Bolton Wanderers 0 - 0 Arsenal: How the hell did we not win this one?

+18
Emaharg
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
MJ
Sri
RealGunner
Eman
Sushi Master
getdarker
Sina
tsgooner1
urbaNRoots
Amar
REWB
djoe26
EL Patron
Lex
Jay29
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bolton Wanderers 0 - 0 Arsenal: How the hell did we not win this one? - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers 0 - 0 Arsenal: How the hell did we not win this one?

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Maybe the players Wenger signs aren't good enough to convert the chances. He signed them!

Rubbish argument. By that logic, Chamberlain and van Persie aren't good enough, either.

Clearly I meant Walcott/Ramsey

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Bolton Wanderers 0 - 0 Arsenal: How the hell did we not win this one? - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers 0 - 0 Arsenal: How the hell did we not win this one?

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 pm

The Emirates still generates over £1Million more per game than the gate receipts at Old Trafford.

:facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Maybe the players Wenger signs aren't good enough to convert the chances. He signed them!

Rubbish argument. By that logic, Chamberlain and van Persie aren't good enough, either.

Convenient how you pick on only two of the four players culperable of missing chances tonight, isn't it?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:54 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Convenient how you pick on only two of the four players culperable of missing chances tonight, isn't it?

How many one on ones has Wlacott missed now?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Panic merchant No always wants to do everything quickly as well
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:01 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

You've missed the point. Picking on one or two events out of four or five in order to justify blaming someone is a fallacious argument. It's scapegoating and needless hate, which are the most petty things a fan can do.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 am

Havent seen the match but heard from some well informed people that chamberlain was our best player and our game really fell apart when he was subbed. Its like deja vu really
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 am

It isnt only Walcott and Ramsey's fault, tho whole team is to blame. There is no team work and thats why we play like this. Yes i agree if Ramsey and Walcott had taken thier chances then we wouldnt be having this argument. Walcott is so predictable and i cant only blame him because he was doing great when we had Cesc. Walcott's strength is pace and thats what we are not taking advantage of.

Ramsey has been playing poor in some games, dont know if he is tired or lack of confidence but he needs to be dropped as we cant afford to drop points. It is clearly harder than what it was like 2 games ago to reach top 4. Now we need to get back to winning ways and pray that Chelsea/Liverpool drops points.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 am

Havent seen the match but heard from some well informed people that chamberlain was our best player and our game really fell apart when he was subbed. Its like deja vu really

Our game fell apart long before Chamberlain was subsituted. He was not our best player, either.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Convenient how you pick on only two of the four players culperable of missing chances this season, isn't it?

Corrected it for you ^
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 am

I think it's written into Ramsey and Walcott's contracts that they MUST start every single game for the 11/12 campaign.

That, or Wenger is blind.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Half of the starting 11 would not start for most other mid table teams in the EPL. Forget a top 4 team. We have been crap all year playing without a creative mid (Cesc). There is a reason why he always had so many assists. He was able to break down defenses in the final 3rd and feed people the ball for easy brainless goals. Now we do not have that player and are relying on RVP alone.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:I think it's written into Ramsey and Walcott's contracts that they MUST start every single game for the 11/12 campaign.

Whoelse would you start over Walcott? i dont think Wenger has a choice. As for Ramsey, he is one of my favorite player but he needs to sit on bench for one or two games. Rosicky has been playing well recently.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am

rosicky to replace ramsey.

park to replace walcott

lets do this....
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am

I don't know how people continue to defend Wenger. We are 7th for goodness sake, below Newcastle United!

The players, a few aside, aren't good enough! Wake up.

This time last season we were 2nd, 11 points clear of Spurs.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:44 am

I dont defend Wenger as he is to blame for not buying players or loaning when we needed but all i say is we lack team work.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:47 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:I think it's written into Ramsey and Walcott's contracts that they MUST start every single game for the 11/12 campaign.

djoe26 wrote:

Whoelse would you start over Walcott? i dont think Wenger has a choice. As for Ramsey, he is one of my favorite player but he needs to sit on bench for one or two games. Rosicky has been playing well recently.

When Walcott plays it looks like we are one man down, so any other player would do better than him.

I swear he is clueless when he gets the ball, he will not even look and cross the ball and there is no one anywhere in the penalty box. He has one move and its easy to read it.

I think Wenger is scared of losing Walcott and no mater how shit he is game after game he will play and not sub him.

If Ramsey and Wlacott played in any other big clubs they would not make the bench.

We cant blame the players any more, its the manager who sends them out there to get eaten by other teams.

Wenger has failed its time to thank him and get a new coach who will get in to the players face and have the balls to bench them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Convenient how you pick on only two of the four players culperable of missing chances this season, isn't it?

Corrected it for you ^

Conveniently ignoring previous seasons where your two scapegoats happened to actually score goals and look like decent goalscorers. You weren't blaming Wenger for signing them then, were you?

Half of the starting 11 would not start for most other mid table teams in the EPL. Forget a top 4 team. We have been crap all year playing without a creative mid (Cesc). There is a reason why he always had so many assists. He was able to break down defenses in the final 3rd and feed people the ball for easy brainless goals. Now we do not have that player and are relying on RVP alone.

Half of the first team? Where did you get that from? Last I chekced, only two players at the moment are not playing at all well and that's Walcott and Ramsey. Hardly half the first team.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:I don't know how people continue to defend Wenger. We are 7th for goodness sake, below Newcastle United!

The players, a few aside, aren't good enough! Wake up.

This time last season we were 2nd, 11 points clear of Spurs.

Who's defending Wenger? I don't know about any others but all I'm doing is pointing the flaws in your logic, which are plentiful.

Like right now, you're criticising Walcott and blaming Wenger for even buying him, but it's the very same player that was a large reason behind why the team did so well up to this point last season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Corrected it for you ^

Conveniently ignoring previous seasons where your two scapegoats happened to actually score goals and look like decent goalscorers. You weren't blaming Wenger for signing them then, were you?

Half of the first team? Where did you get that from? Last I chekced, only two players at the moment are not playing at all well and that's Walcott and Ramsey. Hardly half the first team.

Why are both playing every single game? And then Wenger says "we got tired". Ilogical.

Arshavin, Benayoun, Rosicky on bench.

Never EVER been a fan of Walcott. Not good enough. Nowhere near. Just threatens to run at a left-back, crosses the ball, defender clears. Very very average player. Spurs got Bale, we got Walcott, from Southampton. (They paid less too!)

Chamberlain 4 years younger, twice the player.

Would be delighted to see Walcott leave in the summer.

Ramsey superb potential, but just starting way too many games.

You forgot last season already? Wilshere 49 games.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Our game fell apart long before Chamberlain was subsituted. He was not our best player, either.

Already gathered what your opinion on him was, and i cant add to it having not seen the game. But i have heard from both arsenal and bolton fans that were very impressed with him, and it did seem from what i gathered that our performance dropped when we sent on a 34 year old in his place
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:08 am

Why are both playing every single game? And then Wenger says "we got tired". Ilogical.

Arshavin, Benayoun, Rosicky on bench.

Rotation is necessary. I agree.

Never EVER been a fan of Walcott. Not good enough. Nowhere near. Just threatens to run at a left-back, crosses the ball, defender clears. Very very average player. Spurs got Bale, we got Walcott, from Southampton. (They paid less too!)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Evidently you've forgetten that nobody, certainly not Tottenham, thought Bale could become the player he is now. He was on the verge of being loaned out to a Championship side a couple of years ago.

You're not going to change your mind on Walcott, evidently, but I think it's pathetic that you'd be delighted to see a 22 year old player leave in the summer after having one bad season with the club.

Chamberlain 4 years younger, twice the player.

Won't even bother with this, since Chamberlain right now is the messiah and Walcott is a scapegoat thus I cannot expect any reasonable opinion.

You forgot last season already? Wilshere 49 games.

I'm not even arguing that they should be playing every game. Don't know why you felt the need to bring this up.

Already gathered what your opinion on him was, and i cant add to it having not seen the game. But i have heard from both arsenal and bolton fans that were very impressed with him, and it did seem from what i gathered that our performance dropped when we sent on a 34 year old in his place

Not saying he didn't play well. He did, just not to the standards that a lot of people seem to think he did.

Bringing on a 34 year old for anybody would hinder your performance in some form, especially when that 34 year old is expected to change a game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 am

I don't care if it's Theo, Rambo or anyone else, the whole team played like crap and all must take a blame, including Wenger & the board. The 2nd half performance was shameful, no desire, drive, the whole attitude of "*bleep* it" is all there, even Wenger with his questionable substitution, no player to sub for Theo or Ramsey? bullshit, Yosi & Tomas could easily perform better, no team who pushing for top 4 should play like that.

The fact that fans clinging on Ox as some sort of savior is even scarier, he had average game, still better than most of our attacking players. Nope, we can not push top 4 with the tired RVP, has been legend Henry and young savior Ox.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

Corrected it for you ^

The only people that would start for someone else are RVP, TV, Sczcesny, Sagna and maybe song and Kos. The rest are not AFC or top 4 quality...

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:27 am

Mertesacker, Arteta and Gervinho are not top four quality?

Hell, you even said these guys wouldn't start for "mid table" teams, which is laughable.

As I said, only two players are currently not playing well, which are Ramsey and Walcott. The rest are fine and would get into fellow top four teams.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:04 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Mertesacker, Arteta and Gervinho are not top four quality?

Hell, you even said these guys wouldn't start for "mid table" teams, which is laughable.

As I said, only two players are currently not playing well, which are Ramsey and Walcott. The rest are fine and would get into fellow top four teams.

I agree with Jay, we have many qulaty players but there are one or 2 bring us down.

Wlacott and Ramsey can start for every team in PL but if they play the way play for Arsenal they wont even be on the bench.

Jay i know you have been replaying to all of us with logic, but the thing is we are so mad its beyond listing to anything anyone says. We need a big change and it has to start next game.

Walcoot and Ramsey have to be benched of the next game and Wenger has to take charge, who cares if by benching them will make them unhappy or Walcott will not sign with us.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next