Patrick Bateman
Lex
Grande_Milano
aleumdance
Babun
50 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

One reason why AC Milan will lose to Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: One reason why AC Milan will lose to Arsenal

Post by zarola Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:08 am

The Verminator wrote:Why the hell is everyone writing off Arsenal? Da hell. Same thing was said to us when we beat Barce 2-1. It's like you guys never learn.

If Hercules beat Barce, why can't we beat Milan?
Newcastle smashed Yanited 3-0.

You know where i'm getting at. Soccer is unpredictable and you guys are making it sound like we are a Sunday league team compared to Milan. To say we have no chance is absolutely ridiculous....

Milan are champions of Italy. Strong defensively, looks like even offensively now.

Arsenal have been incapable of beating two teams that failed to qualify for champions league as far as I know.

I've always stood by Arsenal, thought they were going to knock out Barca last two years, even put money on it buuuut now's a different story. Looks like not only are they struggling with injuries and problems on the field but with their management, Van Persie didn't look happy at all when Ox was subbed out

zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

One reason why AC Milan will lose to Arsenal - Page 4 Empty Re: One reason why AC Milan will lose to Arsenal

Post by matpol Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:20 am

Odds to progress:

bwin Milan - 1.90
Arsenal - 1.85

gamebookers Milan - 1.80
Arsenal - 1.95

bet365 Milan - 1.90
Arsenal - 1.83

Arsenal slight favourite for the bookies. Let's see what happens but odds are tasty. I may bet some money before first leg.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:48 am

We dont care who is AC Milan in Italy and Europe.

We make sure not to lose to someone who got knocked out from Spurs.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:53 am

the arsenal fans are still as annoying as ever on these forums but the simple truth is that we are by no means are "favourites". our results against other big teams and in CL in general havn't been all that great or amazing actually!, the latest defeat to inter also had me worrying. arsenal may be nowhere as good as man utd but still they pose a real challenge, a very dangerous and unpredictable one.

we're supposed to have a very string and lethal attack but that attack has failed against inter, juve and tottenham last year, i say we should be humble and keep our feet on the ground, arsenal are no slouch...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:58 am

Don't generalize on Arsenal fans here.

I'm still confident, but I know that Milan is a very hard opponent. Even if we aren't favorites in some people's eyes, as an Arsenal fan I will never admit to being inferior to another team. I just got too damn pride in my club.

Now, with that said, it will have a lot to do with who is fit for the match. We'll just wait and see.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Interista809 Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:59 am

I've seen Arsenal's last 5 games at least and they have been struggling. They gonna need to pick things up to beat Milan but obviously they can do it. Odds mean nothing last years the odds where that Bayern would beat Inter and that we would beat Schalke....check what happened.

Milan have a couple of injuries that could hurt them in Aquilani, Boateng and Pato but at least Boateng seems to be coming back for this match.

I'd say 55-45 in favor of Milan. If Arsenal had Wilshere I would say its 50-50 then but it seems he's not coming back for a while.
Interista809
Interista809
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:02 am

Iv never been this confident tbh.

Id fear Napoli more than Milan.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 am

I have no confidence in us getting a result against Milan, we can't even beat Swansea. We have no fit RB's or LB's and we know Milan will target these areas.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

Emaharg wrote:We have no fit RB's or LB's.
You do realize half of them will be fit by the Milan game, right?

Hell, Sagna might even play this weekend
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:22 am

Plus fullbacks hardly matter as far defence goes when facing Milan, they almost exclusively play through the middle they have hardly any width at all........

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:23 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Plus fullbacks hardly matter as far defence goes when facing Milan, they almost exclusively play through the middle they have hardly any width at all........

I thought about that...

But thats where Abate and the other guy in the left will suffer.. Very Happy
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:52 am

highburied wrote:We dont care who is AC Milan in Italy and Europe.

We make sure not to lose to someone who got knocked out from Spurs.

Spurs are 10 points ahead of you guys at the moment. Sooooo, yeah. Good argument. I'm not going to get into the whole "Milan dominated over both legs against spurs" thing right now, but seriously, let's be realistic. Spurs were extremely lucky to make it through and were clearly the inferior side. So stop using that as a means to judge Milan's quality.

Tbh I'm not sure how Arsenal can be considered favourites. Last year they were fourth in the EPL, Milan were champions of Serie A. This year they're 5th in EPL, and Milan are one point from the top. Not that that's a full proof way of judging teams but it gives you an idea to each side's quality. Truth be told, the only player I'm worried about is RVP. Your defense is good but no where near great. Your midfield, while better than ours, is still relatively average, and your attack is coming up against one of the best defenses in Europe. You have no reason to be confident, but, alas it is your duty as a fan to have confidence in your team so do as you wish.

I don't know, I can't be the only one who's less than impressed by Arsenal? Drawing them was one of the best outcomes we could've hoped for imo.

THAT BEING SAID, I do respect Arsenal quite a bit. They are still a quality side and on their day can give any top team trouble. I actually find their method of playing quite entertaining (when they're playing well). To say the least, I expect it to be a thrilling encounter and hope Milan can come out on top. If not...well, sh1t.

Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am

I am gonna get attacked for this

but if Milan put all their attention on RVP= GAMEOVER

another this is, Sagna and Gervinho would play..

the whole team would be back except wilshergoat
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:59 am

highburied wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Plus fullbacks hardly matter as far defence goes when facing Milan, they almost exclusively play through the middle they have hardly any width at all........

I thought about that...

But thats where Abate and the other guy in the left will suffer.. Very Happy
In your dreams Laughing
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Ganso wrote:most in form striker in europe?

Ibra:28apps 24 goals 7 assists
RVP:32 apps 24 goals 6 assists

for NT and club

half of ibras goals are penalties dot dot dot dot dot
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:03 pm

man spanky i love ur sig

stupud bitch won't take off her shirt though
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:05 pm

spanky489 wrote:
Ganso wrote:most in form striker in europe?

Ibra:28apps 24 goals 7 assists
RVP:32 apps 24 goals 6 assists

for NT and club

half of ibras goals are penalties dot dot dot dot dot
Rolling Eyes
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Ibra scored against real defenders not shabby english defenders.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:19 pm

red&blacklegion wrote:Ibra scored against real defenders not shabby english defenders.

Laughing so because there shabby, ibra doesnt want to score against them?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Let's face it Milanistas, the English media has got to some of these gunners, who now think they have a GOAT team whenever they do not have injuries, and expect to be facing some strange continental squad with lethargic players that are 20 years past their prime...

The Daily Fail has labelled the key men for this game as RvP for Arsenal and Emerson for Milan.

English commentators:

"The Italian side will play their typical defensive Italian style which was developed in Italy."

"They have lost their star player Kaka, which will make a big difference to the outcome of this game."

"In many ways, this is a clash between the old guard and the future of modern football."

---

Let's face it, they will keep talking crap until we win. Even if we thrash them 3-0 or more at the San Siro, they will be confident of a comeback at the Emirates.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the 'underdog' status while we can. Razz
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Dude we don't think we have the best team ever man what you on bro?

Look man we just think that without injuries our starting 11 contains many great individuals.

Szczesny is a great keeper.
Sagna is absolutely solid.
Vermaelen. Don't need to say anything.
Koscielny is on great form this season.
Gibbs can be a bit average.
Arteta is a great passer and a disciplined defender in midfield
Song is sometimes found wanting defensively but he does have his great days.
Wilshere is a beast. Don't need to say anything else.
Gervinho is a fantastic dribbler, very fast, only downfall is his productivity.
RVP - see wi;shere and verm
Walcott is very fast and can cause damage but he is woefully out of form.

That's a very good squad right there. That is atleast capable of a top 4 finish in the EPL. This isn't the best squad ever, but it is indeed a good one.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yeah ok brah, because i'm sure the Italian media and commentators are splitting this one down the middle and not hyping up Milan, either Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Let's face it Milanistas, the English media has got to some of these gunners, who now think they have a GOAT team whenever they do not have injuries, and expect to be facing some strange continental squad with lethargic players that are 20 years past their prime...

The Daily Fail has labelled the key men for this game as RvP for Arsenal and Emerson for Milan.

English commentators:

"The Italian side will play their typical defensive Italian style which was developed in Italy."

"They have lost their star player Kaka, which will make a big difference to the outcome of this game."

"In many ways, this is a clash between the old guard and the future of modern football."

---

Let's face it, they will keep talking crap until we win. Even if we thrash them 3-0 or more at the San Siro, they will be confident of a comeback at the Emirates.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the 'underdog' status while we can. Razz

milan are favourites, dont know were your getting this underdog status from, most arsenal fans are saying you are favourites....and of course the english media are going to be bias use your brain, what about the italian media? what are they saying?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Lex wrote:

Yeah ok brah, because i'm sure the Italian media and commentators are splitting this one down the middle and not hyping up Milan, either Rolling Eyes

i know right? some people sometimes act really thick. even though i know he is probably a smart lad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Let me start off by saying that there is no shame in losing to Milan. HOWEVER facing Milan does not seem all that scary. They are the type of team our defenders + Song and Arteta do well against.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Before I respond, I think I need to point out that my post was laden with sarcasm. Hence, Razz at the end.

The Verminator wrote:Dude we don't think we have the best team ever man what you on bro?

Look man we just think that without injuries our starting 11 contains many great individuals.

Szczesny is a great keeper.
Sagna is absolutely solid.
Vermaelen. Don't need to say anything.
Koscielny is on great form this season.
Gibbs can be a bit average.
Arteta is a great passer and a disciplined defender in midfield
Song is sometimes found wanting defensively but he does have his great days.
Wilshere is a beast. Don't need to say anything else.
Gervinho is a fantastic dribbler, very fast, only downfall is his productivity.
RVP - see wi;shere and verm
Walcott is very fast and can cause damage but he is woefully out of form.

That's a very good squad right there. That is atleast capable of a top 4 finish in the EPL. This isn't the best squad ever, but it is indeed a good one.

If I attempt to analyse this seriously, I would argue that there is still some bias in this assessment, but this is understandable. E.g. there are few non-Arsenal fans that would rate Szczesny a "great" keeper, however, I have no problem with this. I never did say that all Arsenal fans consider their team to be one of their best in recent times, I was just alluding to the fact that there are some, just as there are some Milan fans, who think that their squad is the best ever and has no faults whatsoever.

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
milan are favourites, dont know were your getting this underdog status from, most arsenal fans are saying you are favourites....and of course the english media are going to be bias use your brain, what about the italian media? what are they saying?

Once again, I was just offering some funny observations of the stereotypical trash that is said about Milan. No need to get defensive. The sad thing is that there are many fans who believe this stuff because they don't know any better. And yes, of course the Italian media will hype Milan, we are the Italian champs after all. I thought that putting 'underdog' is quotations was enough...

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Lex wrote:

i know right? some people sometimes act really thick. even though i know he is probably a smart lad

Thick means stupid, not just disagreeing with your opinion. If you can't accept a different opinion that's not my fault at all. In any case, I was clearly joking, and I thought I was being pretty obvious.

In future I will add 100 x Rolling Eyes so that people get the point. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next