The Franchise
Patrick Bateman
Swanhends
billionmillion
The Madrid One
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If You Were A Coach... - Page 2 Empty Re: If You Were A Coach...

Post by LeBéninois Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:05 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I would like to play a striker, I just dont like how we so often have no one actually in the box to tap in the chances we created working so hard to! I would also bring Yaya back Razz And sign Silva as well, Woot! Sign an even better GK Razz And find a top LB replacement for Abidal eventually calls it a day...and I would even try and sign Ozil from Madrid, both to strengthen us and to weaken them Loool.... but thats just me eco smile
i love the yaya part Very Happy
+ play a striker/tap-in : KLOSE or HUNTELAAR but they would have to accept be benched most of the time ... still pretty sure they would get a great goal tally

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:14 am

McLewis wrote:
Patrick Bateman wrote:Who Would You buy

CB - Matias Silvestre and Astori
RB - Isla or Schelotto
LB - Call back Crescenzi from Bari he's on loan there atm.
SS - Lisandro Lopez and Floro Flores

Who Would You sell

Cassetti,Angel and maybe Osvaldo Razz Wouldn't make Kjaer and Bojans stay permanent

What differences would You Make

Tighten up that shaky defense....

RB/LB: Crescenzi can also play RB so he might be a better option than Schelotto, who we could use further up the pitch, which interchangeable with Isla.

CB: I think it should be Astori OR Silvestre, but not both. They're too similar for me. Would go for either Felipe Santana, Geromel, Dante, or Godin for the 2nd defender.

---------------------

Agreed on Cassett, Kjaer and Bojani, but rather harsh on Osvaldo and Angel. Neither have had long enough to make an impression. Plus Osvaldo still has 7 goals to his name. Angel has just been slow to adapt, but he hasn't be absolutely terrible when he's played, not unlike Kjaer.

Angel is very frustrating to watch especially in the final 3rd of the pitch.
It drives me nuts when he opts to shoot with his weaker right foot when a pass or a cross would have being the better option.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman on Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:19 am

Bénin wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:I would like to play a striker, I just dont like how we so often have no one actually in the box to tap in the chances we created working so hard to! I would also bring Yaya back Razz And sign Silva as well, Woot! Sign an even better GK Razz And find a top LB replacement for Abidal eventually calls it a day...and I would even try and sign Ozil from Madrid, both to strengthen us and to weaken them Loool.... but thats just me eco smile
i love the yaya part Very Happy
+ play a striker/tap-in : KLOSE or HUNTELAAR but they would have to accept be benched most of the time ... still pretty sure they would get a great goal tally

Smile Well Klose is more of a team player and able to finish as well although a bit old, reminds me a bit like Larsson who did so well for us. Hunterlaar is a pure box chance finisher Smile

U havent done one yet for Arsenal Benin eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 am

Milan
Sell: Muntari, Lopez, Ambro, Gattuso, Seedorf and Bonera
Buy: Criscito, Bender, Damiao, Ogbonna and Sirigu

-------------------------------Sirigu--------------------------------
---Abate--------Ogbonna---------Thiago----------Cristcito--------
-------Aquilani------------Bender-----------Nocerino---------------
--------------------------Boateng----------------------------------
--------------Ibrahimovic--------------SES/Robinho---------------

Bench : Pato, Damiao, Abiatti, Nesta, Emanuelson, Merkel and Mesbah/Antonini

Last edited by nichabr on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:41 am

Saetablanca wrote:I would keep a young, small but talented first team squad, clear out all the dry grass, and reinforce Castilla so that I could draw on them whenever necessary and integrate them into the first team. Buy Neymar (or Muniain), Valero, maybe M'Vila buy back Sarabia for Castilla, and promote Carvajal. Refine our style of football to be more balanced and have MOAR sexy football, and spread that throughout the cantera like Barca did with tiki-taka.

First XI by 2014-

------------------Iker
-Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
-----------------M'Vila
-----------Ozil---------Sahin
-Sarabia-----------------------Neymar
---------------Benzema

:bow:
looks interesting to me, maybe javi martinez instead of mvila?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:48 am

-----------Casillas
Isla-Thiago-Ramos-Marvelo
------Martinez-Sahin
------Nerman-Mesut
------Benzema-Cr7

banana
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:00 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:-----------Casillas
------Martinez-Sahin
------Nerman-Mesut
------Benzema-Cr7

banana

I dont think Isla is better than Arbeola tbh. He is more attacking, but he is not as balanced as Arbeola. Plus, I dont think you can have both attacking fullbacks because it screws up the balance of the team. Either Isla and Coentrao, or Arbeola and Marcelo, imo.

Also, an interesting idea would be, buy Martinez, and play him as a CB. This will help Real become a more posession oriented team if they want to. It will help them immensely against barca, because Martinez doesnt just hoof the ball, unlike Pepe. Because realistically, Alonso will still be in the first team next season. He still looks so important to the team. I say buy Martinez, he can replace Pepe, but can also play with Alonso, or with Sahin as a CM. He is so versatile.

Your attack looks menacing, but I would always start Di Maria over anyone else in the team. He bring such a balance to Madrid. Imo, with Di Maria, Real is the most dangerous team in the world. He has that wow factor, and is better than Neymar for me.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 am

out: kaka, pepe, lass, albiol
in: hummels, carvajal, sarabia, javi martinez

iker
carvajal ramos hummels marcelo
martinez
sahin alonso
ozil benzema ronaldo

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:07 am

Lord Hispano wrote:FYI I will try and make this as realistic as possible:

Who Would You buy?

Albiol
Azpilicueta
Debuchy
Guardado (already pending)
Giovanni Dos Santos
Bryan Ruiz

Who Would You sell?

Ricardo Costa
Miguel
Feghouli

What differences would You Make?

They only thing I'd changes is focus on getting Rafa.

What philosophies would you adapt.

Make a team capable of Defending and Atacking while being able to keep the Ball.

And what weaknesses would you fix that are weaknesses in ur team atm?

What Llorente's doin', get rid of the debt.

Why on earth would you sell Fegouli? He is a very hard working player with a lot of skill. He is a really valuable player imo. Also, I wouldn't recommend Albiol Smile Victor Ruiz will improve. Valencia wings is a real problem. Piatti, Jonas, Fegouli are good players, but they need to up their level if they want to compete. Their new stadium is complete, and their board (according to Revista) believes that they can challange for the title in two years time. Therefore, they need to buy quality players and I think they will. I think Valencia have a deal to sign Van der Weil, I am pretty sure of it, Ballague confirmed it 3/4 months ago (He is not always wrong). If they want a CB, get Vertonghen.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:20 am

StevieRayVaughan wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:-----------Casillas
------Martinez-Sahin
------Nerman-Mesut
------Benzema-Cr7

banana

I dont think Isla is better than Arbeola tbh. He is more attacking, but he is not as balanced as Arbeola. Plus, I dont think you can have both attacking fullbacks because it screws up the balance of the team. Either Isla and Coentrao, or Arbeola and Marcelo, imo.

Also, an interesting idea would be, buy Martinez, and play him as a CB. This will help Real become a more posession oriented team if they want to. It will help them immensely against barca, because Martinez doesnt just hoof the ball, unlike Pepe. Because realistically, Alonso will still be in the first team next season. He still looks so important to the team. I say buy Martinez, he can replace Pepe, but can also play with Alonso, or with Sahin as a CM. He is so versatile.

Your attack looks menacing, but I would always start Di Maria over anyone else in the team. He bring such a balance to Madrid. Imo, with Di Maria, Real is the most dangerous team in the world. He has that wow factor, and is better than Neymar for me.

Arbeloa is not balanced, he is not really good going forward. just needed to put a better right back than Arbeloa there. Isla has a pretty good engine, a good shot, is a better crosser and a little bit more crafty on the ball i think. I was just having fun with it, but RBs are a rarity. Maybe Azpilicueta, just someone better lol.

I dont think having two full backs that can go forward is an issue, as long as they track back. Both full backs dont bomb down the wing at the same time. And even when they stretch the play, as long as your DM can slot back in between the CBs, it's ok. Both Thiago and Ramos are ball playing CBs, and Martinez is better as DM imo. Alonso is too slow nowadays to be acting as midfield general, the faster we phase him out, the better. Still hoping we get sahin back on track. Di Maria is great indeed, i put Neymar in there more for the potential of what he might become, Di Maria is better right now of course no doubt. Just having fun with it. Anyway, it's a very attacking line up, if you dont get those guys to press high aggressively and retain possession, it will be complicated Razz
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG$PETER Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am

Milan31 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:I have nothing wrong with our philosophy, style or formation. It's just about patching up some potential weaknesses (midfield) and replacing the dead wood...

Sell

Roma
Bonera
Antonini
Muntari
Flamini
Maxi Lopez

Retire at the end of the Season

Ambrosini
Gattuso
Inzaghi
van Bommel
Yepes
Abbiati
Nesta

Purchase

GK: Rui Patricio (Sporting Lisbon)
CB: Ogbonna (Torino)
RCM: Isla (Udinese)
CDM: S. Bender (Dortmund)
LCM: Hamsik (Napoli)

Formation for 2011/13 Season

RUI PATRICIO
ABATE-OGBONNA-T. SILVA-MESBAH
ISLA-BENDER-HAMSIK
BOATENG
IBRAHIMOVIC-------ROBINHO

Bench: Amelia, Mexes, Nocerino, Merkel, Aquilani, El Shaarawy, Pato
Could NOT have said it better myself! 100 percent agree. If that will be the lineup next year I would be very very happy.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Why not just make a new team?Because all those players are dragging them down so badly :facepalm:
BIG$PETER
BIG$PETER
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 am

Ogbonna? We're not a small team, won't sell him unless you pay an extraordinary price :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:25 am

Looks like I've thoroughly brainwashed the Milan forum into following me into the Sven Bender dreamland where Germans leave the Fatherland for the pennies we're prepared to pay. Chaka

Also nichabr's 12 man formation ftw.

Sell/Release/Do Not Renew
Roma
Bonera
Yepes
Zambrotta
Taiwo
Muntari
Ambrosini
Van Bommel - Unless he was content play from the bench, unlikely.
Seedorf
Inzaghi

Buy/Exercise Clause
Isla
Sven Bender
Hernanes/Montolivo
Aquilani

My choice of defenders to pursue will have to be made later on in the season, I'm honestly not sure who I want at the moment.

Promote/Return
Donnarumma/Piscitelli
Ely
De Sciglio
Fossati

Abbiati
Abate---Nesta/New CB---Silva---Mesbah/New LB
Isla/Aqua---Bender---Hernanes/Aqua
Boateng
Ibra---Cassano
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:28 am

This is really hard for an Arsenal fan to do because it's hard to fix us lol but I will try.

Sell
Squillaci = £3 million
Park = £5.5 million
Abou Diaby = £6 million
Denilson = £6 million
Bendtner = £9-12 million
Vela = £7-8 million.
Loan out Aaron Ramsey.
Loan out Kieran Gibbs.
Loan out Frimpong again.
Loan out Ryodinho again.

37 Million + 50 million from board = 87 million.

Buy
Eden Hazard = £25-30 million.
Rodallega/Bent/Odemwingie = £5-10 million.
Borja Valero = £10-12 million.
Aly Cissokho = £7-8 million.
Darijo Srna = £10 million.

Formation:

---------------------------Scez-----------------------------
Sagna--------Vermaelen----Koscielny-----Cissokho
---------------------------Song----------------------------
-----------------------------------Wilshere----------------
-------------------Arteta-----------------------------------
Hazard------------------------------------------Gervinho
----------------------------RvP-----------------------------

What differences I'd make

I'd make us more defensively sound, with Wilshere and Arteta in one midfield, Song will have no reason to bombard forward. He, Koscielny, and Verminator will stay deep while Koscielny is the ball-playing defender while being the last man and Vermaelen venturing forward occasionally. This formation will give Sagna and Cissokho space to support their wings and venture forward without too much worry, although they would have to use their stamina and pace to keep up with the other team. Wilshere is the box to box as he is the perfect link between the defense and the attack. Arteta having freedom forward is ideal because we all know he is perfect at finding the pass and keeping possession. Gervinho is fantastic at breaking down defenses and Hazard is fantastic as he always seems to bring that spark of magic. RvP is the king. We all know this sounds fine and dandy NOW, but one of that midfield will go down, and if Wilshere goes down, Arteta sinks in deeper and Valero can attack. If Arteta goes down Valero can replace him and Coquelin can replace Song capably. Alex Chambo and Walcott are ready to replace both Hazard and Gervinho in case they need it and with the pace they both have, most defenses would struggle against the well-rested pair. Rodallega would slot in our formation well I think, he is great at holding the ball and scoring good goals, he doesn't struggle to finish and is good with the ball. Odemwingie is reliable just like Rodallega. Bent is a bit different but he would be our target man to get in and get the job done, we can always switch up formations and play both RvP and Bent.

Mertsacker is ready to come in when one of Vermaelen and Koscielny are out. Djourou is a good back up to him, not the best back up but is more than good enough for fourth place. Srna being in our team is great because he brings a good leader sense in the dressing room and due to playing in the Ukranian League he would know he won't start over Sagna and going along with his reported professionalism I'm sure he won't mind. He is also very versatile and that will help the team a lot since we will start switching formations a lot more between games. Tactically we need to change and not do the same thing, we need to approach everything on a game-to-game basis and not be afraid to try out new things. We will be encouraged to keep possession but not the way we do right now, possession will remain with us while always looking to attack, back-passing and side-ways passing will not really fly around here. Beautiful football is what we need along with defensive solidity, there IS a balance despite what many people say. Players need to toughen up and learn they are not little kids, they are footballers. You make a mistake and you WILL be punished and your position WILL be reviewed. More aggressiveness on the ball is needed and dirty-talking and pushing when you are pushed is needed. There is limits and players like Viera and Henry knew how to stay within those limits while maintaining technical ability and honor.

I'd bring back Petit as a defensive coach and Bergkamp to help me out as an assistant manager because this is Pat Rice's last year. I'd let Primorac choose to either leave the club or manage the reserves. I'd introduce Henry as the first-team coach as a first step into managing. Henry has a great under-standing of the beautiful game, is fantastic at motivation and has the perfect spirit (This, if he chooses to retire). If Primorac does not want to become the reserve coach, I'll get Steve Bould up to the reserves. I'll also review any former Arsenal player who wishes to approach the club for the role and the one most suited will get the job, with a special request to Sol Campbell. Notice I'm getting a lot of former players, the spirit will remain in the club and it will be the ultimate motivation.

Change in philosophy

The youth policy is a great philosophy, but I am all for having the cake, and eating it too. The club cannot fall in debt and crazy-spending will not be allowed, not in Wenger's time and not in mine, but money should be spent. Another thing i'd change at the club is the over-protection of players and the ignoring of the fans, well, to a certain degree anyway. If the players just had a horrid game (For example: 4-0, 8-2, etc) I'd make the training open for anyone who wishes to watch. I'd give the fans a chance to show the players how disappointed they are as well as make them feel more involved in the club.

What weaknesses would you fix

Defensive weakness and mental weakness, I'm a good motivator and an even better speaker. I am a man that sticks to my words and enforces them so the team will notice a certain difference.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 am

BIG$PETER wrote:
Milan31 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:I have nothing wrong with our philosophy, style or formation. It's just about patching up some potential weaknesses (midfield) and replacing the dead wood...

Sell

Roma
Bonera
Antonini
Muntari
Flamini
Maxi Lopez

Ambrosini
Gattuso
Inzaghi
van Bommel
Yepes
Abbiati
Nesta

Purchase

GK: Rui Patricio (Sporting Lisbon)
CB: Ogbonna (Torino)
RCM: Isla (Udinese)
CDM: S. Bender (Dortmund)
LCM: Hamsik (Napoli)

Formation for 2011/13 Season

RUI PATRICIO
ABATE-OGBONNA-T. SILVA-MESBAH
ISLA-BENDER-HAMSIK
BOATENG
IBRAHIMOVIC-------ROBINHO

Bench: Amelia, Mexes, Nocerino, Merkel, Aquilani, El Shaarawy, Pato
Could NOT have said it better myself! 100 percent agree. If that will be the lineup next year I would be very very happy.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Why not just make a new team?Because all those players are dragging them down so badly :facepalm:

How much do you know about Milan? It appears the answer is zero from that comment.

We have a big squad and the highest wage bill in Serie A. Some players definitely do not deserve such wages. Furthermore, our youth team has been highly successful in recent years and getting rid of the dead wood will provide opportunities to integrate them into the team. See dostoevsky's list of players to sell for a second opinion.

The age of the players I listed to sell or retire:

Sell

Roma 37 - too old, 3rd choice keeper
Bonera 30 - calamitous
Antonini 29 - runs around aimlessly
Muntari 27 - meh
Flamini 27 - has been injured all season, high wages
Maxi Lopez 27 - not a great quality striker, might not sell depending on form this season

Ambrosini 34
Gattuso 34
Inzaghi 38
van Bommel 34
Yepes 36
Abbiati 34
Nesta 35

Some of these players are legends, but their bodies will not allow them to play forever due to injuries, lack of fitness etc. and should bow out gracefully while they can still contribute to the team. Seedorf (35) could also be added to the list of retirees. Seedorf, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Nesta and Inzaghi should all be offered some kind of coaching position at the club upon retirement. Maldini should be working at Milan too!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:23 am

We'll get rid of the deadwood who have no chance of playing in the future:-

Santa Cruz
Bridge
Michael Johnson

Players who will be sold or released:-

Adebayor
Carlos Tevez
Owen Hargreaves
Vladimir Weiss

Youth Players promoted:-

John Guidetti
Abdul Razak
Karim Rekik
Denis Suarez

We'll get Boyata back.

GK Hart/Pantilimon/Taylor
FB Richards/Zabba/Clichy/Kolarov
CB Vinny/Lescott/Kolo/Savic/Rekik/Boyata
DM DeJong/Barry/Razak
CM Yaya/Milner/Pizarro
AM Silva/Nasri/Suarez/AJ
CF Kun/Balo/Edin/Guidetti

Signings
Pizarro i would keep as he adds nice experience to a young squad.

Then we're in the nice position of not really needing anyone but could buy a Eden Hazard with the transfer money recouped from Tevez and Adebayor and the wages saved. cheers
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

The Madrid One wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:I would keep a young, small but talented first team squad, clear out all the dry grass, and reinforce Castilla so that I could draw on them whenever necessary and integrate them into the first team. Buy Neymar (or Muniain), Valero, maybe M'Vila buy back Sarabia for Castilla, and promote Carvajal. Refine our style of football to be more balanced and have MOAR sexy football, and spread that throughout the cantera like Barca did with tiki-taka.

First XI by 2014-

------------------Iker
-Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
-----------------M'Vila
-----------Ozil---------Sahin
-Sarabia-----------------------Neymar
---------------Benzema

:bow:
looks interesting to me, maybe javi martinez instead of mvila?

Sure, M'Vila is the only doubtful part in the formation. Im thinking maybe a midfield like this instead:

-Canales/Alex-Sahin
------------Ozil

Anyway, DAT PHILOSOPHY :bow:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Buy:

RB = Van der Wiel/Azpilicueta
DM = M'Vila/Javi Martinez,
CM = Banega/Modric,
W= Hazard/Silva/Gotze/Neymar

Sell: Carvalho

--------------Casillas
--RB----Varane----Ramos----Marcelo
-----------------------DM
----------------CM
----------------------Ozil
-----W-----------------------Ronaldo
------------------Benzema

We'd play short passing fluent football with minimal hoofing. 1-2's, short passing, clever through balls and possession would be key. However if conditions are bad then we'd adapt to them instead of being one dimensional. We'd look to pass the ball out at all times unless it's impossible, in which case we'd clear.

Everyone would press when the team doesn't have the ball. No aggressive pressing unless it's necessary, just tactical high pressing to make the opposition clear/give ball away.

Players would have freedom to move around while the fullbacks overlap. Crossing would only happen when players are in a good position inside the box.

When the opponents are in our half we'd look to retrieve the ball quickly in order to counter-attack.

Cool

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:53 am

Ali"The Superman"8775 wrote:This is really hard for an Arsenal fan to do because it's hard to fix us lol but I will try.

Sell
Squillaci = £3 million
Park = £5.5 million
Abou Diaby = £6 million
Denilson = £6 million
Bendtner = £9-12 million
Vela = £7-8 million.
Loan out Aaron Ramsey.
Loan out Kieran Gibbs.
Loan out Frimpong again.
Loan out Ryodinho again.

37 Million + 50 million from board = 87 million.

Buy
Eden Hazard = £25-30 million.
Rodallega/Bent/Odemwingie = £5-10 million.
Borja Valero = £10-12 million.
Aly Cissokho = £7-8 million.
Darijo Srna = £10 million.

Formation:

---------------------------Scez-----------------------------
Sagna--------Vermaelen----Koscielny-----Cissokho
---------------------------Song----------------------------
-----------------------------------Wilshere----------------
-------------------Arteta-----------------------------------
Hazard------------------------------------------Gervinho
----------------------------RvP-----------------------------

What differences I'd make

I'd make us more defensively sound, with Wilshere and Arteta in one midfield, Song will have no reason to bombard forward. He, Koscielny, and Verminator will stay deep while Koscielny is the ball-playing defender while being the last man and Vermaelen venturing forward occasionally. This formation will give Sagna and Cissokho space to support their wings and venture forward without too much worry, although they would have to use their stamina and pace to keep up with the other team. Wilshere is the box to box as he is the perfect link between the defense and the attack. Arteta having freedom forward is ideal because we all know he is perfect at finding the pass and keeping possession. Gervinho is fantastic at breaking down defenses and Hazard is fantastic as he always seems to bring that spark of magic. RvP is the king. We all know this sounds fine and dandy NOW, but one of that midfield will go down, and if Wilshere goes down, Arteta sinks in deeper and Valero can attack. If Arteta goes down Valero can replace him and Coquelin can replace Song capably. Alex Chambo and Walcott are ready to replace both Hazard and Gervinho in case they need it and with the pace they both have, most defenses would struggle against the well-rested pair. Rodallega would slot in our formation well I think, he is great at holding the ball and scoring good goals, he doesn't struggle to finish and is good with the ball. Odemwingie is reliable just like Rodallega. Bent is a bit different but he would be our target man to get in and get the job done, we can always switch up formations and play both RvP and Bent.

Mertsacker is ready to come in when one of Vermaelen and Koscielny are out. Djourou is a good back up to him, not the best back up but is more than good enough for fourth place. Srna being in our team is great because he brings a good leader sense in the dressing room and due to playing in the Ukranian League he would know he won't start over Sagna and going along with his reported professionalism I'm sure he won't mind. He is also very versatile and that will help the team a lot since we will start switching formations a lot more between games. Tactically we need to change and not do the same thing, we need to approach everything on a game-to-game basis and not be afraid to try out new things. We will be encouraged to keep possession but not the way we do right now, possession will remain with us while always looking to attack, back-passing and side-ways passing will not really fly around here. Beautiful football is what we need along with defensive solidity, there IS a balance despite what many people say. Players need to toughen up and learn they are not little kids, they are footballers. You make a mistake and you WILL be punished and your position WILL be reviewed. More aggressiveness on the ball is needed and dirty-talking and pushing when you are pushed is needed. There is limits and players like Viera and Henry knew how to stay within those limits while maintaining technical ability and honor.

I'd bring back Petit as a defensive coach and Bergkamp to help me out as an assistant manager because this is Pat Rice's last year. I'd let Primorac choose to either leave the club or manage the reserves. I'd introduce Henry as the first-team coach as a first step into managing. Henry has a great under-standing of the beautiful game, is fantastic at motivation and has the perfect spirit (This, if he chooses to retire). If Primorac does not want to become the reserve coach, I'll get Steve Bould up to the reserves. I'll also review any former Arsenal player who wishes to approach the club for the role and the one most suited will get the job, with a special request to Sol Campbell. Notice I'm getting a lot of former players, the spirit will remain in the club and it will be the ultimate motivation.

Change in philosophy

The youth policy is a great philosophy, but I am all for having the cake, and eating it too. The club cannot fall in debt and crazy-spending will not be allowed, not in Wenger's time and not in mine, but money should be spent. Another thing i'd change at the club is the over-protection of players and the ignoring of the fans, well, to a certain degree anyway. If the players just had a horrid game (For example: 4-0, 8-2, etc) I'd make the training open for anyone who wishes to watch. I'd give the fans a chance to show the players how disappointed they are as well as make them feel more involved in the club.

What weaknesses would you fix

Defensive weakness and mental weakness, I'm a good motivator and an even better speaker. I am a man that sticks to my words and enforces them so the team will notice a certain difference.

Thats a very good post Superman, much thought and I agree, Arsenal need all of that Thumbs up
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:12 am

What would I change as coach of Arsenal? Our ridiculous wage structure. Average players on high wages is simply madness, and is a hinderance to the club's actions in the transfer market. Young players should not be rewarded with lucrative contracts as an extra incentive to stay, either. I would not be able to even begin thinking about who to buy if this problem is not solved.

Secondly, I'd definitely alter the methods of preparation for games and the recovery afterwards so that the club is not blighted by injuries every season.

With those two problems out the way, everything else should just be a natural progression. I'd be able to buy the players that'd make the squad better, and that squad would stay fit. Add in some tactical diversity and actually having a gameplan in certain games and we're sorted.

It all sounds so easy, doesn't it? Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 am

I would pull a full revolution, even if it costs us silver ware.

Sell/release:
Torres (at all costs)
Kalou FREE
Hilario Free
Bosingwa Free
malouda 6m
Benayoun 2m
Meireles
Buy:
Hernanes
Lzvezzi

Formation:
Cech
Ivanovic Luiz Terry Cole/Bertrand/Van Aanholt*
Hernanes Romeu
Ramires Mata Lavezzi
Sturridge

Bench: turnbull, Cahill Cole/Bertrand/Van Aanholt*, Mikel/McEachran*, Lampard, Drogba, De Bruyne.

* depending on their form between now and then.

Style of play: slowly adapt to play a fast paced possesion game with Hernanes and Luiz playing long balls through the middle and Mata and Lavezzi creating as much as possible. De Bruyne and McEachran to be rotated. Essien to go down with an injury and be out for most of the season. The number one thing I would get out of the team week in, week out would be 100% commitment, it is what we are lacking at present.

Goals:
Qualify for CL
Win CC/FA cup
Successfully integrate youngsters into team.

Man, Roman Should hire me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:10 am

First of all, although I'm a huge United fan I'm never quite a fan of the way the football is played. I believe the low possession, counter attacking style (especially against top clubs) is falling behind. This is shown by our defeats to Barcelona is recent CL finals and most recently to Athletic Bilbao :shisha: It is clear our two men center midfield will find it difficult against any decent possession side who play 4-3-3 (some may disagree). A complete change in formation/philosophy is needed. The current wide 4-4-2 focused on wingplay and counter attacks will be replaced by a possession based 4-3-3 with a deep lying midfielder, defensive midfielder and a creative attacking playmaker making up the midfield 3. Style of play will be more similar to Dortmund/Arsenal rather than Barcelona's as United has a tradition of playing at a higher tempo. High defensive line to choke out the opponents and fluid movement is essential when attacking. Without getting too detailed although I think I already have, my buys and sells :

Players to leave: 1) Nani (Never a fan of him, decision making's :facepalm: )
2)Berbatov (Huge fan, move to a suitable club)
3)Michael Owen
4)Richie De Laet
5)Patrice Evra(Unconvincing since WC2010)
6)Park(Doesn't fit in the system)
7)Scholes and Giggs (Retire)
8)Jones (Not a fan, a bit of a headless chicken)

Signings: 1) Luka Modric(Technical,intelligent playmaker)
2)Javi Martinez/Sven Bender(the elegant destroyer )
3)Mateo Kovacic (WC talent, vision, creativity)
4)Criscito(LB, although he may be a better CB/sweeper)
5)Hazard (Cut in from left wing, playmaker, goal scorer)
6)Giuseppe Rossi (No idea why he was sold, key
goalscorer)

De Gea

--------Rafael-----------Smalling--------Vidic-------------Criscito-----

---------------------------Martinez/Bender------------------------------

--------------------------Modric---------Cleverley---------------------

--------------------Rossi----------Rooney-----------Hazard-------------

Subs- Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Fabio, Valencia, Carrick, Kovacic, Welbeck

This side should win the BPL comfortably and challege for the UCL while playing beautiful flowing football

SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:49 pm

Newcastle.

Sell/Release
Harper
Perch
Smith
Best
Lovenkrands
R.Taylor

Buy
Pieters
Clyne
Douglas/Dante/Mbiwa
Corgnet/Diaby/Denilson
Hoillet
Guidetti
Forster (Recall)

Narrow 433
------------------------Krul---------------------

Simpson--Coloccini--Douglas/Dante/Mbiwa--Pieters

------------------Tiote-------Corgnet/Diaby/Denilson
----------------------Cabaye---------------------

----------------HBA-----------Ba---------------
-----------------------Cisse--------------------

Then we still have good rotation options for Europe.
Forster
Santon
Clyne
Williamson
S.Taylor
Guthrie
Jonas
Vuckic/Abeid
Hoillet
Guidetti
Ameobi
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:25 pm

SELL
Chivu
Lucio
Julio Cesar
Sneijder
Pazzini

BUY
Poli
Ogbonna
Viviano
Rossi

Return:
Coutinho

Don't Buy:
Palombo
Zarate

Viviano
Maicon Samuel Ogbonna Zanetti
Cambiasso
Poli Obi
Rossi Milito Coutinho

and the fact that ogbonna can shift into LB and Zanetti at RB, really helps.

Last edited by zarola on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Don't fancy Guarin, Zarola?

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:43 am

Sell:

Downing
Carroll

Buy:

Hoilett on a free. Farfan also if he doesn't renew.
Isla
Jovetic
Hernandez (One at Palermo, not dorito)

I want Comolli's job.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next