Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla

5 posters

Go down

Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla Empty Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:41 am

Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano had mixed emotions in the wake of his side's scoreless Primera Division draw against Sevilla on Saturday evening, as he was disappointed with the final result but felt the Catalans did everything right and deserved a win.

The Champions League holders created several chances to open the scoring, but Sevilla goalkeeper Javi Varas proved an unbeatable obstacle, even keeping out a Lionel Messi spot-kick in the closing stages of the game.

"It’s a strange feeling. Disappointment at not getting the three points, but satisfaction at knowing we did everything right. We played as we always do; attacking for almost the whole game," Mascherano told Barca TV.

The Argentine then went on to warn that it will not be easy for Barcelona to retain their La Liga crown.

"It might have seemed easy to win the league last year if you were looking from the outside, but it certainly wasn’t, and the other players have told me that the previous titles were just as hard to win."

Barcelona have dropped to second spot in La Liga following this weekend's results. They have taken 18 points from eight games and trail table-toppers Real Madrid by one point
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla Empty Re: Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla

Post by windkick Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:20 am

We are going to have to beat Real Madrid both games we have against them, same with Levante lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla Empty Re: Barcelona's Javier Mascherano: We did everything right against Sevilla

Post by ijomer Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:26 am

First one's at Bernabeu! lol even a tie will hold us on top Very Happy
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 am

Mache is right. What happened in this game was amazing. The keeper single handily took the draw for Sevila.
I am expecting more dropped points for both Barca and Madrid.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:42 pm

I had no problems with the way sevilla played I actually though it was pretty smart seeing how they were greatly lacking in attack. I also though they defended very very well which not alot of la liga teams can do.

The game against granada is a must win though as Madrid and levente will probably win there matches to.

Barca did well but varas was an absolute beast in that game!

with that siad I was a little disappointed in thiago this game he did not look his best and it is key for him when he gets his chances in the team to play at a top level.
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down