Conte: 'Juve now favourites?'

Go down

Conte: 'Juve now favourites?'  Empty Conte: 'Juve now favourites?'

Post by DeviAngel Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Antonio Conte is ready to rotate the Juventus squad against Siena and thanks the media for “considering us Scudetto favourites.”

The Bianconeri are still unbeaten this season and clear at the top of the table with a game in hand, as their midweek trip to Parma was snowed off.

“I must thank the media, who are starting to see Juventus as Scudetto favourites. We did extraordinary work and things are evolving in a fantastic way. Over a few months, the hierarchy of Italian football has changed.

“It’s fun looking back over the early reports on us, claiming we didn’t have any big signings, that our June and July work was disastrous and the Coach was a ‘tactical terrorist.’ Having said that, I continue to consider Milan as the favourites for the title.”

Only the brand new Juventus Stadium seems able to withhold the Siberian winds and snow, which make this the coldest week in Italy for 27 years.

“We know full well that we live in Europe, where it’s only normal for cold weather to come at this time. What we are lacking in Italy are adequate structures,” said the Coach.

“We now have a new problem of having to play three games in six days due to the postponements. We have five matches over two weeks, so I cannot live day by day.

“I have to plan the line-ups based on the form and fitness of my players. When it’s this cold, you have to be in peak condition or you’re likely to suffer an injury.

“Fortunately, we have our stadium which has heating under the pitch. We can guarantee a spectacle despite the climactic conditions.

“Everyone is in good shape at the moment, so I am happy that I’ve got the opportunity to make choices. There will be room for everybody and we need all of our players throughout the campaign. Even those who score a brace can end up on the bench and shouldn’t be surprised.”

Martin Caceres should also be available if his international transfer comes through from Sevilla.

This is a special match for Conte, who took Siena to promotion from Serie B last season before he left in order to take over at Juve.

“Siena are tough opponents and we have to go into this wary of what awaits us.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down