Gleninho is our most potent attacker

5 posters

Go down

Gleninho is our most potent attacker Empty Gleninho is our most potent attacker

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Watching us this season...Johnson is one of our top 3 attackers. Every game he gets into great positions, dribbles past opposition from fullback area, and has a great touch, pace and is 2 footed.

I used to be against this idea, but considering our other options at RW are Kuyt and Downing, I think we should try Kelly RB and Johnson RW against Brighton. just give it a go ...Johnson carries more attacking threat than Downing + Kuyt to the power of 23423543634.

I know gobshites will blame him for Rooney's goal, but he was by far one of our best players today, and he is just a great footballer and not a speed merchant or body builder like Walker or Richards.

Back to top Go down

Gleninho is our most potent attacker Empty Re: Gleninho is our most potent attacker

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:41 am

I AGREE 100% with u Sepi......Best thing you've said in 2012

Kuyt and Downing just can't give us what we need from the wings. Johnson will be huge for Carroll and our attack. And Kelly will actually continue his development.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Gleninho is our most potent attacker Empty Re: Gleninho is our most potent attacker

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:54 am

You forgot to mention what an average defender he really is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:18 am

But.. but.. he kept a very pacy Walker in his pocket in the entire game agst Spurs.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

Arquitecto wrote:You forgot to mention what an average defender he really is.

I agree, there are many better defending full-backs in the league.

But Johnson is brilliant going forward on his day, I'd give him a go in the wing as well.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:00 pm

I have at times thought of the idea of Kelly playing RB & Glen going forward . . . . won't be bad i presume!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:You forgot to mention what an average defender he really is.

I agree, there are many better defending full-backs in the league.

But Johnson is brilliant going forward on his day, I'd give him a go in the wing as well.

Agreed.

I shared the same sentiments as Sepi as placing Johnson on the wing (as he clearly is a natural winger and not fullback) would assist our width burdens as surely he would be better than the ineffective Kuyt.

I don't see Kenny doing this though.

As for Johson's replacement, I'd place Kelly who is twice the defender Johnson is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum