Swanhends
aunshi
the xcx
AttacanteBG
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sell Kenny, Sack Carroll? - Page 2 Empty Re: Sell Kenny, Sack Carroll?

Post by poolsupporter Sat 21 Jan 2012, 22:08

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Kenny is a little too set in his ways of putting out teams. That dreaded 4-4-2 formation in particular. I obviously don't want him fired, but I'd love to see him change some of the things he does wrong. Unfortunately a lot of supporters on Liverpool-only forums refuse to hear any sort of criticism of Kenny. They assume somehow we attack his legacy by questioning his current decisions.

That's my point. If KD doesn't get you fourth place, especially with the money he was given to improve the squad, would you still want him as manager?

I'm not one to jump on the 'fire him' bandwagon unless the performances have been very bad. (Re: Hodgson)

Kenny is a decent manager. He proved that through the second half of last season. I'm not sure what the issues are at the moment, but I'm willing to give him more time. However, as fans, I believe we need to start seeing some changes in the consistent mistakes he makes.

One of our issues this season is consistency in line-ups.

Is there anyone out there who could properly say who our starting 11 is? I couldn't.

poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat 21 Jan 2012, 22:35

Kenny is far far more than just a decent manager. His stint with blackburn and of course his world class stint with Liverpool proves just that.

All Liverpool fans would want him even if we finished 10th.

We all know what he is capable of.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat 21 Jan 2012, 23:12

gotten from liverpooltvforum

"If you buy mediocrity, you'll get mediocre results."
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sat 21 Jan 2012, 23:17

Sell Kenny, Sack Carroll? - Page 2 Kennyskitpkif
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun 22 Jan 2012, 05:26

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:This is very sad, Kenny whole recruiting has been awful.

Bullshit.

Only bad signings were Downing and Carroll.

Only reason we bought Carroll because he was the only striker in the market at the time. It was a panic buy. Simple as.

Messiakanino wrote:Carroll should be converted to a back up CB for us. Like Nirgall said, the guy does not have any sense of basic football technique in him. Kenny's buys have been beyond bad, he still thinks he can win the EPL and CL with all British players. Kenny needs to move on, this isn't 1990 ffs.

Reina, Enrique, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Suarez and Maxi. Hardly a British core. Only reason Maxi is on the bench atm, is because he has no team chemistry with Carroll.

And there's no way Andy should be converted to a CB. Almost as bad as when RAWK was saying Gerrard would be a world class centre back. :facepalm:

We cut our losses now. Sell Carroll for anything over 10m. Downing can stay for depth.

Season turned sour as soon as Lucas was gone for the season.

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
poolsupporter wrote:Kenny is a little too set in his ways of putting out teams. That dreaded 4-4-2 formation in particular. I obviously don't want him fired, but I'd love to see him change some of the things he does wrong. Unfortunately a lot of supporters on Liverpool-only forums refuse to hear any sort of criticism of Kenny. They assume somehow we attack his legacy by questioning his current decisions.

That's my point. If KD doesn't get you fourth place, especially with the money he was given to improve the squad, would you still want him as manager?

He's spent 40m net, and if it wasn't for an injury to our key player we'd be comfortably fighting for the top 4. Anyway. Not worried. We turn it on after February, and still have to play the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs at home. Think Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, City and United all vs each other soon. People will drop points.

Chelsea isn't exactly unreachable on the way they've played in recent weeks. They're almost as bad as us.

@ aleumdance: You're 1 point ahead from a mid-table club. cheers

The Franchise wrote:No, because he is still young and its still very early in his Pool career.

he showed talent for Newcastle it wouldnt make sense to give up on it after such a short time.

Players need time.

He's whole career has been based on a 6 month stint at Newcastle.

I'd rather we cut our losses now, and get a striker that suits our style instead of changing the way 10 people want to play on the laziest player in training.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 11:56

will darren bent improve you???

i think so tbh
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 16:13

People need to remember that Pool is w/o there two best players in Suarez and Lucas plus Gerrard has been in and out of the lineup all year.

I know everyone has injuries and suspensions but losing those three is pretty much the spine of there team and there not that creative with them so losing them is huge.

With out those two in the squad they have a serious lack of technique and are so uncreative.

With that being said, Dalglish's purchases have been horrible. I wouldn't put Adam in that category as he was fairly cheap and has played to his price tag.

I mean rule one in the transfer market should be Brittish players are not worth anywhere near there price tag and go buy two forieners for the price of one Brit. He could have bought some serious talent for the money he spent but the question is would they go to Pool? And now, how much more money will the owners spend because they need to buy to be in the top 4.

If I were there owners I would not give Dalglish one more penny to spend. They need to remove him from all purchasing decisions.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun 22 Jan 2012, 22:45

baresi wrote:Would Newcastle take him back for 7m?

No. Judas got rot in hell for all I care. Wouldn't take him back for free.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Mon 23 Jan 2012, 06:57

Yes to both
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 16 May 2012, 17:43

:lol!:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2