What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

+19
Madvillain
LeBĂ©ninois
BarcaLearning
matpol
free_cat
alexjanosik
Harmonica
Khaled
Jonathan28
BarcaKizz
bazinga
jibers
CBarca
Le Samourai
Pedram
shinigami99
The Franchise
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too Empty What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:17 am

Although no estimates have been published about the duration of his injury, it is in the same place as a previous injury so it stands to reason that this one will be longer than the last one. That could still be a manner of weeks, however we are in a delicate situation with the 5 point gap. I think the most likely outcome will be the lesser use of the 3-4-3, without Keita in the squad the list of midfielders is thin so I don't think Pep will want to use so many all the time. It's also possible that Thiago will feature in more games now, and I for one welcome this as I think he should've been getting more playing time recently. Whereas in the beginning it seemed like Cesc and Thiago played an equal amount, it's clear that Cesc has had a lot more playing time recently (the injury of pretty much 1/2 our forwards hasn't helped, though).

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too Empty Re: What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

Post by the xcx Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:28 am

None, I remember when Iniesta got injured after the supercup for 3 weeks and barca still was pretty solid through out, despite without iniesta..I dont think you guys will even miss him a bit.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too Empty Re: What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:46 am

Worrying..because he went down hurt without much contact at all.

I think Cesc did some good things in midfield, some good close control and great feet..did well in forming triangles and giving quick exchanges.

His final ball was horrible all game, but we wont need that out of him so much.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 am

Well thiago will get more time, so all is not lost
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 am

I was thinking Cesc could be moved into the midfield, but it turns out that Alexis is out for 1-2 weeks as well, according to Diario Sport. So it's unlikely that Cesc will move from the forward line. Pedro will have to step up and see if he can regain his former class. As such, Thiago's inclusion in future games is all but assured.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:08 am

Well I think, Pedro for Sanchez and Cesc/Thiago for Iniesta.

But we will rotate and depending on how long Iniesta is out it may not be so big a deal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:43 am

The Franchise wrote:Worrying..because he went down hurt without much contact at all.

I think Cesc did some good things in midfield, some good close control and great feet..did well in forming triangles and giving quick exchanges.

His final ball was horrible all game, but we wont need that out of him so much.

That's what i was trying to say yesterday, you guys sometimes underrate Cesc abilities. it's surely an asset to have a winger with great passing abilities.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 am

But his passing was crap....I dont get you.

He had a great chance in the 1st half but his ball to Messi was shockingly bad...he overhit it and Messi had to stop.

Then he gave the ball away deep in midfield with a lazy pass, which he does alot, and luckily Xavi pressed and Cesc was able to win it back before Cristiano got away.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:00 am

The Franchise wrote:But his passing was crap....I dont get you.

He had a great chance in the 1st half but his ball to Messi was shockingly bad...he overhit it and Messi had to stop.

Then he gave the ball away deep in midfield with a lazy pass, which he does alot, and luckily Xavi pressed and Cesc was able to win it back before Cristiano got away.

Well that was a final ball anyway, i'm talking about short passes, fast exchange and one two. he has a great understanding of Barcas system.

BTW don't get me wrong, i'm not just talking about his today game, he was actually having an off game by his standard. but overall he's a quality passer and i'm sure he'll prove this if he play in the midfield.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 am

Sure, I understand. I understand he is a great passer, but I think no Barca fan will tell you he has shown that for us so far.

I think yeah, he can play in the midfield...but his performances thus far there havent been Thiago level, let alone higher...so he will have to play better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:23 am

Cesc is a winger :lucas:

It is this attitude that leads Del Bosque to idiotically put him out as a RAM.

Cesc is Central........play him anywhere centrally.....Never ever expect him to play well in wwide positions.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 am

He never plays as a winger though. Today he drifted out there once in a while, but most of his touches were in centeral areas.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:29 am

For Barca yes....but Del Bosque takes this stuff seriously and leaves him stranded on the right.

When I see Fabregas trying to dribble past Busquets I am like WTH.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:15 am

Wait wait wait.

Why is Fabregas dribbling past Busquets?

Anyhow, I expect them to hurt. Obviously. We will miss Alexis' movement (hoping Pedro can fulfill that role, I think he can), and Iniesta is...iniesta. One of the best in the world.

Expecting Thiago to play a lot more now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:25 am

massive blow.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:44 am

We want to see Sergi Roberto banana
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 pm

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too Sergi+Roberto+FC+Barcelona+B+v+Girona+Liga+aqG2y_SUhE_l

This guy... first off the bench please...

Busi, Xavi, Thiago/Cesc, Messi, Adriano/Pedro starters.

Roberto, JDS off the bench! :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 pm

We'll be fine guys
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Official: So Alexis Out for 1-2 Weeks & Iniesta for 3 Weeks !!
Get Well Soon!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

FCBarcelona will play the next 2 weeks with Just 14 First Team Players.

- Injuries: Alexis, Iniesta,Villa, Fontas, Afellay.
- African Cup: Kieta.

~ Sergi Roberto, JDS, Cuenca & maybe Montoya could be called for next match vs Villareal!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Upcoming matches CET Time

~ League: Villarreal - FC Barcelona League - Round 21 Sat 01-28-2012 22:00

~ League: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad League - Round 22 Sat 02- 4-2012 22:00

~League: Osasuna - FC Barcelona League - Round 23 Sat 02-11-2012 20:00

~Champions League: Bayer Leverkusen - FC Barcelona Champions League - 1/8 1st leg Tue 02-14-2012 20:45
-
~ League: FC Barcelona - Valencia League - Round 24 Sun 02-19-2012 21:30
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:Upcoming matches CET Time

~ League: Villarreal - FC Barcelona League - Round 21 Sat 01-28-2012 22:00

~ League: FC Barcelona - Real Sociedad League - Round 22 Sat 02- 4-2012 22:00

~League: Osasuna - FC Barcelona League - Round 23 Sat 02-11-2012 20:00

~Champions League: Bayer Leverkusen - FC Barcelona Champions League - 1/8 1st leg Tue 02-14-2012 20:45
-
~ League: FC Barcelona - Valencia League - Round 24 Sun 02-19-2012 21:30
You forgot CDR-matches against Valencia/Levante.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:18 pm

I forgot the Copa Semi-Finals:

Wed 01/02/12: Valencia/Levante vs Barcelona
Wed 08/02/12: Barcelona vs Valencia/Levante
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:35 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too Sergi+Roberto+FC+Barcelona+B+v+Girona+Liga+aqG2y_SUhE_l

This guy... first off the bench please...

Busi, Xavi, Thiago/Cesc, Messi, Adriano/Pedro starters.

Roberto, JDS off the bench! :bow:

Is it just me or does Sergi Roberto remind someone else of Kaka?
The way he runs with the ball is eerily similar to Kaka's style.
I think he can be a good player for us but not as a typical cantera CM as he likes to play off the ball a bit too much.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

With only 14 first team players available I think we can call this an "injury crisis".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next