Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

+21
RED
Pedram
donttreadonred
Adit
Potential
Grande_Milano
matpol
Senor Penguin
halamadrid2
rsinatra
S
Ganso
M99
jibers
Seth
dronte
rwo power
red&blacklegion
Lord Hades
maruf063
St.JamesNicaragua
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 pm

El Pipita wrote:If they improve their midfield area why not ?

They are very organized in defense and Thiago Silva is having his best season atm. in attack Ibra is delivering both creativity and goals, Boateng also has been great this season. the problem is their midfield which i think if they didn't sell Pirlo to Juventus would be also strong.

All this things put together i think yes, they can eliminate Barcelona with a bit of luck and also if Barcelona's dip in form continues in Champions League.

This whole mf arguement is BS, so now Barcelona mf is the standard? Milans Mf is good enough for the way they play. They gave Barca more of a fight than Madrid have since Mou took over.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title - Page 2 Empty Re: Is it knee-jerking to claim, Milan is Barca's biggest threat to Champions League title

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 pm

jibers wrote:
El Pipita wrote:If they improve their midfield area why not ?

They are very organized in defense and Thiago Silva is having his best season atm. in attack Ibra is delivering both creativity and goals, Boateng also has been great this season. the problem is their midfield which i think if they didn't sell Pirlo to Juventus would be also strong.

All this things put together i think yes, they can eliminate Barcelona with a bit of luck and also if Barcelona's dip in form continues in Champions League.

This whole mf arguement is BS, so now Barcelona mf is the standard? Milans Mf is good enough for the way they play. They gave Barca more of a fight than Madrid have since Mou took over.

Why you bring Madrid into this ? every team need a good midfield to stand a chance against Barcelona, you need midfielders who can breakup play and don't choke under pressure, otherwise Barca would have +70% possession. Pirlo could do the job but they let him go away.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:36 pm

extreme knee jerking. As good as Milan were last night, it all had to do with how horribly bad Arsenal were. That was one of the worst Arsenal performances under Wenger...ever!

Barca are in a league of their own in the CL. Their closest competitor is Real Madrid.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

never seen arsenal perform more badly in my 10 years of watching arsenal. the sickening thing is that milan weren't even that good in terms of stopping us. they didnt really press or anything. we were just crap, milan are probably up there but definitely not THE Favourites for CL maybe one of.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:51 pm

REWB wrote:never seen arsenal perform more badly in my 10 years of watching arsenal. the sickening thing is that milan weren't even that good in terms of stopping us. they didnt really press or anything. we were just crap, milan are probably up there but definitely not THE Favourites for CL maybe one of.

8-2?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:54 pm

As far as iam concerned the top 4 at the start of the season i thought the top 4 were Barca, Real, Bayern and Milan and have seen nothing to change my mind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

i think if Milan met Lyon they would struggle

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 pm

jibers wrote:
REWB wrote:never seen arsenal perform more badly in my 10 years of watching arsenal. the sickening thing is that milan weren't even that good in terms of stopping us. they didnt really press or anything. we were just crap, milan are probably up there but definitely not THE Favourites for CL maybe one of.

8-2?

TBH the 8-2 was more of the new players' lack of playing time together and major injury crisis at that time. However, for the players we had on that was a horrible performance, but yesterday's even worse. In the 8-2 we gave up after a few goals, but yesterday it's like we didn't even play Crying or Very sad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Wish Juventus was in CL this season, they could really challenge any team out there with their awesome midfield.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:08 pm

If Juventus got a WC CB and sort out thier forward line i reckon they have to be considered as a dark horse for the whole tournament......

Thier midfield is no joke and they have the great San Gigi :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:12 pm

juve needs a LB and a WC or at least great attacker (kun y u no join Juve?).

With that i think they would have a great CL campaign.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Mole i dunno why you bring this WC Cb discussion cuz Chiellini will be permanently playing as a CB from now on.Period.

Well i am not saying you're wrong here but i believe we will sign a FB over a CB honestly.And even if we bought another CB it would be for the reason that we're playing 3-5-2 often.

Chiellini is a bit mistake prone but he also delivers MOM perfomances at CB and that cannot be ignored.

Anyways to answer the question of if we were participating in CL this year we wouldnt have gone that far cuz of our average attack.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:20 pm

How many quality LB's are there around?

Not many and even less are available thats why i think they should buy a top quality CB and leave Chiellini at LB, imagins this.......

Lichtsteiner Barzagli Hummels Chiellini :bow:

Disclaimer: I dont think they will get hummels tho, just using an example.

You are playing 3-5-2 because of lack of fullbacks, but i dont see the problem with Chiellini at LB aslong as the two CB's are top quality.....

Also the results with the 3-5-2 are not fantastic.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:23 pm

jibers wrote:

8-2?

8-2 was bad, but there was at least moments were i thought we would have a chance. when it was 3-1 rvp had a penalty to at least make it 3-2 and give us confidence but he missed. we chased the game and conceded more. but overall i understood why we lost by so much, not much wenger could do or the team. but against milan i dont know what we were doing on the pitch.

this is a very poor arsenal side, with no cesc/wilshere we have a pathetic midfield and cant impose ourselves on the opposition. this year we have been on the same level as the EL teams, not CL teams. so milan should not look into this match too much. we have been crappy all season.

we are nothing compared to the teams milan are going to face later on in the competition.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Well if you ask me it would be wasting Chiellini's talent at CB now that he's got an absolute beast of a partner instead of putting him at LB just cuz of the reason that there arent many fullbacks available.

And besides if you move Chiellini to LB you need a truly top class CB to fill the gap which would mean spending 20-25 m alone since they're really expensive nowadays and i honestly dont see that happening.We arent in such a great financial position to execute such moves too.

As much as it might look good on paper,You really need a strong CB PARTNERSHIP and we already have a deadly combo brewing in Barzagli-Chiellini(tho they havent played many games together yet) and we'll see the same pairing for the Azzurri too.So why do we need the chopping and changing ?...in my opinion.

Yes there arent many TOP class LB's out there but i'm sure there are up and coming players which is what our DS will look out for.
This is just me speaking realistically also considering the fact that we would probably reserve most of our budget for buying a top fwd.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:51 pm

I agree in a sense i would just be concerned about the quality of LB's that are available or even just LB's in the world fullstop.

Yes Chiellini best position is CB but hes a great LB aswell and better than the majority of LB's that Juve can get.

As i said before it would be easier for Juve to keep him at LB and sign a CB because there theres more talented CB's around than talented LB's.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:45 am

Knee-Jerk :coffee:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2