aford92
punkfusion1992
chinomaster182
Harmonica
Raptorgunner
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

iPitch: Apple Prepares Bid For EPL TV Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: iPitch: Apple Prepares Bid For EPL TV Rights

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:08 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
supra969 wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:
supra969 wrote:*bleep* that give it to aljazeera

i pay 85 a year for the worlds greates bundle

ligue 1
serie a
russian leauge
uefa cl
english cups + championship
la liga
euro + all other major international tourneys

allong side other sporting event's you guys are being ripped off

Shocked

seriously aljazeera is owned by the royal family they arent after the money like other broadcasting companies

sky is owned by ruporth murdoch...not exactly in need of cash

murdoch cares about making $$.... while the royal families don't

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

iPitch: Apple Prepares Bid For EPL TV Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: iPitch: Apple Prepares Bid For EPL TV Rights

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:11 pm

murdoch closed down a tabloid newspaper after the hacking scandal without a word and even gave millions of pounds to charity as a payback...he doesnt have the health to go into a bidding war....guy pretty much own everything out there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:37 pm

supra969 wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

ligue 1
serie a
russian leauge
uefa cl
la liga

Shocked

seriously aljazeera is owned by the royal family they arent after the money like other broadcasting companies

Biased as hell though, especially their international news stations.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:42 pm

Saetablanca wrote:
supra969 wrote:
Saetablanca wrote:

ligue 1
serie a
russian leauge
uefa cl
la liga

Shocked

Biased as hell though, especially their international news stations.

the news station maybe but their sport and documentaries(spelling) sections are way to good to be true
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LFC Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:murdoch closed down a tabloid newspaper after the hacking scandal without a word and even gave millions of pounds to charity as a payback...he doesnt have the health to go into a bidding war....guy pretty much own everything out there

lol he doesn't actually do any bidding himself. In fact, he doesn't actually have as much control over Sky as what people think. News Corp (which he is the CEO of) owns a 39% stake in Sky.

I hope the TV rights stay with Sky to be honest. I would much prefer they stayed with ONE broadcaster instead of being split between two or more because it ultimately means the customer is paying out a lot more in subscriptions. Sky will never lose the rights because they've done far too much for the Premier League over the years and I highly doubt the league would turn their back on them. They only gave ESPN (and Setanta before them) a package last time around because the European court ordered them to in the interests of fairness. If that didn't happen then the league would still be live just on Sky.

Al Jazeera will win a package of games if they bid Sky out the water but in doing so they're going to have to pay a LOT of money because Sky won't give up easily... Premier League after all is the only thing that makes Sky lucrative to customers. Without landing the first set of rights in 1992 Sky probably wouldn't exist now at the level it does. Apple will make people buy an Apple TV box so the league won't be selling any games to them. Best they can hope for is an online highlights package.

We still don't know the outcome of the 'pub landlady' appeal so it's going to be interesting to see how the rights are sold next time around. I have a feeling that they're going to stop selling all 380 matches to European countries that can be received in the UK via satellite in order to stop the foreign feeds in pubs for the 3pm kick offs. To combat that though they'll increase the number of TV games from the current 138... Hopefully anyway!

LFC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:25 pm

welcome to the forum !
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:26 pm

Newcastle will be in the Championship anyway........
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:55 am

I've Al Jazzera (everyone in my family has like every arabic channel for free) but I prefer Canal+ for their HD and club TV
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:58 am

omarish wrote:I've Al Jazzera (everyone in my family has like every arabic channel for free) but I prefer Canal+ for their HD and club TV

you guys get canal in lebanon ???

(ohh wiat remmberd french is a main lang there
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:14 am

LFC wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:murdoch closed down a tabloid newspaper after the hacking scandal without a word and even gave millions of pounds to charity as a payback...he doesnt have the health to go into a bidding war....guy pretty much own everything out there

lol he doesn't actually do any bidding himself. In fact, he doesn't actually have as much control over Sky as what people think. News Corp (which he is the CEO of) owns a 39% stake in Sky.

of course he doesnt handle things there, i bet he doesnt even know what he owns, he has got middle men to do that for him which is why for the hacking scandal he had to give evidence eventhough he knew very little abt it.....

Syco owns much of the recording industry yet Simon Cowell is the boss...same can be said here
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 am

Apple TV should buy the SERIE A broadcasting rights : )
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:38 pm

metinsk wrote:Apple TV should buy the SERIE A broadcasting rights : )

expect to pay premium for it and like all of their things it won't be avaliable everywhere....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum