Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

+21
Amar
InvalidComment
urbaNRoots
aleumdance
boss
Jamin
MJ
Iceman
TalkingReckless
SamuelJayC
Lex
tsgooner1
KMD
Eman
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
djoe26
mani88
REWB
The Verminator
Jay29
25 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:41

tsgooner1 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:We desperatly need an AM though.

we do but wilshere will come back and we should aim for one in the summer, not jan.

idk based on last year i saw wilshire as more of guy that controls the flow of a game, not the guy that provides movement around the box and creates chances. hes a very very good deep lying midfielder and he might be able to develop into an AM but it seems to me we lack more of a cutting edge. We get around the box and then dont seem to know what to do there. A striker is also needed though, we need more goals.

yeah i no thats why we should aim for one in the summer, but not in jan, we dont have time to get the right one. we need a striker first.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester United: Poor defending down the flanks costs Arsenal the game

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:42

What was Djourou thinking for 1st goal????? "It's only Ryan Giggs, no need to stop this cross..."
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:42

tsgooner1 wrote:depends on the opposition though, dj was never gonna do well against nani and its not fair to judge him on that. he just doest have the physical attributes such as speed and agility. but against bigger opposition he is useful.

he doesn't have the stamina to play there, he was already done by half time,
you could see that before giggs crossed... he didn't even try to stop him
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:44

Samuelj29060 wrote:What was Djourou thinking for 1st goal????? "It's only Ryan Giggs, no need to stop this cross..."

its pathetic, lack of desire. thats why i get so pissed off when some people try an defending him because he isnt a rb...SO WHAT? we dont expect him to be amazing there, but we at least expect him to be decent and do a job.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:44

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

we do but wilshere will come back and we should aim for one in the summer, not jan.

idk based on last year i saw wilshire as more of guy that controls the flow of a game, not the guy that provides movement around the box and creates chances. hes a very very good deep lying midfielder and he might be able to develop into an AM but it seems to me we lack more of a cutting edge. We get around the box and then dont seem to know what to do there. A striker is also needed though, we need more goals.

yeah i no thats why we should aim for one in the summer, but not in jan, we dont have time to get the right one. we need a striker first.

The Striker isn't our problem atm..

it's our mid they can't control the game unless Arteta is playing... until our Mid learns to control the game, the striker is useless unless he is someone like RVP who can make his own chances....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:45

Yes, lack of ambition is why Djourou played badly. Just stop it, please stop it.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:50

imalegend wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
tsgooner1 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

The Striker isn't our problem atm..

it's our mid they can't control the game unless Arteta is playing... until our Mid learns to control the game, the striker is useless unless he is someone like RVP who can make his own chances....

mid will start to improve once we get our fullbacks back who at times (when they venture forward) will add that extra body in midfield plus it will also improve with the addition of wilshere and arteta.

of course atm a striker is not a problem but you need to look to the future more, all you are doing is looking at the present. we need to give rvp some back up, i think he wants it to. how hard must it be for him knowing that whenever he is rested nodody is going to be there to stick it in the net without him?

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:50

Iceman wrote:Yes, lack of ambition is why Djourou played badly. Just stop it, please stop it.

desire, my mistake
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:50

Eden Hazard where you at bruh?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:52

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Iceman wrote:Yes, lack of ambition is why Djourou played badly. Just stop it, please stop it.

desire, my mistake

Desire and ambition are synonymous.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:52

i wont blame he to badly because he just isnt supposed to be an rb, he just clearly lacks pace but he should have gotten out and defended gigs better. both goals were from going asleep mentally, arshavin with his pathetic attempt of a jump and dj not getting out fast enough.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:52

i wont blame he to badly because he just isnt supposed to be an rb, he just clearly lacks pace but he should have gotten out and defended gigs better. both goals were from going asleep mentally, arshavin with his pathetic attempt of a jump and dj not getting out fast enough.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:53

MJGunner wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

desire, my mistake

Desire and ambition are synonymous.

desire to rush in a get the ball, whats your problem anyway? fact is djourou didnt do enough in that position and we conceded.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:54

I don't think everyone who played poorly lacked desire, like you.

Btw, nobody noted how excellent a substitution Yennaris for Djourou was. :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:54

Wenger: 'I have been in management 30 years, I've made 50,000 substitutions. I don't have to justify every decision to you [the press]' :facepalm:

'You f***** it up Wenger' - #AFC fan in front of press box Thumbs up

"It would silly to drop points because we have no full-backs." Laughing
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:55

Lex wrote:Who's our next game against? Hope it's a whipping boy so i can relax

Next FA Cup is Aston Villa home 28th

Next PL is Bolton away 31st
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:57

What do Man United and Arsenal have in common? Both will make appearances in the #EuropaLeague in 2012.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:57

MJGunner wrote:I don't think everyone who played poorly lacked desire, like you.

Btw, nobody noted how excellent a substitution Yennaris for Djourou was. :coffee:

oh shut up mate,

anyway yennaris should replace djourou from now on, even if he has some poor games we need to stick with him and develop him. enough giving crap players ike djourou chances.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 22 Jan 2012, 19:58

praising wenger is not allowed MJ
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:00

i think everyone needs to chill out with this we re gonna be playing in EL. come on that was man utd, its not like we played really bad. we an bounce back, and its not like spurs or chelsea or pool are gonna beat utd

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:00

RealGunner wrote:praising wenger is not allowed MJ

Crap, I keep forgetting that one Neutral
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:01

Wenger got credit all them years ago when we were winning trophy after trophy, so why shouldn't he be criticised now, when we are completely average?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:02

RealGunner wrote:praising wenger is not allowed MJ

nodoby cares if somebody does something good, but then makes a mistake after, thats not on rg. it was a great sub by wenger...but then he made a bad one after which ultimately cost us the game. i understand why nobody is praising that sub, because they are frustrated. :facepalm:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:02

yes he should be critized, i agree, we cost us the game and should be critized. but this loss isnt do or die, thats all im trying to say.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:05

Hey REWB, relax. I never said anything about Arshavin, I brought up the Yennaris one. That's it.

Anyway, whenever we lose, I imagine Wenger answering the Press' questions about why we lost like this..

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 22 Jan 2012, 20:05

Arsenal have picked up fewer points after 22 matches than in any Premier League season since 1995-96. (orbinho)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum