shinigami99
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
billionmillion
The Franchise
29 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 Empty Re: Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito

Post by futbol Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 am

http://www.fcbarcelona.es/futbol/primer-equipo/detalle/noticia/javier-mascherano-hasta-2018

Renewed until 2018.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 Empty Re: Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:39 am

LIKE A NEW CB banana
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:20 am

oh well.. we're screwed.. only possible hope is that we play him in the DM spot.. but even then idk if it's worth it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:37 am

The first two pages rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:46 am

I'm now reading the link and I would have been okay with this if we lowered his buy-out clause. Little did I know it is for 100 MILLION Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:29 am

:facepalm:

He cant play DM anymore than he can play CB. Mascherano has quickly become the new Keita.

Cant get rid of him and his genuinely great attitude is the reason, not his football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:36 am

Pls lucho, don't play him as CB next season...pls
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 am

The Franchise wrote::facepalm:

He cant play DM anymore than he can play CB. Mascherano has quickly become the new Keita.

Cant get rid of him and his genuinely great attitude is the reason, not his football.

agreed but he's less of a liability in DM then in the backline.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:49 am

I am not so sure. I think it depends on the opponent.

Against a mid level and bad teams, he is more of a liability in midfield because we will struggle in build up under pressure. And thats more crucial than ever for the small teams because if they throw you out of rhythm they get alot of confidence.

He does okay at the back against bad teams because he dont have to do much and can just physically overwhelm forwards who are usually totally isolated from the midfield.

But against a strong team, at the back he will always get exposed by the world's best forwards.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Barça legend :bow:

Lucho Proud

danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:08 pm

I'm not that worried that he could rotate at DM in easier games. It won't be a problem against most opponents IMO. Song is mechanic and cumbersome and it isn't a problem against most La Liga teams. I worry that Lucho sees him as an integral part and leader and will attempt to play Busquets and Mascherano together in midfield permanently. He already said he doesn't see Masche as a CB and we're (hopefully) buying some defenders this summer. So now renewing him only makes sense when he gets an important role. I can't envision him accepting just the "Song role".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:25 pm

I think Song is a step above Mascherano with the ball, that's being kind. Perhaps he has improved since he last played there for us.

I just dont see the point of keeping him around for that Song role, Sergi Roberto can do that in his sleep.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:43 am

would we play with two dm's..?
would seem odd and hard to fit our forward lines + rakitic with two dm's
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Can he play midfield?

He has improved dramatically with the ball, no question about that. In the previous games Argentina had not pressed with the ball so it was alot easier for him but in the final Germany was doing a decent job of pressing and he dealt with it quite well.

He made a couple ball mistakes here and there (like when he got the yellow card) but on the whole, not bad.

Im torn. Before the Germany game I felt no different about him playing in the midfield, but after it, feel it might be a possibility.

The biggest thing which interests me is understanding we wont sell him and I dont want him anywhere near the center of defence any more.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:52 am

IMO he can. His job at Barca will actually be a lot easier. First of all no team in the world will press Barca this high:

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 3f6quaol

Unless teams want to give Messi, Neymar, Suarez, Iniesta 40 yards of space behind their last defensive line. Laughing

He'll also be surrounded with a lot more and better options. Busquets will obviously be the build-up player alongside him instead of Biglia / Gago with Iniesta and Messi coming towards the ball to aid carry the ball forward (I expect Messi to play like a #10 with Suarez upfront from now on) as well as Alves who is basically another midfielder compared to Zabaleta and Pique who can also pass from the back. At Argentina he has much more responsibility and workload if you ask me.

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 AbHg496ae2

His technique is not on techno midget level like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Co. obviously but he ain't a turd either and his energy, defensive ability and leadership outweigh that anyway for me.

If they just add some defensive cover to this we're fixing all the issues we had last season. Lack of legs in midfield, lack of diversity in midfield (now Mascherano, Rakitic, Rafinha all adding different things) a deadly predator upfront, decent cover in the goalkeeping position (Pinto in a CL quarter final and domestic Cup final Laughing) and hopefully some height and strength at the back. As well as a well rested Spanish core after their early WC exit. No deep tournament run like Euro 2012 or Confeds Cup 2013 in the Amazonas.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:07 am

We'll have to see if he maintains his form with Barca, your right that most teams wont press us so high but they do expose weaknesses and Mascherano has constantly let us down when pressured highly, especially against both madrids.

I'd give him a chance no doubt, but move Buscuit to Mascherano's place, change alba to mathieu and bartra with a marquinhos... rakitic in the rcm and we'd be solid.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:56 am

When Barca first bought him thats what they had in mind right? But he went to CB since Busquet is too perfect for the role Razz Barca's formation means the lone DM will always be asked to do a lot himself and requires a special player. I would like to see it tried perhaps in the friendlies and early season? Since Busquets has dropped his level recently.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:42 am

Chosen as 4th captain, filling Xavi's absence.

Pique VAGI
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 am

meh the players chose the captain's order so i doubt pique is taken by surprise
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:29 pm

His agent said he asked to go to Italy.
WTF????
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:34 pm

billy_gr wrote:His agent said he asked to go to Italy.
WTF????

It has already been denied by Masch's entourage. Juve want him but there's no way he leaves.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:54 pm

Javier Mascherano @Mascherano 16min Hoy es la Fiesta del Gamper y con ella empieza una temporada llena de retos ilusionantes. Visca Barca!!!!

"Today is the Gamper party and with it begins a new season full of amazing challenges. Visca Barça!"

Denies rumours like a boss
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Great interview with Sid Lowe

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/19/javier-mascherano-barcelona-nicklas-bendtner-changed-career
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:15 pm

Masch is already 4th most capped foreigner for Barcelona. Time sure flies.

Yeah, dat tackle is probably the most important seconds of his career, Robben tackle in WC in good second.

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 ZiJDz4X

Javier Mascherano : El Jefecito  - Page 3 MFqLpyS
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:52 pm

That tackle was very important, and he showed his spirit and never give up attitue. However, it wasn't really that extraordinary as it's mostly Bendtner who screwes up because of his miscontrol. He wasn't even reaching the ball or would have shot 10 metres wide.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Mascherano has been renewed until 2019. Laughing Laughing

He'll be 35 and years past it. What a joke.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next