halamadrid2
Doc
hrealmadrid
Zealous
Dnmac4
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:11 pm

RED 80s. wrote:I agree with Wenger. The pitch on the first leg was a disgrace, so he has a point there..although Arsenal were poor all over the field.

As for the other reason, he is right too. The ref blew a foul whenever a Milan player dropped at the slightest touch.

Wenger is just human and says stuff in the heat of the moment just like all of us. He was just gutted that they were eliminated having come so close to pulling off a miracle comeback.

Ty, well said.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Wenger's officially been charged by Misconduct by UEFA.....again

Is Wenger the white-french-managerial Drogba? hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Because he questioned UEFA's approach to certain things they are doing?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Wenger's officially been charged by Misconduct by UEFA.....again

What? do you have the link?

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
imalegend wrote:why don't you put the rest of the quotes up of him admitting it his own teams fault????

''They can only be proud of their performance,'' Wenger told Sky Sports 2. ''The team has fantastic spirit and showed some fight after the first tie, but unfortunately we go out. We had the chances for a goal, but we keep our winning run going which is important.

''We have paid the price for a bad first game. But we have given everything. That is all you can do at the top level: give everything and then you can accept the result.''

yes he blamed the ref and pitch and he had every right to.... but he also blamed his own teams performance in the first game

This is all they see.

----------------'Wenger is gonna getcha'
Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch - Page 2 171816

Wow, if you read my post you will see I said I was quoting a specific article on goal.com and if it was wrong or incomplete let me know.

I know you want to paint everyone in here as some crazy Arsenal / Wenger hater but everyone has been pretty level headed and complimentry to Arsenal through out this thread.

Jeez, go look at a Barcelona or Madrid thread when they say something about the officials and see if most fans give them the benefit of the doubt or post all the comments in context.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:28 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
imalegend wrote:why don't you put the rest of the quotes up of him admitting it his own teams fault????

''They can only be proud of their performance,'' Wenger told Sky Sports 2. ''The team has fantastic spirit and showed some fight after the first tie, but unfortunately we go out. We had the chances for a goal, but we keep our winning run going which is important.

''We have paid the price for a bad first game. But we have given everything. That is all you can do at the top level: give everything and then you can accept the result.''

yes he blamed the ref and pitch and he had every right to.... but he also blamed his own teams performance in the first game

This is all they see.

----------------'Wenger is gonna getcha'
Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch - Page 2 171816

Wow, if you read my post you will see I said I was quoting a specific article on goal.com and if it was wrong or incomplete let me know.

I know you want to paint everyone in here as some crazy Arsenal / Wenger hater but everyone has been pretty level headed and complimentry to Arsenal through out this thread.

Jeez, go look at a Barcelona or Madrid thread when they say something about the officials and see if most fans give them the benefit of the doubt or post all the comments in context.

I was not replaying to you and the pic is a joke from goal.com lol.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Yea, I know and I was not only replying to you but the person you quoted.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:49 pm

this pitch stuff is a load.

milan went into the game very complacent.

if not for that and silly mistakes it would have been 0-0 at half time.

there wouldn't be this discussion.

Arsenal played good, Milan had to play on same pitch first leg.

There were a lot of soft calls for Milan yesterday ill admit.

I think Milan are the better team overall. Now wenger needs to concentrate on first place, with 2 of his wingers now injured.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Wenger's officially been charged by Misconduct by UEFA.....again

What? do you have the link?

Don't have links yet, SKY and Guardian both reporting it on twitter
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

he probably will be charged, Uefa have a thing with Wenger
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 pm

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/footballfirst/matchorganisation/disciplinary/news/newsid=1764338.html

Apparently it is just a disciplinary case to be opened...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

TBF to Wenger, the referee was blowing for every touch on all the players, but it went both ways. This is just sad on his part. His team gave a brave fight and he should have just accepted the defeat with dignity. He should try and find a solution for his team not being able to replicate this form consistently rather than blame external forces.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:05 pm

jibers wrote:TBF to Wenger, the referee was blowing for every touch on all the players, but it went both ways. This is just sad on his part. His team gave a brave fight and he should have just accepted the defeat with dignity. He should try and find a solution for his team not being able to replicate this form consistently rather than blame external forces.

exactly. but wenger ALWAYS has an excuse, this is just him.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 pm

I advice mr.Wenger to visit the following links:

http://www.medicinenet.com/premenstrual_syndrome/article.htm

http://www.homemademedicine.com/home-remedies-pms.html

http://www.pmscentral.com/pms-cure
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 pm

"I looked into the referee's eyes and knew he had ill intentions"

Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Anyway, the ref was abysmal. Shirt like a toaster, with a golden slice of authority popping up everytime someone hit the deck, decided that playing an advantage was not going to happen and seemed to be out of his depth
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:He complained about two aspects of the tie, but no where did he say they were the reason we went out. He explicitly stated the reason we went out was because the team was horrible in the first leg. Just go back and look at his post-match comments from the first leg.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-i-felt-we-were-never-in-the-game

Arsene Wenger wrote:It was of those nights you never forget. It is our worst night in Europe, we were punished and deservedly so. We were very poor offensively and defensively. We were beaten everywhere. There was not one moment in the 90 minutes we were really in the game. What made it worse is that we had to chase the game. It was always the same problem, balls over the top and we were well beaten.

It is difficult to analyse. I think it is better not to talk too much. We need to analyse with a cooler header and regroup for the next game.

You could blame and blame. We have to stick together and win the next game. The players were very ambitious in this Champions League. They are the first to be very sad. We felt powerless today to get really into the game.

I cannot say I got everything perfect when we lost 4-0 but I don't believe we made big tactical mistakes. We did not have any other choices. I felt we were weak in some departments. I felt we could have some problems in some departments but I did not think we would not score.

Doesn't blame the pitch at all, but I don't recall seeing people saying "props to Wenger for not making the easy excuse".

But then he makes a couple of comments about the pitch and ref and it's "OMG Wenger is petty and a sore loser". Despite the fact he, again, says its his and his teams fault for not going through in the end.

Always been like this. There are certain buzz words like "pitch" and "referee" that fans form their opinions from, actually taking the time to analyse whats been said properly is too dificult for the average fan sadly
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Ya know what i don't get? When people complain that Managers complain about refs. Doesn't make sense. A manager has every right to complain. I mean we all complain about refs yet we only watch our teams play. Wenger for example, is fighting (or was) for a trophy on four fronts, putting in the hard yards every day, analysing team tatcics, setting up team trainings every week, planning tactics to use against the upcoming opposition. He's putting in the hard yards to ensure that his team wins. And if he feels that his hard work was undone because of a referee, then he has every right to complain about. Doesn't matter if you guys say "oh but he comes off as a sore loser", if you guys were in his position, you wouldn't last a month without saying 'referee'. It's a tough environment and he along with all managers have a right to complain imo...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 am

the pitch was a potato field
a disgrace
i have never seen such a pathetic piece of crap for a stadium that is called "Elite" by UEFA
there are standards for the number of seats in the stadium
but not the field that the players play in

i mean look at the field in Moscow, the ball bounce was terrible, the balance for players was terrible
bad pitches cause injuries and reduce the quality of play, pitches should be regulated by UEFA, i dont think its that hard to send 4 people to 4 different stadia to give an okay on a field
if a field is bad, forfeit.... unless the team has a reason and an alternative field to play on
but ofcourse too much to ask of UEFA
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:50 am

Wenger is a true douche. With 45 minutes in hand and 3 goals he pulled the team back and stopped attacking. He has no right to complain about anything.Any top coach would have killed Milan in the second half.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 am

red&blacklegion wrote:With 45 minutes in hand and 3 goals he pulled the team back and stopped attacking
Yes, sure, that's totally what he did scratch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:24 am

milanfan7 wrote: I advice mr.Wenger to visit the following links:

Do you have these sites on bookmark?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:

No sir,I googled "cures for pmsing like a b***"
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:44 pm

milanfan7 wrote:

I'm sure you just had to go through your history.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:20 pm

red&blacklegion wrote:Wenger is a true douche. With 45 minutes in hand and 3 goals he pulled the team back and stopped attacking. He has no right to complain about anything.Any top coach would have killed Milan in the second half.
Wenger blaming the ref and the pitch - Page 2 Jesus-facepalm-facepalm-jesus-epic-demotivational-poster-1218659828
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 pm

milanfan7 wrote:

I'm sure you just had to go through your history.

True,I sometimes try to find some cures for you,but I never told you about them because I was afraid that you'd get mad.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next