Giovanni10
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Patrick Bateman
27 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AVB will he last the season ?  Empty AVB will he last the season ?

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2096951/Andre-Villas-Boas-shaken-shock-visit-Roman-Abramovich.html

Daily fail I know.

But what do you make of it ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

AVB will he last the season ?  Empty Re: AVB will he last the season ?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:36 am

Would he get sacked if Mourinho is available? it's likely.

Otherwise, they will stick with what they have and improve the roster, they can do a lot better than what they have. I do know that AVB plays a form of football that requires very specific skill sets all around the pitch, and they are lacking a bit in quality.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 am

He will definitely last the season IMO, the only way Chelsea will consider sacking him is as Nick says Mou comes available or they fail to qualify for the CL.

Either way i think he will stay.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Would he get sacked if Mourinho is available? it's likely.

Otherwise, they will stick with what they have and improve the roster, they can do a lot better than what they have. I do know that AVB plays a form of football that requires very specific skill sets all around the pitch, and they are lacking a bit in quality.

Yeah he needs to bring in his own players who are more suited to this style of football that's he wants to bring to Chelsea.But we all know Roman isn't the most patient of owners.If they don't get a champions league spot I say he'll pull the plug on AVB.
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:47 am

If Chelsea sack him, they would have paid something like 25m (im guessing) for a seasons worth of work when clearly he doesnt have the tools needed to produce better results than this.

Roman came down to watch training.....big deal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 am

I think if you are a bold owner who cares about your club, what happened yesterday is intolerable.

You do not throw away a 3 goal lead against United at Stamford bridge... I was literally thinking "what sorcery is this", the Chelsea of old at home would have just shut up shop at 2-0 and that would have been the end of it.

They threw it away yesterday, poor management and tactics. You're 3-0 up, why is David Luiz trying to dribble it out of his own box every.single.time? Sure he scored Chelsea's 3rd but he was an abomination at the back.. thank g*d for Cahill or Chelsea could have lost in the end.

but that is just a good example of AVB poor managerial skills. first game against United this season and it wasn't 5 min before Chicharito raped Luiz and he did it again yesterday!

What are you doing son? David Luiz? Malouda? put on Romeu who was like a deer in the headlights... If AVB is a prodigy, I'm still waiting to see it.

As Abrahmovic, I would have done something decisive yesterday and fired him after that nonsense.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I think if you are a bold owner who cares about your club, what happened yesterday is intolerable.

You do not throw away a 3 goal lead against United at Stamford bridge... I was literally thinking "what sorcery is this", the Chelsea of old at home would have just shut up shop at 2-0 and that would have been the end of it.

They threw it away yesterday, poor management and tactics. You're 3-0 up, [b]why is David Luiz trying to dribble it out of his own box every.single.time? [/b]Sure he scored Chelsea's 3rd but he was an abomination at the back.. thank g*d for Cahill or Chelsea could have lost in the end.

but that is just a good example of AVB poor managerial skills. first game against United this season and it wasn't 5 min before Chicharito raped Luiz and he did it again yesterday!

What are you doing son? David Luiz? Malouda? put on Romeu who was like a deer in the headlights... If AVB is a prodigy, I'm still waiting to see it.

As Abrahmovic, I would have done something decisive yesterday and fired him after that nonsense.

To be fair, I would wager that AVB was just as frustrated with Luiz as you are. There is NO WAY that AVB told him to make those runs. That reeks of David Luiz's decision making process. (Perhaps Gary Neville was correct after all... No more ten-year-olds will be admitted to Stamford Bridge!) Additionally, Ivanovic and Bosignwa simply did not cut it at fullback. While Essien put in a quality shift, he was forced to cover for Mata's advanced position, Meireles's attacking runs and Luiz's boneheaded meandering forward.

I don't think AVB can be blamed for putting on Romeu, though. What are his other options? More attacking midfielders? Similarly, who could he have played instead of Luiz? Cahill's in for Terry; Ivanovic is at RB for Bosignwa who is covering for Ashley Cole.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Luiz never once went forward when we were 3-0 up. Stop making stuff up ffs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:28 pm

Bizzare comments.

The Chelsea of old? You mean prime Makelele, Cech, Gallas, Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Lamps, Essien and Drogba...sorry, which of these players do Chelsea have and still at that level?

David Luiz? Malouda? Im sorry, who else did AVB have at his disposal?

David Luiz didnt even do anything wrong lol

Romeu? Who else did they have? In fact, it doesnt matter, it was a great idea. Chelsea were coming under pressure and they needed to keep the ball better...a guy with defensive skills and ability in possession..whats wrong with that?

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 pm

please tell me how luiz is supposed to mark Welbeck and Chicharito at the same time?

lets ignore the fact that cahil was marking no one in the pen box Rolling Eyes
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Amazing how people scapegoat players they dont like and ignore when they play well and put all the blame on them when points are dropped.......

And how people bring up excuse after excuse for players they do like for when they dont play well.

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:40 pm

I dont know whose fault is that but the distance they kept between the CBs for that cross was abysmal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:56 pm

AVB tears Sturridge a new one for not tracking back, when Sturridge does track back he causes the penalty (well Webb caused it if we want to be accurate) then he takes Sturridge off despite Evra being on a yellow Laughing

Puts in Romeu who absolutely sh*t his pants vs old man Scholes basically handing United all the momentum.

Bad management, imo AVB isn't nearly as smart as he thinks he is. Likes to play the role of the mad football professor but imo he still has a loooooooong way to go.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:57 pm

It was Ivanovic's fault for allowing Giggs all the time in the World for crossing that ball. Spastic defending.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Gil wrote:It was Ivanovic's fault for allowing Giggs all the time in the World for crossing that ball. Spastic defending.

Gil refusing to blame RMramos and playstationboy at same time :bow:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Again, who was he supposed to put on instead of Romeu?

They needed more defence and more possession...who better?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Again, who was he supposed to put on instead of Romeu?

I don't get this squad excuse. The only player that AVB wanted but couldn't get was Modric and he got a decent midfielder in Raul M. Unless there was someone else he wanted he seems convinced he can do his thing with the guys he currently has.

If he knew he wasn't going to get much support he should never have taken that job in the first place. No sympathy from me in that regard. Even then he took off Mata and Sturridge and gave United all the momentum. If what happened yesterday at the Bridge happened at the Camp or the Bernabeu white hankies would be out. They were 3-0 up Dani at home. No amount of excuses will wash that away.

Now Chelsea could have a long term thing going and that's OK but so long as AVB thinks he can get away with some half assed tactical moves like forcing Sturridge deep where he wasn't comfortable and letting Rooney go unmarked in the hole then Chelsea won't improve.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Where is Mikel? and dont give me the Romeu is better excuse because he's not even close.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:24 pm

Zealous wrote:

I don't get this squad excuse. The only player that AVB wanted but couldn't get was Modric and he got a decent midfielder in Raul M. Unless there was someone else he wanted he seems convinced he can do his thing with the guys he currently has.

If he knew he wasn't going to get much support he should never have taken that job in the first place. No sympathy from me in that regard. Even then he took off Mata and Sturridge and gave United all the momentum. If what happened yesterday at the Bridge happened at the Camp or the Bernabeu white hankies would be out. They were 3-0 up Dani at home. No amount of excuses will wash that away.

Now Chelsea could have a long term thing going and that's OK but so long as AVB thinks he can get away with some half assed tactical moves like forcing Sturridge deep where he wasn't comfortable and letting Rooney go unmarked in the hole then Chelsea won't improve.

Ramires was injured, so was Mikel..thats my point. You can only use the players he has available. Raul M cant defend, thats why he wanted Romeu on in the first place.

How do we know what AVB can and cant get? Its all guesswork, we dont know whats going on inside the club.

3-0 up at home and then they came back...because of two bs pens. Everyone is saying how bad it is, but nobody has succesfully pointed out what AVB could of done.

The momentuum was already with Utd, Mata and Danny coming off didnt hand it over.

I bet if he kept Sturridge on and another goal came down that side, AVB would of got blame. If he took him off (and he did) people say they lost attacking threat. Cant win.

He has to leave Rooney in the hole, they dont have a DM. Another cant win situation. Start Romeu, people say he is too young and got caught like a deer in the headlights (like people are doing) dont start him and you leave Rooney free.

Sturridge had to go deep, because he cant play 433 which again, was because he had no DM.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Just for the record, Chelsea would probably have to pay AVB a HUGE compensation package if he were to be fired so based on that, he'll probably last the season.

Unless, of course, there is some sort of clause stating he can be fired on the 1st season if he doesn't achieve a specific result but who in their right mind would agree to that...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:Bizzare comments.

The Chelsea of old? You mean prime Makelele, Cech, Gallas, Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Lamps, Essien and Drogba...sorry, which of these players do Chelsea have and still at that level?

David Luiz? Malouda? Im sorry, who else did AVB have at his disposal?

David Luiz didnt even do anything wrong lol

Romeu? Who else did they have? In fact, it doesnt matter, it was a great idea. Chelsea were coming under pressure and they needed to keep the ball better...a guy with defensive skills and ability in possession..whats wrong with that?

Exactly.

1) The Chelsea of old, yes. Last time I checked, Abrahmovic was still a billionaire.. i.e. buy some players of the quality Chelsea fans have become used to in the 21st century.

2) David Luiz? Malouda? Yes, he didn't have anyone else at his disposal but that is mostly his own fault for going into a season thinking those players were adequate in the first place.

3) David Luiz, full culpable for the Chicharito header, find a pundit who didn't agree with that. One minute he is watching the Mexican, next moment he's wondered off... did he hear the ice-cream truck driving past? He has the attention span of a 5 year old, you cannot play someone like that in the heart of your defense.

4) Romeu? Basically what Zealous said, Cr@pped his pants and died. He put him on to sure up the midfield but the kid crumbled and handed them the momentum. In that case he should have just left Sturridge on because defenses fear him and Man United wouldn't have felt they had the licence to throw everyone forward.

You remove Sturridge from the front 3, you're left with Malouda and Torres who will not trouble ManU if they have to start a counter from inside their own half.

The substitution was a mistake, bad management.

AVB will he last the season ?  Arjen_robben_is_640_48
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:05 pm

David Luiz was not at fault, watch the goal carefully;he's marking ( or atleast trying to) 2 players, Hernandez and Welbeck.

Meanwhile Ivanovic lets the cross come in and Cahill isnt even bothering to mark anyone and actually no where to be seen.....

Yet somehow its all Luiz fault.....

Luiz was not at fault for any of the goals.

Oh well i have had enough of trying to change people's opinions when its obvious its neigh on impossible.

If you want to blame people that are at no fault at all because its the cool thing to do....

Then go ahead, brings us back to Arsenal v Man Utd a few weeks ago where Arshavin was blamed for Utd's winner when it was Vermealen's fault.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Ramires was injured, so was Mikel..thats my point. You can only use the players he has available. Raul M cant defend, thats why he wanted Romeu on in the first place.

How do we know what AVB can and cant get? Its all guesswork, we dont know whats going on inside the club.

3-0 up at home and then they came back...because of two bs pens. Everyone is saying how bad it is, but nobody has succesfully pointed out what AVB could of done.

The momentuum was already with Utd, Mata and Danny coming off didnt hand it over.

I bet if he kept Sturridge on and another goal came down that side, AVB would of got blame. If he took him off (and he did) people say they lost attacking threat. Cant win.

He has to leave Rooney in the hole, they dont have a DM. Another cant win situation. Start Romeu, people say he is too young and got caught like a deer in the headlights (like people are doing) dont start him and you leave Rooney free.

Sturridge had to go deep, because he cant play 433 which again, was because he had no DM.

Well management isn't easy I never said it was but AVB had two options, try to shore up or try to peg United back, and tbh the chances of the former happening were slim when looking at how Chelsea have defended this season. Especially since Rooney was always available for the pass. Romeu completely failed at his job and while AVB shouldn't really take all the blame for that he should for taking Sturridge off and forcing Mata wide. Scholes was given all the time in the world on the ball.

A better change would have been to take off the ex-player Fernando Torres. At least that way Chelsea still have some form of attacking threat that was capable of putting Evra (who was on a yellow) and Rio (who hasn't been good since lord knows how long) under pressure. Mata in the middle could have put some sort of pressure on Scholes as well.

Arm chair tactics aside no well lead and set up side gives up a 3-0 lead at home. Whenever that happens the coach takes full responsibility. (Webb takes some blame for the blatant Welback dive though)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Sturridge is/was utterly useless defensively and he was brought off to shore up things at the back. I would have taken Malouda off instead of him but unless you have an obvious agenda surely you have to understand why he was taken off.

It's easy saying this or that player should have been brought off but did you see our bench? Only Paulo *bleep* Ferreira (excluding the GK) had more than 10 app for us.

We kept attacking when the score was 3-0. After Webb's assist we sat back and we were pushed back more and more as the game went on so to claim Luiz etc were still going forward is ridiculous.

As I said in the Chelsea section are squad is ridiculously unbalanced. At the start of the season we had 13, 30+ players, 8 20 and younger and only 5 in between those age groups. It's a miracle we're still holding on to fourth. I mean we have to pidgeon-hole our best player out wide because our two best wingers are Malouda and an inexperienced striker ffs.

EDIT: The people blaming Luiz for the goals we conceded btw. Laughing

Obvious scapegoat is obvious.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:29 pm

AVB will he last the season ?  Tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next