kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
Babun
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Milan's first half against Arsenal Empty Milan's first half against Arsenal

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 am

It was a disgrace towards football. They didn't even show up, walking zombies...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Milan's first half against Arsenal Empty Re: Milan's first half against Arsenal

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:38 am

ROFL eco smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:39 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:ROFL eco smile
If they bash Bundesliga instead of Neverkusen then let's tell the mighty Serie A the truth. I couldn't care less about Milan though...
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:40 am

You sound pretty pissed Babun.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:41 am

Difference is Babun, we could afford to do as such, Neverkusen couldn't.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:47 am

I dont really care about the team's mentality in that game or how complacent they were but it simply showed that Milan arent an elite level team.Simple as.

Watch them bottle it against the likes of APOEL or Benfica.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:51 am

LMAO

Good people of Goal-Legacy, go to the Milan section to see some real discussion about our the game. This is just going to be a Milan-bashing thread.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 am

Surag wrote:I dont really care about the team's mentality in that game or how complacent they were but it simply showed that Milan arent an elite level team.Simple as.

I am dissapoint u feel that way. We never claimed to be "elite" as that tag clearly belongs to Barca and Real.

Also i get the feel as though u are implying that Arsenal aren't a very good team, may i remind you that Arsenal haven't lost a home game in cl for many years now regardless of who shows up.

And please direct me to towards another good team who had to deal with as many Injuries and Suspensions as we have and is still on top of its domestic league and through to the last 8 in Europe's premier club competition.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:13 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Surag wrote:I dont really care about the team's mentality in that game or how complacent they were but it simply showed that Milan arent an elite level team.Simple as.

I am dissapoint u feel that way. We never claimed to be "elite" as that tag clearly belongs to Barca and Real.

Also i get the feel as though u are implying that Arsenal aren't a very good team, may i remind you that Arsenal haven't lost a home game in cl for many years now regardless of who shows up.

And please direct me to towards another good team who had to deal with as many Injuries and Suspensions as we have and is still on top of its domestic league and through to the last 8 in Europe's premier club competition.

Uhmm..I think those injuries and suspensions wouldnt have made a great deal except for Kevin Prince Boateng.

Aquilani came on did do a decent job but by then Arsenal intensity was down compared to what it was in the first half and most of their players were tired..So i am not sure he would have 'REALLY' made a difference had he started.

The only person i would say who was really missed was Boateng.

You had basically 80% of your first eleven and no i am not saying Arsenal are bad as earlier i tipped them to go through but the perfomance honestly is not how top tier teams play.Even Bayern Munich who are struggling atm would have done better imo.

I am sure you would've had your heart in your mouth ,you were almost going to be eliminated with a 4-0 lead and that is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.And complacency is honestly a lame excuse.

Watching Milan in this year's tournament so far,they have clear and open weaknesses which are waiting to be exploited a situation where Bayern find themselves as well.You can call them the two "outsiders" to win the CL but in reality not good enough to win it.

This has been a CL where mediocre teams have gotten better whereas quality of the top teams bar Real and Barca have gone down.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 am

this thread is a disgrace, just because bundesliga club get hammered by almighty barcelona guy vents his frustation on completely different game of different circumstances.... awful... Evil or Very Mad

i m done showing respect , some people are just unbelievable....

i have always done my best, so has some of my fellow milan mates, some guys here just loves taking pleasure in writing pointless stuff...

Last edited by JespSwe on Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

let him be mate, as far as i know he is a juve fan, and pretty obvious that he has more anti-message to talk about than positives. other juve fans i know are lot more respectful and courteous. we were piss poor in that game, but this game is over, and done with. our club has learnt a lesson from arsenal, our players fans have praised them and learnt to take nothing for granted.

its done, and over... why there should be every bloody threat accusing us this and that.. :facepalm:

yes and there aint many milan fans in this forum, nor anywhere where we have boasted about us being the best of the world... lol. we have always said that barcelona and real madrid are step above everyone else. and midfield and fullback position is a weakness, we have severe injuries..

people dont get it and they have hate for us. thats their problem. i dont see how everything is AC Milan is fault...

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:43 am

Even though i have almost lost my respect for Milan ,i dont usually want to be negative towards them as majority of their fans are excellent.

But there are some really idiotic Milan fans which forces me too.Namely cheap attention seekers like Baresi.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 am

Surag wrote:
Uhmm..I think those injuries and suspensions wouldnt have made a great deal except for Kevin Prince Boateng.
I wasn't talking about this specific game, i was talking in reference to our season thus far.

Aquilani came on did do a decent job but by then Arsenal intensity was down compared to what it was in the first half and most of their players were tired..So i am not sure he would have 'REALLY' made a difference had he started.
Aquilani wasn't even fit for this game, did u see his gut sticking out by any chance Laughing Their 1st half intensity was their own undoing they played too fast and pressed way too much and they didn't keep enough in the tank to see out the job till the end. We had no options to the players that was on the pitch, the bench had two GK and two primavera players who hasn't even made their official Serie A debut yet.

You had basically 80% of your first eleven and no i am not saying Arsenal are bad as earlier i tipped them to go through but the perfomance honestly is not how top tier teams play.Even Bayern Munich who are struggling atm would have done better imo.

It wasn't about who was on the pitch, it was about the tactics employed and the mentality the team went to on the pitch. We went with the intent of trading early blows and going toe to toe, well that clearly didn't go well for the following reason, Arsenal is much better suited to play that way than we are. They are faster and attack into an area that we are weak defensively i.e Lb and we attack centrally into their strongest defensive area which is the centre.

I am sure you would've had your heart in your mouth ,you were almost going to be eliminated with a 4-0 lead and that is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.And complacency is honestly a lame excuse.

What other excuse is there but complacency, our finishing was dreadful the midfield went AWOL , the forwards didn't track back or pressure properly. The midfield intensity wasn't there and severely lacking. We weren't compact and were spread out. The attributes that actually define this team wasn't present in the first half but when it came down to the nitty gritty we controlled the game in the second and had supremacy. Arsenal took advantage and literally threw everything at us we managed to hold on and that is all that matters

Watching Milan in this year's tournament so far,they have clear and open weaknesses which are waiting to be exploited a situation where Bayern find themselves as well.You can call them the two "outsiders" to win the CL but in reality not good enough to win it.
Weakness like every other team, but some hide it better than others. Its funny how some teams are seen as invincible until the day comes when they lose and at the same moment it becomes apparent why they lost.

This has been a CL where mediocre teams have gotten better whereas quality of the top teams bar Real and Barca have gone down.

What top teams did Man u have to beat to get to the final last year? How many did Bayern the year before that , Real only beat Spurs and boom they were in the Semi's. There are more realistic threats in this years Cl than there was the past 3 tournaments. Not to mention that there wasn't many easy groups this season as well , which was the norm for a few season's.

EDIT: just saw your post Jespswe, Surag is cool dude, he is secretly a Milanista Razz Surag is right to critize us for that horrible display.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:33 am

Surag wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:

Our injury list:

Ale Nesta: Some of the people (even non-milan fans) argue that he is our best CB as our backline looks and is far commanded better WITH him on the back along with the difference to Thiago's performances.

Gattuso: One of our best midfielders last season and was vital to many of our wins.

Flamini: Certainly better than the average Nocerino as showed last year.

Seedorf: As slow as he may be his class and vision has proven vital on the big stage.

Pato: Despite his bad form he has a tendency to show up in big games but I'll give benefit of the doubt here.

Merkel: In his 2 games played he augmented our midfield considerably and was opted as a starter before his injury

Cassano: Our best forward after Ibra.

Prince: You mentioned this

Aquilani: Watch when he came in the 2nd half and the difference it made to our team.

The rest would not have made such a substantial difference.

I'm presently surprised you haven't observed the dilemma most teams face when sitting on such a large advantage. Which is why most times are prone to comebacks simply because its hard to formulate a standard game plan in such situations along with the fact its even harder transcending it onto the players. The pre-match preparation was Allegri's fault due to him not giving our team any gameplan or motivation to prepare there mentality.

If you watched Milan more, you would have realized our tactics were completely different then to what we actually play whether playing well or not. Worst thing is, you judge Milan just by ONE half yet forget to mention the 2nd:

ONLY Second Half STATs: Arsenal 0-0 Milan : Possession: %42-%58, Pass Accuracy: %71-%80, Shots(On Target): 2(1)-11(5).
Possession: %42-%58, Pass Accuracy: %71-%80, Shots(On Target): 2(1)-11(5).

Doesn't seem to bad does it? Along with the fact that we were slowed down by the inertia of the 1st in recovery.

You also forget to mention we played a 4-3-3 which we haven't played since Allegri's first 3 months in charge and which was scrapped since it clearly was our worst possible formation.

Our injuries wasn't even the problem. Its simply because our team and manager did not prepare for this game and took the team far to easily.

And complacency is an excuse because if the game was readily prepared for then there is no doubt this performance would have occurred. There is a difference between being outplayed and letting someone outplay you.

And when did Milan fans say we are elite and CL competitors?

And Bayern would have done better? On what basis? Who even rates that team now? Give me a break.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:38 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:I wasn't talking about this specific game, i was talking in reference to our season thus far.

Yeah you've done well in the league with all those injuries and suspensions

But you still had majority of your first eleven playing.

Ibra,Silva,MVB,Nocerino,Binho,Abate,Mesbah too considering he is better than Antonini.

Now please dont tell me Milan are reliant on players such as Boateng and Aquilani as you've been able to cope and play well without them.

Also your team was in good shape going into this tie.

Aquilani wasn't even fit for this game, did u see his gut sticking out by any chance Their 1st half intensity was their own undoing they played too fast and pressed way too much and they didn't keep enough in the tank to see out the job till the end. We had no options to the players that was on the pitch, the bench had two GK and two primavera players who hasn't even made their official Serie A debut yet.

Which basically strengthened my point.Aquilani would not have been able to cope with the pace and high pressure of the Arsenal team plus he really isnt one of the best at keeping the ball so i dont really understand Aquilani missing would have made that big of a difference really.

So now you directly go about complaining about the lack of bench options for your undoing ?Seriously..

What other excuse is there but complacency, our finishing was dreadful the midfield went AWOL , the forwards didn't track back or pressure properly. The midfield intensity wasn't there and severely lacking. We weren't compact and were spread out. The attributes that actually define this team wasn't present in the first half but when it came down to the nitty gritty we controlled the game in the second and had supremacy. Arsenal took advantage and literally threw everything at us we managed to hold on and that is all that matters

Agreed.You basically described how Milan played.

But my point in this case is Allegri's motivational skills are terrible.It not only has to do with the quality of the team but also the coach who plays a big part in preparing the team.Now matter how big the lead you have ,you dont send out your side in a game against a big team play like a pub team.

I honestly think Milan have a bit of weakness in their coach as well..Now thats another negative.

Weakness like every other team, but some hide it better than others. Its funny how some teams are seen as invincible until the day comes when they lose and at the same moment it becomes apparent why they lost.

When you hypothetically look at Milan's team i would say that it has open weakness.More often than not i would expect an Antonini or whoever to perform badly or your midfield fairing poorly against quality teams.I am just describing the probability of it happening ,more so than other top teams.

At the end of the day though ,perfomance on the day counts.

What top teams did Man u have to beat to get to the final last year? How many did Bayern the year before that , Real only beat Spurs and boom they were in the Semi's. There are more realistic threats in this years Cl than there was the past 3 tournaments. Not to mention that there wasn't many easy groups this season as well , which was the norm for a few season's.

Well yeah..

But look at the quality of Manu,Arsenal,Chelsea,Inter etc this season compared to last season.

Milan have improved but not by a big margin.

And you look at the likes of Basel who were poor last year.APOEL too.So these are some of the examples you know.

But i was mainly talking about teams that can win the champions league and the two Spanish sides are levels ahead of the rest and quite frankly i just dont see another side other than the two lifting the CL.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:48 am

I can't agree with this, you cannot separate Milan's mentality in the first half, and how the half was played out, because IF we came in with the right attitude, game would've gone differently and you can judge then... if you were saying Milan aren't an elite level team based on how they performed this season, I'd give you the chance to explain yourself (obviously not exactly at the level of madrid and barca atm)

You really can't separate the two in this game.

Also if you consider only Boateng to be an important player to be missed (in the starting XI) for us, Arsenal really only missed Wilshere and Arteta... and chamberlain who played CM for one of them had a motm performance.... Definitely not taking anything away from Arsenal, just trying to see things from all angles, because both team had a major amount of injured/suspended players.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

Arquitecto wrote:Ale Nesta: Some of the people (even non-milan fans) argue that he is our best CB as our backline looks and is far commanded better WITH him on the back along with the difference to Thiago's performances.

Debatable.But i agree in a sense that Silva looks much more secure with Nesta in the backline.But we've also seen how Nesta has struggled to cope with pace.

Gattuso: One of our best midfielders last season and was vital to many of our wins.

Are you kidding me ?Please..he wont even start ahead of Nocerino FFS.He's done.

Flamini: Certainly better than the average Nocerino as showed last year.

You say he's average as Nocerino but he is as average as him.Plus his perfomance is far worse than him especially when you compare Nocerino of this year and Flamini of last year.

Pato: Despite his bad form he has a tendency to show up in big games but I'll give benefit of the doubt here.

What big games has he shown up this year ?Inter ?Juve ?Napoli ?oh pls in before that Barca goal.

He is out of form and out of favor..Deal with it.

Cassano: Our best forward after Ibra.

I'll give you that but you have to understand Arsenal were pretty much depleted as well which evens it out.

I'm presently surprised you haven't observed the dilemma most teams face when sitting on such a large advantage. Which is why most times are prone to comebacks simply because its hard to formulate a standard game plan in such situations along with the fact its even harder transcending it onto the players. The pre-match preparation was Allegri's fault due to him not giving our team any gameplan or motivation to prepare there mentality.

If you watched Milan more, you would have realized our tactics were completely different then to what we actually play whether playing well or not. Worst thing is, you judge Milan just by ONE half yet forget to mention the 2nd:

ONLY Second Half STATs: Arsenal 0-0 Milan : Possession: %42-%58, Pass Accuracy: %71-%80, Shots(On Target): 2(1)-11(5).
Possession: %42-%58, Pass Accuracy: %71-%80, Shots(On Target): 2(1)-11(5).

Doesn't seem to bad does it? Along with the fact that we were slowed down by the inertia of the 1st in recovery.

You also forget to mention we played a 4-3-3 which we haven't played since Allegri's first 3 months in charge and which was scrapped since it clearly was our worst possible formation.

Our injuries wasn't even the problem. Its simply because our team and manager did not prepare for this game and took the team far to easily.

And complacency is an excuse because if the game was readily prepared for then there is no doubt this performance would have occurred. There is a difference between being outplayed and letting someone outplay you.

And when did Milan fans say we are elite and CL competitors?

And Bayern would have done better? On what basis? Who even rates that team now? Give me a break.

Barca thrashed Bayern at their home 4-0 and they held then to a draw that year.Well thats quite frankly how Champions play.And Bayern were no mugs when Ribery was ripping it back then.

You really need to put in a professional perfomance and get the job done and here we saw Milan almost getting eliminated.And the blame directly goes to the coach who i think its a bold prediction from me but he wont win a CL anytime sooner depending on how long he's with Milan.

Milan had personnel to see them out but it really was a horror show though.

And yes i am aware of that second half stats but Milan still looked like conceding and Arsenal surely should have been more clinical.Ultimately they ran out of steam though.

Well yes you played 4-3-3 and Allegri basically showed his naivety when it comes to tactics once again ,players missing wasnt the problem.

A coach is as good his team :coffee:

There is a difference between being outplayed and letting someone outplay you.

Yes it makes a difference and a difference in the mentality of the team.Milan got outplayed anyways in my opinion.end of.similar to the Udinese game.

Milan fans are usually humble..Apart from a few who i tend to ignore nobody has really gloated their team to such an extent but i've seen outsiders saying they can win CL which frankly i dont think so.

I honestly would have not seen Bayern getting drubbed like this.As they always have this knack of coming back and punish you.But this is just my opinion anyways.They arent good atm tho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:54 am

Surag wrote:

You had basically 80% of your first eleven....

I'm assuming that to some extent you'd have watched Milan's full match a couple of time and I expect that you ought to see how important Boateng is to Milan, and should have reasonably expects that the 80% of our first eleven won't work well if there's no Boateng as our next best alternative is hoof ball to Ibra and expect magic given there's no other alternative to Boateng due to our injury list.

I'd probably go even further by saying that without Boateng, Milan won't be able to play their usual game.

Setting that aside, sure the first half was atrocious, but Milan did what Arsenal couldn't on the first leg, compose themselves and stop the game from slipping away even though it was aided by the lack of option from Arsenal's bench and the tiredness of their squad from their 1st half pressing.

and... if anyone consider Milan's current team as an elite, then Barca & Real should be considered as omnipotent.

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Idk to thnx Milan for giving us a brilliant chance beating em in a way !but dammit we just couldn't manage it..any..Congratz guys n good luck in next round.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 pm

i know i didn't see Milan supporters complaining about injuries in a game against Arsenal.

I KNOW i didnt see that....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:LMAO

Good people of Goal-Legacy, go to the Milan section to see some real discussion about our the game. This is just going to be a Milan-bashing thread.
They deserve a bashing for that pathetic performance. Also, Milan didn't get their act together in second half Arsenal were tired. If they had a proper CM instead of Song you lot wouldn't be in CL anymore. Complacent? I'm 100% sure after 3-0 you were grinding your teeth eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:

They deserve a bashing for that pathetic performance. Also, Milan didn't get their act together in second half Arsenal were tired. If they had a proper CM instead of Song you lot wouldn't be in CL anymore. Complacent? I'm 100% sure after 3-0 you were grinding your teeth eco smile
And who's fault is that? They overexerted themselves and paid the price for it later in the game.

Go make another thread and cry about BL teams failing miserably in Cl.. go on.. do it...
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:

And who's fault is that? They overexerted themselves and paid the price for it later in the game.

Go make another thread and cry about BL teams failing miserably in Cl.. go on.. do it...
I mad and you mad...
Let's drink coffee to calm down Milan's first half against Arsenal Kaffetrinken-am-tisch
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 pm

The dead man is just butthurt that a German team was raped by Messi and co.

And Surag is just trolling Milan fans. He does it all times.

Nothing more to add here :mental:
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Nomad wrote:The dead man is just butthurt that a German team was raped by Messi and co.

And Surag is just trolling Milan fans. He does it all times.
... and Milan fans are happy that they didn't become the laughing stock of the round after the performance their team delievered :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next