What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

+19
Madvillain
LeBĂ©ninois
BarcaLearning
matpol
free_cat
alexjanosik
Harmonica
Khaled
Jonathan28
BarcaKizz
bazinga
jibers
CBarca
Le Samourai
Pedram
shinigami99
The Franchise
the xcx
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too - Page 2 Empty Re: What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:21 pm

With only 14 first team players available I think we can call this an "injury crisis".

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too - Page 2 Empty Re: What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:32 pm

They'll be back in 15 days at most. To cover Iniesta we've got Cesc and Thiago.
To cover Alexis we've got Pedro, Adriano and Cuenca. Pedro is better than Alexis and will finally be given the time he deserves.
We can cope.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Big effect, we will lost more points in the LL, and may be eliminated from the Copa. I thought that we will have for the first time under Pep great squad with rotation, but no preseason fu** us big. At least Rosell is happy that we made money in USA Tour. Too much injuries, way too much. With Iniesta it looks like 09-10 season for him. I wouldn't be shocked if we draw tomorrow with Villarreal due to Iniesta and Sanchez absences.

Last edited by matpol on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:04 pm

@ Alex: I can see what you mean. He runs and dribbles pretty similarly to Kaka. He's not a typical cantera CM, but he can play more typically, I've seen it a number of times. He's not like Cesc. In the recent games I feel he was told to be more attacking. I think he's like a Barca mid + a little bit extra. His late runs into the box are perfect, wonderfully timed... if you watch him throughout a game he makes many that are often not spotted. With better service than the likes of Tello etc who he normally plays with, he'd score plenty of goals.

For me, his bad luck is that we bought Cesc, who also likes to make off the ball runs. Purely on rep, Cesc has his spot and Roberto now needs to find another spot alongside him for the future... Difficult, but he's a great tactical option as he's a very complete player, very active and better off-ball movement than our current mids. His passing has let him down in recent showings for the 1st team, probably nerves. Generally he is a very tidy passer.

@Free: Pedro is better than Alexis, but not based on this season. Based on this season Pedro doesn't even deserve a call-up to the Euros. Alexis is a promising player who still has something to prove to show that in the long run he has the class to say he's the better player, but Pedro's class is slowly fading with his form. He can regain it, but he better hurry the f*** up, we need him.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Im not worried, we got good cover with Pedro back looking like, and Adriano really on form this season Very Happy

Having said that, didnt realise the semis are that close! Valencia always give us problems so we will really be on top of our game....with the league gap meanign we cannot even draw a gap...boy it will be tough on the players...they will need to be super fit.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
@Free: Pedro is better than Alexis, but not based on this season. Based on this season Pedro doesn't even deserve a call-up to the Euros. Alexis is a promising player who still has something to prove to show that in the long run he has the class to say he's the better player, but Pedro's class is slowly fading with his form. He can regain it, but he better hurry the f*** up, we need him.

Pedro was much better than Alexis vs. Madrid this wednesday. He scored, dribled past madrid players (take a cue Alexis!), setup a dangerous play, work hard and almost scored again. I'm ok with him.

I find the "Pedro is off-form" or "Pedro has no dribling/first touch" statements to be severely overstatements. He is doing fine and would do much better if he actually played.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:23 pm

matpol wrote:Big effect, we will lost more points in the LL, and may be eliminated from the Copa. I thought that we will have for the first time under Pep great squad with rotation, but no preseason fu** us big. At least Rosell is happy that we made money in USA Tour. Too much injuries, way too much. With Iniesta it looks like 09-10 season for him. i wouldn't be shocked if we draw tomorrow with Villarreal due to Iniesta and Sanchez absences.

This.For the first time under Pep,we have a terrific squad with plenty of options only for it to be completely wracked by injuries.
Bad luck or it could be not having a proper pre season.
Overall the next few weeks are going to be incredibly incredibly tough.
We play Valencia who play the best against us by far.If the Clasico was tough the games against Valencia will be far tougher.
And then we have La Liga games coming up.Frankly if we drop even one point its Bye Bye La Liga.
And we have to do all this with 12 outfield players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its not the midfield depth I am worried about.Even our string midfielders are better than any other teams' first string midfieldders.
Its the defense and forward line thats worrying.
Just 6 players for defense and 3 for attack.Thats just too much workload and we would be lucky to escape without a player or two picking up knocks.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:43 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:@ Alex: I can see what you mean. He runs and dribbles pretty similarly to Kaka. He's not a typical cantera CM, but he can play more typically, I've seen it a number of times. He's not like Cesc. In the recent games I feel he was told to be more attacking. I think he's like a Barca mid + a little bit extra. His late runs into the box are perfect, wonderfully timed... if you watch him throughout a game he makes many that are often not spotted. With better service than the likes of Tello etc who he normally plays with, he'd score plenty of goals.

For me, his bad luck is that we bought Cesc, who also likes to make off the ball runs. Purely on rep, Cesc has his spot and Roberto now needs to find another spot alongside him for the future... Difficult, but he's a great tactical option as he's a very complete player, very active and better off-ball movement than our current mids. His passing has let him down in recent showings for the 1st team, probably nerves. Generally he is a very tidy passer.

You seem to rate him very highly.I think the kid has definitely got talent.I especially like the way he runs with the ball.
But one negative thing I have noticed is his one touch passing.
I think he is a bit too quick to pass the ball if that makes any sense.
He seems to have taken the one touch philosophy a bit too rigidly and just wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it.
I think he can learn a lot by watching Xavi,Busquets,Messi and Iniesta.
They never pass it off just for the sake of passing it on.If the first touch pass isnt on,they wait,look for the right pass and then play it.
Sergi Roberto just passes first touch even if its the wrong pass(which in his case is a lot of the time).
But he is still very young and I am sure he will improve loads by playing with the senior team.

Just one question to everyone.JDS or Sergi Roberto.Who do you rate more?
I rate JDS more and I know a certain admin who will agree with me!!!

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:34 pm

I do rate JDS more, but I have to stess that its because I have seen far more of him that Sergi.

Its a little bit unfair because there is little Sergi could of done to win this battle given the little time he has had.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:49 pm

PLAY JDS PLEASE

I MISS HIM. I WANT HIM BACK.

I wanna see more of my favorite little gem of a player. I still love this kid, and he has the talent.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:29 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:@ Alex: I can see what you mean. He runs and dribbles pretty similarly to Kaka. He's not a typical cantera CM, but he can play more typically, I've seen it a number of times. He's not like Cesc. In the recent games I feel he was told to be more attacking. I think he's like a Barca mid + a little bit extra. His late runs into the box are perfect, wonderfully timed... if you watch him throughout a game he makes many that are often not spotted. With better service than the likes of Tello etc who he normally plays with, he'd score plenty of goals.

You seem to rate him very highly.I think the kid has definitely got talent.I especially like the way he runs with the ball.
He seems to have taken the one touch philosophy a bit too rigidly and just wants to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it.
They never pass it off just for the sake of passing it on.If the first touch pass isnt on,they wait,look for the right pass and then play it.
Sergi Roberto just passes first touch even if its the wrong pass(which in his case is a lot of the time).
But he is still very young and I am sure he will improve loads by playing with the senior team.

I notice that too, but I think Pedro does it for obvious reason - he is not as good in controlling and keeping the ball. Sad to say, but Pedro just isnt on the same level as some of his best teammates, technical, skills, strength, ability to keep the ball, he is weaker than some of the others at doing it, he is better at dribbling past players and shooting/crossing, or making runs into the box, finishing off chances, playing one twos, dragging defenders etc., a lot of those dont require him to keep the ball at all and uses his best attributes more and allows him to reduce risk of losing possession.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Pedro out now as well. Alexis has been called up as his replacement in spite of being injured himself.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Wow. What are we, Arsenal?

At least none of them are real long term (other than Villa of course)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Another crap game without Iniesta. We missed him so much. He is so underrated even by Barca fans excluding me and messixaviesta. No Iniesta = no cutting edge in the final third. We were crap without him in 09-10 season, and we are crap now. La Liga is lost, so let's hope he will be at least fit for UCL games. No Iniesta = no titles. I rate him as our MVP in big games and most decisive player in the team when fit.

We lost points against Valencia: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Getafe: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Real Sociedad: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Villarreal: Iniesta was injured.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBĂ©ninois Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:30 am

matpol wrote:Another crap game without Iniesta. We missed him so much. He is so underrated even by Barca fans excluding me and messixaviesta. No Iniesta = no cutting edge in the final third. We were crap without him in 09-10 season, and we are crap now. La Liga is lost, so let's hope he will be at least fit for UCL games. No Iniesta = no titles. I rate him as our MVP in big games and most decisive player in the team when fit.

We lost points against Valencia: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Getafe: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Real Sociedad: Iniesta was injured.
We lost points against Villarreal: Iniesta was injured.

Definitively , i hope he will be back for CL big games and yeah title is may be lost . F#*!ing USA tour ...
LeBĂ©ninois
LeBĂ©ninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:50 am

alexjanosik wrote:

You'll note that your one criticism is something I said he's not been good at this season when called up. I agree with you, his passing has been bad when he's got the chance, but I'm not judging him only on the fleeting opportunities he's had with the first team. I saw a bit of him last year with Barca B and also with the Spanish youth team. He's a good passer, he just hasn't quite settled with the first team yet. 1 or 2 games a season won't help with this, hopefully next year he'll get a few more games and his nerves will settle. What's better is, he'll have those you mentioned to learn from.

JDS or Sergi Roberto? Sergi Roberto, because he has more potential and tactical variation to our other midfielders. I like JDS too, but I think his best chance is if he can transform himself into a DM, and become Busquets' backup (which still isn't that attractive an option) or leave and play at another club. JDS is more mature and plays with a lot more calm and ease than Roberto (remember... JDS was tipped to break through around 2 years ago... he's had plenty of experience with Barca already). JDS is also a better passer at this point. I think both of these things should come to Sergi with a bit of time, and otherwise he's got a whole lot more skills than JDS.

One of the main reasons I rate him too is because both Xavi and Pep praised him first among the Barca B talents. If they rat him, I rate him.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:12 am

Bigger impact than we hoped already Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 am

We really need Iniesta to be fit for the rest of the season after he recovers from his current injury. Shit is essential.

BTW, I rate Sergi Roberto more. Is there a thread on this forum where the cantera (or at least Barça B) is discussed?

EDIT: Nevermind, found the sticky.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 am

Nice to see some of you make posts to point out the importance of Iniesta. The most essential problem playing without Iniesta day to day the way I see it is that the midfield becomes too static and other than pass, pass, pass there seems to be nothing else to do. All teams need to do is block our passing channels. So the way out then is to push Messi deeper so that he can play part of Iniesta's role. The minute you do that you reduce Messi's threat in front of goal and given that our forward line right now is the weakest it has ever been under Pep that is not at all desirable. Try to recall the 2009-10 season when Iniesta was largely out injured. What did Pep do? The answer is he used Keita in Iniesta's role. Now Keita is not a world class player but he did give us running and pressing. With flair all around him we managed somehow. Now that same Pep chooses to play a midfield of Busquets, Xavi and Fabregas which makes very little sense to me. You need at least one runner and ball carrier in the midfield. At least if we play Thiago he can take on this responsibility to some extent but Fabregas is just not suited for it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:11 pm

Well JD Cesc is like a rich mans Keita right now, so I understand Pep.

Cesc makes great runs into the box without the ball, just like Keita. So I guess that is the thought process.

Cesc even got 2 chances from those runs, so it didnt totally fail. He just played crap.

Still, Thiago would of been better. But I dont think Pep has ever chosen Thiago to start a game DIRECTLY over Cesc yet.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Still, Thiago would of been better. But I dont think Pep has ever chosen Thiago to start a game DIRECTLY over Cesc yet.

Seem to remember Thiago getting quite a few starts at the start of the season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Yes, but with Cesc.

Never instead of him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well JD Cesc is like a rich mans Keita right now, so I understand Pep.

Cesc makes great runs into the box without the ball, just like Keita. So I guess that is the thought process.

Cesc even got 2 chances from those runs, so it didnt totally fail. He just played crap.

Very interesting dani. However while Cesc gives us Keita's runs towards the box he probably doesn't give us his pressing in midfield.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:16 pm

Injury issues overloading yet AGAIN.. its not like these players are made from glass its just frustrating when the teams beautiful play-style is a huge factor in these injuries...

remember when you were a little kid, two bigger kids (maybe brother, cousin..etc) passing around a ball with you being completely lost in the middle?... getting filled with RAGE ! What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too - Page 2 2276801876

Keeping possession and having near perfect passing has it price my friends..

Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 am

Hamdyman wrote:Injury issues overloading yet AGAIN.. its not like these players are made from glass its just frustrating when the teams beautiful play-style is a huge factor in these injuries...

remember when you were a little kid, two bigger kids (maybe brother, cousin..etc) passing around a ball with you being completely lost in the middle?... getting filled with RAGE ! What will Iniesta's and Alexis' injuries' effect be on the team? UPDATE: Pedro injured now too - Page 2 2276801876

Keeping possession and having near perfect passing has it price my friends..

Real Madrid players are Barca's version of those brothers and cousins u mentioned Laughing
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:35 pm

~ According to Mascherano, Alexis trained normally today..

~ Andres Iniesta, recovering from a hamstring injury, could be back for the league game against Osasuna next week. [sport | via @barcastuff]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next