Amar
TalkingReckless
Lex
Raptorgunner
The Madrid One
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Learn A New Language Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Learn A New Language Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:14 am

I so badly want to learn Spanish, it seems retarted to me that iam half spanish and dont know a lick of it.......

Any idea's to help me out and anything i could use? apart from rosetta stone because has pointed out it is rather expensive.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Learn A New Language Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Learn A New Language Thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 am

Did Spanish lessons once, it was free....last 3 weeks

I was a ignorant kid though, was like, why am I doing more school lol

Dont know what its like where you at, but there was a place where I lived where they give out free (or cheap) classes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:56 pm

I really have to master spanish, the grammer and stuff I understand, but I can't speak it to save my life. I guess it would be better just to move to Spain I guess, though I am thinking of going to Italy....hmm....
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
imalegend wrote:Learning or Knowing a language means nothing until you can speak it with someone and have hands on experience with it....

i took Chinese in school for 3 years but i learned more by talking to Chinese people then learning it on my own...
Sushi speaking Chines. :bow:

Sushi if you get job offers in Canada take them bro, best country in the world. Very Happy :bow: :

You are right man, both my brothers took the same amount of french classes as I did and my younger one moved to Quebec for the summer and came back he speak french prefect and I cant speak for shit.

I found a place for french classes, so Maybe I will go back, and learn Spanish after.

I totally know people here who have left for Canada. We have plenty of young, educated people who have no problem with repopulation Laughing.

Thing is, I think most are asked to learn French? I don't know any Asian dialect, though Sad. My name has deceived you.

I've always wanted to learn German so I'll give this Rosetta Stone buisiness a try.

Spanish is a pain in the ass, but so damn worth it. I recommend for those who want to learn it to go right ahead. I could give ya a few oral lessons at the very least. PM and I'll add ya on Skype.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Yeah, I probably should learn Spanish first over any other language honestly at the moment. My library has a language program so I may give that a shot first. I'm far too cheap to drop 400 large on Rosetta stone at the moment.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm taking Spanish classes at the moment. I'm thinking of moving to Spain once I learn the language and buy myself a season ticket. Would be nice to follow the season from the Bernabeu instead of the TV. Very Happy
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I so badly want to learn Spanish, it seems retarted to me that iam half spanish and dont know a lick of it.......

Any idea's to help me out and anything i could use? apart from rosetta stone because has pointed out it is rather expensive.

Get a Spanish GF, i swear the best way. My friend been with this Spanish chick and now he almost peaks Spanish.

Listen to Spanish music also. Very Happy at work there are many Spanish workers and its like a radio station, they have been teaching me and now I can have small conversation with them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:50 pm

I don't understand why people think of the price of Rosetta Stone as a large barrier to entry... it's ridiculously overpriced for the service it provides, I don't feel guilty at all for torrenting it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't understand why people think of the price of Rosetta Stone as a large barrier to entry... it's ridiculously overpriced for the service it provides, I don't feel guilty at all for torrenting it.
:lol!: Thumbs up Thumbs up
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Personally I think Rosetta Stone doesn't offer what it makes it looks like it does.

It alone won't make you speak the language, but it's a very good tool for helping you there. It's something I use now and then, but I learn more from other ways.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:01 am

Lol i forgot i could go to the library, library invasion the time has come.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:06 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I so badly want to learn Spanish, it seems retarted to me that iam half spanish and dont know a lick of it.......

Get a Spanish GF, i swear the best way. My friend been with this Spanish chick and now he almost peaks Spanish.

Listen to Spanish music also. Very Happy at work there are many Spanish workers and its like a radio station, they have been teaching me and now I can have small conversation with them.

Quite hard to pull that off, in england when theres more polish then there is anything else Laughing ( not racist just a passionate nationalist)

Spanish Music might be a good idea, i love music so it suits me Very Happy also will look into what Dani said.

BTW Sushi's spanish lessons on Skype :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 am

Was with a Lithuanian girl for almost 4 years, got about 5 words down. Its not quite as simple as getting a gf lol

Then again, I wasnt exactly motivated to learn the language so theres that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:57 am

McLewis wrote:Took Japanese and German in high school....easily two of my favorite classes. Both teachers remain the best I've ever learned from.

Pity I've let both languages fade from memory though since I had no one to speak them with. Only remember and phrases now.

I'm looking into French and Spanish now though.

WTF

I'm in Spanish and in my Jr high (it's 7-9 grades here), it was quite nice, learned a lot in Spanish 1-3.

Now I'm in high school in Spanish 4 and my Spanish has gotten progressively worse throughout the year. They think speaking it without learning more of it makes you a better speaker. Instead, most of us are speaking using spanish 1-3 vocabulary. The only thing I'm better at is speaking very very average spanish faster.

It's absolutely horrific. Not taking it next year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 am

IYO, from the following options, what's the ideal language to learn? I've got around 7 months to spare

German, French, Russian, Italian, Japanese, Arabic

These are the ones available right now, I was actually hoping to learn Spanish.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun May 20, 2012 8:17 am

and why is this in Gaming & Sports lol
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 am

Chinese is one of the easiest language to learn.

And there are 5 billion chinamen so try Chinese.

Last edited by I Have Mono on Sun May 20, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun May 20, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah but they don't offer that course in Maldives :/
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Sun May 20, 2012 8:26 am

Germany wont be starting another world war anytime soo cross that out. Arabic would probably be the most useful. Go work for the government when you graduate.

Although it depends do you want a language that a lot of people know so you can communicate with a bunch of people or one that is rare so that you are in high demand in terms of work ?

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:15 pm

Just saw this thread (three years too late) and I'm surprised no one uses it anymore. I'm currently taking Italian in college (Intermediate 1) and I really want to learn how to speak Italian in an everyday setting. I'm doing well in class but I still am kinda scared to speak it because I'm not fluent just yet. Atm, I just learned the condizionale tense (I would, I could, etc.). I've been trying my best to listen to more songs and learn things I do not know. Also, is it true that when I read Italian, I shouldn't be translating it in my head but reading it as base value? Sometimes I am able to do this while other times I do not know certain verbs or phrases.

Any tips from Italian speakers/language learners?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 am

Don't worry about having to translate things in your head. You'll do it automatically once you get better with the language.

Also, and I know this is tough depending on what kind of person you are, but don't be scared to speak it either. I know you're not confident right now but that's how you get better. They'll know that you're still learning and they'll be a lot more impressed that you're trying to learn a new language.

As far as tips, I think memrise is a great tool for improving your vocab. You learn a word and then review at certain intervals until it's in your long term memory. It's all automatic so you just have to log in and they'll tell you what to review. There's a website (http://www.memrise.com/) and there are also mobile apps.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

What the hell.. when did TMO get banned, and why??
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:30 am

elitedam wrote:Don't worry about having to translate things in your head. You'll do it automatically once you get better with the language.

Also, and I know this is tough depending on what kind of person you are, but don't be scared to speak it either. I know you're not confident right now but that's how you get better. They'll know that you're still learning and they'll be a lot more impressed that you're trying to learn a new language.

As far as tips, I think memrise is a great tool for improving your vocab. You learn a word and then review at certain intervals until it's in your long term memory. It's all automatic so you just have to log in and they'll tell you what to review. There's a website (http://www.memrise.com/) and there are also mobile apps.

Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to listen to more songs recently to get a better grasp of the language. I've heard of memrise but I haven't used it that often, I need to try it again.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2