Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

+21
Amar
InvalidComment
urbaNRoots
aleumdance
boss
Jamin
MJ
Iceman
TalkingReckless
SamuelJayC
Lex
tsgooner1
KMD
Eman
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
djoe26
mani88
REWB
The Verminator
Jay29
25 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Arsenal have picked up fewer points after 22 matches than in any Premier League season since 1995-96. (orbinho)

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I've done the first post. My thoughts on the Chamberlain thing are there.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 pm

G.Neville: "Injuries are no excuse. When you're a team that plays in 4 competitions every year you can't lose 4 players + fall apart."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:G.Neville: "Injuries are no excuse. When you're a team that plays in 4 competitions every year you can't lose 4 players + fall apart."

he means 8 right...4 full backs, 1 DM, 2 Mid, 1 Backup Striker..not counting diaby....and two ANC players
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Um f*ck off, inferior Neville brother?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

my afc ratings: Szczesny 6; Djourou 3 Mertesacker 6 Koscielny 7 Vermaelen 5; Song 5 Ramsey 5; Walcott 3 Rosicky 7 Chamberlain 7.5; RVP 6.5
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:G.Neville: "Injuries are no excuse. When you're a team that plays in 4 competitions every year you can't lose 4 players + fall apart."

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 3 KiD_cc043e_1279669
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Arsenal have now lost as many games this season as they lost in the whole of both 2009//10 and 2010/11. (@dalejohnsonESPN)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:43 pm

It's interesting what you guys think of the match.

I actually think that Wenger made a HUGE improvement by starting Chamberlain. Maybe he was better than Walcott and should have stayed but didn't you guys want experience? he subbed the OX with the Russian captain.

Theo will improve once Sagna is back and you will all be begging for a contract extension.

I really think we should switch to 4-4-2.

Last edited by Jamin on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:44 pm

1st of all Arsenal need some changes undoubtedly,well about performances i'm really disappointed but being honest we was a bit unlucky today -in a way-
Finally we should put some of our youngsters(talented) in first team ,why not RYO 4example ?

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Official Szczesny twitter page:

"Its just about time for me to grow up, delete twitter and focus on football! Thanks for all the support I have received here."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:48 pm

boss wrote:1st of all Arsenal need some changes undoubtedly,well about performances i'm really disappointed but being honest we was a bit unlucky today -in a way-
Finally we should put some of our youngsters(talented) in first team ,why not RYO 4example ?

because if that backfires people will still blame Wenger for playing youths instead of Experienced
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I actually think that Wenger made a HUGE improvement by starting Chamberlain. Maybe he was better than Walcott and should have stayed but didn't you guys want experience? he subbed the OX with the Russian captain.

This is true. The fact he started Chamberlain in such a big game could mean that he's willing to give the guy more opportunities. Chamberlain certainly didn't disappoint and deserves to start the next game.

It's subbing Arshavin that's the problem. Experience aside, he's not in good form and he's never been great defensively. Just seemed an unnecessary risk to take at that stage.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:54 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

This is true. The fact he started Chamberlain in such a big game could mean that he's willing to give the guy more opportunities. Chamberlain certainly didn't disappoint and deserves to start the next game.

It's subbing Arshavin that's the problem. Experience aside, he's not in good form and he's never been great defensively. Just seemed an unnecessary risk to take at that stage.

it was either him or Park.... and Benny and Rozza at the same time is no good...

Park hasn't played in a while....so it was Arshavin

Ox was sick all week and had cramps so had to be taken off
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:59 pm

I get he was sick and had cramps. I don't disagree with that. I just think bringing on Arshavin was the wrong move.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 pm

imalegend wrote:

because if that backfires people will still blame Wenger for playing youths instead of Experienced
Instead whome ! just look @utd..wellbeck,valencia,rafael,fabio,smalling,valencia,lindegaard etc..or to other clubs like chelsea-sturridge etc ......just why not @ arsenal: Ryo,Coquelin,Aoc,Yennaris.. etc etc (i'm talking about em who are really talented)...How they could be experienced without performances ?

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:19 pm

boss wrote:
imalegend wrote:

Instead whome ! just look @utd..wellbeck,valencia,rafael,fabio,smalling,valencia,lindegaard etc..or to other clubs like chelsea-sturridge etc ......just why not @ arsenal: Ryo,Coquelin,Aoc,Yennaris.. etc etc (i'm talking about em who are really talented)...How they could be experienced without performances ?

Well most of United youngsters are established ones.... ours are raw...
wellbeck has a full good season under sunderland, smalling has 2 years under Fulham......

rarely does Fergie put out a raw talent.... he always gives them a year loan or slowly develops them.....

same for sturridge he showed his talent at Man C and was brillant during his loan at Bolton, only now he is starting for Chelsea

Ryo, Ox, Yennaris are all raw.... only Coquelin is established because he has played a whole year....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:23 pm

imalegend wrote:
boss wrote:
imalegend wrote:

wellbeck has a full good season under sunderland, smalling has 2 years under Fulham......

rarely does Fergie put out a raw talent.... he always gives them a year loan or slowly develops them.....

same for sturridge he showed his talent at Man C and was brillant during his loan at Bolton, only now he is starting for Chelsea

Ryo, Ox, Yennaris are all raw.... only Coquelin is established because he has played a whole year....

whooaa calm down, ryo has play a season in the dutch league and ox has played a season in league 1, all still profession football, playing with men. these guy are experienced enough to play more and get starts. im sure. yenneris has already proven to be a good back up to play a few games untill sagna come back
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:36 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
imalegend wrote:
boss wrote:
imalegend wrote:

whooaa calm down, ryo has play a season in the dutch league and ox has played a season in league 1, all still profession football, playing with men. these guy are experienced enough to play more and get starts. im sure. yenneris has already proven to be a good back up to play a few games untill sagna come back

the 6 months is nothing for Ryo he came straight from High School football...he needs more then just 6 months, the 6 months was good for Wilshere because he grew up at Arsenal and played reserves and Carling Cup but Ryo is still raw and needs more time to adapt to be playing regularly for us

and not all can jump straight from league 1 to EPL.... it took Walcott a while it will probably take Ox a while too but he will probably be faster then Walcott

the problem is at Arsenal we use our Young too early and if they play bad we call them a flop... that happened to Song, Denilson, and will happened to alot more in the future
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 pm

I don't see much harm in giving Miyaichi the odd sub appearance here and there. Kids like Miquel and Yennaris had never played a first team game before now and have done okay. Even Frimpong hadn't played a first team game and has done well.

Week in week out is a little much, but as I say, the odd appearance here or there wouldn't hurt anybody.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:43 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I don't see much harm in giving Miyaichi the odd sub appearance here and there. Kids like Miquel and Yennaris had never played a first team game before now and have done okay. Even Frimpong hadn't played a first team game and has done well.

Week in week out is a little much, but as I say, the odd appearance here or there wouldn't hurt anybody.

I agree, I dont think any of them would be as bad as Arshivan.

Wenger has 8 days get rid of him now and I dont care if we dont buy.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I don't know how anyone can defend wenger's subs anymore after what he did today

like i said already wenger can't make subs to defend his life ( ONE MAJORE TACTICAL FLAW HE HAS)

but after today?
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Gotten from arsenalmania

Something I didnt understand during the game was why play Ox in this game? He hasnt featured against any of the lesser teams such as Wigan or Norwich or teams such as that, but then he throws him in at the deep end and plays him in arguably the biggest game of the season? Wheres the logic in that. He was fantastic but wheres the logic in not giving him a proper run up until this game?

Did he finally decide that Arshavin wasnt up to it? Because if so then why bring him on? EVEN IF Ox did have cramp or an injury (which seems like total BS, not once did he signal to the bench, not once did he limp, he looked p****d off at being taken off and our own captain couldnt understand the decision) then why not bring on Benayoun for example? Who anyone would tell you is a lot more defensively minded than Arshavin? Or, take off Ramsey and put Arshavin in the middle where he's a lot less likely to be detrimental to our defensive game

The decision to take off Ox was an awful one, one that Wenger has made numerous times this season in terms of taking off our main attacking outlet and leaving us blunt in attack. This is what the people most p****d off with Wenger have been complaining. No lack of investment or purse strings being tightened forced Wenger to make that decision, he CHOSE to make it and it was a terrible decision. The man needs to go, he has become detrimental to the growth of this team and he's sticking to his tried and tested techniques that have rarely worked to begin with. He's sticking to his ideals no matter what and they ARENT working. He's not likely to change either so we need to bring someone in who IS. Arshavin should be nowhere near the first team of a top club given the lack of effort and desire he's shown for close to a year and a half now

If your captain is questioning your decisions, I think its safe to ASSUME he may have lost the dressing room a little while ago (which would sure as hell explain the seeming lack of effort in a few matches). Then when Utd got the 2nd goal, I saw Robin shake his head, turn around and just walk right back to the centre circle, right now, he's off, and I cant say I would blame him

I was at the game, the decision got booed, not Arshavin, and rightly so. This isnt something thats happened over night, we havent just decide we're all of a sudden going to start booing, its a reaction to the current frustrating situation we find ourselves in. If 60,000 people can tell you its a bad decision before the worst of it even happens (Arshavin completely selling himself against a dribble to let Valencia in when he wasnt close to him to begin with) then you've made a f**k up. Just come out, hold your hands up and admit you MIGHT have made a mistake, dont treat us like c**ts saying he had cramp because he sure as f**k didnt look like it
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:23 pm

aleumdance wrote:I don't know how anyone can defend wenger's subs anymore after what he did today

like i said already wenger can't make subs to defend his life ( ONE MAJORE TACTICAL FLAW HE HAS)

but after today?

So u were angry when Wenger took Djourou off for Yennaris ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:
aleumdance wrote:I don't know how anyone can defend wenger's subs anymore after what he did today

but after today?

So u were angry when Wenger took Djourou off for Yennaris ?

RG to be fair he had enough time to buy a RB and he has not done that. Why is Djourou playing RB when teams know he is our weak link and attack him. Wenger should have bought a fullback by now, he is the manager its his job to put the right person there.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 pm

thats not the point lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next