on

but they have no limit, that why Stoke can Injure who they want, CUZ THEY CAN
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri 09 Mar 2012, 16:38

free_cat wrote:You guys from India or Australia really are surprised by the EPL extensive coverage compared to other competitions?

It's no big brainer: commonwealth.

You were/are part of it. People in your country have ties with england. If they start watching football, they'll choose an english team. Then the media broadcasts what interests the people, which is english football, so it is a circle (that goes on everywhere).

It's the same reason of why English is the most spoken language in the world, which it also helps EPL of course.

The same applies in my country too(w/c is about to change in 2013 i hope). almost every country in the south east asia region too.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri 09 Mar 2012, 16:48

English isn't the most spoken language, Mandarin is Razz

It is however the most spread out language.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri 09 Mar 2012, 16:59

if you include second language speakers english is obviously the most widely spoken language in the world... just look at this forum ffs
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri 09 Mar 2012, 18:18

thats why i had really high hopes from that osasuna match, with la liga trying to captuew asian market n all.. sadly most of the matches were the same time again

bilbao gave me some outstanding trolling moments today has to be said.. got banned from 4 or 5 premier league fan groups today itself .

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next