Eman
Jay29
MJ
EL Patron
Amar
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
13 posters

Go down

Wojciech Szczesny for an  goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool Empty Wojciech Szczesny for an goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm

It looks like we have a keeper here that can be consistent and reliable. The Pole in goal proved to us AGAIN why Mr.Wenger choose him over Manuel Almunia and Fabianski. He was our hero for that day for me he was MOTM.

Thoughts on Wojciech Szczesny ?
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wojciech Szczesny for an  goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool Empty Re: Wojciech Szczesny for an goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool

Post by Amar Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Clearly the number 1 keeper now.

His shot stopping and reflexes are absolutely top quality, but he needs to work on his distribution. His kicking is still a problem, and it cost us against Milan in the CL 2 weeks ago.

He's still got alot to learn and is still prone to making an error or two. That being said, he's by far the best keeper we've had in years, and its finally relieving to see a stable, confident figure standing in the goal who can win a match on his own with his shot stopping ability.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wojciech Szczesny for an  goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool Empty Re: Wojciech Szczesny for an goalkeeping performance vs Liverpool

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:09 pm

Talented goalie, he has been magnificent for us despite being so young. He still has a lot to learn, a few areas where he can improve....still think we should sign a goalie can provide some serious competition.

Last edited by gunnerlistick on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:10 pm

His confidence, command, reflexes and diving abilities are outstanding but he is young and has things to learn, his goal-kicking needs improvement and small errors like dribbling with the ball for too long need to be addressed.

Truly a world class performance against Liverpool from a keeper who continually displays world class qualities. Glad this problem has finally been mitigated.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:24 pm

MJGunner wrote:Truly a world class performance against Liverpool from a keeper who continually displays world class qualities. Glad this problem has finally been mitigated.

2 years ago we had a bad goalie and then PUFF Arsene finds another gem
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Definitely one of my favourite players at the moment. Very talented. Could easily become a world class keeper, but not without his faults. I think he still needs to work on his decision making, especially when it comes to coming off his line to meet a cross or sweep up a through ball. Sometimes he's a bit rash and comes out when he doesn't need to.

Distribution is another thing, as his kicking is poor and actually has cost us goals. Another flaw, which is actually backed up by stats, is that his positioning when it comes to shots from distance is suspect. He has superb reflexes, but no other keeper in the league has conceded more goals from distance than he has. That's not a coincedence.

He's still young, though, and will only get better through experience. His shot-stopping is great, he has the height and power to dominate his penalty area and, most importantly, is very confident and communicates with his defenders. Will only get better.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:Talented goalie, he has been magnificent for us despite being so young. He still has a lot to learn, a few areas where he can improve....still think we should sign a goalie can provide some serious competition.
I'm personally comfortable with our polish duo.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Eman wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:Talented goalie, he has been magnificent for us despite being so young. He still has a lot to learn, a few areas where he can improve....still think we should sign a goalie can provide some serious competition.
I'm personally comfortable with our polish duo.

Flappers is much more of a rotation thing, he doesn't provide competition in my opinion. We need someone who will come in and keep our Chezza on his toes.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm

I'm not sure we do. You don't really rotate keepers, and you'd be hard pressed to find a club with two goalkeepers where one is anything more than just a back-up. Just look at the difference in quality between the number one and number two at any big club and you'll see what I mean.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm not sure we do. You don't really rotate keepers, and you'd be hard pressed to find a club with two goalkeepers where one is anything more than just a back-up. Just look at the difference in quality between the number one and number two at any big club and you'll see what I mean.

..... and that is why I don't see Fabianski wanting to stay too long; or Mannone for that matter.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:24 am

Normally I hate cockiness in football players but I prefer Chesny that way, Chesny cockiness & Jens craziness give me confidence. One of the reasons why he was bad with long distance shot is because he was never tested in training, Arsenal players rarely attempt from distance. Same go with Flappy & Blondie seasons ago when they were prone to crossing & corner.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by waitressinthesky Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Hahaha, good old Blondie. He's still on our payroll too, no?

I like the guy, but he's ready to retire.

waitressinthesky
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:09 am

If you don't include the old guards like Friedel, Jaaskelinen, Given etc. Then I'd say the top 3 keepers, in no particular order, has to be: Woj, Krul, Hart,
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 am

Top performance..
A goalie for many years..
He will have to improve on his decision making and positioning...
And i love his dribbles... Very confident...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 am

Wilson37 wrote:Top performance..
A goalie for many years..
He will have to improve on his decision making and positioning...
Each time he gets the ball and some guy runs up at him, and he just does all those Cruyff turns ... No.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Wilson37 wrote:Top performance..
next time he should nutmeg suarez and then dive like he' been butchered Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum